• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone think I'm an ISFJ?

Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No INTP would do such a thing!

It's just buried in all that analysis which sometimes makes my head dizzy.

Si-dom has an interest in worldly yet mythological constructs: fairies, hobbits, wizards, dragons, and Gaia, for example. So as far as that goes, for a person with a username like 'greenfairy,' ISFJ is a plausible idea.

The ones I know don't have any interest whatsoever in any of those things. In fact, they have a distinct dislike for them.

You have to be individuated before you can have a dominant function. What makes you think you're individuated enough to have a dominant function?

I guess anything is possible, but the simplest answer is often the right one.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe. But it's also true that there are only 3 who are participating, which is hardly a representative sample.

So what, I'm just supposed to assume I use Fi and inferior Te and just forget about logic and reasoning? I'm becoming more open to the idea, but I'm not yet convinced.

I miss the day when people would call on [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] for help with this issues.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

The ones I know don't have any interest whatsoever in any of those things. In fact, they have a distinct dislike for them.

I guess anything is possible, but the simplest answer is often the right one.

Fe is her auxiliary function. How's that for a simple answer?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Those are only examples. Anyway, they don't exactly advertise these things.

Edit - mind you, Si-dom doesn't perceive things the same way as Si-aux.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what, I'm just supposed to assume I use Fi and inferior Te and just forget about logic and reasoning? I'm becoming more open to the idea, but I'm not yet convinced.

Who says an INFP forgets logic or reason? I don't see that at all. Think of [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] who makes some of the most thoughtful posts on the forum.

How about an ENFP that got straight As through high school and college, a full scholarship to one of the best medical schools in the country and is now a doctor. Do you think you can do without logic and reasoning. She's very logical. Is that unusual because her Te is only tertiary? Has nothing to do with it. Does she do that hippity hoppity thing when writing and talking? Absolutely.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Those are only examples. Anyway, they don't exactly advertise these things.

Edit - mind you, Si-dom doesn't perceive things the same way as Si-aux.

I was referring to ISFJs. Not people with Si-aux.

Fe is her auxiliary function. How's that for a simple answer?

I don't think we're communicating effectively at all.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was referring to ISFJs. Not people with Si-aux.

I don't think we're communicating effectively at all.

We're not communicating AFFectively either. And that's a good thing!

Inside the head of the ISFJ, therein lies a rather strange world. My ISFJ father, however, didn't show any particular interest in fairies, goblins, and elves. However, as Jung wrote about the SI-dom, "It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas."

W

WALMART

"It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas."

Straight from the introduction of introverted sensation by Jung.

Edit: Oh, I was beat to it. Well, I shall still express my love for the function. Considering a swap, to ESTJ.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who says an INFP forgets logic or reason? I don't see that at all. Think of [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] who makes some of the most thoughtful posts on the forum.

How about an ENFP that got straight As through high school and college, a full scholarship to one of the best medical schools in the country and is now a doctor. Do you think you can do without logic and reasoning. She's very logical. Is that unusual because her Te is only tertiary? Has nothing to do with it. Does she do that hippity hoppity thing when writing and talking? Absolutely.
I was being sarcastic- she seems to suggest I should forget about trying to understand and question everything and just believe I'm INFP and be done with it. Presumably because an INFP would be ok with doing such a thing. (?)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas."

Straight from the introduction of introverted sensation by Jung.

Edit: Oh, I was beat to it. Well, I shall still express my love for the function. Considering a swap, to ESTJ.

Maybe you should have substituted this quote instead -
"Actually he moves in a mythological world, where men animals, railways, houses, rivers, and mountains appear partly as benevolent deities and partly as malevolent demons. That thus they appear to him never enters his mind, although their effect upon his judgments and acts
bear no other interpretation."

On the outside, most ISxJs appear quite normal.

W

WALMART

I was being sarcastic- she seems to suggest I should forget about trying to understand and question everything and just believe I'm INFP and be done with it. Presumably because an INFP would be ok with doing such a thing. (?)

You should go with ISFJ.

Jung states something about Si and generating perceptions as a million year old consciousness would.

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN, TYPOLOGISTS. Jung has been completely neutered in the name of sensationalism.

Maybe you should have substituted this quote instead -
"Actually he moves in a mythological world, where men animals, railways, houses, rivers, and mountains appear partly as benevolent deities and partly as malevolent demons. That thus they appear to him never enters his mind, although their effect upon his judgments and acts
bear no other interpretation."

On the outside, most ISxJs appear quite normal.

The more I read, the more I understand I know nothing of Si. I seriously need to evaluate this in relation to myself. Maybe Ti is wrong...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're not communicating AFFectively either. And that's a good thing!

Inside the head of the ISFJ, therein lies a rather strange world. My ISFJ father, however, didn't show any particular interest in fairies, goblins, and elves. However, as Jung wrote about the SI-dom, "It is concerned with presuppositions, or dispositions of the collective unconscious, with mythological images, with primal possibilities of ideas."

You're focusing on theory. I'm focusing on how a person communicates. Let's look at an example. What functions do you think this writing demonstrates?

In the pre-dawn darkness, my three daughters and I huddled together in the cold mountain air. At an elevation of ten thousand feet, the wind was fierce and felt like it went right through us. We’d been warned about the frigid weather up here but still shivered in our fleece jackets and woolen hats. “Just imagine you’re somewhere warm,”
I said to them. “Like Hawaii. Oh wait. We ARE in Hawaii!” I laughed at my own joke. They didn’t. A park ranger intoned ancient Hawaiian chants as the sun slowly rose over Mount Haleakala. The guidebook had described watching this sunrise as “spiritual” and life-changing”. I guess it should have been a magical moment but was too distracted by my chattering teeth to fully enjoy it. A few minutes later we retreated to the comfort of our rental car, thankful for the blast of warm air blowing on our frozen faces.
About an hour later, we were shedding our jackets and enjoying hot tea and crepes in the sun-filled courtyard of a cute café . We marveled over the now-perfect weather and talked about how we couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel to soak in the hot tub. (My husband was still there, snuggled cozily in bed. Rising at three in the morning to watch the sunrise wasn’t quite his idea of vacation fun.) As I looked at my daughters gathered around the table, it occurred to me that this was the first trip we had taken together where they were all now, unbelievably, adults - and that this might be one of our last family vacations that wouldn’t include son-in-laws or grandchildren. Not that I wouldn’t welcome them, but I was savoring having these wonderful girls all to myself on this beautiful island. And it dawned on me that maybe this was the magical moment I’d been looking for up on that mountain.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should go with ISFJ.

So two for ISFJ, and the rest say no. I will let you discuss it among yourselves if I am to go with a majority vote. Interesting stuff about Si though. Sounds kind of familiar.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm not caught up but my god jennifer you're funny.

sifting through a bowl of goulash hahaha i love it.

and i still think maybe intj

just because i get a sense of how people write and i can tell nfps and ntps almost instantly and she doesn't fit...then i think of some of the most frustrating threads i've participated in where people were asking for advice and arguing points from angles that made no sense whatsover and they were intjs....

but idk maye i'm wrong.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're focusing on theory. I'm focusing on how a person communicates. Let's look at an example. What functions do you think this writing demonstrates?

In the pre-dawn darkness, my three daughters and I huddled together in the cold mountain air. At an elevation of ten thousand feet, the wind was fierce and felt like it went right through us. We’d been warned about the frigid weather up here but still shivered in our fleece jackets and woolen hats. “Just imagine you’re somewhere warm,”
I said to them. “Like Hawaii. Oh wait. We ARE in Hawaii!” I laughed at my own joke. They didn’t. A park ranger intoned ancient Hawaiian chants as the sun slowly rose over Mount Haleakala. The guidebook had described watching this sunrise as “spiritual” and life-changing”. I guess it should have been a magical moment but was too distracted by my chattering teeth to fully enjoy it. A few minutes later we retreated to the comfort of our rental car, thankful for the blast of warm air blowing on our frozen faces.
About an hour later, we were shedding our jackets and enjoying hot tea and crepes in the sun-filled courtyard of a cute café . We marveled over the now-perfect weather and talked about how we couldn’t wait to get back to the hotel to soak in the hot tub. (My husband was still there, snuggled cozily in bed. Rising at three in the morning to watch the sunrise wasn’t quite his idea of vacation fun.) As I looked at my daughters gathered around the table, it occurred to me that this was the first trip we had taken together where they were all now, unbelievably, adults - and that this might be one of our last family vacations that wouldn’t include son-in-laws or grandchildren. Not that I wouldn’t welcome them, but I was savoring having these wonderful girls all to myself on this beautiful island. And it dawned on me that maybe this was the magical moment I’d been looking for up on that mountain.

I don't know which functions. In fact, I wrote something similar for an English class I took earlier this year.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know which functions. In fact, I wrote something similar for an English class I took earlier this year.

That's a glimpse into the mind of an ISFJ

You see Si and Fe.

You also see a tinge of the "strange world" as you refer to it. I'm not sure that's the best way to describe it however.

This is not a paper for an English class. That's how she thinks.

W

WALMART

The point is that the theory evidenced contrary to your claims is backed up by hundreds (thousands, maybe) of hours of objective experience with clientele in a psychologically evaluative clinic conducted by one of the best regarded psychologists of all time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a glimpse in the mind of an ISFJ

Certain terms - such as "magical" - keyed me into Si. However, I can write like that too, and that's my real point here.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, Highlander is going to add a poll- at least he asked me if it was ok.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I can't find just now the quote about me taking things as insults, but consider the following. "Simple-minded" is generally used as an insult. Maybe I read too much negativity into my communication being like sifting through goulash, but usually when someone says something like that I think of a schizophrenic person or someone equally mentally incapacitated. It seems to imply the person's thoughts are incoherent. This sounds kind of insulting, and is not true of me- at least not that anyone has observed outside of this forum. Some people, in particular Jennifer and Mal+ seem to have a difficult time communicating in their posts the difference between a constructive critical comment or neutral observation directed at someone they respect and think well of, and a derisive "observation" directed at someone they believe to be mentally inferior. If it's true that I am widely perceived to be simple minded, then in that context things do seem more insulting in tone.