• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] is up there too as well (considering pretty much every F type in existence), so takes some pressure off of me.

Yeah but i'm trying to get my stupid mind to understand the concept of not caring about something. So I can put my type behind me......as long as he doesn't have a weapon.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't understand what it is about Pi and Je that would tend to make someone more sure of their type; it seems like it'd be the opposite to me. Or is it that P types are more open about their uncertainty, considering the way Pe gathers information?

I'm mixing shit up, methinks. Maybe the only thing wrong with my understanding here is my "seeming," and it's not actually this way at all...? Hmmph.

All I know is that it's taken me years to situate myself in ISFJ-land with reasonable comfortability and confidence, and it makes sense to me how Si has/had contributed to the nature of the difficulties I had in finding my type.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]

I REALLY don't think she's INFP. I think she typed as ESFP for awhile, and xSFP seems more likely.

I notice when people change type a lot they often settle on an S type, but sometimes they flip back & forth again later. I notice they get stuck on details for a type, which makes it hard to settle on a best fit.

----

Most of the prominent INFPs seem correctly typed, however, save a few. A few may be ISFP too.
People seem to think being wacky means N, but it doesn't. SPs especially can seem wacky & weird & I know a lot of ESxJs who wield Ne in their humor a lot. It's a matter of not confusing some traits with a whole mindset.

I don't necessarily think most are mistyped or very far off from their type though (perhaps just I/E confusion or something like that). The vibe here is quite different from other message boards I have frequented. I really do think it's genuinely dominated by iNtuitive dom/aux types here.

S

Society

I REALLY don't think she's INFP. I think she typed as ESFP for awhile, and xSFP seems more likely.

i talk to her rather frequently, and in a comfortable environment left to her own device [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION] Ne's like there's no tomorrow. i think she really likes the idea of thinking of herself as a sensor - in the basic non-function-based misconception of of of S vs. N that you have in the community, where N's are the misunderstood high-brow snowflakes and S's are the humble populace, she has a view of herself that's more fitting with the later, and that's the image she displays. but if you go by function analysis she is very Ne, almost as much as she is Fi - almost. she can use both without exhaustion, which suggests that if we accept ambiverts to be a real thing (and i am not convinced that it is), she would be one.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Without reading this thread, I will give my opinion.

I'm sure there are people typed correctly, but not many. It seems like people type themselves on how they want to be, not how they actually are. Although you may know yourself better than anyone else, you probably don't know yourself as well as you think you do. Thus is the paradox of typing (if it even has any merit).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And when I use logic in my justifications people say it's Fi. Go figure.

Anyway, and I should probably just take my type off because I'll probably never be 100% sure of it, no one has answered exactly what the relation is between Ti and being sure of one's type.

I mentioned this in a thread and [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION] said they essentially had no relation to each other; and that was the collective response.

Ok then, I have 5 primary functions instead of 4. Ni,Ne,Ti,Fe,Si. Not always in that order. This has not been proven otherwise either.

Because I'm a special snowflake. :)

I don't say that Fi uses logic. I say that Fi uses personal moral values and represses emotions.

We are all equally special snowflakes, and that's why none of us are special.

But what am I to make out of Ni,Ne,Ti,Fe,Si? INFJ (as I've always said) is the most likely result, with ENTP second most likely. This is because Ni is the top score, while the only judging function with the opposite attitude is Fe. Thus INFJ. That's how the test came out, it's not because I think you're an INFJ.

ENTP comes from Ne being the second highest score, with Ti as the highest judging function of the opposite attitude relative to Ne.

You've also said that your function results vary. This is hardly a novel result of taking the test multiple times. But it would be interesting to compare many different results.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't say that Fi uses logic. I say that Fi uses personal moral values and represses emotions.

We are all equally special snowflakes, and that's why none of us are special.

But what am I to make out of Ni,Ne,Ti,Fe,Si? INFJ (as I've always said) is the most likely result, with ENTP second most likely. This is because Ni is the top score, while the only judging function with the opposite attitude is Fe. Thus INFJ. That's how the test came out, it's not because I think you're an INFJ.

ENTP comes from Ne being the second highest score, with Ti as the highest judging function of the opposite attitude relative to Ne.

You've also said that your function results vary. This is hardly a novel result of taking the test multiple times. But it would be interesting to compare many different results.
Right, and I did say they were not necessarily listed in order. I think Ni and Ne kind of switch back and forth, and Ti and Fe do the same; and usually N is before T and F.

I dunno. That's just what it feels like. I'm not seriously proposing this as a theory. Nor am I arguing for a certain type. As I've said before, I don't really care anymore; I'm just curious if new information comes along. If I'm wrong it's not important enough to me to change it, as I probably won't be sure of anything. So XNTP+INFJ (or the other way around) for now.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right, and I did say they were not necessarily listed in order. I think Ni and Ne kind of switch back and forth, and Ti and Fe do the same; and usually N is before T and F.

I dunno. That's just what it feels like. I'm not seriously proposing this as a theory. Nor am I arguing for a certain type. As I've said before, I don't really care anymore; I'm just curious if new information comes along. If I'm wrong it's not important enough to me to change it, as I probably won't be sure of anything. So XNTP+INFJ (or the other way around) for now.

The new information, which is really not new, is to test for the individual letters separately. They have meanings besides function meanings. For example, Feeling has a group of traits separate from Fe and Fi. And function tests don't even test for P/J or E/I separately.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The new information, which is really not new, is to test for the individual letters separately. They have meanings besides function meanings. For example, Feeling has a group of traits separate from Fe and Fi. And function tests don't even test for P/J or E/I separately.
Well, fwiw, I have never tested as INFJ on an online test. I most often have tested as INTP. Second INTJ, then INFP, then occasionally ENTP or ENTJ.

What exactly are these traits? Because I think I'm in the middle on all the letters. Which is why I go by functions.

S

Society

That's how the test came out

...99% of the justification for the typological communities are set from the fact that current test suck, and the function test has mastered the sucking altogether: have you had a skim at the overall results people had? i've gotten Ni second to my Ne, other people got Te second to their Ti, many people got duels like that all across the board. it simply doesn't ask the best of questions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...99% of the justification for the typological communities are set from the fact that current test suck, and the function test has mastered the sucking altogether: have you had a skim at the overall results people had? i've gotten Ni second to my Ne, other people got Te second to their Ti, many people got duels like that all across the board. it simply doesn't ask the best of questions.

I have not only skimmed the test results, I have studied them closely. They aren't usually as sucky as you make them out to be. Sometimes they are. One of the issues, however, is not the test or the test-maker, but the test-taker who tends to over-analyze and nitpick at every question. Some of them are able to see part of themselves in every answer. I wonder if it takes a highly developed sense of self to get a proper result? If "you" don't know "who you are," then these tests aren't going to help very much.

S

Society

I have not only skimmed the test results, I have studied them closely. They aren't usually as sucky as you make them out to be. Sometimes they are. One of the issues, however, is not the test or the test-maker, but the test-taker who tends to over-analyze and nitpick at every question. Some of them are able to see part of themselves in every answer. I wonder if it takes a highly developed sense of self to get a proper result? If "you" don't know "who you are," then these tests aren't going to help very much.

oh i see, so they are meant to analyze the cognitive functions of those with a sense of self 'highly' developed enough to match their cognitive function output with what the questions assume it would be...

...and there i thought it was meant to test people :doh:

i'll put it right between "the customer was too stupid to understand they liked our product" and "it should fly theoretically, it's not our fault air currents don't work properly".

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I notice when people change type a lot they often settle on an S type, but sometimes they flip back & forth again later. I notice they get stuck on details for a type, which makes it hard to settle on a best fit.

----

Most of the prominent INFPs seem correctly typed, however, save a few. A few may be ISFP too.
People seem to think being wacky means N, but it doesn't. SPs especially can seem wacky & weird & I know a lot of ESxJs who wield Ne in their humor a lot. It's a matter of not confusing some traits with a whole mindset.

I don't necessarily think most are mistyped or very far off from their type though (perhaps just I/E confusion or something like that). The vibe here is quite different from other message boards I have frequented. I really do think it's genuinely dominated by iNtuitive dom/aux types here.

[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] is correct, ( and anyone else who actually interacts with me.) I don't have the anti sensor bias at all, but I have found that most people who are stuck on typing me as sfp are just people who are stuck in the past image I portrayed. (actually, my personality was always similar except that I was shoving "I'M A PRAGMATIC SFP" down everyone's throat so was hard to alter people's views who I don't really talk to. I did notice that people accept changes from N to S better than S to N in a lot of cases.) I wouldn't care much except that Se REALLY could not be farther from the truth for me. I also prefer people interact with me a bit before making definitive judgment calls.

(also, I know this wasn't necessarily directed at me, but I don't remember viewing myself as "wacky".) Also, I haven't changed my type from NFP in 2 years- i'm not "people who change their type all the time". I'm "person who changed from sfp to nfp" and have definitely placed a lot of importance on becoming an S, and continue to do so. (Edit!: Not "becoming an S", just working on those traits so I can be happier/help some of my problems.) (I discovered that I do the Si really well when I'm focused on it.)

if you look into socionics, i'm a storybook delta, very different from the mob of beta NF's crawling around here. Not "quirky" "mysterious" or "weird" or some other things that people like to think of themselves, but still very Ne/Si. Elitism =/= intuition.

unnamed

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know, hmmmm answer this for me: INTJ is to joy what ESFP is to soy?

soy-protein.jpg

:unsure:

W

WALMART

Dear [MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION],

How are you today? Jake and I are doing fine. Mary's passing has taken a toll on us all, but we are pulling through. Remember the time we all had on Barbados? The kids still talk about the catamaran your uncle sent us on. I can't remember how many Heroine's I drank that night! Still having trouble finding it here state-side, our beer selection on imports isn't all that...

Give Dan my regards, tell him I am praying for his crops to turn a fair share at market this spring - you all deserve it.

See you in October,

- Jon

P.S. you are definitely INFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] is correct, ( and anyone else who actually interacts with me.) I don't have the anti sensor bias at all, but I have found that most people who are stuck on typing me as sfp are just people who are stuck in the past image I portrayed. (actually, my personality was always similar except that I was shoving "I'M A PRAGMATIC SFP" down everyone's throat so was hard to alter people's views who I don't really talk to. I did notice that people accept changes from N to S better than S to N in a lot of cases.) I wouldn't care much except that Se REALLY could not be farther from the truth for me. I also prefer people interact with me a bit before making definitive judgment calls.

(also, I know this wasn't necessarily directed at me, but I don't remember viewing myself as "wacky".) Also, I haven't changed my type from NFP in 2 years- i'm not "people who change their type all the time". I'm "person who changed from sfp to nfp" and have definitely placed a lot of importance on becoming an S, and continue to do so. (Edit!: Not "becoming an S", just working on those traits so I can be happier/help some of my problems.) (I discovered that I do the Si really well when I'm focused on it.)

if you look into socionics, i'm a storybook delta, very different from the mob of beta NF's crawling around here. Not "quirky" "mysterious" or "weird" or some other things that people like to think of themselves, but still very Ne/Si. Elitism =/= intuition.

Yeah in Socionics you are so much more Delta and I am so much more Gamma, and it cracks me up that anyone would think that our types should be switched to maintain some kind of faint Si linear sense of comfort; if I'm a Delta, then pigs must have begun flying.

S

Society

to be fair, from a distance, it is an understandable mistake:

Elitism =/= intuition.

even if one isn't into the "N>S" schizm mentality, it would be incredibly difficult to not get that atmosphere everywhere around this community from both ends - the "i am so intelligent but so misunderstood" N vs. the "we are down here on earth keeping it real!" S. its entirely natural that people will absorb that atmosphere, even if they aren't willing to consciously drink the kool aid.

regardless of your type and functions, you do - entirely - vibe of the later, it's the atmosphere you project around you, and from what i've observed much of your value system points towards that direction.

I wouldn't care much except that Se REALLY could not be farther from the truth for me. I also prefer people interact with me a bit before making definitive judgment calls.

you are right that 1on1 and real time interaction would leave people more informed, but most people here don't go on vent or tiny. there are plenty of other social groups and networks here - people exchange FBs, skype, tweets, emails, PMs, write on each other's visitor boards and even know each other in real life, etc... but for people you aren't connected too in any means by that forum, it's perfectly reasonable for them to make conclusions based on the information they have - what they see in the forums. in fact i am sure there are some people here who don't have contacts from here beyond it at all, and would be limited with any conclusion they can reach on anyone exclusively based on what they have from the forum.

and.. well, you don't exactly Ne much in public - if you don't have at least one or two people you are comfortable with, you rarely ever go there. likewise, Se - whether its there or not - isn't as visible in an online medium.

i am not saying OAs correct - function-wise she isn't - and i do get why misconceptions like this can be frustrating (this reminds me of when i thought you're avid sims fan because you played it for a few days), but based on what you display and what material she would have to work from, added with the fact you used to think you are a sensor, it isn't a far reaching misconception.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh i see, so they are meant to analyze the cognitive functions of those with a sense of self 'highly' developed enough to match their cognitive function output with what the questions assume it would be...

...and there i thought it was meant to test people :doh:

i'll put it right between "the customer was too stupid to understand they liked our product" and "it should fly theoretically, it's not our fault air currents don't work properly".

You'll have to ask them about that.