• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You'll get a piece of cake if you help me!

ballygowan

Hiya!

So, I'm new to this forum. This is my first post, and without even introducing myself, I'm already doing this. Sorry! I just really, really need some help.
I have been into the MBTI for about 5 years now. I'm a 20-year old girl (or woman, I guess) who just got out of a long, serious relationship about 3-4 months ago. And when I say serious, I really mean serious: 4 years together and 6 months of living together. So, why am I doing this? Well, I really feel like I wasn't really 'myself' when I was in that relationship. I was very, very emotional and just irrational. I have no idea why. So, now I'm happy and pretty much back to normal, and I'm ready to be typed again! Woop woop.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I used to think I'm ENFP; I have always scored as ENFP on online tests (both cognitive and the MBTI) and yeah. But when I started to learn about cognitive functions myself, and when I actually started to understand them, I realized that I don't have Fi or Te. I'm pretty sure I have Fe, but it is not my dominant function.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I would say that I'm quite driven, and I want to succeed. I want to have a good job, and I want to be respected. Ironically, I'm the biggest procrastinator I know: I never finish anything, I'm so bad with projects! I know how to start projects, I get everyone excited and then I get bored with it and then I'm already starting a new project. But yeah. I want to succeed, but I also want to travel and see the world. I want to do everything and see everything. And I really want to live in a lighthouse and I want to write a book. I guess I just want to die happy, not regretting anything, just thinking about all the crazy stuff that I did and just be happy and proud of myself. I'm not really that passionate about anything, I just want a great life.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Right now. I moved to a new country because I just felt trapped back home. It was really like a 'leap into the unknown' and I loved it. Now I'm kind of bored again though, but that's just because my life is just normal here now. At first it was so exciting, everything was so new. But yeah. I'm gonna travel a lot during this year (I'm taking a gap year) and I'm really happy about that. I want to sleep in hostels, make tons of new friends and just live free I guess.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People who make me feel stupid, or feeling embarrassed. I hate looking bad in front of people. I guess it's really something I need to work on, because everyone is embarrassed by something sometimes. I just really want to seem confident, happy and smart.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I'm really bad at making decisions, I hate it. I like to keep my options open all the time in case something goes wrong. But I guess I try to think of what I will gain, and how other people will feel about my decision. This is a hard question, because I usually just make up my mind in the last minute, so my decisions are pretty rushed all the time.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Of course I want to have control of the outcome, who doesn't? But I really don't like group projects that much to be honest. I love working with people, I love meeting new people, but I like to work alone with other people, you know? But if I do work in a group, I'm not usually the leader, I'm more of a brainstormer I guess. I have lots and lots of ideas, but not all of them are good, haha.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Ugh, hard question again! Sometimes I feel like I'm either missing out on something or I just don't have that exciting life haha because these kinds of questions are so hard for me. I mean every time I go out with my friends, I end up having a great time and I do a lot of crazy stuff with my friends, but it's not that fun. I feel like I'm almost never that emotionally 'charged' you know? But yeah. I like getting drunk with my friends, doing something fun or crazy (like skinny dipping, eating at random places, sleeping at random hostels etc etc) and just do stuff.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I usually just want to know everything about the subject I'm learning about: I read a lot of books, spend my time researching online, and doing the actual thing. Like for example, if I wanted to know how to do a double flip, I would first read how you do it and how it works, like how our bodies work when we do it, and then try it.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I'm very organized, it just doesn't seem that way to other people haha. My room is pretty much always a mess and so is my desk, but for me it's organized. I know exactly where everything is. I make lists and schedules, and I know how to be organized, I know how to do stuff efficiently, but I'm just not meant to be that way I guess haha. It's frustrating sometimes, because I have the capacity to be very efficient, but I just am not haha.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I get very excited about new ideas very easily. I don't really understand this question though haha, so I'm giving you a very vague answer: I try to understand the principles I guess.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I usually want everyone to feel good, and if I'm working on a group projects, I talk to everyone to see how they feel about stuff and yeah. I just don't want anyone to feel left out.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Speak before thinking. I prefer both; I love heated arguments and group discussions, but I also love one-on-one communications. You really don't know anyone until you have talked to them one-to-one at 4am!

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I usually do some quick thinking before I do something. I'm pretty spontaneous, but at the same time I don't want to do anything *too* stupid. And both are important, action and words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friend calls you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd go, unless it's something very important, like Doctor Who 50th anniversary special haha.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I act very irrational, I become very emotional and nothing really seems to work out. I try to organize everything in my head, I try to act sensible and I try to just keep everything under control, but usually it doesn't really work out. If I'm really, really stressed, I start to act like a chicken or something haha. I just don't make any sense when I'm stressed out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I usually like everyone, but people who think they are better than everyone else... I just really can't stand that at all. Also people who like to make other people feel bad because they have low-self esteem, ugh, I just can't stand that.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I really like to talk about basically anything! It's the quantity, not quality haha. So yeah, pretty much anything from make up to deep, philosophical conversations. I also love to argue and debate, and sometimes I start to debate about something that I don't even know anything about but I end up sounding like I know a lot haha. I'm pretty versatile when it comes to conversations. I just love to debate, though. It's like a sport.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Everyday-type of things, like paying the bills etc etc. I know it's bad, and again, it's something I really need to work on.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What would your friends never say about your personality?
Ugh, I have no idea! They would probably say that I laugh a lot, I make a lot of jokes and I'm generally pretty optimistic. I'm open-minded and easy to get to know, but then again, I don't really have that many friends. I have a lot of acquaintances, but it's hard for me to actually get past that and actually become friends. I don't know. I guess that even though I'm really social and all that, at the same time I'm kind of distant. I'm not a great friend: I'm always late, I make other plans because I don't remember what I have already planned with you and I sometimes forget that you exist. I don't do it on purpose and these are all some of my bad qualities.

Sorry if my answers are short, just ask me more if you feel like you need to! I'm pretty tired (insomnia and internet addiction...) so yeah. And here's your cake!

CHOCOLATE-CAKE-YUM-chocolate-33482007-1000-667.jpg

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not as experienced as a lot of people on this site, but I feel like we have a lot if common. If you don't have Fi or Te and relate more to Ti and Fe, you might be an ENTP. I get a strong Ne vibe from you, and it seems like you Perceiving preference. Thoughts?

Also, congrats on getting out of a relationship that wasn't working for you and making a big move. I know ending serious relationships can suck, but it seems like you made the right choice. Have FUN during your gap year. Best wishes! xoxo

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not as experienced as a lot of people on this site, but I feel like we have a lot if common. If you don't have Fi or Te and relate more to Ti and Fe, you might be an ENTP. I get a strong Ne vibe from you, and it seems like you Perceiving preference. Thoughts?

Also, congrats on getting out of a relationship that wasn't working for you and making a big move. I know ending serious relationships can suck, but it seems like you made the right choice. Have FUN during your gap year. Best wishes! xoxo

Cognitive functions are a sucky way of determining type. But they're fun for analyzing oneself after determining type.

"I usually want everyone to feel good, and if I'm working on a group projects, I talk to everyone to see how they feel about stuff and yeah. I just don't want anyone to feel left out." This is a Feeler statement, obviously. It doesn't imply Fi or Fe, just Feeling. People on this forum don't understand that there can be just Feeling without I or E.

"I usually do some quick thinking before I do something. I'm pretty spontaneous, but at the same time I don't want to do anything *too* stupid. And both are important, action and words." This statement as well as others are heavy on Perceiving, which means that the dominant function is either Sensing or Intuiting, especially given her obvious Extraversion.

"I get very excited about new ideas very easily. I don't really understand this question though haha, so I'm giving you a very vague answer: I try to understand the principles I guess." This statement implies Intuition, not Ni or Ne, just Intuition.

"I'm really bad at making decisions, I hate it. I like to keep my options open all the time in case something goes wrong." Perceiving.

"18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Everyday-type of things, like paying the bills etc etc. I know it's bad, and again, it's something I really need to work on."
Intuitives are not very interested in the mundane aspects of life.

"I really like to talk about basically anything! It's the quantity, not quality haha. So yeah, pretty much anything from make up to deep, philosophical conversations." Extraversion, with a touch of Intuition.

ENFP. Why was there any doubt?

Oh yes, Jungian cognitive functions...

ballygowan

To be honest, I think Ti is sometimes hard to understand and I'm not sure if I relate to it haha! But yeah, I think I'm Ne dominant, so that would make me either ENFP and ENTP, and out of those two, cognitive function-wise I think I'm ENTP.

Thanks a lot <3 I'm having lots of fun already, and I'm definitely happier now than I ever was in that relationship!

Cognitive functions are a sucky way of determining type. But they're fun for analyzing oneself after determining type.

"I usually want everyone to feel good, and if I'm working on a group projects, I talk to everyone to see how they feel about stuff and yeah. I just don't want anyone to feel left out." This is a Feeler statement, obviously. It doesn't imply Fi or Fe, just Feeling. People on this forum don't understand that there can be just Feeling without I or E.

"I usually do some quick thinking before I do something. I'm pretty spontaneous, but at the same time I don't want to do anything *too* stupid. And both are important, action and words." This statement as well as others are heavy on Perceiving, which means that the dominant function is either Sensing or Intuiting, especially given her obvious Extraversion.

"I get very excited about new ideas very easily. I don't really understand this question though haha, so I'm giving you a very vague answer: I try to understand the principles I guess." This statement implies Intuition, not Ni or Ne, just Intuition.

"I'm really bad at making decisions, I hate it. I like to keep my options open all the time in case something goes wrong." Perceiving.

"18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Everyday-type of things, like paying the bills etc etc. I know it's bad, and again, it's something I really need to work on."
Intuitives are not very interested in the mundane aspects of life.

"I really like to talk about basically anything! It's the quantity, not quality haha. So yeah, pretty much anything from make up to deep, philosophical conversations." Extraversion, with a touch of Intuition.

ENFP. Why was there any doubt?

Oh yes, Jungian cognitive functions...

What do you mean? The whole MBTI is pretty much based on cognitive functions. We aren't that simple and easy, and I think if we only type someone by some kind of assumptions ("you like sports, you're a sensor"), we get very shallow results. I guess we take different approaches to the MBTI, because I find cognitive functions very important, and I couldn't type someone or myself the way you did.

W

WALMART

I'll do some heavy lifting for a slice.

I don't disagree with ENFP. Do you often leap before you look? Do you like the act of leaping more than looking itself?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be honest, I think Ti is sometimes hard to understand and I'm not sure if I relate to it haha! But yeah, I think I'm Ne dominant, so that would make me either ENFP and ENTP, and out of those two, cognitive function-wise I think I'm ENTP.

What do you mean? The whole MBTI is pretty much based on cognitive functions. We aren't that simple and easy, and I think if we only type someone by some kind of assumptions ("you like sports, you're a sensor"), we get very shallow results. I guess we take different approaches to the MBTI, because I find cognitive functions very important, and I couldn't type someone or myself the way you did.

The MBTI has only been based on cognitive functions for about 20 years, whereas the MBTI itself has been around for about 70 years. Myers and Briggs did not create their test based on cognitive functions, but on a different set of criteria which include direct questions about Perceiving and Judging, as well as Introversion and Extraversion. The JCF method, on the other hand, assumes that P and J are derived indirectly, by a formula.

Using JCF to determine type has been, I have found over the years, more problematic and confusing for people.

"I talk to everyone to see how they feel about stuff and yeah. I just don't want anyone to feel left out."

ENFP.

Jaguar

Pick a type that would take the time to answer all those questions without questioning the questions. ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're absolutely a Perceiver... I would bet on Extraverted... and you sound quite Ne dominant.

My best guess would be ENTP, Enneagram 7w6. Why don't you relate to Fi and Te, out of curiosity?