• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone think I'm an ISFJ?

Is Greenfairy an ISFJ?

• Total voters

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I know you are a fairy, but just for the record, I do not see you as ISFJ. There is something un-S like about your posts.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you just going by overall vibe or do you sincerely think I seem like an Fi dominant with inferior Te?

I think pretty strongly you are an intuitive. I am making a leap on introvert (complete guess?). In the post I mentioned, i saw that bouncy bouncy ne thing going on. The the earlier one I posted a link to had an Fi and intuitive vibe. It was like you were talking about feeling tones, and values. An ISFJ -the words would not flow out like that. It would have a completely different look and feel. You could be an ENFP by my analysis above though. I havent dug into this carefully enough.

Last edited:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't know you terribly well, but I just read your older thread about original sin, and you definitely have Ne in there somewhere. The way you hopped around looking for patterns, the playful way you interacted with the other people. You seemed pretty intuitive, maybe even dominantly so.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to think green was INFJ, but the information here in this thread is making INFP seem like the better option.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, because you aren't 'predictably stable' in the slightest.
People who call you an ISFx I think see you as being simple-minded and emotionally volatile.

LOL.

I have nothing to add to that, just "LOL."

Frankly, you can come across that way (and I can come across similarly to people as well, except for the emotions part in substitute for reasoning).
My grandma is supposedly an ISFJ, and she gets really freaked out by things that are unexpected and just seem too dang strange.
You, on the other hand, are (in my opinion) one of the most mentally bright individuals I know, not so much in a rationalistic sense, but more in your intense focus on the creation.
That being said, I just don't think ISFJ works, and even if it has vague fittings for you here and there, it has way too many boundaries that you break.

There's only the idea that N types can look similar to S in some ways. Superficially, N types don't dress "normally," they are either odd or flamboyant appearing. However, when an S is depressed or really stressed out over a long period of time, the style of clothing can be "off the wall."

At a deeper level, the Si types have learned to keep their Si thinking to themselves, and give a "normal" Te or Fe appearance to others. But when Si does appear, it can appear to be as odd as the N. Si-dom has an interest in worldly yet mythological constructs: fairies, hobbits, wizards, dragons, and Gaia, for example. So as far as that goes, for a person with a username like 'greenfairy,' ISFJ is a plausible idea.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Simple-minded", huh? Well despite how I may appear online, I doubt anyone I know irl would think of me that way. All experience so far has been the opposite. I do like to make things as simple as possible, because I think it is a certain intellectual skill in itself. It takes more skill to write a stellar philosophy paper in 5 pages than 15. And what is philosophy but making what is complex simple and what is simple complex? As for emotionally volatile, I can definitely see that, but you also have to keep in mind that a forum is an easy place to vent feelings; once again irl most people don't really see that side of me.

The ISFJ discussion came about because there have been several instances of people saying things in abstract ways such as the ego being oriented toward a certain function, and I asked for clarification because I don't automatically translate that into something concrete. Sometimes connections between what people say and do and what is in their psychology goes over my head; I can pick up on thought patterns and emotions, but it takes awhile to distill that into psychological evaluations, and I don't just immediately notice what type someone is. I tend to take things literally and at face value. If I have something to say I say it- I don't tend to hint around. If I am going to speak figuratively I will use a comparison.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This post screams Ne to me.

You mean the part that goes, "and I don't believe I'm SFJ, so there you have it"?

Which type holds that belief is more important that facts and reason?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You mean the part that goes, "and I don't believe I'm SFJ, so there you have it"?

Which type holds that belief is more important that facts and reason?

That's not what I meant. I meant by "there you have it" that it follows that I believe I'm NTP, not that I'm right.

Quick question: does anyone see Te in any of my posts? If I am INFP it should probably be there.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to think green was INFJ, but the information here in this thread is making INFP seem like the better option.

Is she an informational type? Or is she more of a quick judgment type?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quick judgments would be my best guess. She has received lots of input from various members of the forum, but is very slow to adapt her opinions accordingly.
It took me a very long time to arrive at my current typing though, since I questioned so many people about it, so I guess there's pros and cons both ways.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quick judgments would be my best guess. She has received lots of input from various members of the forum, but is very slow to adapt her opinions accordingly.
It took me a very long time to arrive at my current typing though, since I questioned so many people about it, so I guess there's pros and cons both ways.

Decisive on the outside, indecisive on the inside, would be my guess.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Short lesson in typology: When typing someone you have to look at all four function comparisons. If Ne seems likely, you have to rule out Ni. If Fe seems likely you have to rule out Fi, Se contrasts with Si, and Te contrasts with Ti. A person has all four functions, and a type is a specific set. If one fits but another doesn't, your thoughts are not internally consistent. Just looking for something which looks like a dominant function is a very ineffective way of doing it.

That is, if you want to be thorough about it, and not just throwing potato at the wall (as Affirmative Anxiety so nicely put it). Which I think is a really funny image, btw.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not what I meant. I meant by "there you have it" that it follows that I believe I'm NTP, not that I'm right.
Quick question: does anyone see Te in any of my posts? If I am INFP it should probably be there.

Why don't you stop asking people what you are, when you've already decided what you are anyway?

From watching this unfold over and over, nothing anyone says is going to change what you already want to believe about yourself.

Why keep asking? What purpose is this serving? And why are you seemingly confused about your type if you seem so sure about your type (and what it's not) when someone makes a suggestion? At some point, you'd figure it out and just stop asking for affirmation.

My thoughts are as follows:

Talking to you and reading your posts is not like talking to / reading about any other NTPs I know and talk to. (And it's not because you're some kind of amazing, new, unique snowflake NTP.)

You simply don't structure your arguments in the ways that NTPs do, even when it's being done very informally. I might disagree with other NTPs on certain topics, but it's never because I think they're being irrational -- it's because the assumptions and info is different. I totally get where they are going and I can even predict the argument they will be making, because it follows from the initial data they accept.

When I argue a point with you, I feel like I'm trying to pick my way through a bowl of goulash. You try to talk the talk and use the right vocabulary, but the ideas are not balanced in nuance with each other, no actual argument is really being built. It's just assorted details jumbled around in a bowl based on how they feel to you at the time or based on how you want to view yourself. That is my impression. It all makes sense to you, but won't make sense to someone who is not you. That's not Ti.

Te also rebutts points without looking at a bigger conceptual picture. I scan a lot of your most recent posts as some version of Te, just filtered through other functions.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And what makes you think I am using a different process than yours? Have I not obsessively examined my type for the past year I have been on here? I had done the same thing for months before even joining. If that looks like a quick judgment, there's something wrong with your thinking.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why don't you stop asking people what you are, when you've already decided what you are anyway?

From watching this unfold over and over, nothing anyone says is going to change what you already want to believe about yourself.

Why keep asking? What purpose is this serving? And why are you seemingly confused about your type if you seem so sure about your type (and what it's not) when someone makes a suggestion? At some point, you'd figure it out and just stop asking for affirmation.

My thoughts are as follows:

Talking to you and reading your posts is not like talking to / reading about any other NTPs I know and talk to. (And it's not because you're some kind of amazing, new, unique snowflake NTP.)

You simply don't structure your arguments in the ways that NTPs do, even when it's being done very informally. I might disagree with other NTPs on certain topics, but it's never because I think they're being irrational -- it's because the assumptions and info is different. I totally get where they are going and I can even predict the argument they will be making, because it follows from the initial data they accept.

When I argue a point with you, I feel like I'm trying to pick my way through a bowl of goulash. You try to talk the talk and use the right vocabulary, but the ideas are not balanced in nuance with each other, no actual argument is really being built. It's just assorted details jumbled around in a bowl based on how they feel to you at the time or based on how you want to view yourself. That is my impression. It all makes sense to you, but won't make sense to someone who is not you. That's not Ti.

Te also rebutts points without looking at a bigger conceptual picture. I scan a lot of your most recent posts as some version of Te, just filtered through other functions.
What I am trying to do is figure out where I am going wrong in my reasoning if I am wrong. I have a certain opinion, but I want to make sure it's correct by examining all the things it is based on. When people pose different suggestions I want to examine whether they are correct by picking it apart.

So you might be right in thinking this is Te, since I am focusing on whether a specific thing is true- but at the same time I want to see whether it is true in conjunction with everything else which is true.

I'm not asserting anything as fact- only putting thoughts out there to see if everything fits. If I am something different than what I think I am everything should fit, and few have been able to form a coherent opinion. So if you believe I am INFP that's great if you can give a convincing argument. Do you think I use Te in the form of the inferior or perhaps tertiary? Do you agree I seem like Ne rather than Ni? Are you basing your Fi decision on comprehensive information or just that it looks like not-Ti? What you've said so far I can't really disagree with.

And this thread wasn't started because I think I'm ISFJ- which I made explicit in the OP. Someone said they thought I was and I wanted to see if anyone else agreed because I was tired of arguing with her. I thought maybe it would be better for other people to do it. Now I'm picking apart people's opinions.

I don't know what you're getting at here.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Short lesson in typology: When typing someone you have to look at all four function comparisons.

Short lesson in MY typology: when typing someone, look at everything possible and from every aspect. Don't limit yourself to one system.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Short lesson in MY typology: when typing someone, look at everything possible and from every aspect. Don't limit yourself to one system.

Shouldn't everything be consistent within every system you are using?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I have nothing to say about Greenfairy, really. I just wanted to note that this is one of the best descriptions of my mom one could hope for.