• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

School Friend: Passionate, Intense, Definite Type 6. But... MBTI?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Name: *withheld*
How I know her: Mutual friends in school

Interests:
Health care stuff. Biology. Pathogens. Curing diseases and such -- not through being a doctor, but through lab work. She's very dedicated to the cause. Don't even get her started on people who refuse to give their children vaccinations, because she WILL rant at you about it, for an hour.
I'd also say she's interested in any institutional flaw, in any institution. Especially the government, the health care system, and education (be it in the home or in schools).

Personality:
Pros:
Hilarious, self-deprecating, self-referentially awkward sense of humor. Very loyal, very caring. Quick to help in any situation/always wanting to be helpful. Romantic in a 12-year-old girl kind of way, which is pretty cute. Endearing tendency to ramble without noticing that people aren't interested.
Cons:
Very very judgmental, irrational, holds grudges for a very long time even after recognizing that she should never have held the grudge in the first place. Has issues communicating her feelings that may or may not be type-related, but gets angry at people for not being able to read her mind. (Will compare them with her INFJ roommate, who pretty much CAN read her mind, so the comparison is unreasonable.) Has unusually authoritarian moral tendencies; will often say things like "I would never let my children do X", or "If I were President, I would make X illegal", with X being something that most people would either not find terribly offensive, or would believe that individuals have the right to choose to participate in or not participate in. (I'm leaning SFJ or NFP because of this, but I'm unsure about Fi vs. Fe.)
Fluffy side note:
She thinks that if she were a villain, she would be Light Yagami from "Death Note" -- and although I mostly see that as being accurate, she would probably be way too excited about the whole thing, and would instead declare her identity, her goals, etc, to the media, as soon as she got the notebook. And she would probably be pretty long-winded about it all. So... my friend and I decided she would be Mojo Jojo from "The Powerpuff Girls" instead :D

Lifestyle:
She's fairly work-hard/play-hard. The sort of person who loves putting a lot of stuff on her plate, complaining about how stressed she is, and spending 90% of her time holed up in her room/in lab doing work -- but at the same time, the sort of person who bumps and grinds with EVERYONE at the club and leaves with several phone numbers and business cards. (This is a major reason for my friends and I deciding that she's a counterphobic 6.) Quick to pick people up and then drop them, in romantic relationships, but not nearly so quick with friendships.

Personality typing history:
Tested as ENTJ, but nearly 50/50 on every single letter, and she doesn't even remotely seem ENTJ to me; I'm almost certain of ExFx.
She hasn't even heard of the Enneagram, let alone taken it, but another friend and I are 100% sure that she's a 6, and I'm guessing her tritype is 6wX-1w2-XwX. (Probably 6w5, though she's a bit of a chameleon in that regard. Could just have balanced wings?)

Thoughts?

gromit

likes this
I don't know. She sounds a lot like my college roommate... whose type I also do not know.

So helpful I am sure.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know. She sounds a lot like my college roommate... whose type I also do not know.

So helpful I am sure.
:laugh:

On the bright side, this thread may end up providing two people's types!

En Gallop

I have no idea. There isn't enough relevant info about the cognitive functions. I think Fe-dom ExFJ is unlikely though, if they have controversial views about ethics.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea. There isn't enough relevant info about the cognitive functions. I think Fe-dom ExFJ is unlikely though, if they have controversial views about ethics.
So, what info do you need?

Usually how these threads go, involves people asking questions for clarification. The OP info isn't expected to be perfect.

I

Infinite Bubble

Fi-Te user. Have you any idea whether she is N or S? And definitely certain on the extroversion?

Without extra information, ExFP or ExTJ doesn't seem unreasonable.

Edit: I'm thinking NFP for now.

En Gallop

So, what info do you need?

Usually how these threads go, involves people asking questions for clarification. The OP info isn't expected to be perfect.

Well, what functions do you think she uses, and what are your reasons for thinking so? Ti or Te? Fi or Fe? and so on. Why are you so sure she's an F?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see any reason why she couldn't be ENFP, heavy on T. I could see this all out of ENFP 6w5.

Has unusually authoritarian moral tendencies; will often say things like "I would never let my children do X", or "If I were President, I would make X illegal", with X being something that most people would either not find terribly offensive, or would believe that individuals have the right to choose to participate in or not participate in.

Can you give some examples of those things?

she would probably be way too excited about the whole thing, and would instead declare her identity, her goals, etc, to the media, as soon as she got the notebook

:laugh: sounds FP.

Also sounds like she might be 6-1-2, just from the overall feel of what you've said.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fi-Te user. Have you any idea whether she is N or S? And definitely certain on the extroversion?
Not 100% sure on E/I. She's good at being alone, as far as I can tell, i.e. she needs time alone on a regular basis. But she REALLY thinks as she speaks, or after she speaks, instead of before. She almost rambles like a tipsy/drunk person, even when she's sober. Doesn't seem like a common introvert trait.

Also not sure on S/N because I don't get a strong vibe from her either way.
Well, what functions do you think she uses, and what are your reasons for thinking so? Ti or Te? Fi or Fe?
I wasn't sure on Fe vs. Fi because what I was perceiving as Fi could have just been counterphobic 6-ness or SJ moralizing. I have a lot of trouble with mixing personality typing system traits...

And I definitely see a lot of either Se or Ne in her sense of humor, but I have a hard time telling them apart. If it's any indicator that she and I banter really well, then it might be Ne.
Why are you so sure she's an F?
I initially thought she was a T because she places high value on logic and the scientific method, in a very Scientist-In-Training kind of way. But I think she's an F because she seems very comfortable relying on her gut judgments of people and gut reactions to situations. I think I second-guess those reactions a lot, in myself, and she rarely does.
I don't see any reason why she couldn't be ENFP, heavy on T. I could see this all out of ENFP 6w5.
That does seem like the most likely option at this point. A highly traditionalistic ENFP.

(That's not so far off from your type, though, skylights -- and she couldn't be any less like you. Of course, my friend isn't all that mature...)
Can you give some examples of those things?
Can't think of one at the moment. I'll post one if it comes to mind.

There may have been things about violence in the media? Some media thing that she wanted to completely censor (i.e. eliminate from all film and TV programming) for the sake of the little children, at the cost of freedom of expression.
Also sounds like she might be 6-1-2, just from the overall feel of what you've said.
What makes you think 2?