• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Analyze please

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I've read that too. Good point. But if I disliked abstract topics so much I wouldn't be on a MBTI forum!

Then how do you account for all the S members (even if they are a distinct minority)?

wolfy

awsm
Then how do you account for all the S members (even if they are a distinct minority)?

I like abstract topics and I'm probably a sensor.I think some sensors do like abstract topics. Usually with an eye towards what they can do with the information. The main reason I became interested in MBTI was to see if I could use the results to analyze my strengths and then squeeze more juice out of them.
Bruce Lee was a philosophy major and he was supposedly ISTP. :happy:

nemo

Enneagram
<3
One of my friends is an ISTP math major. There's scarcely a topic more abstract than mathematics.

The difference, however, is that he views abstract theory more as a tool. I think Intuitives typically view it as something to be generalized and further discussed theoretically.

I wrote about him here.

As an aside, I think that Sensors, particularly SPs, are easy to pass as Intuitives because they sometimes extend their "tool usage" that Keirsey talks about to intellectual tools that are highly theory-heavy.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
wolfy - Spend some time reading the descriptions of types. Which type seems more familiar to you? Which type seems to be the best fit for you?

wolfy

awsm
wolfy - Spend some time reading the descriptions of types. Which type seems more familiar to you? Which type seems to be the best fit for you?

ISTP seems to fit best. Especially the description at Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type
I am not much of a daredevil so when the ISTP talk about that it throws me out a little.

I also seem to fit with the ENTP description strangely enough. I can be quite abstract in my thinking.And this quote from the Keirsey site fits They are intensely curious and continuously probe for possibilities, especially when trying to solve complex problems. Inventors are filled with ideas, but value ideas only when they make possible actions and objects.

On a side note all my heroes are ISTP and ENTP and they were before I ever
found out about MBTI. Bruce Lee, Buckminster Fuller, Bugs Bunny, Clint Eastwood etc

wolfy

awsm
Someone posted a link to this site: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

I suggest reading through the cognitive process descriptions and seeing which ones you seem to use. From there, you can figure out which types use those processes, read the descriptions, and go to town. Bon chance!

I read through the processes and extraverted sensing is auxillary so ISTP for me. Also I don't feel I use Si except to annoy myself with past experiences.:steam:

Has anyone read anything on improving the functions? It would make sense to strengthen your preferences I think, that is where your talents would lie.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I read through the processes and extraverted sensing is auxillary so ISTP for me. Also I don't feel I use Si except to annoy myself with past experiences.:steam:

Has anyone read anything on improving the functions? It would make sense to strengthen your preferences I think, that is where your talents would lie.

... or would it be better to become well rounded? Just a thought.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
ISTP seems to fit best.

Bruce Lee, Clint Eastwood etc

Quite funny. Bruce Lee and Clint are stated to be ISTP's in many celebrity MBTI type sites. I know a ISTP whose favourite actors Bruce Lee and Clint are (among other ISTP actors).

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The difference, however, is that he views abstract theory more as a tool. I think Intuitives typically view it as something to be generalized and further discussed theoretically.
Quoted for emphasis.

You test as more ISTP than I do, wolfy...I almost always test INTP unless I blatantly lie. I'm not one though.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From looking at your results your introverted thinking is more dominantly consistent. therefore your first letter is I.

MEC

:hi:You have given us heaps of test results :huh:but what do you like to do?
:party2::headphne::cool::hug::steam::doh:

wolfy

awsm
:hi:You have given us heaps of test results :huh:but what do you like to do?
:party2::headphne::cool::hug::steam::doh:

I love to weight train. I also really like teaching people, but mostly on a one to one basis. That's why I became a coach.
My way of coaching is to inform you of techniques and principles, I am not a rahrah kind of coach.

I like to tell people all the background facts about the movie we are about to see, some people don't appreciate that :cry:

What else... Like to learn, bits and pieces, sometimes I really get into a topic and learn the whole concept, the principles behind it. It's feels impossible to learn what does not interest me though :doh:(I imagine everyones like that)

I love to read, mostly non fiction, training, psychology, creativity.

I like to imagine future possibilities and can make good plans to achieve them. Especially a fun adventure.:D
I used to really like hitchhiking and travelled a lot that way. All over the NZ.

One of my most favorite things to do is lie in a large empty room on the floor with a cool breeze flowing through and think whatever thinks I think (thanks Dr Seuss)

Oh and I really really love ROCK:headphne:

Last edited:

MEC

I love to weight train. I also really like teaching people, but mostly on a one to one basis. That's why I became a coach.
My way of coaching is to inform you of techniques and principles, I am not a rahrah kind of coach.

I like to tell people all the background facts about the movie we are about to see, some people don't appreciate that :cry:

What else... Like to learn, bits and pieces, sometimes I really get into a topic and learn the whole concept, the principles behind it. It's feels impossible to learn what does not interest me though :doh:(I imagine everyones like that)

I love to read, mostly non fiction, training, psychology, creativity.

I like to imagine future possibilities and can make good plans to achieve them. Especially a fun adventure.:D

I used to really like hitchhiking and travelled a lot that way. All over the NZ.

One of my most favorite things to do is lie in a large empty room on the floor with a cool breeze flowing through and think whatever thinks I think (thanks Dr Seuss)

Oh and I really really love ROCK:headphne:

ISTP :The one to one I,S all the facts and action,T P were already constance and I am told Ni can make you seem N.

Liason

I'm more offensive in person!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with MEC. You seem to be an ISTP.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
introverted Thinking (Ti) 238.3 extraverted Sensing (Se) 214.2 extraverted Intuiting (Ne) 208.6 introverted Feeling (Fi) 192.6 introverted Sensing (Si) 155.3 introverted Intuiting (Ni) 150.9 extraverted Thinking (Te) 141.5 extraverted Feeling (Fe) 104.7[/QUOTE said:
Your total function rating looks very ISTP to me with TI in first Se in second and Fe in last..I get those same results expcept my Fi is higher than yours.