• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Back, and"New" after being f*cked up. Opinions on type for fun?

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
So I'm "new", and thought I'd give this a go for shits and giggles... and to say... sup.
Back when I used to use this account I wasn't really in the best head space, but that was years ago. Since i'm better now I thought I'd give this forum a go.

(I was contemplating starting a thread to explain how a person of my type behaved when mentally not okay and what I went through somewhat. I thought I was interesting to watch from the outside looking in afterward. How I take mental issues. I.e. Severe depression, anxiety etc. and was interested in seeing others experiences, and how they differ from their actual personalities.)

I find contradictions in the entire system of MBTI... at least for what it's made on this forums. Still, the concept itself is interesting so why not give it a go.

Before I get started though... what's this shit about?...
Example. Someone could think they are more of a feeling type, but agree with let's say, INTJ and justify their "feelings" with an enneagram type, and visa vera. Let's say someone is an INFJ. Type 4 gives them the ability to incorporate Fi in there somewhere. You could be anything..... INFJ type 5 if you think you are somewhat "T like" and lets say INTJ type 4, to solve you contemplating your emotional "Fi side". I'm not sure what in the world sort of confusion this seems to get people in.

-I contemplate everything around me. Since I was a child, I tried to make everything make sense logically, to understand... and if it didn't i'd ask until I get enough information that would make it make sense to me, at least for the time being, knowing at some point in life i'd figure it out. Information and facts, knowledge is my power.

Random example of me as a child, incase it's relevant and gives more insight.
Me: Asks mother "Where did we come from... we as in human beings. When did they first one happen... how did this all come to be"
My parent's lovely answer. "Oh, god did it"....

My reply being something like,
"Nooooo, I'm serious tell me. But that doesn't make sense.... where did "god" come from?"

Parent's: " The star led the three wise men..."

Me : "Stars lead people places? what........ no.......huh? but....."

Parent's: "Omg it just happened that way and that's that, okay!?"

Me:" No". (In head) Stupid. You base everything on blind beliefs... you can't explain anything, man. (In a more childlike manner I assume... I tried)

Mother: "I know better"

Me: ...(In head) No ya don't. Proceeds to contemplate more and some other random ideas.

I talk with people, research and read online, and take classes, etc. I can never learn enough, and I've always had a need to know why everything is the way it is. That's a key things about me. Dissect the shit out of whatever I want, and learn it fully... then I move on I guess.

-I go in depth with mostly everything. I love explaining things, how things work, and giving people help in that way. I'm a bit emotionally handicapped, so it's how I give back.

-I pretty much just go along with things, without making a fuss. If people want to go to eat somewhere I don't want, I just say it's fine, because it technically is, I don't care. I know people that refuse to go places just, because. I'm more let live with stuff like that... it, doesn't matter.

- I'm great at arguing and can devour people with my mind if needed. I try not to, I don't like conflict all that much, but if needed, it's there.
With my mind, or logical propositions. Those problems are pretty handy if needed.

- I enjoy being in my bedroom, thinking, reading, being alone and playing video games, etc....I think too much so I use a lot of things to try to take my mind a bit off the trackiola sometimes.

-It's feels sort of like I'm a brain stuck with a body. I'm so far in my head, that I feel like a just a "being" stuck inside a human body. I'm just controlling the body from my brain, somewhat reminiscent of a puppet I guess. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to not feel this way and perceive everything the way I don't. I'm assuming a lot of people feel "alive"... meh.

- The external world seems to be like a blur to me, and I don't really notice what's around me that much. The other day I asked myself where this big ass building on my way to the University came from... maybe it was some new sort of " pop out of the ground" building innovation... but my friend told me it'd been since we started school over 3 years ago. My bad.

- Similar to what was said before, I over think everything, the workings of everything, why things are the way they are. I think about human kind, and all of this, as natural as i'm sure it is for some people, would be great if I could control when I think. My brain is on overdrive all day it seems, my entire life. I guess this a pretty big part of my tendencies.

- My feelings are stable, average. They don't fluctuate much.

- Something I think people would say about me, is that I don't care about anything... and that means... most things don't effect me.... or I usually don't have a point of view on the things people tend to talk or ask about... I.E. Stance on abortion: Don't care ... Stance on politics: Don't care ... Isn't she annoying?! Don't... care... I obviously make my responses more amiable, but I'm being frank for thread sense.
I'm not easily offended at all either, nor bothered in general.

- I tend to act kind of opposite than the person I'm around, usually when they are one extreme, like really outgoing, or shy. And act certain ways around certain groups of people because I know they have a preconceived notion of me.... sometimes. I like to balance out the social setting, it seems to put the other persons more at ease.

- I have gotten "gut" feelings before, but I tend to defy them because they make no "sense" to listen too... to me.

- I often watch people. I tend to think they are kind of easily amused by things, and that they are highly predictable. It becomes overbearing at times when I'm forced to be around them... though I do block them out most of the time.
I usually don't respond in the ways I observe in others. An example could be someone listening to a professor speak. The professor wants some evident reaction from his audience. He's clearly wording things to get a certain response. The audience hears something that resonates with them, and they proceed to nod their heads in approval. They fall for it... so... idk.

- I always make decisions with my head, because to me making decisions with anything else will result in more inevitable flaws... I'm never inclined to follow anything other than my head vs. let's say, what your body tells you. I trust my brain the most, and is what makes up the most of me.

Damn I just re-read it. Pretty fucking lame but that's sorta it... least of the top of my head.

Feel free to type me anything you guys want, skies the limit. I'm secretly hoping we can all conclude with awesome x Titaniumola. It's a new type.

Thank guys... I'm looking forward to coming back to this forum.

W

WALMART

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ENTP 6w7 sx........... sp.

Aka awesome X Titaniumola.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Sounds INTP.

Thanks for your reply man... hmm. I've though about it but doubted it for reasons like thinking that I have a bit more "Fe" as they make them out to have, and the whole Ne/Ti thing... and which one comes first for me.

Might I add, your avatar is fucking awesome.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ENTP 6w7 sx........... sp.

Aka awesome X Titaniumola.

Ah,

Thanks, any reason in particular that made ENTP come to mind? Besides my awesome new type. Just to understand where you got it from. And the enneagram too..That would be interesting to know where in particular you got it from.
If not that's cool too.

I

Infinite Bubble

Thanks for your reply man... hmm. I've though about it but doubted it for reasons like thinking that I have a bit more "Fe" as they make them out to have, and the whole Ne/Ti thing... and which one comes first for me.

ENTP is certainly plausible too. But your post emphasized thinking, being in your head a lot and wanting things to make sense to you logically in your mind (Ti). You said you liked being on your own. Is that most of the time, or would you generally rather be out with people?

But yeah, NTP at least.

And heh, thanks. :D

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
ENTP is certainly plausible too. But your post emphasized thinking, being in your head a lot and wanting things to make sense to you logically in your mind (Ti). You said you liked being on your own. Is that most of the time, or would you generally rather be out with people?

But yeah, NTP at least.

And heh, thanks. :D
:D
Oh no, definitely most of the time. I get bored of people rather quickly lately. Either way though, I get drained from being out for too long, so yes most of the time I rather be alone to think.

I was confused on the ENTP/ INTP thing at one point because of Ti/Ne and not being able to determine which one my first function was, not so much because of the stereotypes, though they did play some part as I mentioned.
And thank you.

W

WALMART

Aha

Thanks, any reason in particular that made ENTP come to mind? Besides my awesome new type. Just to understand where you got it from. And the enneagram too..That would be interesting to know where in particular you got it from.
If not that's cool too.

You may be ENFJ, which I'd had a slight inkling towards prior to your expression of thinking you were higher than inferior in your Fe department (but ENTP qualifies also).

I really don't know, I feel kind of silly at times explaining how I come to these conclusions. I have criteria built up and I just ping the content you've written around, I don't even really read top to bottom, I evolve my thought process as I see things and how I feel about them and wouldn't be able to look back and reflect if I tried (and if I did, I'd start seeing arguments for isfj, entj, esfp, yadda yadda).

Though for example, predisposing us to the concept that you understand what you've written is lame is something my mind chalks up to Fe. It comes in an Fi flavor, but it 'tastes' different. Fe has more shame about it, maybe.

Enneagram... you just feel six. The pofessor analogy was one indicator. The reliance on logic to get you through, overcoming emotion. The habitual contemplation. Maybe 6w5, but I like 6w7's so.... :p

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
You may be ENFJ, which I'd had a slight inkling towards prior to your expression of thinking you were higher than inferior in your Fe department (but ENTP qualifies also).

I really don't know, I feel kind of silly at times explaining how I come to these conclusions. I have criteria built up and I just ping the content you've written around, I don't even really read top to bottom, I evolve my thought process as I see things and how I feel about them and wouldn't be able to look back and reflect if I tried (and if I did, I'd start seeing arguments for isfj, entj, esfp, yadda yadda).

Though for example, predisposing us to the concept that you understand what you've written is lame is something my mind chalks up to Fe. It comes in an Fi flavor, but it 'tastes' different. Fe has more shame about it, maybe.

Enneagram... you just feel six. The pofessor analogy was one indicator. The reliance on logic to get you through, overcoming emotion. The habitual contemplation. Maybe 6w5, but I like 6w7's so.... :p

Lulz, I think understand.
I meant higher Fe than your average "INTP" though i'm not quite sure. Not that I had high Fe in general. I do not think that my Fe is that high up into the spectrum though. I think i'm pretty weak at it, just not, last place weak you know?... INTP being Ti Ne Si Fe. Though who knows.

ENFJ hmm. Interesting. Though I do think i'm quite opposite to one from my knowledge. I'm "friends" with 3 of them and they frustrate me sometimes the most out of any of the other types because of their extreme irrationality and choice to follow their heart no matter the consequence... I'm always the one sorting all their shit out, and they tend to see me as the robot that helps them with shit. They attach to me like a fly would to anything that is malodorous.
Doesn't help I dislike clingy people. Lulz. Still I will look into them and their logic to make super sure. Thank you again man.

And you like 6w7, lol. Thanks, good enough of a reason mate.

W

WALMART

Lulz, I think understand.
I meant higher Fe than your average "INTP" though i'm not quite sure. Not that I had high Fe in general. I do not think that my Fe is that high up into the spectrum though. I think i'm pretty weak at it, just not, last place weak you know?... INTP being Ti Ne Si Fe. Though who knows.

ENFJ hmm. Interesting. Though I do think i'm quite opposite to one from my knowledge... Still I will look into them and their logic. Thank you again man.

Well, if there's one thing I've learned studying socionics it's that all eight functions can have equal expression throughout any function order. It's how the function manifests that is important, apart from its positioning... though I suppose order does play a bit of a key role.

One thing I don't like about function order is that it's mathematically derived, but I digress...

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
Well, if there's one thing I've learned studying socionics it's that all eight functions can have equal expression throughout any function order. It's how the function manifests that is important, apart from its positioning... though I suppose order does play a bit of a key role.

One thing I don't like about function order is that it's mathematically derived, but I digress...

I enjoy math... meh. And that makes sense I guess. I'm going by function order and MBTI, not socionics. Also, I may just go with that awesome type I mentioned earlier.

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF
[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] . . . LoL.. u seem to be getting lots of compliments about your avatar..LOL... i thought i was the only one..
[MENTION=13007]ArpeggiatingCantata[/MENTION] . I also think you're INTP .. but u seem funny like an entp..LOL..and yeah.. i hate explaining stuff... i only say what i think (or feel) and i don't care much about explaining why..since i don't know (or just lazy enough) how to explain them....hahah...just my impressions..xD

I

Infinite Bubble

:D
Oh no, definitely most of the time. I get bored of people rather quickly lately. Either way though, I get drained from being out for too long, so yes most of the time I rather be alone to think.

I was confused on the ENTP/ INTP thing at one point because of Ti/Ne and not being able to determine which one my first function was, not so much because of the stereotypes, though they did play some part as I mentioned.
And thank you.

I suppose that would indicate introversion then. But ENxPs are often regarded as the most introverted extroverts. Do you need others to bounce ideas off of a lot?

You do seem to show quite a lot of Ne though. Maybe both functions are fairly equal in you, or it could be your Enneagram type.

[MENTION=17266]Infinite Bubble[/MENTION] . . . LoL.. u seem to be getting lots of compliments about your avatar..LOL... i thought i was the only one..

Apparently futuristic buildings are cool!

Garthur17

MBTI Type
SDFS
Enneagram
SDF
hmm..

what do you prioritize more? analyzing things logically? or generating possibilities/playing with ideas?

Because of course if you are a Ti dom, then your priority would mostly be to understand things in a logical manner.. like.. you always have to be "logical" or stuff like that (you get the point) and everything that your Ne perceives would always need to be analyzed immediately to "preserve inner logical consistency" LOL,,,

or...if you're an Ne dom, then your priority would mostly be just playing with ideas sometimes not minding how irrational they could be because it's what you enjoy or are used to doing and that filtering stuff with Ti is not so much of a need....

i think based your original post you are more into analyzing things...and those conversations you had with your parents when you were a child point to a dominant Ti since it was Ti early in childhood. uhm, yeah only my opinions.. i'm not that experienced yet with the functions LoL

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I admit I didn't really read the OP much but I just wanted to say that I'm surprised some people know what the game Illusion of Gaia is.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
[MENTION=13007]ArpeggiatingCantata[/MENTION] . I also think you're INTP .. but u seem funny like an entp..LOL..and yeah.. i hate explaining stuff... i only say what i think (or feel) and i don't care much about explaining why..since i don't know (or just lazy enough) how to explain them....hahah...just my impressions..xD

Lol. Yeah your impression itself is good enough, thanks. :)

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
I suppose that would indicate introversion then. But ENxPs are often regarded as the most introverted extroverts. Do you need others to bounce ideas off of a lot?

You do seem to show quite a lot of Ne though. Maybe both functions are fairly equal in you, or it could be your Enneagram type.

Apparently futuristic buildings are cool!

Nah, my ideas bounce off better when alone... though once in a while with people it's not bad, I mostly enjoy to do it on my own. Maybe they are more equal, that's an idea.
I'm also fairly certain i'm a type 5, so that could be taken into account. Not how it fits would be a puzzle in itself. I enjoy puzzles.

ArpeggiatingCantata

MBTI Type
BUTT
Enneagram
I admit I didn't really read the OP much but I just wanted to say that I'm surprised some people know what the game Illusion of Gaia is.

Lol, it's awesome.

I still play it from time to time. Its story line, and it's brother games Soul Blazer and Terranigma had some pretty fucking interesting story lines.

I carry the Illusion of Gaia soundtrack on my iPod. I'm surprised that someone knowing about this game is surprising to someone. I didn't think it was obscure in any way.:shock: