1 12.50%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I change my mind about things it drives people nuts. I think it's because I sound like I'm always sure of what I think but they don't understand my convictions change based on how everything else changes,not me.

Yeah, everyday I wake up motivated and organize a list of things to do on my mind, but then I have an idea and spend hours researching about it and things stay undone unless I force myself do act. Then I do a bunch of things non-stop and at the same time, the weird thing is that multitasking in a rush usually works for me.

I get exhausted after, though

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    I think you're talking about Si?
    No idea, I've accepted the fact I always think I understand functions, but then I'm proved wrong.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    No idea, I've accepted the fact I always think I understand functions, but then I'm proved wrong.
    How about you go and read on that? That could be a hint for you

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

How about you go and read on that? That could be a hint for you
    I'll read on Si then. And then I'll come back to pester you

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

This is a quote from socionics.us about Ne as a leading function: "Someone with as their leading function is very dependent on his/her feelings of interest and disinterest. Interest and boredom seem to be the driving forces in such a person's life — more so than for any other types. Other types also find things 'interesting' and 'boring,' however, they are able to derive satisfaction and enjoyment from things that aren't necessarily interesting and novel, as opposed to types. Just as types can't make themselves do things that cause internal discomfort or are physically unpleasant, types can't make themselves do things that do not engage them mentally (do not give them anything interesting to think about)."

From what I've seen N types ask "why" a lot more.

Things need to be explained and understood rather than taken on face value.

Does it hold any truth?

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Interesting point about Se leading function discussing Ne.

I was recently at a socionics meet up, discussing my own type with the group organisers daughter who is a (by self, mother and others) ESFp. Socionics does not have the same bias towards N's and so S types are more appreciated for their practical qualities.

When discussing similarities and differences with Olga's daughter we hit upon new experiences. We both very much enjoyed trying local cuisines in new foreign lands. I explaind i really wanted to find the nature of a place, that i always found local places (rather than tourist) places more interesting, that i liked asking questions finding out about where the produce had come from, it's meaning in culture etc.

She then told me that she really didn't see what the point was. how did that extra information help me, what did it do?

I suppose i was quite surprised by this, not because i disagreed with her but because i had just not ever thought about it...not ever wandered what the point was... the process of research i find enriching in itself... i do not need an outcome. She really just enjoyed the experience of tasting the food, the texture, the newness, to say she had done it, she enjoyed taking her friends to these places too and liked the response she got from them...liked watching them during the experience...the faces they made, their excitement etc.

Maybe thats a difference between Se and Ne there. Se wanders what the point is... if there is an actual practical use to having this info...a reason for asking. I think she felt by directing attention away from the immediate you were detracting from it's importance. I can understand it a lot better for that conversation.

/ramble
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

^These two posts are very similar. @Dancing_Queen what that paragraph is describing is not Ne, but a practical consequence of Ne, which is the interest/boredom dichotomy. Of course is Ne's goal is to build that bigger puzzle where everything makes sense and is related, if an Ne-dom is walking around and does not find input, then he gets bored because his dominant function is turned off.
    Much the same @HelenOfTroy I don't want to speak for you, but I guess yours (or at least my) interest in foreign things is ultimately to enlarge that bigger picture which is your notion of the world (Ne puzzle). You were apparently not aware of this in the beginning and the Se-dom did not understand it.

Infinite Bubble

What is your behavior and thoughts like when you are under stress? What things cause the greatest stress for you?

I wouldn't rule out ENFP yet. You seem to have Si.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    Interesting point about Se leading function discussing Ne.

I was recently at a socionics meet up, discussing my own type with the group organisers daughter who is a (by self, mother and others) ESFp. Socionics does not have the same bias towards N's and so S types are more appreciated for their practical qualities.

When discussing similarities and differences with Olga's daughter we hit upon new experiences. We both very much enjoyed trying local cuisines in new foreign lands. I explaind i really wanted to find the nature of a place, that i always found local places (rather than tourist) places more interesting, that i liked asking questions finding out about where the produce had come from, it's meaning in culture etc.

She then told me that she really didn't see what the point was. how did that extra information help me, what did it do?

I suppose i was quite surprised by this, not because i disagreed with her but because i had just not ever thought about it...not ever wandered what the point was... the process of research i find enriching in itself... i do not need an outcome. She really just enjoyed the experience of tasting the food, the texture, the newness, to say she had done it, she enjoyed taking her friends to these places too and liked the response she got from them...liked watching them during the experience...the faces they made, their excitement etc.

Maybe thats a difference between Se and Ne there. Se wanders what the point is... if there is an actual practical use to having this info...a reason for asking. I think she felt by directing attention away from the immediate you were detracting from it's importance. I can understand it a lot better for that conversation.

/ramble
    I can't possibily be ESFP then. The way you describe your thirst for the culture it's exactly how I feel and why I prefer travelling on my own.

I xould never enjoy a tourist trip, I need do merge with local people, learn about their traditions and world views, learn their language if possible. That's how I've always felt, since I was about 6 years old, my mom always thought I'd be an anthropologist or something like that.

I don't experience things for sensations, my real pleasure it's to perceive how the process changes me and impacts my convictions about life and the world.

As I said, I wish I could just let go and live for the moment, it seems to be a much simpler kind of existence. But then again I doubt I'd be satisfied with it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

^These two posts are very similar. @Dancing_Queen what that paragraph is describing is not Ne, but a practical consequence of Ne, which is the interest/boredom dichotomy. Of course is Ne's goal is to build that bigger puzzle where everything makes sense and is related, if an Ne-dom is walking around and does not find input, then he gets bored because his dominant function is turned off.
    Much the same @HelenOfTroy I don't want to speak for you, but I guess yours (or at least my) interest in foreign things is ultimately to enlarge that bigger picture which is your notion of the world (Ne puzzle). You were apparently not aware of this in the beginning and the Se-dom did not understand it.
    I didn't read your post before answearing to @HelenOfTroy, but that's just how I feel.