• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ or ENFJ? (or something else....)

Minty

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Enneagram
6w5
At PerC I was typed as being either INFJ (lol they seem like a dime a dozen on the internet) or ENFJ. I'm not really sure which I am, they both have traits that I possess, but then again both have traits that DON'T fit me. They both seem equally likely. Is my strong Fe being confused as extraverted-ness here or is it true that I actually am an extravert? I do prefer activities an introvert would prefer, but I can be an extravert at times too.

Here's what I got for the cognitive functions test:
Your Cognitive Functions:
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) 7.88
Introverted Intuition (Ni) 7.29
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) 6.96
Introverted Sensation (Si) 5.24
Extroverted Thinking (Te) 4.16
Introverted Feeling (Fi) 4.115
Introverted Thinking (Ti) 2.99
Extroverted Sensation (Se) -1.52

Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is poorly developed.

Most Likely: ENFJ
or Second Possibility: INFJ
or Third Possibility: ENFP

If y'all need more, such as my answers to questionnaires and whatnot, I can provide those too. For now I'll just hand this out. Thanks in advance!

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One thing to ask yourself is what kinds of activities make you feel satisfied? My extroverted friend realized she wasn't an introvert when she kept feeling disappointed for staying in and spending time alone instead of going out. She likes doing both, but I think generally introverts and extroverts will feel some kind of drive to either find time to be alone or to seek out the outside world/people/etc. Personally, I'm very easily taxed by social situations--sometimes I actually get a really quick burst of energy in the beginning but I burn out soon after that.

Both introverts and extroverts enjoy a lot of the same activities--extroverts can spend long hours alone with a great book just as introverts can have a great time at a party or being a host/hostess. But where do you feel in your element? What kinds of activities are the most comfortable, energizing, most frequently satisfying?

S

Society

are you or have you ever being a cult leader? do you plan on becoming one?

G

Glycerine

I can spend A LOT of time alone moreso than some introverts I know. I become a bit deflated and very ruminative. However, a moderate dose of being around others, being outside can light me up. I can become lively, engaged, and energetic (as long as I feel comfortable and the situation is not stressful). Too much time with others and outside drains me fast. I see myself ENFJ but a lot of people see me as INFJ.

It really depends on if Fe is aiding Ni ideals (INFJ) or if Ni is aiding Fe values (ENFJ).

G

garbage

Accused and tested ENFJ here :hi:

I can spend A LOT of time alone moreso than some introverts I know. I become a bit deflated and very ruminative. However, a moderate dose of being around others, being outside can light me up. I can become lively, engaged, and energetic (as long as I feel comfortable and the situation is not stressful). Too much time with others and outside drains me fast. I see myself ENFJ but a lot of people see me as INFJ.
Same for virtually every single word of this.

I dunno.. OP, could you list some stuff that fits and doesn't fit? I'll tell you what resonates for me.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

It really depends on if Fe is aiding Ni ideals (INFJ) or if Ni is aiding Fe values (ENFJ).

I know a couple of guys who test as and identify as ENFJ, and they really don’t outwardly seem like extraverts to me. I would have guessed introvert for both of them. So yeah, it seems like the biggest difference between them and myself is what we’re focused on rather than amount of interacting with the external world. I want to say that people (and interpersonal dynamics in general) look more like math problems to me? Quantity-wise the threshold for interaction appears to be relatively similar, yet for them the person is more important than the puzzle. I feel like more of an observer.

S

Society

so wouldn't the same principle as you have with ENxPs and INxPs apply? a.k.a. you have many ENxPs who think they could be introverts because they need time alone and are closer to the ambivert scale, but rarely will an INxP consider themselves ENxPs since they are usually very introverted...

can the same thing apply to INs and ENs in general?

G

Glycerine

Possibly. I am not sure. The extroverts may just be deluded. :D I have met some EN's who claim to be introverted but then end up being the life of the party out of several other extroverts.

Minty

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Enneagram
6w5

Any tips on how to tell which I prefer? Is there a way to tell? Hmm...

are you or have you ever being a cult leader? do you plan on becoming one?

Nope... at least, I don't think so. Maybe when I'm really old and bored I'll become a cult leader. :D

Both introverts and extroverts enjoy a lot of the same activities--extroverts can spend long hours alone with a great book just as introverts can have a great time at a party or being a host/hostess. But where do you feel in your element? What kinds of activities are the most comfortable, energizing, most frequently satisfying?

This is what I think makes me an introvert. Parties and lots of people leaves me EXHAUSTED. I love doing things alone, like yoga, meditation. Usually, if I interact with others it's when I'm behind a computer screen, typing away, rather than at a party or social event.

A
OP, could you list some stuff that fits and doesn't fit? I'll tell you what resonates for me.

1. ENFJs are said to be good with people, and in general, people enjoy them. I have no people skills, I'm not really well liked, people won't come to me specifically. I am not and have never been a 'popular' sort of person.

2. ENFJs are said to love community work, helping with less fortunate, and think everyone deserves a helping hand, even going so far to neglect their own needs. I've got quite a bit of this in me (Fe is my strongest function), I've always wanted to be a Nurse, a Doctor or an Ambassador, and maybe work for Peace Corps when I can.

3. ENFJs (and I think INFJs?) are said to be neutral when it comes to expressing an opinion. They see both sides of an argument, and aren't too terribly firm about their feelings. Yes, yes, all the way yes with me.

4. INFJs are very in touch with their intuitive side, almost so much that they may be considered psychic. Yep. I trust my instincts more than any algorithm, no matter how right it's been proved.

5. INFJs seem to care a ton about other's feelings. I do care a lot, but not THAT much. I don't treat every human being like a delicate kitten or puppy, and I can be cruel to the point where I'm ignorant of how another person feels.

6. Not sure if I see this the wrong way, but INFJs seem to like being efficient and orderly. No way. My desk is a mess, and I procrastinate a whole bunch.

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Re: organized INFJs--other than physical organization/neatness, are their other more organized aspects of your life? Do you plan certain things out in your head or anything like that?

Minty

MBTI Type
xNFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Re: organized INFJs--other than physical organization/neatness, are their other more organized aspects of your life? Do you plan certain things out in your head or anything like that?

I don't follow a certain schedule, but yeah, I do tend to plan out things rather than act on the moment.