• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is There Anybody On Here Typed Correctly?

S

Society

I've a question for everyone in this thread...

Do you identify with the same type now as you did with your first ever MBTI test (doesn't have to be official)? It seems as if after actually learning the theory, tests are no longer objective. Deep down, there is a subconscious part of you that always picks the answers to the type you think you are at the moment. At least, I've noticed this in myself. Even if I am trying to be totally honest, my results of these tests seem to usually change to the type I am feeling at that moment. Perhaps it is when we are most ignorant that the results are most accurate.

Dunno if anyone will answer this. I'm thinking of making a separate thread so I can have a poll.

i'm with the sandwich-content on that one: as it's own discussion, it has potential. here it will die in the clutter.

i will answer when you make it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am. I used to be more of an INTJ though.

Which title fits you better?
1. Tenacious Visionary oriented towards action
2. Holistic Visionary oriented towards contemplation

Nicodemus

Do you identify with the same type now as you did with your first ever MBTI test (doesn't have to be official)? It seems as if after actually learning the theory, tests are no longer objective. Deep down, there is a subconscious part of you that always picks the answers to the type you think you are at the moment. At least, I've noticed this in myself. Even if I am trying to be totally honest, my results of these tests seem to usually change to the type I am feeling at that moment. Perhaps it is when we are most ignorant that the results are most accurate.

Dunno if anyone will answer this. I'm thinking of making a separate thread so I can have a poll.
http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ll-us-about-your-mbti-testing-experience.html

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I've noticed that people often get attached to what they've seen here over a period of time (I don't know if this is human, or a feature of Si, I'm inclined to say it's just human laziness, since an Si dom was perceptive enough to change his opinion of me (DEPLORABLE FLUFFY ENFP!!! ...to ...you know what? You're an ISFP. You are not what I would call an extrovert in any real sense of the word (as he interprets it) and everything about you is Se. Also something about I think if he had to talk to an NF as long as he spent talking to me he'd probably kill himself.)

I see very few to zero people on PC suggesting I'm ENFP, most say ESFP if they question my type at all, and on Keirsey someone gave me as example of Artisan language in a some thread where she was trying to contrast our experiences as teens or attitude toward school or something, I don't even remember now.

Its not even only this, its like with 16 year olds: following the phase in which they form groups in highschool and decide who belongs to the red team and who to the yellow team.

if someone around age 30 still would wonder if he was typed 'correctly' (whatever that could mean), I'd be quite conviced that he missed the train already. :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an aside, your avatars always seem INFJ to me. They're Ni-like and a bit dark. Slightly macabre humor and aesthetic. I can't say I have ever seen any types besides a few ENFJs (whose avatars tend to be "louder"/"brighter") and ENTPs (whose avatars tend to have more chaos) with avatars like the ones you tend to use. It's a bit odd to type off pictures, I suppose, but they are easier for me to read and remember than aggregate posts.

Oh, yes, I agree with you for Amargith and myself. Perhaps because I'm a fellow Ne-dom, sns doesn't come off as super purely Ne to me. If anything, she seems Ne>Fi>Si to me. Hence her sweetness, perhaps. :)

There was one ENFP who used to come off as super Ne... I will be back, have to go find her username...

Yes, this is how I view myself as well.. I think I'm just most offended about OA's retyping because it assumes that I know nothing about the system or how it works and that I typed myself for being things like.... "wacky"... (...or the "observation" that i'm wacky to begin with-must have read some of my posts in poor mental health and ignored the 75 percent of the time when I had all my wits about me.)

I think [MENTION=7254]Wind-Up Rex[/MENTION] sees me in my more rambley/tangential states where I'm on a big faster moving idea fest... But [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION] catches me on some of my short/stringent Fi/Si loops and also sees a more nervous side of me. I always think of infp's as flavors like meek, righteous, intellectual, insightful and understanding, spacey, uptight, etc... I don't tend to fall neatly into an INFP category at all, even in real life social settings.. I use my Ne mostly when I talk but I think it's still rift with the value system (even if the "value system" can be a bit broad), but still have the slower paced/nervous/ pattern comparison thing of Si... It reigns "pure Ne" in a lot and gets more into specific/neurotic details but not to the extent of some infp's... The dynamic makes me talk/think things through a lot more, I would never be able to be like these changey/hyper very flowey ENFP's. Go through more stops and obstacles with my thinking than a lot of them. I liked [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]'s chart with function orders honestly. Se's have much greater awareness of their lives/ the world/ what's going on around them and therefore better able to follow their ideas and wants a bit better I think... [MENTION=15967]Kayness[/MENTION] is a prime example of how I see a perfect ISFP. Worldly/earthly but also that depthy creative quality where she can take the reality and change it and play with it...

I can't see the world enough to play around with reality like that, I'm more one to consider everything first and hone it down into fine details and whether or not that's realistic.. Normally I observe real life examples and patterns over history in my own experience (a solid S quality) and try to compare and then go back to the Ne uncertainty/flow.. It's some argument between the Fi and Si with the Ne.. It gives me the talkative yet unsure quality that you see on the surface as well. I do tend to speak what's on my mind and do really well with this in writing... More of an extravert quality I guess. I guess windup could think I'm "really" Ne because if you mix the detail/reality check Si with the less realistic open-to-everything-under the sun Ne than the result is someone very perceptive and friendly... (not wacky and random hopefully! Don't work on balancing myself constantly to create that kind of a persona.)

Anyway, ... it's the most reflective analysis of myself that I've come up with so far...

(and as for you skylights, think you may be able to relate to some of this being IEE and also type 6?)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
shortnsweet, why the heck do you think you are in an FiSi loop? At least based on your following comment from my Galactic Super Civilizations Yahweh Vs. Lucifer Existential Game - The Terra Program! thread, Ne seems very much more present in that post than Si!

I wholeheartedly enjoyed this, and I agree with the video. I think raising the dead is kind of like a metaphor for just our state of awareness/ awareness of that which is dead. I don't have any legitimate proof of this, but I have the idea in my head that the people of the world have a better concept of more epic matters that are of concern to God. Even if we're still hateful and prideful, perhaps we feel a heavier weight of the harm we are inflicting- or maybe we just don't know how to interpret these big powerful messages we are receiving. I could be projecting my own journey onto the entire world, or maybe it's just the information I expose myself to. Maybe it's because we all have so much access to everything that we are forced into some broader thinking which in turn brings us to the part of our mind that has a heightened state of awareness of things outside of this dimension. Or maybe this is just the way we were supposed to evolve. Maybe we're all preparing ourselves for a finality of all things physical. Perhaps this idea is silly and we're thinking the way we always have. (Of course there was plenty of this kind of mystical thinking in the past.) This is all rambling/ pure speculation..

A+ for thought provoking video that confirms my beliefs and a bonus of lovely images.

:hifive:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha, well, i'm not in an Fi/Si loop currently... when I get really tired and overwhelmed my thinking gets much smaller and more, "this happened before which made me feel this way so i'm not going to do that again!" I think all the "but maybe!" stuff I say (like in the example post) have an element of Si to them in a lot of cases. hmm... ... well yea this post may not be the best example of where I use Si except for the "my own experience" and considering "legitimate proof" statement but I feel that I use a lot of it in general. That's just too big of a topic to be doing a whole lot of factual speaking, or at least would be a lot of work to do anything but guess.

Edit: "maybe this is all silly." I think many Ne doms wouldn't even consider that or call it a given fact and move on.

shortnsweet, why the heck do you think you are in an FiSi loop? At least based on your following comment from my Galactic Super Civilizations Yahweh Vs. Lucifer Existential Game - The Terra Program! thread, Ne seems very much more present in that post than Si!

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think alot of people who take mbi seriously on the forums are typed accurately, or are pretty close anyways

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whenever I type as ISTP, someone says I'm an INTP, and whenever I type as INTP, someone says I'm an ISTP! How the hell do I know who to trust?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whenever I type as ISTP, someone says I'm an INTP, and whenever I type as INTP, someone says I'm an ISTP! How the hell do I know who to trust?

Trust the Force.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I can't see the world enough to play around with reality like that, I'm more one to consider everything first and hone it down into fine details and whether or not that's realistic.. Normally I observe real life examples and patterns over history in my own experience (a solid S quality) and try to compare and then go back to the Ne uncertainty/flow.. It's some argument between the Fi and Si with the Ne.. It gives me the talkative yet unsure quality that you see on the surface as well. I do tend to speak what's on my mind and do really well with this in writing... More of an extravert quality I guess. I guess windup could think I'm "really" Ne because if you mix the detail/reality check Si with the less realistic open-to-everything-under the sun Ne than the result is someone very perceptive and friendly... (not wacky and random hopefully! Don't work on balancing myself constantly to create that kind of a persona.)

Anyway, ... it's the most reflective analysis of myself that I've come up with so far...

(and as for you skylights, think you may be able to relate to some of this being IEE and also type 6?)

Yes, I suspect that 6 especially causes NFPs to use Si in a more "data" quality than most NFPs, in that we tend to utilize Si more in projecting into the future, so we either end up looking somewhat like NFJs (like me) or Si-heavy INFPs (like you).

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15967]Kayness[/MENTION] is a prime example of how I see a perfect ISFP. Worldly/earthly but also that depthy creative quality where she can take the reality and change it and play with it...

OMG! :wubbie: was away for a while and I came back to this! thank you! :blush:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This thread is a few months old but was reading it after it got linked in another one.... Anyway... I got infp first but I just didn't understand cognitive extroversion like skylights mentioned. I was comparing myself to other way more extroverted es types.

But changed to enfp after a week or two.