• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

1 or 4?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always typed myself as a 4. However, when I read about the inner child and its relation to type 1 I began to think I could actually be a 1; the points of intergration and disintergration make sense. I talk about it here and here. Basically, I feel like I've been happy during a period of my life when I took on many of the caracteristics of type 7(uninhibited, pleasure seeking, adventurous, etc) , and unhappy when I took on the melancholy, withdrawn, creative aspect of 4. Logically, the person who takes on the former characteristics mentioned above will be happier than the one with the latter. It seems that way, but not for sure.
Types that people have proposed for me in the past; 3,4,6,and 7.
I think Im too non-conforming to be a 3 or 6, Im not complacent with society, but follow my own vision.

To sum up; I was pretty sure of my fourishess but the points of dis/intergration for 1 make more sense. I dont think its impossible I could be a 1W9, Im not controlling of others, envasive, or humanitarian enough to be 1W2 though. I dont know, Id like to stick to 4, for the sake of consistency, but I also identify with a type 7 soul child. Anyone have any idea which one I am(or if I am neither, than what?)?

Added: Personality survey from here. Hopefully this will add some info.

Do you like being outside or inside better?

Inside, but I need to go outside regularly or else I dont feel good.

What are your ambitions?

I want to be creative, to try my hand at different arts and professions. I like to play music, write, act, and draw/paint but and Im not sure at this point what I want to specify in. Perhaps I need not specify in anything.

What religion are you?

I consider myself non relgious, but I do have a spiritual path, which is the Left Hand Path.

How important is God in you life?

Im assuming this to mean the Xtian God; I dont believe in him.

Do you have alot of friends?

Naw, I dont. I wish I had more but as of now most poeple just dont interest me.

Do you enjoy life or let it pass you by?

I dont enjoy life much. I used to, as I said, party alot in m late teens. I used to view every weekend as a reason to make plans for the next party so as to not let m life pass me by. I was hoping for more parties as m life went on, but unfortunately, it didnt happen. Nowadays I view weekends as as excuse to stay home. Ive become more introverted.

Do you like sports?

I really dont.

Do you drink? Yeah, I drink socially. I still drink with friends even if I dont reall go to large parties.

Do you smoke? No, I dont smoke anything.

Do you believe in yourself?

Yeah, pretty much. I always felt I was gonna do something important or leave a mark on the world.

When are you the happiest?

Im never as happy as I could be. I dont take advantage of life and dont care much to do either. Ive grown lazy.

Your passion is...?

The "Occult"

Do you like to act?

Yeah, I always loved acting, ever since I discovered at age four.

There you have it, some questions as it seems nobody is answering I felt perhaps I needed to talk a little more about me.
So whats the verdict on my Etype?

Last edited:

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sdf.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm sorry that your post wasn't replied to initially, but at the same time, it's no one's responsibility to reply to posts, so I hope you don't hold it against others for not responding to you.

You sound like a pretty classical 4w5.

At least personally, in terms of identifying E-type, I put far more stock in core fear and desire than theoretical stress and growth. The way you described others as "depraved" sounds like 1 but also 4ish in terms of its darkness/grittiness and ethicalness/perfection/idealism. I have a hard time seeing you as a 1 because you don't seem super driven, whereas 1s tend to have a flame lit under their butts. You seem more reflective and questioning from your description. That would make your "soul child" fit.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry that your post wasn't replied to initially, but at the same time, it's no one's responsibility to reply to posts, so I hope you don't hold it against others for not responding to you.

I dont hold it against anyone, lol, I was just venting.

And yeah, thanks for your perspective. I think that many 1W9s though, especially with a strong 9 wing, dont appear driven at all. But now, Im not sure not sure, Ive always identified as a four, and its very possible I am. If you wanna put more emphasis on core fear and desire, than four seems more likely than one.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And yeah, thanks for your perspective. I think that many 1W9s though, especially with a strong 9 wing, dont appear driven at all. But now, Im not sure not sure, Ive always identified as a four, and its very possible I am. If you wanna put more emphasis on core fear and desire, than four seems more likely than one.

Are you an INFJ?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im not sure of my MBTI. Do you say I am INFJ or at least sound like one, is that what you're trying to tell me? :S

4w5 INFJ

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Lol ok. You're welcome. It's true that strong-9-wing 1s might be more contemplative than driven, but I think you still see their perfectionistic energy come out, even in their communication, both form and content. I really see more 4 "gentleness" in your style of communicating than 1 sense of purpose. 4 seeks more to find their purpose while 1 seeks to enact it.