• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

TOo much NE

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Lol I never mentioned it being your choice. All I said is that you went to see the doctor and that it was probably the saner path of two.

I was committed 2 years ago I reaaallllyyy didn't have a choice in the matter.

all I'm saying that i wouldn't go to a psychiatrist for the reason you mentioned.

Standuble

I was committed 2 years ago I reaaallllyyy didn't have a choice in the matter.

all I'm saying that i wouldn't go to a psychiatrist for the reason you mentioned.

That's fair enough. In any case underlying mental health issues can make determining your type difficult. I often have issues with neuroticism and the inner emotional storm can cloud my mind and can either make my Fi harder to hear or make it so obeying the Fi becomes too painful. I had a serious issue with this last year when I became strongly infatuated with a colleague of mine. My Fi demanded autonomy whilst my emotions didn't. The function mechanics are from what I understand the cogs of your psyche after the baggage is removed and by detaching yourself from any issues or emotions you may have (even if for just a moment) will allow you to come to gain some indight into determining what your mind prefers to use.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
That's fair enough. In any case underlying mental health issues can make determining your type difficult. I often have issues with neuroticism and the inner emotional storm can cloud my mind and can either make my Fi harder to hear or make it so obeying the Fi becomes too painful. I had a serious issue with this last year when I became strongly infatuated with a colleague of mine. My Fi demanded autonomy whilst my emotions didn't. The function mechanics are from what I understand the cogs of your psyche after the baggage is removed and by detaching yourself from any issues or emotions you may have (even if for just a moment) will allow you to come to gain some indight into determining what your mind prefers to use.

yeah unfortunatley what i have is progressive so before it got to the point it is now I was clearly INFP and meds do help to a point but i go off them at times and have worse and worse episodes and each time I swear my Ne becomes stronger after.

Standuble

yeah unfortunatley what i have is progressive so before it got to the point it is now I was clearly INFP and meds do help to a point but i go off them at times and have worse and worse episodes and each time I swear my Ne becomes stronger after.

Hmm, you say you were clearly INFP yet was not able to relate to my experiences of Fi-dominance mentioned in the previous post? Perhaps my descriptions and understanding of it are off the mark. In any case keep reading up about the functions. You type has not changed so if you exhibited INFPness (whatever that is) at many points in your life rather than in just isolated periods then you probably are one.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So then in the system someone once mentioned in which the functions aren't strictly tied to type, you could be an Ne dominant introvert. I don't necessarily subscribe to that theory, but I think the truth is close to it in that functions are kind of fluid.

As a former "Ne dominant introvert," I offer pillow slaps for anyone who even dare use the expression, even if you yourself don't fully subscribe to it. It's like saying you cooked a pepperoni-dominant vegetarian pizza, it just doesn't work that way (and no, the pepperoni isn't synthetic). The functions are sort of fluid, but you can't be an extraversion-dominant introvert. I think what you brought up about ADD is a valid point though, just because Ne is so often mixed up with ADD or just general mental chaos (and this is why some people also mistake it to be a problem)...... it's actual intuition, despite sometimes having odd ways about it.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a former "Ne dominant introvert," I offer pillow slaps for anyone who even dare use the expression, even if you yourself don't fully subscribe to it. It's like saying you cooked a pepperoni-dominant vegetarian pizza, it just doesn't work that way (and no, the pepperoni isn't synthetic). The functions are sort of fluid, but you can't be an extraversion-dominant introvert. I think what you brought up about ADD is a valid point though, just because Ne is so often mixed up with ADD or just general mental chaos (and this is why some people also mistake it to be a problem)...... it's actual intuition, despite sometimes having odd ways about it.
Yeah. I don't really think it's a good system, whatever it is. It does seem kind of contradictory.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*mod edit: rude personal comment removed*

Last edited by a moderator:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
example of what i'm like 90% of the time in a stable state or mostly stable state:

personally not knowing a lot i feel i come across as more subdued but eh that could mean nothing

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*mod edit: rude personal comment removed*

Heh, I don't know what it was. But I get those rude personal comments directed at me several times a day. Here.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
interesting, no one comments after I post a video, interesting hmmm, ah well moving on.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
interesting, no one comments after I post a video, interesting hmmm, ah well moving on.

can i pick INFP? you're definitely in the family ( :) ) but you speak soo slowly it's exasperating to me and for this reason alone i'm going to get you off the ENFP branch :p

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
can i pick INFP? you're definitely in the family ( :) ) but you speak soo slowly it's exasperating to me and for this reason alone i'm going to get you off the ENFP branch :p

crazy thing is when I was little i'd speak so fast no one could understand me. might be overcompensation