• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's settle this here and now!

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had some doubts about four that always revolve around the same couple of alternate types. I hope someone can help settle this; I'll try to be brief! :D

Along with both wings of 4, I've thought about 3w4, 6w7 (phobic) and 9w1.

Here are some questions I've answered:

Last edited:

I don't know. 469 tritype sounds plausible, I could go for 479 as well but the fraught relationship with authority does seem to point to 6. I can't pick out a core type for sure but I'd like to say that maybe you're just a colorful 9 just so that we don't all sound dull and boring? Haha.

I enjoyed reading your questionnaire though, you seem very personable. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know. 469 tritype sounds plausible, I could go for 479 as well but the fraught relationship with authority does seem to point to 6. I can't pick out a core type for sure but I'd like to say that maybe you're just a colorful 9 just so that we don't all sound dull and boring? Haha.
Yeah, 469 is probably right, whatever comes first. Something in there.

I enjoyed reading your questionnaire though, you seem very personable. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I was worried about how it would all come off! :D

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The main objections I have to each of the types listed are these. They might be misconceptions, so please do set them straight if they are!

Last edited:

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Not trying to say anything about your type and sorry for posting, but I am thinking a bit more about what it means to be a four. Maybe it's not always a conscious desire. I feel that there are two ways to be a four (in relation to being comfortable being an outlier). You can actively try to be unique or whatever because some just notice ways to do so by listening to music that other people don't have so you feel like you're "learning more" or you are not trying to be different... something just deep within you is saying that you don't agree with your environment. But I see your point, I am not sure if all 4 really strongly really really reallly wants to be different. They just know they are. Either way, I think it's a back and forth relationship; they like it and hate it.

Never mind, I don't know what I really wanted to say, but I'll just say this: I feel like I have a strange secret understanding of what you're saying about fours... that somehow still makes them fours lol. i need to shut up

How does four descriptions sound "almost offensive?"

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION]

It's cool. Your thoughts fit right in.

Anyway, "offensive" as in four descriptions get me feeling called out. Like I really, really hope they're not true, but the defensive twang they trigger inside may just indicate that they are. A lot of the material actually echoes advice and criticisms I've recieved from other people, so I hear those voices again in the descriptions of type fours and want to resist.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17945]Webslinger[/MENTION] what would be the one thing u would want to do with ur life or make career wise if there was nothing holding u back...if u could wave a magic wand right now and do what u've always wanted to do?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
what would be the one thing u would want to do with ur life or make career wise if there was nothing holding u back...if u could wave a magic wand right now and do what u've always wanted to do?
To be a well-disseminated humorist. The medium is unimportant. You could write "film", "novels", "journalism", "standup", "mime" and such on the sides of a magic die and decide it by a roll, and I'd be equally happy with any. That people laugh is the important thing.

To quickly be able to travel anywhere in time or space would be cool, too! How magic is this wand? :)

Thank you for stopping in!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=17945]Webslinger[/MENTION] I'm gonna say you are either a one with a wing of 9, or you have a wing of one.

Your personality seems to be more "stand out" - ish than a nine. And when I say that, I mean you seem to reveal yourself more than a nine, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything, and it's definately not a bad thing. ;)

I came to this conclusion, because when I type people, sometimes I decide by looking at your "inner soul child"

The inner soul child of a 1 is a 7.....another way to say that is that the direction you "grow" in is towards a 7.

When you see what people strive for or what their true desires are with out any inhibitions, it reveals your inner child.

You seem extremely moralistic, and at the same time it seems like you want to play and have a good time, and take in all of the wonderful things that life has to offer.

If I'm way off please let me know. I'd love to see if my theory has any sense to it. :)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=17945]Webslinger[/MENTION] I'm gonna say you are either a one with a wing of 9, or you have a wing of one.

Your personality seems to be more "stand out" - ish than a nine. And when I say that, I mean you seem to reveal yourself more than a nine, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything, and it's definately not a bad thing. ;)

I came to this conclusion, because when I type people, sometimes I decide by looking at your "inner soul child"

The inner soul child of a 1 is a 7.....another way to say that is that the direction you "grow" in is towards a 7.

When you see what people strive for or what their true desires are with out any inhibitions, it reveals your inner child.

You seem extremely moralistic, and at the same time it seems like you want to play and have a good time, and take in all of the wonderful things that life has to offer.

If I'm way off please let me know. I'd love to see if my theory has any sense to it. :)
That's a really interesting typing. Never, ever heard it before, and the 1 style actually grates on me a lot, but something resonates that is worth inspection. I wonder if 1w9 is compatible with ISFP, too. I've seen INFP 1's, but none of the S's. It's compatible with my ESI, though, for sure!

I once worked alongside a 1w2. She was very extraverted and very openly organized, while I'm only regimented inside my head: on my days off, I revert instantly to sleeping until noon. My co-worker took her service too seriously: god help everyone if she stopped smiling. I took my survival too seriously: I carried the security of my home on my back every day, rarely smiling but a lot more productive. We were coming from the same place inside ("This sucks, but I chose this, so I am bloody well going to BE the job."), but were too different in manner to ever be comfortable with each other.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ooooooooooh! It's about finally being able to do things for their own sake rather than in the service of some construct of how a human "ought to be"!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a really interesting typing. Never, ever heard it before, and the 1 style actually grates on me a lot, but something resonates that is worth inspection. I wonder if 1w9 is compatible with ISFP, too. I've seen INFP 1's, but none of the S's. It's compatible with my ESI, though, for sure!

I once worked alongside a 1w2. She was very extraverted and very openly organized, while I'm only regimented inside my head: on my days off, I revert instantly to sleeping until noon. My co-worker took her service too seriously: god help everyone if she stopped smiling. I took my survival too seriously: I carried the security of my home on my back every day, rarely smiling but a lot more productive. We were coming from the same place inside ("This sucks, but I chose this, so I am bloody well going to BE the job."), but were too different in manner to ever be comfortable with each other.

Also something I learned early on from another ENTJ on this forum was that...when you find your enneagram...it's usually the one that you hate. :dry: dammit.

I didn't feel that way about MY enneagram...but I did feel that about my damn WING! GAHH! Why me? lol

I am a 6w7...who thought they were a 6w5 forever...looking back, I was totally in denial. I dislike the vibes I got from my friends that were 7's and just thought that they don't care about people....when all along, I sometimes portray this to others as well....In the enneagram, my saying is we are what we hate. ha ha

Or what grates on us. lol as you put it.

Just something to keep in mind, and this one is explainable because shadows have a lot to do with enneagram. It's the core of who you are, so it's going to be an 'aha' kind of thing when you figure it out. If you don't have an 'aha' moment, assume ur a nine lmao...they meld so easily.

Edit: Also the four types that can really influence you is your core, your wing, your integration point, and your disintegration point. So there's a lot to choose from or sort through lol Don't give up :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also something I learned early on from another ENTJ on this forum was that...when you find your enneagram...it's usually the one that you hate. :dry: dammit.
If this were a rule, I would be an 8-2-4.
If you don't have an 'aha' moment, assume ur a nine lmao...they meld so easily.
This is pretty much the logic I and other people used in typing me. I think my most overwhelming characteristic is not being anything specific lol.

S

Stansmith

I get a very positive outlook triad vibe from you. You're probably:

1) 9w1 with a positive connection to 3

2) A very healthy 6w7

3) An introverted 7w6

You may not fit the personality-less vegetable stereotype people peg on 9s, but I get the sense that there's a deep desire to mesh with others and make people happy in a dreamy 9-ish way rather than an image-conscious way (like e2).

I also don't sense the sort of poetic, somber narrative in your answers that most e4 questionnaires have. Your answers are down to earth and straight to the point.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Final round of nigglers:

1: I am The Lord and Queen of procrastiators. Not too disciplined. Working enough to stay out of trouble and relaxing when there's no risk or hierarchy at play. Also, when I looked into 1's disintegration, a theme that stood out is that they begin to rigidly believe that they're right and enforce their convictions upon others. My moral shit is pretty scary fire and brimstone, but absolutely no one's business but my own, and boy do I doubt it. As I disintegrate, I trust myself less, building up a dizzying slurry of outer sources that I look to for answers. Finally, ISFP. How. But maybe I'm an N after all, as I committed to SFP over NFP mostly because SFP was more statistically likely and I didn't want to risk being That Guy who gets caught flaunting the numbers to be the rare one.

And that's it for those. Promise. Pinky swear.

This has come far with everybody's input! :D With the addition of outside research and discussion, I think I've narrowed it down to the 1-9 zone and phobic 6w7, almost definitely disintegrating to an image type. Thank youuu! :D

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think 9 is out. Three strikes. He has returned to the dugout. He has passed the dugout. He is leaving the park. He has just got on a bus. What a sport. I don't deal with things that way. :shrug:

Almost done. Which of the types is convinced from birth that they were born corrupt but tasked with setting themselves right? If anything could sum up all my word barf in this thread, it's that sticky myth...time to sleep on it.

This has become a type exploration blog............

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Final round of nigglers:

1: I am The Lord and Queen of procrastiators. Not too disciplined. Working enough to stay out of trouble and relaxing when there's no risk or hierarchy at play. Also, when I looked into 1's disintegration, a theme that stood out is that they begin to rigidly believe that they're right and enforce their convictions upon others. My moral shit is pretty scary fire and brimstone, but absolutely no one's business but my own, and boy do I doubt it. As I disintegrate, I trust myself less, building up a dizzying slurry of outer sources that I look to for answers. Finally, ISFP. How. But maybe I'm an N after all, as I committed to SFP over NFP mostly because SFP was more statistically likely and I didn't want to risk being That Guy who gets caught flaunting the numbers to be the rare one.

And that's it for those. Promise. Pinky swear.

This has come far with everybody's input! :D With the addition of outside research and discussion, I think I've narrowed it down to the 1-9 zone and phobic 6w7, almost definitely disintegrating to an image type. Thank youuu! :D

Just looking at this post alone. I'm betting you're not an ISFP. I have quite a lot of ISFP's in my life and they're more apt to put smileys in their posts...only if provoked.(Doesn't really mean much, but the point I'm making is that they effectively hide their emotions on purpose) They also don't reveal a lot about themselves. And ISFP's are usually 9's or 2's. So If you are an ISFP ur probably one of those enneagrams

I know at least 7 ISFP's off the top of my head...I'm literally surrounded. lol

I know 2 that are 2w1's, a 9w8, 3x 9w1's, and a 2w3

The only one of those people that are as expressive as you is the 2w3.

Just a thought ;)

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think 9 is out. Three strikes. He has returned to the dugout. He has passed the dugout. He is leaving the park. He has just got on a bus. What a sport. I don't deal with things that way. :shrug:

Almost done. Which of the types is convinced from birth that they were born corrupt but tasked with setting themselves right? If anything could sum up all my word barf in this thread, it's that sticky myth...time to sleep on it.

This has become a type exploration blog............

If you think you're born corrupt it's 1 or 9 lol

1's need perfection and strive for it in themselves and others

9's are neglected as children sometimes and think they're not worth anyone's time, so they hide in the background, and keep the peace.