• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone think I'm an ISFJ?

Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

• Total voters

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Copying Poimandres' ISTP thread:

Does anyone (besides [MENTION=16405]Kamishi[/MENTION]) think I am an ISFJ? Post here if you think so, and if you don't, argue with the ones who do. (For the record, I don't.)

Just 'cause I'm bored and there's a thread saying this forum is boring- so have at it! :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, because you aren't 'predictably stable' in the slightest.
People who call you an ISFx I think see you as being simple-minded and emotionally volatile.
Frankly, you can come across that way (and I can come across similarly to people as well, except for the emotions part in substitute for reasoning).
My grandma is supposedly an ISFJ, and she gets really freaked out by things that are unexpected and just seem too dang strange.
You, on the other hand, are (in my opinion) one of the most mentally bright individuals I know, not so much in a rationalistic sense, but more in your intense focus on the creation.
That being said, I just don't think ISFJ works, and even if it has vague fittings for you here and there, it has way too many boundaries that you break.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know you well enough to have any certainty about your type, but ISTJ actually crossed my mind once. Just from incidental observations it doesn't seem like you get offended easily at all. There is something that does seem consistent about you, but perhaps something else that isn't. When you mentioned that you can remember every detail of your home and where everything you own is, that does seem related to Si, but it could be something else. I haven't known INTPs or INFJs to have mastery over their belongings, but rather they have different ways in which their belongings are on the edge of being out of control. Most of the IN types attempt to exert control over their concrete domain, but tend to experience numerous failures in these attempts by losing things, hoarding things into random piles of confusion, organizing belonging only to have the disarray overpower the plan, throwing everything away and then regretting it, etc. Probably NTJs are the least out of control with "stuff".

I think it is difficult to know what type you are because you also have a connection to the intangible in a unique way. I'd be curious again to hear what types you have considered. I seem to remember INTP which resulted in some sort of upheaval, and then I've read INFJ on your profile. Somehow ISFJ doesn't feel quite like the right fit because you don't seem that sensitive to remarks by people.

You know, ISTP has quite a range of people who type as that. Both of their function pairs are the same as INFJ, just swapped, and there is a correlation to INTP as well, so I wonder if you could be an ISTP with strong Ni? Like in a Dom/Tert loop of Ti-Ni?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know, ISTP has quite a range of people who type as that. Both of their function pairs are the same as INFJ, just swapped, and there is a correlation to INTP as well, so I wonder if you could be an ISTP with strong Ni? Like in a Dom/Tert loop of Ti-Ni?

She isn't practical or mechanical enough.

W

WALMART

I doubt any kind of Se user. Ne sounds more accurate. I still think Fi.

NFP.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still think INFJ.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I doubt seriously that you are an ISFJ. If this post. is representative, you are more interested in theory, concepts, values and stuff like that.

You seem like some sort of introverted intuitive. If I had to guess, I would probably say INFP though INFJ might be a possibility.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good observations, thanks.
I don't know you well enough to have any certainty about your type, but ISTJ actually crossed my mind once. Just from incidental observations it doesn't seem like you get offended easily at all. There is something that does seem consistent about you, but perhaps something else that isn't. When you mentioned that you can remember every detail of your home and where everything you own is, that does seem related to Si, but it could be something else. I haven't known INTPs or INFJs to have mastery over their belongings, but rather they have different ways in which their belongings are on the edge of being out of control. Most of the IN types attempt to exert control over their concrete domain, but tend to experience numerous failures in these attempts by losing things, hoarding things into random piles of confusion, organizing belonging only to have the disarray overpower the plan, throwing everything away and then regretting it, etc. Probably NTJs are the least out of control with "stuff".
About that, maybe I said it too literally; I have a couple of piles of papers, and I do misplace things occasionally, but I usually know the general vicinity of things and I can find them in a short amount of time.
I think it is difficult to know what type you are because you also have a connection to the intangible in a unique way. I'd be curious again to hear what types you have considered. I seem to remember INTP which resulted in some sort of upheaval, and then I've read INFJ on your profile. Somehow ISFJ doesn't feel quite like the right fit because you don't seem that sensitive to remarks by people.
Haha; "upheaval"- that's a nice word. I'll have to remember it for its PC quality. Almost as nice as "kerfuffle."

Yeah, I think whatever type I am it's obvious I'm not a typical one. So maybe the question is what type am I the least unlike. It's possible I'm INFP whose Fi really looks like Fe, and who is not sensitive. Or it's possible I'm INFJ whose Se looks a lot like Si.
As for my opinion, I'm pretty confident I don't use Se- but then I'm equally confident I don't use Fi. So that would make me NTP or SFJ (and I don't believe I'm SFJ, so there you have it). So if those are not the case, something is amiss with my understanding of the functions. Interesting thought though. I think it's more likely I'm INFP than ISFJ, as I relate to inferior Te somewhat. In order of inferior function likelihood imo: Fe, Te/Si, Se. I really don't "catastrophize," as inferior Ne is said to do. My mom does, so I know what it looks like. She and I are nothing alike in that regard.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I think that you are a fairy and fairies don't have types. They have wings. If you're not a fairy, I'm going to be really disappointed:)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that you are a fairy and fairies don't have types. They have wings. If you're not a fairy, I'm going to be really disappointed:)

:D

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, probably not.

You don't think he's INFJ? Maybe that's just my sneaking suspicion........

Though you've never struck me as ISFJ, ftr.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't think he's INFJ? Maybe that's just my sneaking suspicion........

Though you've never struck me as ISFJ, ftr.
I dunno. Some kind of FJ I think is accurate for him. I was agreeing that we will probably never know our true types.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good observations, thanks.

About that, maybe I said it too literally; I have a couple of piles of papers, and I do misplace things occasionally, but I usually know the general vicinity of things and I can find them in a short amount of time.

Haha; "upheaval"- that's a nice word. I'll have to remember it for its PC quality. Almost as nice as "kerfuffle."

Yeah, I think whatever type I am it's obvious I'm not a typical one. So maybe the question is what type am I the least unlike. It's possible I'm INFP whose Fi really looks like Fe, and who is not sensitive. Or it's possible I'm INFJ whose Se looks a lot like Si.

As for my opinion, I'm pretty confident I don't use Se- but then I'm equally confident I don't use Fi. So that would make me NTP or SFJ (and I don't believe I'm SFJ, so there you have it). So if those are not the case, something is amiss with my understanding of the functions. Interesting thought though. I think it's more likely I'm INFP than ISFJ, as I relate to inferior Te somewhat. In order of inferior function likelihood imo: Fe, Te/Si, Se. I really don't "catastrophize," as inferior Ne is said to do. My mom does, so I know what it looks like. She and I are nothing alike in that regard.

This post screams Ne to me.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not ISFJ at all, not Fi at all. (Cognitive function tests are fallible, but not to the extent that Fi would be last in an NFP's results.) My vote is for ENTP.

Ne dominance paired with SP dominance seems odd, as does extroversion in an E9. Maybe that's why you've been difficult to type.