• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP?

Azamaral

MBTI Type
ENFP
Okay so when I first read the Myers briggs and the personality types it instantly intrigued my curiosity. I would start to read about all the personality types, but it wasn't enough. I wanted to know my own. In fact, I have always had this identity seeking thing going on where I would constantly be researching about personalities and other methods to find out who I really was. So i took a test but I kept on getting INFP. Yet, I knew I wasn't introverted because I loved hanging out with people and I can be really high-energied but i do need time alone to think and reflect. my parents say I come off as introverted because of my quiet nature at home but i truly think that i am not. I just tend to think about things when i get home and at school i interact more but still am in my head thinking about just people, ideas, what people are really doing and all that awesome stuff. Theories fascinate me and catch my attention but its kinda just interesting to listen to and gain knowledge about it. People tell me i have these amazing ideas and often say " how the heck do you come up with those ideas" and i say "i really don't know, they come so fast i sometimes don't even realize what i am saying." I am drawn to artistic fields but there is also a side of me that wants to know more about the world, science, people ideas, and how we interact and why people do the things we do. i want to get to know people because people are SOOOOOO interesting! i used to think they were messages in a bottle because everyone has such a unique perspective on the world in general, yet at the same time there is a similar pattern through out us all which is kind of hard to explain but it so there. I guess, that where Myers briggs comes in. thats probably why we are so similar is how we function and how we take in information but we all take in information at different rates and such. sorry i got ahead of myself. anyway i am just really confused about my personality is all. i thought i was an ESFP once but then i was like well i don't really rebel against people outwardly but i do in my mind. To be even more clear about that i don't like to control others or when others control me but i do respect rules. i like the idea of being different and being a nonconformist though. i also don't have a problem with labels really because in my mind that just how some people organize their world even if some people think its just wrong. To me its more like i don't use labels but when people use labels it doest really bug me that much. If someone labeled me i would just be like well okay but i know who i am so if someone attaches a label to me i peel it off my band and keep walking forward. They don't know who i really am and in fact i am content with who i am. if someone calls me a hippie, hipster, or loser i am like well if you think that you can but i would rather focus on who i really am than focus on what you have to say about me. So do you guys think i am ENFP?

Other things
How i am like an ENFP
1. i dont care about how i dress. I used to go to school in unfitted pants and a huge t- shirt.i am most likely the girls to wear clothes inside-out. people began sending me their clothes and telling me to dress better... i was like -_- you people and your clothes!!!!!! i am really just to lazy to care about my appearance in the morning. i am more interested in what i will learn or i am just not really awake.
2.I have always had deep empathy for the outsiders and i know how it feels to be one sense i have always felt like one. I see myself actually more of a loner but i can talk to people really easily and can make friends very easily but at the end of the day i just want to be alone and do something by myself.
3.I tend to take care of people who are crying and have been hurt alot. i am just attracted to their sadness and want to help them.
4.I like art, music but when i start drawing or playing the piano my ideas start to change about what i want to while creating. so its like for instance i want to draw a bunny but it then turn out to be like a dinosaur or something more abstract. My ideas tend to build or come out of no where and inspire me to add something else to it.
5. Been told i am actually really intelligent. I never really thought of myself as smart and more of an original and creative and an individual. people just say i have this smart look to me or this serious look sometimes and it surprises them when i am not really all that serious and really happy. but i do have moments where i can become extremely intense and people are like whoa where did that come from. I am a dragon with cool scales but and an intense flame!
6.I look at so many different perspectives in my head. i try to understand how a person came to that conclusion and understand why they view it that way.
7. i view things as a spider web or something like that. things just connect and make sense especially when given meaning
7. i used a lot of analogies and strange metaphors and my friends look at me and say o_O woah thats deep but i don't even realize that i say them sometimes.. they just come out of know where. its like i picking out invisible thoughts just floating in mid air!!!!!!!!
8. i am extremely sociable but i need to be alone at times and process everything out. sometimes i feel my head might be going crazy if i overanalyze.
9. i have been told i am weird in a good way or goofy and silly.
10. people say i can be funny but i have more of a "dry wit" which i have no idea what that means -_- because to me i have an awkward and quirky sense of humor<<< :)
11.I am careful with my words actually because i am aware of the effects it can have on people.
12.Feel as if i can feel other peoples feelings at times or i can predict things that could happen later in the future. if i get a bad feeling and know something bad will happen and usually it does but its like i know what it will involve because bad things happen everyday....just suspecting something bad will happen and not having a clue on what is going to happen isn't very intuitive to me. for me i just know what it will involve and such. sometimes these things come in flashes or just feelings and its easy for me to decode.
13. For some people my room is a nightmare because of the mess. to me its a beautiful manifestation of what is going on in my head! so chaotically unified or unified chaotically! and yes the clothes do belong on the floor along with my homework, books, painting supplies scattered throughout my realm. if you don't see the floor its probably because i am always up in the clouds :p
But yeah there is more i just don't want to bore anyone :p

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First of all, welcome!

All of the letters (I vs. E, S vs. N) are on a spectrum. I'm an ENFP with no doubts about my E or P, but I'm pretty close for S/N and F/T. Did you happen to get percentages for each of your preferences when you took the test? That might help explain any ambiguity you feel.

Also, ENFPs definitely need lots of alone time to process all of the theories and ideas and feelings swirling around within us. In my experience, I experience life (especially social interactions or adventures) so intensely that I find I need time alone to work it all out and kind of meditate on it all. When I neglect that for too long, I start to feel kind of drained or directionless. Spider-web thinking, seeing all sides of situations, not adhering to nor being bothered about labels, and not being openly rebellious with actions (I would never want to hurt anyone or be aggressive with an act of rebellion, and I generally want to be liked by authority figures), but feeling the rebellion within myself are all things I really relate to. For example, I had very strict parents growing up who wanted me to stay home and made me feel guilty for always wanting to be with my friends. It was a major struggle for me between wanting to do right by my parents and wanting to go out exploring with all my friends. Since authenticity is so important to us, I think that turns these struggles into deep personal battles.

You also mentioned that you find it really easy to talk to different kinds of people and make friends, but still are most attracted to and identify yourself as a loner. This is SUPER relevant to me, and a lot of other ENFPs I believe. Also, people commenting on us saying things that are "so deep" and we are just trying to be a normal participant in a conversation, haha. I have friends from college who still joke with me about some of the questions I asked in class over the years. Like whooa where did that come from?

Either way, I think exploring personality types can be incredibly validating, liberating, enlightening, and fun! Glad to have you here!

Azamaral

MBTI Type
ENFP
no i don't really remember my percentages but it said i got like 80 introverted and 70 for intuitive or something and 70 for feeling and 90 for perceiving. i always kept getting INFP. i guess its because i was researching at that time i was feeling like i wanted to be alone and stuff. thanks for sharing your insight :) it helps when it comes from a person who is actually an ENFP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no i don't really remember my percentages but it said i got like 80 introverted and 70 for intuitive or something and 70 for feeling and 90 for perceiving. i always kept getting INFP. i guess its because i was researching at that time i was feeling like i wanted to be alone and stuff. thanks for sharing your insight :) it helps when it comes from a person who is actually an ENFP

Answering the test questions shouldn't have to rely on how you are feeling at the time you take the test.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, yes, you sound ENFP :)