• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elfboy's gut fix

Elfboy's Gut Fix

• 9w1

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 9w8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1w9

• 1w2

• 8w7

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • 8w9

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been reconsidering it as of late.
thoughts?
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] [MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] [MENTION=12223]Viridian[/MENTION]
I summon thee!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't see 9 at all, don't see 1 at all. Could see 8w9, but the descriptions I've read of 8w7 sound a lot more like you.

*returns to magic lamp*

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8w7 seems obvious, but I tend to see you as 7w8 anyway. It's the only way I can account for a 3ishness about you at times (because I think tri-fix is BS). 7w6s just don't seem so blustery. There's a cut-throat attitude & bravado in 7w8s at times that looks like 3 competitive & status-oriented image-focus. 7w6s seem much more upbeat - the happy & positive 7. Sorry, I know you didn't ask about core type :D .

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
given [MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION], [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] and my best friend IRL all type me as 9w8 fixed, these results are surprising

It's hard to say, Elfboy. You're all nervous energy (head fix) and persona (heart fix) on here. At the very least, I'd rearrange your tritype to 7w6 > 3w4 > ?w?

I'll think some more and post later.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Given TGO's history of mistyping and typing by gut instead of by evidence, I wouldn't put more weight on his opinion than everyone else's. :alttongue: Of course, my reasoning there is very SJ-biased.

Why would you think you have a 9 fix? I see absolutely no 9 in you. None whatsoever!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard to say, Elfboy. You're all nervous energy (head fix)
interesting. my neuroticism level on Big 5 is basically zero. I've always thought I was fairly grounded for a head type and people I've known IRL have typically agreed with me.

and persona (heart fix) on here. At the very least, I'd rearrange your tritype to 7w6 > 3w4 > ?w?
I'll think some more and post later.
you're confusing the narcissistic self promotion and shallow emotional affect of Enneagram 7 (particularly when less healthy) and attention demanding tendencies of Sx with the genuine sensitivity, desire for acceptance and positive reputation of the image triad.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's hard to say, Elfboy. You're all nervous energy (head fix) and persona (heart fix) on here.
Yep. IMO even more persona than anything else, which is why I still kinda think 3>7>?

Closest I can think is what I perceive to be an attraction, in friendships and relationships, to those weaker than himself, so he can protect them. I also see an aggressive, defiant energy there, that distinguishes that protectiveness than the similar kind of protectiveness you see in type 1 and type 9. Whether that's a projected image or not, it's an image that I've seen big time in every type 8 I've ever met.

(Side note: One big argument against 1w9/1w2 is that then he'd have the same tritype as me. And we really don't vibe the same at all.)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yep. IMO even more persona than anything else, which is why I still kinda think 3>7>?
Closest I can think is what I perceive to be an attraction, in friendships and relationships, to those weaker than himself, so he can protect them. I also see an aggressive, defiant energy there, that distinguishes that protectiveness than the similar kind of protectiveness you see in type 1 and type 9. Whether that's a projected image or not, it's an image that I've seen big time in every type 8 I've ever met.

if you haven't taken a look at this thread
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/head-centers/62829-what-type-7-really-about.html

I recommend it. you'll probably notice a lot of negative E7 tendencies that are typically attributed to 3 (narcissism, fraudulence, entitlement etc). 3s are much more, for lack of a better word, "tempered", more aware of how others perceive them and more adept at crafting an image held in high regard by their peers (compare that to my posts on this forum. I make a complete fool of myself :laugh: )

I don't know. Gut types are naturally inclined to being or doing. I see very little evidence of just plain will to action in you.

As for what you said about image types, I see both bluster (which you attribute to type 7 narcissism and sx instinct) and a desire for acceptance in you. My opinion wasn't based solely on your Lord Elfboy the Magnificent, Warrior of Dark Mana schtick. :alttongue:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. Gut types are naturally inclined to being or doing. I see very little evidence of just plain will to action in you.
well, I am an Ne dom 7w6 (specifically 7w6 Sx, which is the most prone to far off fantasizing of the 7s) and little action is a case against 3 rather than for it (it's one thing I envy about them to be honest)

As for what you said about image types, I see both bluster (which you attribute to type 7 narcissism and sx instinct) and a desire for acceptance in you. My opinion wasn't based solely on your Lord Elfboy the Magnificent, Warrior of Dark Mana schtick. :alttongue:
where do you see this?
keep in mind the difference between "how dare you challenge my ego!" (Id, especially unhealthy 7 and 3w2) and "you don't accept me! fuck you!" (cp6, image triad). having a large ego can, at times, be mistaken for sensitivity or caring about acceptance.

well, I am an Ne dom 7w6 (specifically 7w6 Sx, which is the most prone to far off fantasizing of the 7s) and little action is a case against 3 rather than for it (it's one thing I envy about them to be honest)

where do you see this?
keep in mind the difference between "how dare you challenge my ego!" (Id, especially unhealthy 7 and 3w2) and "you don't accept me! fuck you!" (cp6, image triad). having a large ego can, at times, be mistaken for sensitivity or caring about acceptance.

Nah. I think a lot of the Elfboy show is based on polarizing and alienating the wrong people, and conversely knowing who your friends are/who's worth accepting/whose acceptance is genuine and desirable, and then building that up for all it's worth. It's a kind of counter-culture 3-ish attribute, IMO.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah. I think a lot of the Elfboy show is based on polarizing and alienating the wrong people
exactly, a mistake that a core 3 would not make

and conversely knowing who your friends are/who's worth accepting/whose acceptance is genuine and desirable
not enneagram related (if anything, the quality over quantity approach to friends is related to being Social last)

and then building that up for all it's worth. It's a kind of counter-culture 3-ish attribute, IMO.
counter culture is more 4-ish/6-ish than 3-ish.

that said, feel free to offer more input if you so desire, but we should move this somewhere else. I'm not questioning my core type. this is about my gut fix, which I am more confused about.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably 8, but 783 would make you a triple id - which seems extremely wrong.

You would be almost indistinguishable from an ESTP.

You probably have a strong ego fix somewhere. I'd buy 748.

93JC

Oh, I clicked on this thread thinking you were getting a "tummy tuck". Never mind then.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't see 9 at all, don't see 1 at all. Could see 8w9, but the descriptions I've read of 8w7 sound a lot more like you.

That is my reaction as well. I could see 7w8 but that was not one of the choices.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
given [MENTION=17911]Maybe[/MENTION], [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] and my best friend IRL all type me as 9w8 fixed, these results are surprising

I said I could see 9w8, but I can easily see 8w9 as well. ;)

If I had to cast a vote I'd vote 8w9