• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's cut to the chase..... who on this forum thinks there is such a shortage of correctly typed people that it makes sense to list them?

Because the thread on mistyped forum members has lasted so long. I based the creation of this thread on that one.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I try to explain how I think of them in terms of behaviors and motivations for behavior, and how to identify them, but then people keep saying I'm being too general and saying it could just as easily be something else, not everyone is like that, yada yada yada.

If you can't categorize things according to letters and CF's, then what's the point? There is no system apart from that, and it doesn't in any way translate into anything outside of your head if you can't make generalizations which are observable. Either people of a certain type behave a certain way or they don't, and in the latter case, the system is worthless. And as far as processing information goes, there has to be some way of knowing how someone processes information.

Well, at least personally, I do not believe external behavior has much of a place in a discussion about internal cognitive patterns. People of a certain type may share certain likely behaviors, but the point of cognitive assessment is in describing how one thinks, not how one behaves. It is not necessarily useful in the external world, but it is useful when tracing the roots of why people internally see things the way they do. To me, its usefulness is mostly in predicting and analyzing interpersonal conflict.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, but as for the OP, I think it is usually easy to identify the ones who are not because they change and question their type with regularity.

There are probably some who are mistyped and have been for a very long time, but I have a hard time identifying those.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, but as for the OP, I think it is usually easy to identify the ones who are not because they change and question their type with regularity.

There are probably some who are mistyped and have been for a very long time, but I have a hard time identifying those.

I've noticed that people often get attached to what they've seen here over a period of time (I don't know if this is human, or a feature of Si, I'm inclined to say it's just human laziness, since an Si dom was perceptive enough to change his opinion of me (DEPLORABLE FLUFFY ENFP!!! ...to ...you know what? You're an ISFP. You are not what I would call an extrovert in any real sense of the word (as he interprets it) and everything about you is Se. Also something about I think if he had to talk to an NF as long as he spent talking to me he'd probably kill himself.)

I see very few to zero people on PC suggesting I'm ENFP, most say ESFP if they question my type at all, and on Keirsey someone gave me as example of Artisan language in a some thread where she was trying to contrast our experiences as teens or attitude toward school or something, I don't even remember now.

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think being an Se/Fi or Fi/Se type is probably why I bug an unnatural number of self-typed INTJs on the Internet.
THIS IS SO...
unreal_technology1.jpg

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

:mad: Stop making fun of me! :boohoo:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've noticed that people often get attached to what they've seen here over a period of time (I don't know if this is human, or a feature of Si, I'm inclined to say it's just human laziness, since an Si dom was perceptive enough to change his opinion of me (DEPLORABLE FLUFFY ENFP!!! ...to ...you know what? You're an ISFP. You are not what I would call an extrovert in any real sense of the word (as he interprets it) and everything about you is Se. Also something about I think if he had to talk to an NF as long as he spent talking to me he'd probably kill himself.)

I see very few to zero people on PC suggesting I'm ENFP, most say ESFP if they question my type at all, and on Keirsey someone gave me as example of Artisan language in a some thread where she was trying to contrast our experiences as teens or attitude toward school or something, I don't even remember now.

:laugh: Maybe Si is involved to a certain extent, but I feel like it's mostly just human. We can only remember so much in terms of little facts over time about people.

:mad: Stop making fun of me! :boohoo:

:laugh: You are by no means the one and only, nor is it a shameful thing. It indicates you have the self-awareness to keep searching. Some people are lucky in figuring out their types quickly, but I took years, myself. I do question when people who rapidly change their type speak for a type they just switched to, but I think that may be part of the identification process, anyway.

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Other people have noticed it, not just me. I don't know what goes on with that, or if the people in question are mistyped or what.

Maybe people want something like "I didn't have it yet."

S

Society

they are almost always along the same lines:

S mistyping as N
F males mistyping as T
T females mistyping as F
EN mistyping as IN
IS mistyping as ES

by far P/J mistypings seem to be the rarest... and yet I/E is the only one accepted by behavioral psychology, "cause of test consistency"... how the fuck did that happen? go figure.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] I know my enneagram is wrong (I'm just too lazy to change it- that and I don't really "get" enneagram as well as I do MBTI so I'm not sure about the wings and whatevers) but I'm curious to know what you think I am instead of a 4. Which I'm pretty sure I'm not, now.

S

Society

[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] I know my enneagram is wrong (I'm just too lazy to change it- that and I don't really "get" enneagram as well as I do MBTI so I'm not sure about the wings and whatevers) but I'm curious to know what you think I am instead of a 4. Which I'm pretty sure I'm not, now.

i remember thinking you're a 6w5 with a strong wing, i just don't remember what was the basis of my conclusion but i do remember i had one at some point... but it was mostly my impression from vent, which you haven't done in a very long time. its also worth mentioning that if you were a 9w1 or a 1w9 i might not be able to easily distinguish between elements of that and your social role as a mod (and i didn't know you before you became a mod).

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Heh. There is no "before I became a mod," at least not on this forum. Haight asked me to help him create it. It's his baby, though.

But anyway, yeah, I think that does get in the way. It's extra complicated because I am not very comfortable as an authority figure (my kids could tell you that).

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because the thread on mistyped forum members has lasted so long. I based the creation of this thread on that one.

But they also tend to go on and on about the same mistyping/person for a while at times........

So are you looking for a listing of people who haven't been mentioned at all in that thread? ;)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But they also tend to go on and on about the same mistyping/person for a while at times........

So are you looking for a listing of people who haven't been mentioned at all in that thread? ;)

My thread title is a bit sarcastic or wry. I'm saying that there's hardly anybody on this forum who hasn't been questioned on type. It doesn't have to be in that other thread exactly.

And [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] said one of the issues is F males mistyping as T. However, in [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]'s case you have a T male mistyping as F.

I've gone through my share of being questioned here. Part of the problem is basing a type call on some evidence while ignoring any evidence to the contrary; people are complex enough that it is always possible to gather enough evidence to change one's call.

Another problem is JCF which has ruined everybody's ability to make a proper type call. Yet another, related to the first one I mentioned above, is the MBTI itself which tries to use static, 19th century-style categories to pin down a dynamic, ineffable structure.