• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I really an ENFP... ?

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I first got into MBTI two and a half years ago, I thought I was an INFP. But my knowledge about MBTI wasn't that great, and my belief of being INFP came almost 100% by tests. After reading some more, and getting more into the INFP type, I felt that described me very superficially, and there was important information missing. Then I thought to myself "well, if I'm not INFP, I might be an ENFP" but with very low understanding of the ENFP type. When reading about it, I confirmed, that WAS my type. And this kept true until some weeks ago.

Today I have a way deeper understanding about MBTI. I noticed that I don't have all that energy that extrovert types usually have. I need to be alone after some time. I need to give time to myself sometimes. Also, when I finally understood the Fi function, I started to notice that my Fi is very developed. Maybe way too developed to be an auxiliary function. But my Ne is undeniable either, and very overused. But then I started to see various reasons for my Ti, Te, Si and Ni being main functions too. I'm now confused. Are most of my functions well-developed? Is my type really ENFP? Am I even an NF? (I can really be alike SJs or NTs sometimes)

Also, for that, my enneagram type was never really clear. The 7w6 was way too superficial in describing me. 4w3 seemed right, but the 3 is nothing like me. 4w5 seemed very good, but this combinations seems to be way too socially unskilled and introverted, and I'm not quite that.

I will mention some of my traces that might be useful

-Although naturally extroverted, I don't have that much energy. I need time to myself after too much time out with friends or whatever.
-I'm hardly the one the talks the most when in one-on-one conversations.
-I'm frequently highly enthusiastic and random.
-I'm very good to perceive people's abilities, talents and motivations just by looking and talking to them.
-Multiple possibilities roam my mind all the time, making me very scattered-brained. I often find myself imagining unrealistic and interesting scenarios with me and my friends or family.
-I'm very creative and idea oriented.
-I have difficulty to focus. As a very odd example, when playing card games (like Magic or Yu-Gi-Oh!), I'm the player that takes most time deciding what to do in my turn, because I get lost in thoughts and lose the strategy focus.
-I'm a "Jack-of-all-trades, master of none" as I get into a lot of interests but specialize in none of them.
-I naturally notice minimal discrepancies of what I'm seeing now and what it used to be.
-I often and naturally relate personality traces of someone with another person.
-I like stuff that is heavily symbolic, those have a special appeal on me.
-I value and respect hierarchy and like to follow protocol or procedures.
-I respect old traditions.
-I have a very strong need for external order and need to enforce and follow laws. I even dream of being a police officer. I also like visual organization and strive to keep things visually organized and if possible categorized. However, I'm not intolerant with innefficiency and will not push others to obtain a good result as Te-users normally would.
-I'm extremely reserved with emotions, but full of them internally. When I show them, they are shown as pure and sincere affection, not many words involved.
-I have the whole complex value system that Fi have.
-I'm a very good listener, and I think people feel at ease to share their emotions and problems with me. I like that people feel connected with me.
-I really like attention, but only if it came naturally, with minimal effort of mine.
-I have a strong need for people to like me.
-I love to understand how stuff works and to test its capacities. When I get a new cellphone, for example, the first thing I do is spend hours messing around its settings to see of what it's capable, and how far I can personalize to my like. The same goes with almost any electronical device.
-I'm fast to understand concepts, but not rules.
-I love to understand and read about almost anything. But I don't like to feel restricted to only one book or magazine as I prefer to have multiple sources of learning.
-I start a bunch of stuff, finish few.

What's my type... ? :(

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think ENFP is likely. I see alot of Ne supported by Fi. Also some tertiary Te (need for external order and following laws) and to a lesser extent Si (noticing discrepancies betwen now and what it used to be)

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think ENFP is likely. I see alot of Ne supported by Fi. Also some tertiary Te (need for external order and following laws) and to a lesser extent Si (noticing discrepancies betwen now and what it used to be)

I guess ENFP is the most likely too... but I'm really unsure about if it's really. Even though most of the time I feel like I fit in the NF temperament, I've recently seeing some of my attitudes leaning towards the SJ temperament and a few times even the NT one...

Hi, I'm not sure what type you are but you sound great haha. :)

Haha thank you! You are probably great too since you are an INTP :D