• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

guess, if my sis is an INFJ or ISFJ?

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
She did the test online on a free site and got ISFJ. But compared to y mom, who seems to be a real ISFJ, she is complelty different. She is for sure introverted (doesn't make friends easily, has troubles to introduce hersself in a new group of people, usually I make the socializing part for her), for sure very F (extremly sensitive to herself and others), for sure J (makes to do lists the all day for anything, is orderly and so on).
But S or N?
She is down-to-earth. She loves cooking and practical things. But she is open to the new and unusual. She is able to get out of the family tradition and the family education to explore new ways of thinking.
When she was a child, she loved to do school work during all the summer vacations and she really did a lot. Much more than I.
She has a terrible humour I am completly fan of!! But she expresses it more when she writes than when she speaks...
How can I know if she is S or N?

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
She did the test online on a free site and got ISFJ. But compared to y mom, who seems to be a real ISFJ, she is complelty different. She is for sure introverted (doesn't make friends easily, has troubles to introduce hersself in a new group of people, usually I make the socializing part for her), for sure very F (extremly sensitive to herself and others), for sure J (makes to do lists the all day for anything, is orderly and so on).
But S or N?
She is down-to-earth. She loves cooking and practical things. But she is open to the new and unusual. She is able to get out of the family tradition and the family education to explore new ways of thinking.
When she was a child, she loved to do school work during all the summer vacations and she really did a lot. Much more than I.
She has a terrible humour I am completly fan of!! But she expresses it more when she writes than when she speaks...
How can I know if she is S or N?

She could be bordering on one or the other, which is ok. Sometimes people have a "best fit" type - not everyone will be "100%" of their type. Most of us, in fact, have different traits on all sides of the spectrum - but in a pinch we're more comfortable using one way, or another.

Your sister might be a forward thinking ISFJ, or she might be an INFJ with many S-traits. What you might ask is, what's most comfortable for her everyday, and what does she do under stress? There are many ISFJs who are forward thinking, who enjoy new and unusual things, and who write...but are those occurrences for your sister few and far between or are they every day occurrences?

Also, she might want to take more than one test, or you could try Linda Berren's "best type" website.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Here y'go. :)

INFJ - INFJ

ISFJ - ISFJ

Edit: Woah, links automatically translated by the forum creating redundancy within post! *mind boggles*

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
ok, well, according to your document, she sounds more ISFJ with some N traits...

The surprising thing is that I also feel close to the INFJ description there.... :huh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm... she could be an ISFJ. INFJ's usually struggle with practical things (even if they get good at them, they usually don't like them), and I know some ISFJ's can learn to be somewhat open to new things over time.

The surprising thing is that I also feel close to the INFJ description there.... :huh:

There are the occasional weird overlaps in INFJ and ENFP behavior that make me go "Wow, that's just like me." Although usually I think I'm different.

INFJ: Ni Fe Ti Se
ENFP:Ne Fi Te Si

Same functional order, all functions in the opposite direction.

quietgirl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hmm... she could be an ISFJ. INFJ's usually struggle with practical things (even if they get good at them, they usually don't like them), and I know some ISFJ's can learn to be somewhat open to new things over time.

My boyfriend's one of those ISFJ's who tests close to N.
Here's the big difference between the two of us regarding being open to new things...

I am usually open to new things much faster than him. I tend to enjoy the idea of something new without really thinking about the practical application of it until afterwards. I also have the "excitement" factor more than him. If I'm really into something new, I get really excited about it. I'll be hesistant once reality hits me like a ton of bricks and I can't hep but figure out the boring logistics of it. He's the opposite. He is consistently hesistant with new things, but once he can see the practicality of it, he tends to be all for it (more for it than me sometimes because at this point *I'm* trying to figure out how to make it work!). He's not the type to get overly excited about something new until he KNOWS it can work out. It's kind of like polar opposite reactions that usually get us to the same place.