• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a 3 or a 6?

S

Stansmith

These are two types that really hit me when I read descriptions, but I can't really decide between. I want to be secure in myself (E6) but I feel security through achievement (E3). I'm generally more confident in myself when I feel like I'm actively achieving, like say, having a job or moving a step closer to my goals (3), however I don't have the persistent drive and "can do" attitude of an E3 and often contemplate my next step for VERY lengthy periods (6). To put it lightly, I'm not a succesful person by anyone's standards, whereas I feel like an enneagram 3 would just naturally find themselves at a point of prosperity at 18 years old. I've only had one retail job! A typical 3 would have connections everywhere and be at an Ivy League college. On an added note, I've never excelled in school; I'm not necessarily happy about mediocre grades, but I'm not as driven to change that either.

Another point that I feel is important in figuring out which of the two types I am is how I experience integration and disintegration. In times of stress I feel a conflict between apathy, anxiety and productivity, and when I'm depressed, I'm generally much lazier than I usually have and abandon all of my ambitions or goals. I become more narcissitic and judgemental as well, and just completely disappear from my social life. When I'm in a healthy state, I tend to be looser and quite 7-ish. So in general I'd say healthiness = constant need for activity and lightheartess, while unhealthiness = compulsive apathy, narcissism and victimization.

So yeah, what vibes are you getting from me?

S

Stansmith

Although I admire and identify with the intensity and "I can do what I set my mind to" attitude of Michael Jordan or Tiger Woods (3s), I can't say I have their insanely consistent tunnel vision. I spend too much time smelling the flowers, more than I would like.