• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difficult Types to Type

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well generally i see the behavior as:
(extroversion) ES - EN - (ambivert) - IS - IN (introversion)​

how would the other letters would into this? i can see IxFJs as more extroverted since Fe actually requires people.. but other then that i am not sure.

Are you basing this stuff on theory or experience?

S

Society

Are you basing this stuff on theory or experience?
both are applicable.

edit: ofcourse in this case the basis for your experience with any type depends on the assumption that they are the type you think they are (even if it's on the basis of what that they think they are).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
both are applicable.

edit: ofcourse in this case the basis for your experience with any type depends on the assumption that they are the type you think they are (even if it's on the basis of what that they think they are).

You're basing what you can "see" on the alleged extroversion of the NiFe type. This is the trap of basing reality on theory.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I find INFJ's to be the most common mistype. I've seen INTP's, ISTP's, ENFJ's, ENTJ's, ENTP's, INFP's, ISFJ and ISFP's all think they're INFJ.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I find those with tertiary Ni (ISxPs) and tertiary Ti (IxFJs) are pretty hard to type. In my experience, these types (a little more often than other types) tend to prefer their tertiary function over their aux function, possibly because they prefer to use an introverted function over their extroverted one. The IxFJs may come across as thinkers (I have an ISFJ sister-in-law that really believes she's a thinker, but she uses Ti, not Te), and ISxPs that come off as intuitives. ISFPs in particular, when especially creative and artsy, may be perceived as "N" simply because of their creativity -- but they're artisans!

Also, for some reason, I've mistyped extroverted INTJs as ENTPs. No idea why on that one.