• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP /ISFP?

sonofsam

Hey. I'd like if you could me me with my tiping, as recently I've got conflicting opinions so I'm not really sure what to think anymore.

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Male, 20. I don't think there's something at the moment that could mess with my mind and therefor my answers

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
INFP

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

1) http://www.flickr.com/photos/26895569@N07/9134939367/in/explore-2013-06-25

If I'd analyze specific parts of picture it wouldn't be really that interesting, but all those colours kind of intertwine and create something more, an image whose whole is greater than the sum of parts itself. All these colours create an image of hope, happines, spontaneity. They conjure in me a picture of a child, probably myself, that stands there and is suddenly feeling like it's really out of this world, transceded to something else by pure positivity. but then my eyes drift of to tracks in the field and they look to me like they were made by drunken tractor driver and then suddenly red colour gets a completely new meaning. It's blood of casualties. So I'm reminded of Holland and war operations there and how 'drunken' generals sent many young people to their graves in such a idylic landscape. So now I can feel both tragedy and happiness inside of me. It's tragic that something golden can become stained so easily and never be able to recover again.

2) http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveyboy_75/9137785316/in/explore-2013-06-25

This one is really scary in some way. I wonder what the hell were architects thinking because I don't think this is supposed to be a prison and it certainly looks like one. I get the feeling that the place where the camera man stands, right at the top, is the only place where you actually don't feel confined. While looking at that rows of asymetricly positioned windows, I was just constantly thinking of this tower being a rotational one. I just noticed there are some lights at the bottom, I wonder if those moronic archytects actually incindentally baricaded themselves. I wouldn't be surprised. More and more stuff is looking like prisons nowadays, while not necesserily in this form. This picture actually invokes a feeling of me being traped in a dungeon and just wanting to die. It's ironic that when you are not inside it but really on top of it, it doesn't seem sad but more impressive, cool. And that's what is really sad about all of it.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

I would be already playing with those ideas, constantly juggling them in my head, instead of being concetrated to work like I should. I'd probably call a break, but then it would be hard to return to work afterwards. It's hard to go from something interesting, like playing with those ideas back to something monotone like hands work. I suppose it would come down to 'lesser evil' and that would be calling a break but I would still be kind of frustrated. If he'd helped me with work first we could discuss thoes ideas freely, without time restraints and such, and now it's all about not being able to focus 100% on what he's saying and therefore those ideas wouldn't be actually used properly. Now thinking about it, I think I was wrong about lesser evil. Let's do that stuff first and then focus on playing with ideas. Or perhaps we can call a break later on when we feel tired with working so that playing with ideas could fill us with energy and even more patience needed to actually complete this work.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Individuality, creativity, story telling, being in tune with emotions, tolerance, thoughtfullness, improvement

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
They are not really carved in stone as I'm still in search for my true identity but there's some air of stability arround them so eventhough they might change I don't think that they will radically. I can't see myself becoming stranger to my emotions for an example, but some fluctuations on almost untangible level are certainly present as I develop as a person.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

I probably wouldn't say anything as I'm not really good at logically convincing people, it's always more about feeling that certain situation would invoke and well, I can tell you that my friends are not really touched by my pleas based on emotionality. On inside I would definitely be furious, as I hate seeing people i actually care about in such a bad light. It sometimes amazes me to which extent can humans go. But anyways if that would be something really immoral I would certainly ask of them to put themselves on a victims place and think about what they are planing to do one more time eventhough I often doubt myself because of scars from my past . If they wouldn't listen to me I would be extremely dissapointed. It's sometimes hard for people to be able to cope with my standards but I'm certain that my views are trying to be as moral as possible and I expect that from others as well, no matter how small could situation appear. Biggest plans are often made of bunch of small ones

7. a) What activities energizes you the most?
I'm energized by possibilities. It always makes me happy when I read or see something that can be used in different ways, a situation that in a different context can posses a characteristics completely unrelated to a primary meaning. That's why I started writing, combined with my natural knack for storytelling. Who says that even a regular scene in a cafe, with two friends talking about school can't become a story of two secret agents speaking in codes thare are actually just a moment away from baricading entire cafe. Yes it's far fetched and I wouldn't actually think of that but you get the point. I'm more into turning things upside down, creating sarcasm, even absurdity. But i kinda rambled here to much...

I'm also energized by reading, compliments, daydreaming, creative discussions ( it can be extremelly appealing when an ordinary conversation takes a sudden turn and become a discussion about time travel or consequences of actions or something like that)

7. b) What activities drains you the most?
Criticism, doing something same for too much if it doesn't involve imagining beyond tangible, being placed in chaotic situation, actually trying to logically tie up your ideas

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
Introverted. I barely can push myself to actually leave my room and talk unless it's about something 'greater than life' which usually isn't. I would often go for solitary walks to recharge myself again and I enjoy that eventhough people look at me like a freak, leaving a party and cozy envirnoment, but something like that would me often fill me with ideas. For me it's important to nulify external stimuly to a minimum to be able to connect the dots and finally come up with something worthy.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Strenghts - linguistics, easy learning, coming up with my theories, (don't know if they are really any good because i have no guts to share them with others, as i would be really devastated if they would be called trash. I usually just suptly take small parts of them so I can atleast receive some input. I'd hate if nobody would actually understand what I write), using ordinary, individual concepts to talk about something more global filled with personal meaning

Weaknesses - completely cut off from happenings in their raw form around unless I read about them somewhere. Otherwise I just use a part of them which seems likely to produce a number of ideas and forget about everything else. Placing everything on a pedestal without any proof or even clear insight. Catastrophic spatial intelligence. Clumsiness. (if something needs breaking I'm here for you. My father said I should even get paid as I'm master at that)

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'll use everyday example as a way to exapnd my thoughts. I'm often very lazy and I lose grip of time flow. So I usually find myself infront of deadline without even actually starting my project or whatever it is. That happens because I have so many different ways to present something that I have troubles choosing one. And when the deadline knock on the door, I get really streesed of thought that I'm forced to picked up something that I really take a bit of everything and it comes of as a non-coherent rambling. Than I regret my past decisions concerning this project and beat myself over them. Then it comes the phase where I decide to start everything from a scrath and I make tons of plans and tables and whatnot, but then even if I start project again from a beginning I don't adhere to my timetables even slightest but they are constantly on my mind and are making me even more stressed and regretful of my choices. Usuually then I just snap and delete many parts of original project so it kinda seems more coherent...

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
Pressuring me to make a decision. I hate when I can't be in two boats at once. So yeah I'm often criticized for that

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered?

I'm usually discusing topics that are not really concrete and can have different perspectives with myself. For quite some time I had an imaginary alter ego who would always say something opossite/different of what I would think. So i would argue out loud with myself and connecting those oposite perspectives to come up with something that would feel really right to me. Nowadays I don't talk out loud, but am still often discussing different interpretations without actually picking one of them as right. And that kind of makes me undecided when discussing something with someone.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'd say INFP over ISFP.

sonofsam

Hey, thanks for replies. So just to make it clear. You'd definitely say Ne/Si over Se/Ni? It's Ne/Ni that's giving me real trouble, but considering I feel closer to Si I'd say it's Ne then. Right?

I heard someone talking about Ni and undeveloped Se, and although I believe it seems kind of far fetched for me, it's still a theory. But I'd still lean on the other side. So yeah, indecisiveness is my middle name.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey, thanks for replies. So just to make it clear. You'd definitely say Ne/Si over Se/Ni? It's Ne/Ni that's giving me real trouble, but considering I feel closer to Si I'd say it's Ne then. Right?

I heard someone talking about Ni and undeveloped Se, and although I believe it seems kind of far fetched for me, it's still a theory. But I'd still lean on the other side. So yeah, indecisiveness is my middle name.

INFP.

sonofsam

Hey I really appreciate the effort. I'd only just like to ask one more thing. I'm kind of not sure on all Se and Ne thing, as I seem to find some inconsistencies on internet. So if you could point me out why's that that I'm using Ne and not Se. I mean, when I read of Ne it seems like a super abstract view of world and whatnot, but I don't feel that way. Perhaps I'm not understanding that quite right... I don't feel Se-ish as well but...

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You sound a lot like an INFP to me. Things that seem Ne+Si: being energized by possibilities! This is a big one, Ne is alll about possibilities. It's not necessarily super-abstract, though it can be. Difficulty making decisions is hallmark of inferior Te.