• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Paying to be typed

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think xNTP fits. *mails invoice* :D As a psych major, I took the official MBTI so many times that I was almost ready to pay people to stop typing me! :overreact: ;)

Seriously, I really do think xNTP fits though.

The insights you gain on your own are worth much more than money. Remember that MBTI is about preferences, not traits. You know your preferences better than anyone else could.
Quite so. Thanks.

I went on a kind of date with an ENTP guy who lives in South Carolina last night, and he typed me as INTX, so it's probably what I am. I agreed with his reasoning.

Yeah, now that I've observed you a little more closely, I think you are an xNTP for sure, greenfairy. How did you come to doubt that?
Well when I first came on the site, I had decided I was an atypical INTP, in that I am into mysticism and have made a big effort to develop my functions more than most. I set about explaining it, and my theories as to why. The response I got: "OMG you are not INTP, you are obviously INFP or possibly INFJ." People argued with me relentlessly that I was not what I thought I was, so because I am concerned with the truth and objectivity, I decided to investigate the possibility that I was just looking at things from a biased perspective and they might be right. So I researched types obsessively and found myself in several, and kept finding things which contradicted each other. Finally, I kept getting consistent test results and things kept pointing me in this direction, so I just decided it was probably right.

Lesson learned: don't try to convince INTP's something which is outside of their Ti framework.

On the bright side, I learned a lot about typology, and I understand Fi better now. :)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Paying for mbti is like paying for astrology.
Probably. I actually know enough about astrology I could probably charge for it, but I'd feel kind of bad doing it. I'd have to charge a discounted rate just because I feel like they could find the information on their own.

I payed 60 dollars to be typed as an INFP.

I read Dario Nardi and realized I am the Fi dom (IxFP) but am quicker to action and less adept at deep listening than the INFP; the ISFP is quicker to do and shorter to listen.

I'd pay someone in person to confirm that, I guess. Probably that person would be Dario Nardi, though, not MBTI, cuz they'd probably just say INFP again.

It's funny because in Keirsey I also relate more to the Artisan temperament. As a child, I was always singing and dancing, choreographing things with my friends, making tapes singing, decorating, loved art class, went into talent shows...I completely comprise the Artisan child and young adult, but simply have the humanitarian impulse of the Jungian Fi dom, which most people confuse for being "NF" and I actually blame Keirsey for this, ironically.

On a deeper read, though, I'm not human resources, I'm entertainment and hands on maintenance. It's what I do.

That's unfortunate. The person obviously didn't really know what they were doing, if they didn't understand the difference between N and S. I consider myself adequate at identifying sensors, and I have no "hate" or criticism for them; several of my best friends are sensors. And you do seem ISFP to me. (Of course, all hipsters are ISFP. ;) )

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well when I first came on the site, I had decided I was an atypical INTP, in that I am into mysticism and have made a big effort to develop my functions more than most. I set about explaining it, and my theories as to why.

I've also put a lot of effort into developing my other functions, which I expect throws people off.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I'd like to get certified. Maybe I could make some money. Although I'd be a hypocrite if I charged more than what I thought was reasonable to pay...and my Ne sees so many possibilities it would be hard for me to make a decision. But I don't think typing decisions should be made quickly.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're still kind of new at this stuff, it would probably be good for at least unveiling something you hadn't thought of before.

I haven't taken anything that needs money, yet. I'm still very slightly thinking of taking the actual MBTI instrument even though at this point it's just out of a more ridiculous curiosity (and more of what it's like, than the actual result)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're still kind of new at this stuff, it would probably be good for at least unveiling something you hadn't thought of before.

I haven't taken anything that needs money, yet. I'm still very slightly thinking of taking the actual MBTI instrument even though at this point it's just out of a more ridiculous curiosity (and more of what it's like, than the actual result)
From what I remember it's just like what you would find on the internet except longer and sometimes more extreme in the choices, so you feel even worse about picking one when you're not sure.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I charge 30 bucks, because my insight is worth paying for.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There are better things to do with your money than to pay for psuedoscientific fluff that doesn't even engage you in any way.

Mole

Permabanned
Probably. I actually know enough about astrology I could probably charge for it

I listen to an astrologer in radio 2UE on Sunday night. This astrologer is highly skilled at manipulating the minds and feelings of vulnerable people.

And in the prentense of providing information, the astrologer predicts the future. And of course the astrologer is well paid.

It is unconscionable.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Have you ever had the value of your insight tested using the scientific method?

Yes. Not with any pad and paper, but trial and error. Take a look at my personality for a minute and think about how right I am.

I can even quote articles that say my type makes the best psychologists.

I'll do it right now, one sec.

Mole

Permabanned
Yes. Not with any pad and paper, but trial and error. Take a look at my personality for a minute and think about how right I am.

I can even quote articles that say my type makes the best psychologists.

I'll do it right now, one sec.

You make it plain you don't understand the scientific method, you have never had your insight tested using the scientific method, but still you make the false claim you have had your insight tested by the scientific method.

And you have the chutzpah to charge the vulnerable for your insights.

Do you actually have any scientific qualifications?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
edit: ok so they edited it out. but it said that SLE-Ti's make great psychologists in the wikisocion subtype article... *scratches back of head and looks around uncomfortably*

But seriously, ESTP 8w7. In other words, my personality orbits the idea that I need to know what everyone is thinking at all times (E8 need for control + E7 cerebral defense posture + ESTP people reading abilities, trial and error understanding of the world forms a subjective yet objective understanding of the world). If there was a practical psychologist, I'm the personality to go to.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
You make it plain you don't understand the scientific method, you have never had your insight tested using the scientific method, but still you make the false claim you have had your insight tested by the scientific method.

I understand the scientific method very plainly. I just don't feel the need to record everything and write my hypotheses down.

I only believe things that yield predictable results. The very essense of ESTP is trial and error. I'm a "Show me" kind of person. That in itself is the purpose of the scientific method.

And you have the chutzpah to charge the vulnerable for your insights.

Do you actually have any scientific qualifications?

I have 1100+ subscribers on youtube if that means anything to you.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
My very thought process is the scientific method.

Hypothesis

experimentation

conclusion.

If you're going to go paranoid Te on me and tell me I need to state my control, independent, and dependant variables, then write everything down and send it to... MBTI university for verification, then so be it. By your definition I am a fraud.

Mole

Permabanned
If there was a practical psychologist, I'm the personality to go to.

May I ask what Psychological Association are you a member of? And what are your qualifications in Psychology? And which institution granted your qualifications in Psychology?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
May I ask what Psychological Association are you a member of? And what are your qualifications in Psychology? And which institution granted your qualifications in Psychology?

The same university as bill gates and steve jobs

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I listen to an astrologer in radio 2UE on Sunday night. This astrologer is highly skilled at manipulating the minds and feelings of vulnerable people.

And in the prentense of providing information, the astrologer predicts the future. And of course the astrologer is well paid.

It is unconscionable.

I don't do that kind. I draw up a chart and then tell you things about yourself, and answer personal questions.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
From your standpoint, yes. I suppose I could be making all kinds of random shit up.

For all we know it could be my dream to run a cult, in which I then brainwash to form my personal army of ninja warriors who are typology literate and able to read minds.

Yes... I could be that person.

What's the big deal?