• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
soy-protein.jpg

:unsure:

That'll do, it's about as accurate as any other method.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I REALLY don't think she's INFP. I think she typed as ESFP for awhile, and xSFP seems more likely.

I notice when people change type a lot they often settle on an S type, but sometimes they flip back & forth again later. I notice they get stuck on details for a type, which makes it hard to settle on a best fit.

i talk to her rather frequently, and in a comfortable environment left to her own device [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION] Ne's like there's no tomorrow.

Jumping on the Shorty = ENFP train. The woman is pretty much unadulterated Ne.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What does 'unadulterated Ne' entail? As opposed to the adulterated version? Is it just more...ness?

Mmm. I think there are examples of ENFPs where you can sense Ne being tempered by something else. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], for instance, feels as Fi as she does Ne. [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] comes off as almost as Ne-Fi as she does Ne-Te, interestingly enough. Interacting with Shorty feels like Ne with everything else as something of an after thought. It's just pure motion from idea to idea, concept to concept. She's as much raw Ne as [MENTION=5731]Kalach[/MENTION] is Ni.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't even know if I'm typed correctly. What is type anyway?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

My Ne is adultered by Fi :/
but yea... shy enfp is a good guess, think I consider myself that more often than infp... I just shoot for the Si a lot too. it's usually more fail than I'd like it to be :(....

(I do the crazy ball of Ne thing occasionally too I agree)

S

Society

You'll have to ask them about that.

i didn't mean to accuse you of being the bad test writer... its just that i hear that kind of thing all the time (more along the line of the two later examples) and the logic behind that sort of thinking seems ridiculous - if you need to have reasons for why something isn't working properly due to the circumstances it has to function in, the problem isn't the circumstances, it's the lack of adaptation towards them.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmm. I think there are examples of ENFPs where you can sense Ne being tempered by something else. [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], for instance, feels as Fi as she does Ne. [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] comes off as almost as Ne-Fi as she does Ne-Te, interestingly enough. Interacting with Shorty feels like Ne with everything else as something of an after thought. It's just pure motion from idea to idea, concept to concept. She's as much raw Ne as [MENTION=5731]Kalach[/MENTION] is Ni.

I put a conscious Fi leash on my Ne, as it gets me in trouble otherwise. Sns is indeed very Ne but she is Ne without going in overdrive and that is rather admirable (and yes, resembles INFPs who are going on an Ne bender to connect with people, come to think of it). I know that when I dont put a leash on my Ne, people start running for cover. I kind of feel like the girl with the red shoes who cannot stop dancing. :doh: :unsure:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dear [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION],

How are you today? Jake and I are doing fine. Mary's passing has taken a toll on us all, but we are pulling through. Remember the time we all had on Barbados? The kids still talk about the catamaran your uncle sent us on. I can't remember how many Heroine's I drank that night! Still having trouble finding it here state-side, our beer selection on imports isn't all that...

Give Dan my regards, tell him I am praying for his crops to turn a fair share at market this spring - you all deserve it.

See you in October,

- Jon

P.S. you are definitely INFP.

Dear JTRipper, I'm glad you and your dog are pulling through after the death of the cat.. That's got to be so life changing for everyone. And yea, that Barbados, Indiana trip was wonderful!! I don't know if I'd want to spend the fifteen mile drive in the car again with the kids though! *wink*... oh, Dave and I put the tomato pot in a shadier area so that they will be perfected by the time we see you and Jake in November :).

Me and Dave had a long talk and decided that I'm an ESFP again, ... New type, new me!!
Toodaloo!
By sns.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I put a conscious Fi leash on my Ne, as it gets me in trouble otherwise. Sns is indeed very Ne but she is Ne without going in overdrive and that is rather admirable (and yes, resembles INFPs who are going on an Ne bender to connect with people, come to think of it). I know that when I dont put a leash on my Ne, people start running for cover. I kind of feel like the girl with the red shoes who cannot stop dancing. :doh: :unsure:

you're just really sx.. I have the nervous self pres. type 6 thing going on for sure.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Interesting....so do I come off as unadulterated 'whateverIam-ness'?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

So NOT INFP. That's my main point. But my opinion is the same as it was.

I don't type people based on personas like earthy or whatever. It's how the thinking comes through in expressions. Interaction creates too much bias. Better to just observe.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't type people based on personas like earthy or whatever. It's how the thinking comes through in expressions. Interaction creates too much bias. Better to just observe.

How do you parse out interaction style vs expression style? What distinction are you creating here?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do you parse out interaction style vs expression style? What distinction are you creating here?

I don't know how to explain it because to me the distinction is so obvious. It's like asking me to tell you why orange & blue are not the same color...?

I guess if I used an analogy it's like guessing what someone looks like naked under their clothes. The clothes are much more intentional & can obscure a lot, and it's certainly not a science to "see" behind them without actually seeing behind them. You can guess a body shape even if clothes seem to make it appear otherwise.

So personas & thinking styles are kind of like that, although it's not a great analogy still.

There's just a lot of reading between the lines as to what thinking went into an expresion vs what is being expressed or how it is being expressed. It's like the guessing what a recipe is made of by tasting it. Even that's not really what I'd compare it to, but I can't think of anything else atm.

I think Dario Nardi mentions how people appear to use Ne-ish thinking, for example, but not Ne processes really. People will show styles associated with Ne often in humor & creative "brain-storming", yet, they aren't showing the christmas tree pattern.
I see people attribute random & wacky to Ne a lot, but I don't see the kind of trans contextual thinking in such individuals outside of humor or playful interaction. It doesn't seem like their lens for consciousness, to me. While you cannot see this pattern without such a machine, much as you'd need some special x-ray glasses to see through people's clothes :p, you can see what is not seen through an inferring of sorts.

The reason interaction gets in the way is people begin to see someone in terms of how they feel about them - how they value them. It's like someone becoming more visually attractive because you like them or uglier because you dislike them.

So when I see a person's type questioned & friends come to their "defense" (even no one is being "accused" of anything), it sounds like they are just trying to smooth feelings. They seem to interpret the type questioning as a value attack rather than an observation that has nothing to do with value. This is especially true when suggested the person is S & not N (although that suggests a bias on the part of the "defender"; they are the one attaching more value to N). And sometimes this is done because it's natural to speak in terms of voids when stating why someone may not be a certain type, and that can sound as if you're implying they're lesser or something.

To me, the undertone sounds something like:

"So-and-so is my friend & they seem like X type to me! It's insulting question their identity! I'm defending their type to show I support them!".

Sometimes it involves a rapport they feel, so they think the person must be something more similar to their own type than otherwise suggested. The rapport is also why interaction brings bias in typing.

I'm not particularly interested in discussing shortnsweet's type, honestly (that first post was just an offhand comment), so this post is more general, just FYI.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So does the fact that I am terrible at recognizing these subtle thinking patterns which underlie speech and behavior mean I'm a sensor?

Also [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION], I think occasionally there is a sort of accusation underlying people's questioning of type, although it is admittedly hard to pinpoint. What I respond to (in myself and others) is the assertion that the person in question is incorrect in his reasoning or does not know herself. I think this is more along the lines of an accusation than an observation in many (though not all) cases. In order to make the difference clear a person should be careful of the tone and words they use. This can be especially confusing in conjunction with the same people making derogatory remarks about things said person has posted or things in the person's personality. It all kind of adds up to a negative tone sometimes, which colors everything they say about the subject matter.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know how to explain it because to me the distinction is so obvious. It's like asking me to tell you why orange & blue are not the same color...?

No, it was requesting a clarification of your terms. One can be perfectly familiar with the color blue, but you still may seek additional interpretation if you and the guy next to you are look at the same object and one calls it “blue” and the other “aoi”. Most concepts happen to be obvious when given proper explanation.

Case in point:

There's just a lot of reading between the lines as to what thinking went into an expresion vs what is being expressed or how it is being expressed. It's like the guessing what a recipe is made of by tasting it. Even that's not really what I'd compare it to, but I can't think of anything else atm.

That’s what all “typing” amounts to, isn’t it? You take a behavior your or pattern of behavior and reverse engineer it to see how a person came to it. I’m pretty sure this is what everyone does…

I'm not particularly interested in discussing shortnsweet's type, honestly (that first post was just an offhand comment), so this post is more general, just FYI.

Oh good. If it has no bearing on this conversation, I can safely ignore the entire, presumptuous latter half of your post. Saves me time and energy.