• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my type? Questionnaire.

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm Christine, and I'm 16. I've been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, and OCD, and I'm on Lexapro. I've been through inpatient (psychiatric hospitalization) for suicidal thoughts. My psychologist thinks that I have hints of antisocial personality disorder and narcissistic personality disorder. Notable events in my life include: my mother getting colon cancer last January. I had to fly up to Montreal and the whole thing was just a wreck. My parents don't have the greatest relationship, so I'm often caught in the middle. I applied to an Oxbridge summer program, wasn't able to go, and had a complete crisis of confidence that I'm still getting over, and in early September of 2012, all those things combined, along with the pressure of returning to school, and I suffered a mental breakdown, and that's when I started getting treatment and was diagnosed.
My current state of mind is stressed because I need to take a practice SAT, and I hate standardized tests. I always sort of figured I could wing me SAT but...apparently not.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

INFP, ENFP, ISTJ, ESTJ, ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP

3. Click on this link:Flick: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.
9393115140_4de7c29e77_z.jpg
Quite pretty, actually. My mother works in transportation, and she really likes trains and such. I like the way the light reflects off the snow. It kind of reminds me of Anna Karenina, for some reason. I like how the town in the background is blurry, and the focus is on the train. I used to take photography, so I wonder what f-Stop they had the camera on to catch a moving train

9395654196_810b5b26ce.jpg
Absolutely stunning. I wonder where it is. I went to Scotland last summer, it kind of looks like that - just with more trees. Look at the sun, and the color green. It's sort of like something out of Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter. It seems magical, like something out of a fairytale or fantasy movie. The sun is setting, and look at the color of the sky - it's a gorgeous kind of grey-peach.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I would probably internally sigh, and become a little annoyed. But if they were talking about something I found interesting, I would discuss it with them as I tried to fix whatever it is I'm thinking. Or listen to them, and say 'that idea sounds good' but explain why it wouldn't work gently. Or I would listen to them absent minded, and nod whenever they looked at me.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Intelligence, Tact, Cleverness, Ambition, Loyalty, Imaginative. Respect. Trust.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
I suppose they good, if I go through a massive voyage of self discovery again. Really, a moving experience, I guess, that would make me think otherwise.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
I would be miffed, and internally be angry. I would think they're an idiot, and barbaric, and uncivilized. I would remain quiet, or say, 'Do you really think so?' with a cool raised eyebrow.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Reading, especially if it's a good book. Fencing, because I like to win. Writing, if I've written something I'm proud of. Traveling, going out with friends. Yoga, because it allows me to calm down and focus. Arguing, while in an argument.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Volunteering, because I really don't like it. Going to my psychologist's drains me emotionally. Tests at school. Having to talk to people I don't particularly have anything in common with. Going to parties where I don't know anyone. Arguing, you know the aftermath.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I think I'm a lot of both. I am quite quiet, reserved, and enjoy individual activities. I am a bit of a loner in that I'd rather do things myself. I like to stay home, and I don't like to go out much. Yet, I'm really in a good mood when I'm around people, especially people I get along with, because it makes me forget all my mental illnesses, my depression any my anxiety. I like discussing things with other people, being excited about things with them, relating to people. I also like to be in charge of people. One negative personality trait is that I'm quite manipulative. I can seem very friendly and charming, but I'm only using you.
That's where I like most of my friends and family don't know if I'm an introvert or extrovert. I like doing things on my own, but I like going out in the world and seeing things and doing things and like I said, can be quite charming (even though it's for personal gain)

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
Greatest strengths would include I stay calm in a crisis (if it doesn't involve me), I'm able to think clearly and make good decisions even when I'm emotionally unstable (i.e. choosing to go to inpatient). I can control people easily. I'm very clever. I'm quite resilient. I'm very determined and ambitious - I never take no for an answer. Weaknesses include I get lost in my own head a lot. I don't like to talk about my feelings with others, or admit that I'm feeling depressed. I'm indecisive when it comes to things that affect me. I'm very pessimistic. Sometimes I'm seen as too cold. I'm very judgmental of my peers. I'm hard to get to know.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Depends on the stressor, but I feel really overwhelmed. I'll stop what I'm doing, and kind of cry for a little. I'll take time to myself to gather everything, and form a plan on how to deal with whatever is stressing me. I do well under certain kinds of stress, but I do get stressed fairly easily.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
Anything that has to do with mental illness, like jokes or undermining it or whatever. I've been there, so I hate when people talk like that - especially suicide jokes, like 'I'd kill myself if so and so'. I mean, I know they're not serious, but it still gets to me.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

Probably all the weird fantasies in my head, like how I want my future to look, etc. A lot of it is really depressing and irrational, because I suffer from depression, haha. I get overwhelmed easily. I'm very negative in my mind, always criticizing myself and others.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I like feedback, though constructive criticism is not necessary in everything - like I don't want a friend trying to make me better at soccer when I'm just playing in the background with my friends. I used to be unable to handle constructive criticism, but now I know the only way to get better is to listen to it.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
I have a very weird personality. On one hand, I'm competitive, ambitious, assertive, manipulative, judgmental, go-getter, controlling, scheduled, all of that, but on the other, I'm quiet, idealistic, reserved, a dreamer, principled, always lost in my own thoughts.

I

Infinite Bubble

ISTJ or ESTJ seem very likely. I can't tell exactly right now, but Te-Fi is so evident that perhaps you're ESTJ. On the other hand, you seem to use Fi too much. Perhaps you are really an unhealthy INFP. Anyway, I'll give a vague breakdown of it. No way are you Fe-Ti though. Also, I'm very sure that your cognitive functions (in whatever order) are Si, Ne, Te and Fi. That makes your options ISTJ, ESTJ, INFP, ENFP.

Quite pretty, actually. My mother works in transportation, and she really likes trains and such. I like the way the light reflects off the snow. It kind of reminds me of Anna Karenina, for some reason. I like how the town in the background is blurry, and the focus is on the train.

Very Si. Sensory data created the association with your mother and Anna Karenina.

so I wonder what f-Stop they had the camera on to catch a moving train

Possibly an indicator of Te, but nothing too relevant here.

Absolutely stunning. I wonder where it is. I went to Scotland last summer, it kind of looks like that - just with more trees. Look at the sun, and the color green. It's sort of like something out of Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter. It seems magical, like something out of a fairytale or fantasy movie. The sun is setting, and look at the color of the sky - it's a gorgeous kind of grey-peach.

Probably Si again - sensory data lead you to automatically create associative recollections and impressions, based on stored data from the past. (Went to Scotland, LOTR, HP, "magical", "fantasy", "fairytale" etc.)

I would probably internally sigh, and become a little annoyed. But if they were talking about something I found interesting, I would discuss it with them as I tried to fix whatever it is I'm thinking. Or listen to them, and say 'that idea sounds good' but explain why it wouldn't work gently. Or I would listen to them absent minded, and nod whenever they looked at me.

Te. You would be annoyed because Te is about efficiency and what information is useful and relevant. Your friend would just be getting in the way for you. One main thing Te is about also is if an idea works or not, rather than interest in the idea in itself, which is more Ti.

I would be miffed, and internally be angry. I would think they're an idiot, and barbaric, and uncivilized. I would remain quiet, or say, 'Do you really think so?' with a cool raised eyebrow.

Very Fi.

I think I'm a lot of both. I am quite quiet, reserved, and enjoy individual activities. I am a bit of a loner in that I'd rather do things myself. I like to stay home, and I don't like to go out much. Yet, I'm really in a good mood when I'm around people, especially people I get along with, because it makes me forget all my mental illnesses, my depression any my anxiety. I like discussing things with other people, being excited about things with them, relating to people. I also like to be in charge of people. One negative personality trait is that I'm quite manipulative. I can seem very friendly and charming, but I'm only using you.
That's where I like most of my friends and family don't know if I'm an introvert or extrovert. I like doing things on my own, but I like going out in the world and seeing things and doing things and like I said, can be quite charming (even though it's for personal gain)

Perhaps you are an extrovert after all. Extroversion equates to an orientation towards the object (things in the world), and that doesn't have to mean people. You can be a social introvert, but a cognitive extrovert. I can't tell right now if you're showing true extroversion, or just like being around others because it allows you to take things off your mind*. Enjoying being in charge is your Te again.

*Type 3 disintegrated to 9 clear here, so obviously your Enneagram is correct. FWIW, Type 3 is correlated higly with ESTJs, along with other ETs.

I'm able to think clearly and make good decisions even when I'm emotionally unstable (i.e. choosing to go to inpatient).

Te detachment from personal feelings.

I can control people easily. I'm very clever. I'm quite resilient. I'm very determined and ambitious - I never take no for an answer.

Hints of Te in here.

I don't like to talk about my feelings with others, or admit that I'm feeling depressed.

Fi.

I'm indecisive when it comes to things that affect me.

My mother is like this, and she is an ISTJ.

Sometimes I'm seen as too cold. I'm very judgmental of my peers. I'm hard to get to know.

I guess this is sort of pointing towards Te-Fi and general introversion.

Depends on the stressor, but I feel really overwhelmed. I'll stop what I'm doing, and kind of cry for a little. I'll take time to myself to gather everything, and form a plan on how to deal with whatever is stressing me. I do well under certain kinds of stress, but I do get stressed fairly easily.

I can't really derive a decent estimate of your inferior. This is probably just because of what you're going through, rather than being function related.

I've been there, so I hate when people talk like that - especially suicide jokes, like 'I'd kill myself if so and so'. I mean, I know they're not serious, but it still gets to me.

This is Fi too.

I have a very weird personality. On one hand, I'm competitive, ambitious, assertive, manipulative, judgmental, go-getter, controlling, scheduled, all of that, but on the other, I'm quiet, idealistic, reserved, a dreamer, principled, always lost in my own thoughts.

This seems like describing Te and Fi. Perhaps you rapidly cycle between the two, due to your condition(s). Which one is more you, naturally, would you say? If you had to pick one?

After extra consideration, I would consider ESTJ most likely, followed by ISTJ. I think that you test as INFP because you are an unhealthy ESTJ, in the frequent grip of the inferior. Of course, the slight possibility remains that you are an INFP that appears to be an STJ because of the same reasons, but really, your Te is too high for that to be a more reasonable option.

S

Stansmith

What makes you think so? Personally, while I move through social situations with ease, I don't have an Fe bone in my body, I feel.

Scrap that. Looking through it again, I see Si-Ne (more Si) in the way you describe the pictures (drawing from past, subjective sensory experiences) and Te-Fi (focused more on efficiency and personal goals in social interaction). I don't see enough Ne open-ness, but definitely lots of Si. From most likely to least likely:

1) ISTJ
2) ENFP (strong tertiary + competency triad type, maybe a bit jaded)
3) INFP (Si-fi loop + 3 and 1 influence)
4) ESTJ (a depressed/damaged one)

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. I'll agree, I'm obviously Fi/Te. Like I said, there isn't really an Fe bone in my body. I agree I use Ne, and Si - especially when I'm reminded of things that sent me into my depression. Despite this, I actually have a pretty well developed Se. I love living in the moment, being spontaneous, despite liking structure. I'm very adventurous, and I feel most myself living in the moment. Really, everything is about how you feel in the moment - as long as you feel okay in that moment, nothing else matters.
As for Te vs Fi, I would say Te. Before I even was diagnosed with depression, I wasn't emotional whatsoever. I pushed emotions off like the plague - a sign, possibly, of inferior Fi that is now well developed.
ESTJ and ISTJ are interesting typings. I agree with them, to some extent, but I always sort of thought they were too serious? I like to have fun, I'm very imaginative and creative. They didn't seem particularly adventurous. I've never seen myself as much of a sensor, either. I have so much anxiety about the future, and possibilites, which I always saw as more N.
Also, I have a cousin who is the very definition of an ESTJ. We used to be close, but now, for whatever reason, she hates me. She rolls her eyes at me when I try to have fun, and thinks she's so much more mature and better than me or whatever.
I'm always trying to do something exciting to combat my depression - my main goal in life is to be happy, which is why I'm kind of thinking I actually could be 7w6 over 3w4.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Interesting. I'll agree, I'm obviously Fi/Te. Like I said, there isn't really an Fe bone in my body. I agree I use Ne, and Si - especially when I'm reminded of things that sent me into my depression. Despite this, I actually have a pretty well developed Se. I love living in the moment, being spontaneous, despite liking structure. I'm very adventurous, and I feel most myself living in the moment. Really, everything is about how you feel in the moment - as long as you feel okay in that moment, nothing else matters.
As for Te vs Fi, I would say Te. Before I even was diagnosed with depression, I wasn't emotional whatsoever. I pushed emotions off like the plague - a sign, possibly, of inferior Fi that is now well developed.
ESTJ and ISTJ are interesting typings. I agree with them, to some extent, but I always sort of thought they were too serious? I like to have fun, I'm very imaginative and creative. They didn't seem particularly adventurous. I've never seen myself as much of a sensor, either. I have so much anxiety about the future, and possibilites, which I always saw as more N.
Also, I have a cousin who is the very definition of an ESTJ. We used to be close, but now, for whatever reason, she hates me. She rolls her eyes at me when I try to have fun, and thinks she's so much more mature and better than me or whatever.
I'm always trying to do something exciting to combat my depression - my main goal in life is to be happy, which is why I'm kind of thinking I actually could be 7w6 over 3w4.

Don't get too caught up in those stereotypes. It's a broader system than you think - I'm sure there are many xSTJs that like to live fun and exciting lives - just built around their Si and Te functions.

I didn't read much, but judging by your description of the photos you seem like a preferred Se user. Ever look into ISFP?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
My first thought was ENTJ or INTJ, but you're hard to type. You value intelligence, ambition, respect, cleverness, loyality.
Have a look on the list you made which mbti types you score most. 5/7 are Ns and 5/7 are Ts. 4/7 are Is and again 4/7 are Js. So I guess your strongest letters are NT. I know this allows no clear statement but it kinda fits the text above.
Btw most people will say your an introvert because you don't like to go out and spend more time on individual activities, but you also said you have depressions. Maybe that's the reason, you said you feel better around other people because you can forget your worries. That could be a hint for extroversion.

I

Infinite Bubble

Despite this, I actually have a pretty well developed Se. I love living in the moment, being spontaneous, despite liking structure. I'm very adventurous, and I feel most myself living in the moment. Really, everything is about how you feel in the moment - as long as you feel okay in that moment, nothing else matters.

Hmm, well that's a bit confusing. It doesn't have to be Se, you know. Ne is presently orientated too, but still looking slightly ahead at the possibilies.

Have you always felt this way about living in the moment? Is that all you've ever cared about?

You can't be Ne > Si as that you make you Fi > Te, which I highly doubt. So the only logical conclusion is that it's tertiary Ne, used for relief. It could be Se, but I've yet to see any indicators for Ni.

Thanks, that makes it much clearer.

ESTJ and ISTJ are interesting typings. I agree with them, to some extent, but I always sort of thought they were too serious? I like to have fun, I'm very imaginative and creative. They didn't seem particularly adventurous. I've never seen myself as much of a sensor, either.

Like what's already been said, stereotypes. And there's an N bias people have because they think they're somehow better, so don't get caught up in that.

How, and in what ways, are you creative? And how often?

I have so much anxiety about the future, and possibilites,

That could well be inferior Ne (at least, lower Ne) there. In the inferior position, it is prone to seeing all the negative possibilities about the future. Do you get into states when this sort of thing happens?

At what time did you get along? Was it while you were healthier and before the problems began? Where you more serious before, and became less so afterwards?

I'm always trying to do something exciting to combat my depression

You don't make it sound as if it is a natural state; you are doing it because of depression, not who you actually are. I think if it was high Ne, you wouldn't have had a reason, it would just exist for its own sake.

my main goal in life is to be happy, which is why I'm kind of thinking I actually could be 7w6 over 3w4.

Everyone wants to be happy, it what will make you happy that is relevant. So, what will make you happy, do you think?

melisanddre

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't read much, but judging by your description of the photos you seem like a preferred Se user. Ever look into ISFP?
Yes, but I'm not as...gentle, I suppose, as the typical ISFP. I'm not really interested in helping others be happy. I'm more concerned about my own happiness.

My first thought was ENTJ or INTJ, but you're hard to type. You value intelligence, ambition, respect, cleverness, loyality.
I test as ENTJ a lot. The last MBTI I took was through collegeboard, that website that plans SAT and everything? It was actually really hard to discern the answers - you know, they ask you 'do you like things scheduled?' and you know they're looking at P/J. I tested ENTJ on that.

Have you always felt this way about living in the moment? Is that all you've ever cared about?
It's not all I've ever cared about, no. For so long, I was so focused on living in the future - future possibilities, etc. But I was always a dare-devil, going out of my way to have fun, and do the wildest and most dangerous things possible.

Like what's already been said, stereotypes. And there's an N bias people have because they think they're somehow better, so don't get caught up in that.

How, and in what ways, are you creative? And how often?

I know, I should know better. It's quite interesting, because my two best friends are ISFJ and INFJ, and the ISFJ is the most artistic person I've met, and the INFJ doesn't have a creative bone in her body. Myself, I'm a writer. I write every day, if I can. I have a way with words, I think, and I find it a marvelous form of self expression.

That could well be inferior Ne (at least, lower Ne) there. In the inferior position, it is prone to seeing all the negative possibilities about the future. Do you get into states when this sort of thing happens?
Oh yes. Because I'm so imaginative, I always see the negative outcomes of situations first. I'm incredibly pessimistic.

At what time did you get along? Was it while you were healthier and before the problems began? Where you more serious before, and became less so afterwards?
It was when I was mentally healthier. After I got through hospitalization, our grandmother died, and I had a massive burst of Fe out of no where - she wouldn't stop crying at the viewing, and I had to comfort her, but since then, she's acted cold to me. My level of seriousness hasn't changed. For example, we were having a massive family dinner, like 12 of us, and my younger cousin (INFP to a fault) and I were playing this game where we were trying to guess which playing card other people had. Of course, we were wrong all the time, and laughing about it, but she would just roll her eyes and make comments that she played off as funny but were actually really biting.

Everyone wants to be happy, it what will make you happy that is relevant. So, what will make you happy, do you think?
I don't know, and that's what terrifies me the most. I have no idea where I'm going in life, and that scares me so much.

Overall, I did relate to ESTJ's over ISTJ's, mostly because I can't see Si as my dom function, and Ne as my inferior. The only thing is it seems SJs are very focused on right and wrong, and I will do whatever it takes to get ahead (though it's negative), regardless if my actions are 'right' and 'wrong'.
Also, for PerC I made this video. Sorry the audio is shit and ignore the awkward still of my face:

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Pushing emotions off like the plague is a 3 trait. It's the center of the feeling triad, therefore it represses feeling.

However, this has nothing to do with the T/F scale, for example, whether you're more Te than Fe. After reading more of your posts, I find that you tend to think of these functions in terms of stereotypes, such as the idea that Fe is an "emotional" type. And then you imply that, since you're not very emotional, then you must be a Thinker. But this is a false argument. Fi-dom can also appear cold and unemotional, especially the INFP.

You say you're Fi/Te with well-developed Se. However, the only way to put that together into a type is to go with ISFP, a warm, gentle, spontaneous, and nature-loving type.