• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firelord Vetani seeks your help finding his inner fire. Click here to ignite!

R

Riva

You are a hard person to type. Though I don't know you much your personality and presence is easily noticeable. However I still find it hard to type you. The closest I can come to is a estp female who is extremely comfortable here in the forum, (especially with a few people) who doesn't mind making/having issues with others. The last part is what adds to the confusion. Estps (esp females) indicate a clear desire to appear acceptable which you seem to lack (with the overall community). However you do seem to have this need with a chosen few and would readily get bitchy when your image is publicly threatened (but overall you have a 'i don't give a shit cus this is who I am' attitude). So maybe you are an obvious sx/so? And I wouldn't have been surprised if you were a counterphobic e6w7.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You are a hard person to type. Though I don't know you much your personality and presence is easily noticeable. However I still find it hard to type you. The closest I can come to is a estp female who is extremely comfortable here in the forum, (especially with a few people) who doesn't mind making/having issues with others. The last part is what adds to the confusion. Estps (esp females) indicate a clear desire to appear acceptable which you seem to lack (with the overall community). However you do seem to have this need with a chosen few and would readily get bitchy when your image is publicly threatened (but overall you have a 'i don't give a shit cus this is who I am' attitude). So maybe you are an obvious sx/so? And I wouldn't have been surprised if you were a counterphobic e6w7.

Oh Riva.

Whenever I read your posts I'm like "What the hell is he trying to say?"

So you're saying I'm like a certain female ESTP (I assume it's [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] you're referring to); and that I lack this need to seek approval from others. And you're saying I get readily bitchy if my ego or image is threatened.

While I don't really need approval from members here, I only get bitchy if I'm feeling confrontational. I'm not as reactive as before -- gotta keep up that composure, yo'.

I was considering 6w7, but then I have a friend who's 6 and she knows a bit of enneagram + MBTI as well. She knows me the best out of everyone else on earth and she says I'm nothing like her. She said that I care more about what people think of me and how I want to be seen as an individual. And I don't freak out as easily as she does. :p

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

lol You're in an ESTP thread, get used to it!

[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]

the masks thing is an e3 trait. They often feel they need to give each person what that person wants in order to be appreciated.

Didn't you type as 8 at one point? What happened there? I don't know enough about you to type you.

random aside that must be shared:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION], I don't know very much about the characters you described because I don't play world of warcraft.

Have you tried any of the other typical estp enneagrams like E7?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

the masks thing is an e3 trait. They often feel they need to give each person what that person wants in order to be appreciated.

Didn't you type as 8 at one point? What happened there? I don't know enough about you to type you.

I dropped 8 because I'm not really openly aggressive about controlling my surroundings. My room on the other hand, is a different story.

I don't really want to control people either because it's tiring; I'd rather persuade them to do things than to outright control them. This way, they are more likely to do what you say, since you put it nicely and you don't have waste your energy watching over them all the time.

Have you tried any of the other typical estp enneagrams like E7?

I was thinking about 7 the other time but it's like ugh. I'm more composed and uptight as compared to the 7s around here. Compare [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION].

You'll find that I'm closer to bologna than Mane.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I dropped 8 because I'm not really openly aggressive about controlling my surroundings. My room on the other hand, is a different story.

I don't really want to control people either because it's tiring; I'd rather persuade them to do things than to outright control them. This way, they are more likely to do what you say, since you put it nicely and you don't have waste your energy watching over them all the time.

I was thinking about 7 the other time but it's like ugh. I'm more composed and uptight as compared to the 7s around here. Compare [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION].

You'll find that I'm closer to bologna than Mane.

Neither am I.

Remember, E8's fear is "of being harmed or controlled." To me, the biggest way this manifests is how judgemental I am around new people. If its someone who is going to disrespect me or turn on me, I cut them out of my life forever. (This is actually a learned trait I've only implementented about 6 months ago.) Its not that I'm in peoples' faces screaming at them all the time aggression, its just that my actions are aggressive in themselves. I make absolute decisions.

It comes in other ways. Compared to my E3 business partner, I'm a very cautious and paranoid individual. He's an ENFJ 3, and he trusts everyone in business and just says, "LETS DO THIS! HOORAY BUSINESS!" While I am telling him to slow the fuck down and I'm reminding him constantly that 90% of people in business will screw you over and you need to tread carefully.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Yeah I was thinking that you were an ESTP but then I saw this shit...

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I need to see the whole picture; a general outline of what the material is about, before I can zoom in. It's like when you're looking at a picture of a person, you see the their visage first, and then as I look closer, I begin to see the tiny wrinkles and pores that make up that person's face. So it's a little like a jigsaw puzzle.

Give me how the puzzle looks like, and then I will see the different creases that link to each other, and then I'll take it all out and piece it back together to my understanding.

Seeing how everything relates to "the big picture" is an Ne dom thing. The ESTP's almost never see the big picture. They are so wrapped up in the moment that they aren't worrying about what's gonna happen years from now. In fact, most ESTP's that I have known find it counter-intuitive to see the big picture. The Se dom philosophy in life is to things as they come, because we can never know what tomorrow brings.

In addition, you seem like you're the type of person who spends hours upon hours in your head analyzing things and trying to make sense of everything. This is not an ESTP thing. The ESTP way is to take pure action in a situation and they literally think while doing. Again, most ESTP's find it counter-intuitive to just sit there and analyze all day. The ESTP is much more gut-centered, and the ENTP tends to be more head-centered.

You also probably have a strong 6 fix because you said this...

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Generally I think about:

- what I stand to gain out of a said decision
- what are the pros and cons
- what could go wrong if I act on a said decision
- what the different alternatives are available other than the said decision
- what to do when shit happens
- hope for the best

My mind is very paranoid.

I'd also like to question why you believe yourself to be sx/so as opposed to so/sx. You seem to be very content in a group and tend to be the "go with the group" sort of person. This is more of a so/sx thing.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yeah I was thinking that you were an ESTP but then I saw this shit...

Seeing how everything relates to "the big picture" is an Ne dom thing. The ESTP's almost never see the big picture. They are so wrapped up in the moment that they aren't worrying about what's gonna happen years from now. In fact, most ESTP's that I have known find it counter-intuitive to see the big picture. The Se dom philosophy in life is to things as they come, because we can never know what tomorrow brings.

But it's like, I visualize everything so that I can literally see the picture. I think in images and I need that picture to make sense of what I'm seeing. It's the whole reason why I was never good at math.

In addition, you seem like you're the type of person who spends hours upon hours in your head analyzing things and trying to make sense of everything. This is not an ESTP thing. The ESTP way is to take pure action in a situation and they literally think while doing. Again, most ESTP's find it counter-intuitive to just sit there and analyze all day. The ESTP is much more gut-centered, and the ENTP tends to be more head-centered.

I've been told I overanalyze things, and that I'm much better functioning when I'm doing something.

You also probably have a strong 6 fix because you said this...
That, I won't contest.

I'd also like to question why you believe yourself to be sx/so as opposed to so/sx. You seem to be very content in a group and tend to be the "go with the group" sort of person. This is more of a so/sx thing.

I do it out of harmony. I don't really like groups as much as I like one-on-one convos, though.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

But it's like, I visualize everything so that I can literally see the picture. I think in images and I need that picture to make sense of what I'm seeing. It's the whole reason why I was never good at math.

But how do you visualize things? Does this mean that you see things in your mind's third eye or do you just need a visual reference to do things?

I've been told I overanalyze things, and that I'm much better functioning when I'm doing something.

But what is your go-to thing: to analyze things or to just take action?

I do it out of harmony. I don't really like groups as much as I like one-on-one convos, though.

But why is harmony important to you?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

But how do you visualize things? Does this mean that you see things in your mind's third eye or do you just need a visual reference to do things?

It's like... I need a visual reference to base something off.

But what is your go-to thing: to analyze things or to just take action?

Depends; usually when I act it's always been thought through -- the consequences, the result, etc

But why is harmony important to you?

I guess it's because my mother constantly scolded me as a kid because I had an attitude, and that no one will like me if I kept on with this attitude. I want to be liked. >.>

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Neither am I.

Remember, E8's fear is "of being harmed or controlled." To me, the biggest way this manifests is how judgemental I am around new people. If its someone who is going to disrespect me or turn on me, I cut them out of my life forever. (This is actually a learned trait I've only implementented about 6 months ago.) Its not that I'm in peoples' faces screaming at them all the time aggression, its just that my actions are aggressive in themselves. I make absolute decisions.

It comes in other ways. Compared to my E3 business partner, I'm a very cautious and paranoid individual. He's an ENFJ 3, and he trusts everyone in business and just says, "LETS DO THIS! HOORAY BUSINESS!" While I am telling him to slow the fuck down and I'm reminding him constantly that 90% of people in business will screw you over and you need to tread carefully.

Well to be fair, your partner IS an ENFJ... they're less paranoid and better with people generally.

With new people I can be judgmental but I keep my judgments to myself. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt because I want to see them unfold over time.

I used to make absolute decisions, but then I learned that it turns people off. What I usually do is to tell them what I prefer, and then if that doesn't happen it's alright, there are other alternative available (usually it's me that propose them). I find that I change my mind way too often and I recognize that people would too... so yeah.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

It's like... I need a visual reference to base something off.

Well I'm also a very visual person. That doesn't really tell me much.

Depends; usually when I act it's always been thought through -- the consequences, the result, etc

This isn't ESTP. An ESTP acts first and asks questions later.