• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difficult Types to Type

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Which is the most difficult MBTI type call to make? Is it ISFP?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, it's definately ISTP. I might be a TiNi-looper, but I could just as easily be a classic INTP; I'm not sure which is right. ISTP is the most confusing and unpredictable type. They are rational yet adventurous, and calculating yet spontaneous. One moment they may be doing nothing, and then the next moment they spring into sudden action. They like to observe things, and they also like to think about things. ISTPs craft clever solutions to complex problems.

By the way, I just looked at your very provacative signature [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION], and I am definately repulsed!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, it's definately ISTP. I might be a TiNi-looper, but I could just as easily be a classic INTP; I'm not sure which is right. ISTP is the most confusing and unpredictable type. They are rational yet adventurous, and calculating yet spontaneous. One moment they may be doing nothing, and then the next moment they spring into sudden action. They like to observe things, and they also like to think about things. ISTPs craft clever solutions to complex problems.

By the way, I just looked at your very provacative signature [MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION], and I am definately repulsed!

You mean the Family Guy quote in the middle? Yes, Family Guy is repulsive. That's why it's so popular - just like yours truly.

As for "They are rational yet adventurous, and calculating yet spontaneous." Much the same could be said for the ISFPs. They are family-oriented and devoted, but have this desire for adventure that needs to be satiated. These two traits are quite in opposition to each other.

I

Infinite Bubble

I don't think there are any specific types per se, but if someones outward behavior is contradictory to the known stereotypes, they can easily be mistyped by others. But if I were forced to choose, I'd say INFJ. Male ones especially, can look a lot like INTPs/INTJs in my experience.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there are any specific types per se, but if someones outward behavior is contradictory to the known stereotypes, they can easily be mistyped by others. But if I were forced to choose, I'd say INFJ. Male ones especially, can look a lot like INTPs/INTJs in my experience.

You bring up the complicating factor of gender. It IS a known fact that the ISFJ/ESFJ male will act like the socially-accepted male stereotype. This would make typing them more difficult.

S

Society

from my experience - ENFJs.

one type - the mannerism-spectrum to rule them all.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagramwise, type 9. They are said to be the type that often sees themselves in many other types. Type 6 seems to have this tendency too and there is wide varation among the 6s. Phobic vs. counterphobic. SP, SO, and SX 6's can look like completely different people. Counterphobic 6's in particular often look like 8's.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ is pretty misunderstood and I think mistyped as a result of those misunderstandings. I should make a list of everything people have said to describe INFJ because there are a great many conflicting assumptions.

I've noticed a fair amount of confusion with INTPs as well for some reason.

I tend to think that it would be an introverted type that uses a lot of "N", which could actually include the ISFP who has tertiary Ni.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISxP. I just can't. I tend to confuse IRL ENFPs and ISFPs for eachother, and also ENTPs and ISTPs. I don't really know why. :shrug:

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] Really? I could understand ENxPs being the least extroverted extroverts, but I'm having trouble buying an ISFP as a least introverted introvert (ISFJs, OTOH... :D) But that's just been my experience is all. I think I'm just thrown off by Pe.

S

Society

[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] Really? I could understand ENxPs being the least extroverted extroverts, but I'm having trouble buying an ISFP as a least introverted introvert (ISFJs, OTOH... :D) But that's just been my experience is all. I think I'm just thrown off by Pe.

well generally i see the behavior as:
(extroversion) ES - EN - (ambivert) - IS - IN (introversion)​

how would the other letters would into this? i can see IxFJs as more extroverted since Fe actually requires people.. but other then that i am not sure.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISxP. I just can't. I tend to confuse IRL ENFPs and ISFPs for eachother, and also ENTPs and ISTPs. I don't really know why. :shrug:
ISTPs have aspects to them that are very grounded. Both the ENTPs and ISTPs can be risk takers, but it seems like the ENTP takes more risks in idea space while the ISTP can explore risks in the real world, although they tend to be quite thorough in knowing what they are doing, so it looks more like a risk to onlookers, but they tend to have everything under control. Online their ideas seem like some of the most grounded stabilizing the core of an issue that the others take too far afield.

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Most extroverted: ESFJ
Most introverted: INTP
Most extroverted introvert: ISFJ
Most introverted extrovert: ENTP
Most extroverted introverted intuitive: INFJ
Most extroverted intuitive: ENFJ

You're getting the pattern here right?

Most often mistyped: INFJ

Hardest to type: ISTP because the dominant Ti can come off as not only being very intuitive but also because they seem far less introverted than most introverts. Also the ENTP because they seem like an ESTP 25% of the time, an INTP 65% of the time and and ENFP 10% of the time due to the tertiary Fe and the empathy that comes with it.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd say INFJ..
Because they "mask themselves"