• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Headfix

S

Stansmith

Give me some question's to work with, I can't decide between 6w7 or 7w6. How do those individual types manifest within your tritype when they're not you're primary type?

S

Stansmith

7w6

-I can relate to 7 narcissism

-I can hop from group to group without shame if I want to. I can pick up and leave without a care for the people in my past; I'm focused on the present environment/situation I'm in.

-I'm a lone ranger, but I do have a few people that I can fall back on

-I get really excited about something new, like a new par of Jodans, and anticipate it like crazy, and then be unsatisfied with it after 2 days and feel like looking for my next "fix".

-I'm materialistic and spend beyond set limits, although usually I'll think "should I?", and then do it anyway if I have the money for it. If I get yelled at or punished, I usually just think "hey, they can't yell at/punish me forever, in the end, I got the shoes I wanted", I'll usually be straight up about how much money I spent to get it over with.

-I'd rather be a visitor of various groups than a full on member of one.

-I tend to tune out problems that have no direct effect on my future or my So/Sx desires. Forgot to pay a phone bill? *raspberries* I'll sort that out later. My mom panics about every little chore, deadline or duty in comparison. I panic when an assignment is due, I'm late for the deadline for a trip I'm looking forward to, don't know what to wear, etc.

-I leave essays and major assignments to the last minute. If an assignments due the next day, I'll usually spend 3-4 hours after school is over watching tv, playing video games and other pointless activities, and then the anxiety creeps in and I get to work. It's like I want to squeeze the most entertainment of my day before I slave behind my textbooks.

-Whenever I visit family in my parents' country, I nag my cousins to take me to do something new everyday. Can't say I'm that direct in everyday life however.

6w7

-I can be a lingerer when unhealthy or insecure. If I'm feeling down, I'll just go to the group I normally hang with and don't have the energy to pick up and leave when bored. If it's too much, I go home.

-anxiety makes me very hesitant in some social situations

-If I won a vacation to Paris, I would be excited, and then ask a bunch of questions about the specifics

-I'll think of something fun to do, and then not pursue it

-I have a tendency to interpret things negatively first, and then flip it around.

-I can get fixated on things and would describe myself as an occasional hypochondriac.

-I google everything, constantly.

-Sometimes experience anhedonia

-I need to be sure of things

Tomb1

6w7 fixers get more disempowered by others not sharing their beliefs and viewpoints. 7w6 fixers don't.

S

Stansmith

6w7 fixers feel more disempowered by others not sharing their beliefs and viewpoints. 7w6 fixers don't.

If people don't agree with me I just chuckle and don't feel much. If my opinion is consistently sh-t on or every single person is being annoyingly ignorant, I'll get frustrated.

Tomb1

All right, a couple more nuggets...6w7 fixers usually have higher recall/grasp/absorption for the consistencies between people and/or different schools of thought...they have more limits as to their thinking so therefore are more cognitively structured and organized...7w6 fixers have less limits as to their thinking so therefore are more cognitively expansive, versatile, and visionary

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Here's the easiest way to differentiate between 7w6 and 6w7:

6w7's believe that things are probably going to go to hell, but they also see how things could go right as well. On the other hand, the 7w6's generally believe that things are going to go right, but also see how things could go to hell. 6w7's also generally don't have much self confidence right off the bat. The 6w7's confidence is generally like a glass that to begin with, is empty but can be filled with confidence if they do things that build up their self esteem. On the other hand, 7w6's tend to naturally be confident and to naturally assume that they're the shit. They are more like a glass that starts off completely filled up and have to have negative things happen to them in their life, to lower their self esteem.

S

Stansmith

Here's the easiest way to differentiate between 7w6 and 6w7:

6w7's believe that things are probably going to go to hell, but they also see how things could go right as well. On the other hand, the 7w6's generally believe that things are going to go right, but also see how things could go to hell. 6w7's also generally don't have much self confidence right off the bat. The 6w7's confidence is generally like a glass that to begin with, is empty but can be filled with confidence if they do things that build up their self esteem. On the other hand, 7w6's tend to naturally be confident and to naturally assume that they're the shit. They are more like a glass that starts off completely filled up and have to have negative things happen to them in their life, to lower their self esteem.

I generally start off believing things are gonna be great. I thought College would be amazing, I genuinely believe I'm gonna be a success career-wise, and whatever new hobby or project I pick up is going to be amazing. When my expectations aren't met, I then become cynical, bored or numb for a period.

I have anxiety, but I always assume great things at the beginning.

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

The information you have related seems to indicate a 6-fix over a 7-fix. In general, the 6-fix is geared toward finding problems, seeing holes, and wanting certainty in what they undertake. Speaking as a 6-fixer myself, when something bugs me, it's really really hard for me to get my mind off it. I hash and rehash, trying to think of all possible variables so that I can best prepare for literally everything. Gotta cover all the bases. Other head fixes don't think this way.

A 7-fixer is more likely to want to take their minds off all that. Their way of "thinking ahead" revolves around something positive happening--they're focused on positive outcomes and potentials. They're constantly "planning". They reframe negative outcomes into positive ones, and this is not necessarily a conscious process.

What you've related regarding 7 has more to do with being a Perceiver, and possibly other components of your personality, rather than anything specific to type 7--I can identify with most of what you've written myself, and I am most certainly not 7-fixed. What you've related about 6, however, is far more in line with the issues central to that type, including several of the things I've already touched upon. So, I rule you a 6w7 fixer.

What's your primary type, btw?

S

Stansmith

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION]

The information you have related seems to indicate a 6-fix over a 7-fix. In general, the 6-fix is geared toward finding problems, seeing holes, and wanting certainty in what they undertake. Speaking as a 6-fixer myself, when something bugs me, it's really really hard for me to get my mind off it. I hash and rehash, trying to think of all possible variables so that I can best prepare for literally everything. Gotta cover all the bases. Other head fixes don't think this way.

A 7-fixer is more likely to want to take their minds off all that. Their way of "thinking ahead" revolves around something positive happening--they're focused on positive outcomes and potentials. They're constantly "planning". They reframe negative outcomes into positive ones, and this is not necessarily a conscious process.

What you've related regarding 7 has more to do with being a Perceiver, and possibly other components of your personality, rather than anything specific to type 7--I can identify with most of what you've written myself, and I am most certainly not 7-fixed. What you've related about 6, however, is far more in line with the issues central to that type, including several of the things I've already touched upon. So, I rule you a 6w7 fixer.

What's your primary type, btw?

I actually just realized I'm a core 6w7.