• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I type 3, 4, 6 or 7?

S

Stansmith

Me and Type 3

-I feel my sense of worth is based on what I do and my appeal to others, it's hard for me to imagine having an intrinsic self-worth

-I always want to improve my current self to become my ideal self; perfect body, perfect looks, perfect social life, lots of success, etc. Basically since 11th grade I've wanted to be "The Perfect Man" or the most interesting man in the world

-I want approval and love from everyone that I show interest in

-In my free time I feel slightly agitated if I haven't achieved anything for the day. Sort of a feeling of guilt that I SHOULD be doing something.

-Unlike 3s, I'm not naturally persistent. When I fail at somethig I tend to blame the people responsible for my success/failure rather than myself. For example, I'm quicker to say "noone will hire me" rather than "I'm not applying to enough jobs"

-My physical attractiveness and sense of style is extremely important to me and my main source of self-confidence

-Im not satisfied with myself and who I am at the moment

-I strive for an image of coolness, class and composure, and have a sort of bourgeois vibe. I've been called "fake" or arrogant because of this. It actually really hits me when people make these comments and I get a feeling of "wow, I've been figured out."

-When depressed I become hypnotically lazy and slothish and succumb to routine (disintegration to 9). I experience this push-pull between "whats the point of caring anymore?" and "this isn't who I want to be, I'm gonna get out of this and achieve greatness".

-I don't like people seeing that I'm a novice. I'd rather get really good at something first and then show it to the world.

-I want to be seen as a man with taste, and always want to buy the best and most prestigious product that I can afford. I hate settling for the cheaper option

-I believe human greatness is attainable to anyone

-If I'm rejected, I feel like it reflects on me. Adequate people aren't rejected.

-Unlike a 3, I'm more likely to be at home contemplating and ruminating over relationships than actually hustling to get ahead. My ambition comes in spurts

-Unlike a 3 I never excelled academically and tended to settle for Cs, even when I make it my goal to get straight As

-Unlike a 3 I don't feel comfortable in leadership roles

-I deny my emotions when distressed

-My biggest fear is being disrespected or feeling worthless/like a loser.

-I notice social structures easily and quickly notice whether someone's unattractive, doesn't dress well, etc. Especially when I'm unhealthy

Me and 4

-I feel different from everyone else, but I don't feel like I revolve my identity around being different

-I fantasize about my ideal life alot

-unlike a 4 I'd rather be different in the sense that I'm more attractive, cooler and tasteful than the majority, than just being plain different for its own sake. Complete Self-indulgence is tacky to me and kind of annoying. I wanna be a really sophisticated mainstream person rather than a fringe bohemian.

-I do envy people, alot. I see someone with a nice car or a girlfriend and I feel envy, shame and self hatred all at once.

-I do have a habit of keeping my distance from the herd a bit, but not when I'm healthy or secure in myself. In those cases I feel like part of the herd

-Unlike a 4, I don't usually like indulging in feelings of melancholy and depression. I would rather not go deeply into it except on some occasions. I might even deny these feelings

-Im compulsively depressed and go from really happy and self-loving, to really depressed and self-hating

-I related to 4 well in middle school and early highschool, when I started to feel anyone who wasn't in the indie crowd was "plebian" and not worth impressing. I even dropped my best childhood friend because he didnt like the new me or my interests. I eventually tailored my image to be appealing to everyone however once I reached 11th grade.

Me and 6

-I have issues with anxiety and am susceptible to existential crisises

-The more rejected I am, the more grandiose and hateful I become

-I complain about other people not appreciating me. I tend to believe that I'm doing everything right, an everyone else is just purposely being a jerk to me without reason

-unlike a 6 I become more sloth-ish (9-ish) when unhealthy than when healthy. When healthy I want to indulge and be around people

-When integrated/content I'm more receptive and open to everyone

-Unlike a 6 I don't feel loyal to people, even people who show me loyalty. I like novelty and have a habit of dropping loyal receptive friends for people I find more appealing. I'm honestly not very appreciative of the people I already have in my life and always want more than what I have.

-I'm naturally passive and complacent most of the time

-I contemplate everything, even choosing a movie to watch.

-Unlike a 6, I'm not satisfied with a regular old safe life and feel risks are somewhat necessary

-I feel like most people were born with this innate self-confidence which I lack for whatever reason

-I always feel like i should be something; I should have lots of girls, I should have a car, I should have a job, etc.

-Drugs scare me because I don't know what I could end up doing while under the influence

-I fear stagnancy

-girls who play hard to get annoy me, I want certainty or else I just give up.

-Unlike a 6 I can quickly forget about my support groups once I'm immersed in something else. For example, if I'm studying abroad, I'll almost completely forget about my friends back home and even my mother. I'm almost completely focused on my new environment and social situation.

Me and 7

-I love novelty and new things. My ideal life would be full of constant newness

-I can't focus on one task for too long

-My ideal job is that of a film director; someone who can be Switzerland one minute, and then fly to New Zealand the next day.

-I hate commitment to anything. Girls, friends, etc. I honestly don't see the appeal in monogamy at a young age

-I want to have lots of money so I can buy lots of things and never be bored with what I have

-Have a very short attention span

-Unlike a 7 I don't have a naturally optimistic attitude. It's always pessimism first, optimism second

-Unlike a 7 I have shame, lots of it.

---------------------------------------

What would you say my type is?

S

Stansmith

Specific types/variations that I feel really connected to; Sx 4, So 4, Sx 6, So 6, so/sx 3, sx/sp 3 and sx/so 3.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think you're just really young!? Is that possible? A lot of the things you are describing seem to me to be more connected with age than anything else.
Besides that I don't even really believe in the enneagram theory, so i'm going to shut up about possible types suggestions. You remind me about myself a bit, except maybe for the weight you give to people's opinions on your physical aspect etc, so I'm curious to what other people think about your type.

S

Stansmith

I think you're a 3w4-6w7-9w8 sx/so.

As a 6w7, how would you say my descriptions differ from your experiences? I definitely can't say I have the focused ambition, work ethic and entrepreneurship of a true 3.

S

Stansmith

I think you're just really young!? Is that possible? A lot of the things you are describing seem to me to be more connected with age than anything else.
Besides that I don't even really believe in the enneagram theory, so i'm going to shut up about possible types suggestions. You remind me about myself a bit, except maybe for the weight you give to people's opinions on your physical aspect etc, so I'm curious to what other people think about your type.

Lol perhaps. I'm 18.

Nicki

Retired
As a 6w7, how would you say my descriptions differ from your experiences? I definitely can't say I have the focused ambition, work ethic and entrepreneurship of a true 3.

I relate to being naturally pessimistic and liking certainty yet also liking novelty too. I'm much more focused on loyalty and my support group though. Hmm do you think that could be a lack of Te instead?

S

Stansmith

I relate to being naturally pessimistic and liking certainty yet also liking novelty too. I'm much more focused on loyalty and my support group though. Hmm do you think that could be a lack of Te instead?

I'm so used to routine and stagnancy that persistent goal-seeking is kind of intimidating to me. I feel so blissful just watching a good movie, listening to music or reading funny internet articles that when I try to achieve a goal, I sort of subconscioualy rush through it so I can go back to routine. Sometimes I show intense focus but other times I just don't want to be doing anything. I
don't know if I want the routine necessarily, but its comforting. Goals kind of make me anxious.

Nicki

Retired
I'm so used to routine and stagnancy that persistent goal-seeking is kind of intimidating to me. I feel so blissful just watching a good movie, listening to music or reading funny internet articles that when I try to achieve a goal, I sort of subconscioualy rush through it so I can go back to routine. Sometimes I show intense focus but other times I just don't want to be doing anything. I
don't know if I want the routine necessarily, but its comforting. Goals kind of make me anxious.

Do you think you could be a 9w8 with a really strong connection to 3?

S

Stansmith

Do you think you could be a 9w8 with a really strong connection to 3?

Definitely been considering it and can identify with 9-ish feelings at the moment, but I honestly feel like 3, 6 and 9 all describe me depending on my mood and can't see an overarching consistent pattern.

S

Stansmith

I'm still on the fence after deciding 6w7. I have lots of anxiety issues and self-doubt but I really can't see myself as an authority-obsessed person. I'm indifferent to authority; I don't test them, I don't defy them, I don't look to expose them, and I don't size them up. I just get what I wanted from the authority and go on with my life.

My attitude towards authority is; I do my work, and the authority gives me money or a grade. I don't care whether he's incompetent or unfair, I'll adjust until I get what I want.