• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Gut-Fix: 9 or 1?

S

Stansmith

The gut is a very diluted aspect of my personality, so I have a hard time deciding whether I'm more 1-ish or 9-ish. My Gut-fix is either 9w1 or 1w9.

My 1 traits

-I'm outspoken in class and give my opinion frequently. I pretty much feel obligated to express my views

-Im judgemental of people who lack class or tact, although I wouldn't express it directly. I might talk complain about classless people in general, but never a specific person who's in my presence unless they insult me first.

-I'm very hard on myself and tend to desire a sense of discipline or direction in my day-to-day life

-I have strong, almost excessive views when it comes to sadists and I'm not afraid to express it

-Self-improvement is very important to me

My 9 traits

-Im not good at assertively telling people they're fucking up or doing something wrong. I tend to just let things be

-I'm lazy

-My instinct is to move on when I sense conflict or a sh-t storm brewing because of something I said during a discussion. If someone attacks my opinion in a somewhat hostile manner, I either just chuckle and leave it alone, or I respond with a cooperative/persuasive tone. Something like "I see what you're saying, but..", I never match their level of hostility. I generally feel like some people take discussion and banter way too seriously. Or maybe I'm just a douchebag.

-If people are being sh-tty or doing something that violates my principles, I'll just leave or ignore it. It sucks to see bad sh-t happen, but I don't feel like it's my responsibility to do something about it. I don't like expending energy where I don't need to.

-I can't see myself ever voting for an election. I have a very "bleh" attitude to things that don't directly affect me. Even if they do affect me, I always assume I'll be able to adjust when the time comes.

Well shoot, I think I sound Nine as hell now that I read through this. You tell me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My 1 traits

-I'm outspoken in class and give my opinion frequently. I pretty much feel obligated to express my views

-Im judgemental of people who lack class or tact, although I wouldn't express it directly. I might talk complain about classless people in general, but never a specific person who's in my presence unless they insult me first.

-I'm very hard on myself and tend to desire a sense of discipline or direction in my day-to-day life

-I have strong, almost excessive views when it comes to sadists and I'm not afraid to express it

-Self-improvement is very important to me

I believe I'm a 9 (actually reading a lot about enneagram types at the moment), and I relate very strongly to all of these statements besides the second. Maybe you're still a 9 and those parts of you are due to something else? :shrug:

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't really tell based on the above. What you mention for 9 could indicate a 9-fix, or it could indicate your 9-connection.

1-fixers tend to have an undertone of something being "wrong" with the world and needing to fix it. Their minds go towards the "imperfections" and flaws, for which they seek redress. 9-fixers tend to have more of an "It's all good" attitude and are a bit better at rolling the world's problems off their backs.

Tell me, though, what's your stance on justice and morality?