• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Click if you want to enter my mind

deadship

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wrote what I think is important. I think childhood and influences are the most important in typing. Please read it full and then I will be very glad if you will help finding my type.
I grew up as an only child in loving family. During my childhood I never knew the lack of anything. I really had almost everything that a child can want, but relationship in our family were a bit complex. I think that's why I was such an oversensitive child. I used to cry over anything. But I was also very hyperactive and curious. I always wanted to know how and why things work some way. I loved to learn and discover new things. I also had very high ideals and exact idea how things should be, how are things right. Even as kid I was obssesed with social norms, good behavior, I wanted to please everyone. But I was also extremly stubborn, if I made my opinion about something, or decided I won't do something none could breake me. I was so opinionated even as child. I had problems with too wild imagination and my tendency to live in other worlds and fantazies. I used to make up my own fantasy stories and as soon as I learned to write I started to write these stories down. I had a bit of a problems at school. I wasn't very socially skilled and I struggled to find friends. I also had problems with my attention because I was such a dreamer. I was also very hyperactive and wanted to do everything as first, know everything as first, I wasn't very patient and when the result of my actions wasn't immediate I used to become very angry and had a lot of troubles with finishing projects. Even though I didn't have much friends I was extremly talkative and never knew when to shut up. I was pretty much an "attention whore" as a child.As I grew up I became more reserved, closed and very shy. I went more the way of being a rebel who hates the pop and mainstream culture and I tried to find myself in lot of subcultures like punk, gothic, later grunge. I also became pretty emotially closed and hided my feelings behind pose of not giving a damn about anything. As a teenager I was pretty depressed and emotionally unstable. I found my escape in music, theaters and art. I used to sing, act, play the guitar and piano and I still continued to write. My primary need was to express myself and to be creative. I still had a lot of problems with my anger, tendecy to overreact and drama. I started to be pretty reckless and rude to most of the people. My stubborness was also pretty significant. Later I started to be pretty lazy, had thousends of hobbies, but never finish anything, or did anything really responsibly. I found of my friends in subculture and music clubs. In my late teenage years I got pretty wild and my life became a neverending party. I was with my friends all the time and all my responsibilities became not important. Now I am still just very young adult. I am very close to my writting hobby and study journalism. I hope that it will give me enough of freedom for my self expression and my curiosity about everything new will be also filled. But I still fight with my oversensitivy and very wild emotional world. I also didn't learn how to express my feelings. But I was great in reading other people. I was great in getting into cores of things and people. Even in poetry, or art I was great in reading metaphors, hidden meanings and I've been searching for meaning of everything my whole life. To lot of people I am pretty arrogant, reckless and I have a rude humor. I am egocentric and not caring at all. I can't even imagine having kids, at least not in near future. I am still pretty irresponsible and struggle to get things done. But if I really get myself into something I can get obsessed about it. I can totally get myself into one idea and lost the track about everything else. I am highly idealistic and always try to make myself better, learn new things, but I still struggle to finish them. I am a perfectionist with idealistic outlook on life and somtimes the reality knocks me down, but I really try to be more down to earth. I can be pretty critical about things and I also like analysis. I want know how things work. That is helping me staying more down to earth. I believe only things that make sense after my analysis. I actually love to think about things and I have a bit of philosophic mind. When it comes my plans I tend to be chaotic in lot of ways, but I like to know what will happen ahead. I don't like things that are totally unexcepted. I like changes, but as long as day give me the space to do things the way I think is right. I love to plan the parties, I love to plan for the future and sometimes I make lists and day plans, but I often suck in making them real, becaase I end up doing something else a lot of times. Even though I am really sometimes rude to people I care about them. I like to help and I want to feel as a helpfull person. I try to be good according to my ideals, I try to do things the right way, it's just my lack of patienct and hot temper, that often tend to screw somethings. And also my laziness.

deadship

MBTI Type
ENFP
Do you have an ideas? I am really pretty desperate in finding my type. :-/ . I don't know if it will help, but I can give you my test results. The MBTI type from humanmatrics.com: INTP
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(1%) Perceiving(67)%
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

No preference thinking over feeling is basicly what makes my biggest troubles. Later I also made cognitive functions test, but my functions seem to be chaotic and don't fit any type :-/ these are my results:
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) *********** (11)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.2)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************************* (43.2)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************** (18.9)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.2)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ********************* (21.5)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.3)

excellent use
So it looks like my most developed functions are: Ni,Fi,Ne,Ti and my Si seem to be also pretty developed while my shadow functions are Te, Fe and mostly Se... What type uses these functions? It doesn't make much sense. Based on the functions I could be: INFJ, INFP, INTP. I red about the functions and I really agree that my order is Ni, Fi, Ne, Ti , but no type uses them in that order. :-/ ...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fi-Ni-Ne-Ti-Si-Fe-Te-Se

Well N appears to be clear, Ne and Se are the farthest pair away from each other, suggesting ENXP, your top 2 are introverted, but you tested as only slight to moderately introverted.

I'd say you are INXP, but have developed your Ne to the point where you can be comfortable being outgoing and social. My initial impression was XXFP, but it's not clear to me now that you are F.

I have a book called Nurture By Nature, which describes the types as children. I want to read more of it and then type you with a more informed opinion. I look forward to it. :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh by the way, T and F are the two categories that swap most frequently between tests. So you're not alone with this problem.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Didnt read the op, but in general if you get a tie between T and F, its usually F due to societal pressure on people being more E S T and J. Also looking at the function test results(which i think is bogus overall, but can help on typing in some cases), it seems you are INFP.

But if you want to be sure about your type, you just need to learn the system well enough to determine yourself which type fits you.

deadship

MBTI Type
ENFP
Can I ask you why do you think INFP? Actually after I read these functions I was curious if I am not an INFJ because of the high Ni and Ti. INFPs use Te over Ti and Ne over Ni while I use more Ni and Ti. I also read alot of posts and articles about NF types and they seem to be caring, empathic people, while I am really much more emotionallly closed to others and more egocentric, than caring. I find it hard to think about other's feelings, or care for them.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can I ask you why do you think INFP? Actually after I read these functions I was curious if I am not an INFJ because of the high Ni and Ti. INFPs use Te over Ti and Ne over Ni while I use more Ni and Ti. I also read alot of posts and articles about NF types and they seem to be caring, empathic people, while I am really much more emotionallly closed to others and more egocentric, than caring. I find it hard to think about other's feelings, or care for them.

As you said in your OP, you hide your feelings behind a "pose."

Let me just say that INFJ is not as irresponsible as you claim you are, nor do they have a zillion hobbies and leave projects unfinished. Your mentality is far more scattered than that of the more controlled INFJ.

deadship

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well yeah I have strong Fi and pretty clearly I am an N, so I guess it makes me an INFP... But I still have some doubts. :-/

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well yeah I have strong Fi and pretty clearly I am an N, so I guess it makes me an INFP... But I still have some doubts. :-/

About which part?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Even if you decide you are INFP, I'm still going to give an educated typing opinion in the future. You can ignore it if you want. :)

But let's hypothesize you are INFP. Do you relate to this a lot:
Or perhaps this?:

You could go to this page and do the following: compare the function pairs and then see what you come up with, such as (for me) Ti>Te, Ne>Ni, Si>Se, Fe>Si, or just whatever you can compare until you have compared each one with one other, and see if it resembles a type.

deadship

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thank you so much for your post [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]. I read about all the functions, but I can relate to functions, that I am not sure if they are typical for any type. :-/ Fi,Ne,Ni,Se and Te.... The inner moral principles of Fi is just what I seek and look for. I am idealistic and perfectionistic about things that are important to me. I am very individualistic and always want to do things the way I consider to be right. I often think about how I feel inside, what is going on inside of me... I think I might you a little of Fe, but I am not sure if it's Fe, or not...Sometimes I feel deep conflict between who I want to be inside and who society wants me to be. It's like forever a chaos in me, if I should behave to please others, or to please myself. I feel close to both Ne and Ni. I always seek for something new and interesting. I try to change things that I am not satisfied with into something better.I need to see some external reactions on how the things are to know if I did a good, or a bad job. I love to create some context, hidden meaning and then wait for people if they will notice, it's way more interesting and funny, than to say things directly. But the reason why I also feel close to Ni is that I also try to look at one thing from many different angles and see what possibly this one thing could contain. I always try to look deep into things, what is behind them, what could be possibly seen if we'd look more into the thing. What is the real core of it. For Se... I am not good in noticing things around me, I am too dreamy for that, but I relate to the needs of having new things, following new trends... I care much about how I look and need an external reaction on my look.I am also often very impulsive and act without thinking. For Te... I don't know how could I possibly score as Ti on the test, but I am totally Te. Seek for proven logical facts and value scientists and experts. So I really don't know which type I could be based on this. I think my top developped functions are Fi,Ne,Ni and less developped, but still used are Te and Se.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you are definitely XNFP. :) Ne+Fi can look like Ni because Fi looks for the essence of things and Ne takes in new information with the intuition and sees patterns. Also Ni is the 5th function out of 8, the first in the unconscious, so it will be rather easy to access. Te would be your tertiary if you are an extrovert and inferior if you are an introvert.

It's possible you are ISFP, because they are impulsive and artistic, but you seem pretty N to me. I'd say read about INFP, ENFP, and ISFP, and see which one fits best.

Here is inferior Si (for ENFP):
And here is information about inferior Te (for INFP and ISFP).

Also, more importantly, does social interaction come easily to you or with difficulty? Do you feel energized after prolonged social interaction or tired and drained?

deadship

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think you are definitely XNFP. :) Ne+Fi can look like Ni because Fi looks for the essence of things and Ne takes in new information with the intuition and sees patterns. Also Ni is the 5th function out of 8, the first in the unconscious, so it will be rather easy to access. Te would be your tertiary if you are an extrovert and inferior if you are an introvert.

It's possible you are ISFP, because they are impulsive and artistic, but you seem pretty N to me. I'd say read about INFP, ENFP, and ISFP, and see which one fits best.

Here is inferior Si (for ENFP):

And here is information about inferior Te (for INFP and ISFP).

Also, more importantly, does social interaction come easily to you or with difficulty? Do you feel energized after prolonged social interaction or tired and drained?

I feel really close to the inferior Si. This is exactly how I react when I am in some stressful time. I If I am introvert, or extrovert is very difficult to say. I often feel socially wierd and unskilled. I am also very shy. But I love to hang out with my friends, I hate to be alone, and solitude time only makes me feel bored and drained. I for sure need a lot of social contact to feel good.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel really close to the inferior Si. This is exactly how I react when I am in some stressful time. I If I am introvert, or extrovert is very difficult to say. I often feel socially wierd and unskilled. I am also very shy. But I love to hang out with my friends, I hate to be alone, and solitude time only makes me feel bored and drained. I for sure need a lot of social contact to feel good.
Then I'm about 75% confident you are ENFP. It's more about how you get your energy than anything else, and there are shy extroverts. Your function order is consistent, and your inferior function experience is consistent.

Yay, ENFP's are cool.

Further study and experience on the forum should make your type more clear.