• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type could I be?

GrimThird

Hey. So, looking for some assistance in determining a type for myself. I've dipped into various type systems a few times, always in a sort of fervor, to try to establish some reference points
for self understanding. So, here goes.

I'm probably some perceiving type, though i can't conclusively say.
I would say i'm an introvert in both the colloquial meaning and the Jungian sense.
I'm more aware of what's going on in my head than around me, tending to pursue related ideas and imaginings in my head, kind of like following a stream of thoughts,
and then suddenly realize that I stopped listening(This is more in terms of lectures). I tend to think of possibilities, or picture a concept. (I think I am more intuitive
than sensing.)

Socially, i'm quiet, reserved, detached, and maybe a bit bored.
If with close friends and the conversation has died down, I can do some quick mental scanning to find something to talk about, maybe reigniting the conversation. I have a tendency
to only really get into a conversation with something that grabs my interest(maybe something i've researched, been reading about, areas of personal experience, areas where I feel confident),
and otherwise i try to behave politely, though I probably appear more inattentive. I'm generally not very good at identifying how people feel about me, and I think that shows up with strangers, where I
behave quite cautiously, but with people closer to me, I can be a bit silly and screen my behavior less, though not a total 180. Friends and family would probably describe me as quite
sarcastic and maybe a bit witty.

I tend not to be very energetic, even lazy, quite a bit of the time, though I can become pretty energized when actually in the midst of working or accomplishing something, with a kind of driving energy.
Pretty unemotional for the most part.

Most of the time, i'm gathering information on topics of interest, or on a specific topic, in a flurry. I can binge on some topic, or try to take a task from start to completion, maybe leaving it for a while,
forgetting about it and then not have the energy to start again. I can be lazy about starting new projects, though having collected materials and making preparations(I try to save
"good" information. I have a ton of bookmarks on topics that I would like to explore, sorted by subject) . I can leave something sitting for weeks, but with a bout of inspiration,
try to take it to completion in a few days. I actually have a hard time getting motivated enough for a lot of things(a common complaint, i'm sure). The topics are generally
math/science based stuff, as I feel a need to sharpen my understanding, as well as computer science/engineering, cooking, fitness, productivity, etc. These tend to fit with my general
goal of being more knowledgeable, being able to understand more about the world and being skilled in different areas.(NT or NT wannabe maybe)

Here are some questions from another forum, that may provide some assistance.
What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is awareness of clockwork. Love is valuing beyond a conscious process.

What are your most important values?
Being knowledegable.
Being humble.
Being skillful.
Being capable.
Being kind.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Subscribed to hinduism before I knew better. Tending toward agnostic as my knowledge grew. Currently view religions in terms of interesting repositories of cultures and ideas.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
As long as there are differing opinions, limited resources, and fear, war and militaries will exist. Power is capability, holding everything in check.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Philosophical topics, systems of ideas, self-improvement, differentiation of opinions, video game design, plot(game/movie/book), lore and history(really enjoy exploring the background and systems that make up a world).

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
No. More interested in finding and using a source of information, not actively discussing. Don't really focus ony my body.

What do you think of daily chores?
Put them off as long as possible until the need is dire.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.:
Mistborn Series, the cabin in the woods, Yojimbo, The man from earth, the man from nowhere, ip man.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Can't remember the last time I cried. 10+ years.
Stupid but meta jokes that no one laughs at.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
A nice library.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Inexpressive, unambitious, lack of willpower and decisiveness.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Intelligent, witty(people say, not sure of it myself), ability to do well, work when needed.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
Knowing what others think, being less doubtful, experiencing more.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.:
Yes. Total lack of motivation, with 1000 things offering potential. In reaction, try to go out, get inspired. See new movies, read interesting books, get away from the familiar.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people?
Dislike arrogance, boastfulness, making fun of others. Like a sense of fun, humor, maybe spontaneity.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sounds like you're INTP to me. Imagining possibilities and the "stream of thought" is very extroverted intuition, being polite but not really understanding the feelings of others sounds like inferior Fe to me. Your focus being science/math is typically (though not always) associated with Thinking types - and have you really not cried in over ten years? Yeesh. I don't really have a lot of experience as to what Ti looks like, and none on what it feels like, so I can't say much more there. Erm. Low energy and the lack of focus on health/body as well as your bookmarks being sorted by subject sounds like tertiary Si, it sounds very similar to the way I experience my (rather underdeveloped) sensing function.

How old are you, if you don't mind answering?

GrimThird

Sounds like you're INTP to me. Imagining possibilities and the "stream of thought" is very extroverted intuition, being polite but not really understanding the feelings of others sounds like inferior Fe to me. Your focus being science/math is typically (though not always) associated with Thinking types - and have you really not cried in over ten years? Yeesh. I don't really have a lot of experience as to what Ti looks like, and none on what it feels like, so I can't say much more there. Erm. Low energy and the lack of focus on health/body as well as your bookmarks being sorted by subject sounds like tertiary Si, it sounds very similar to the way I experience my (rather underdeveloped) sensing function.

How old are you, if you don't mind answering?

Thanks for your feedback. And i'm currently 25.