• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I know what my type is, but I'll pretend I don't and then argue against it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You value chocolate and sex. Therefore it follows that you are ESFJ. I think Keirsey said that once.

The elder Keirsey? He said something about temperaments and many people confused that with personality. There just happens to be four traditional temperaments, and four Keirseyan temperaments. But throwing in a fifth temperament tosses a monkey wrench in the works.

E

Epiphany

Logically speaking, I can be all types or no type at all. But I'm leaning toward INFP because I personally value sex.

Hear, hear!

That's how I typed myself, as well. I propose a toast.

To sex and chocolate milk. :cheers:

W

WALMART

I've pondered this a bit further. First you make the distinction between focus of attention and behavioral aspects (the traditional intepretation). Then there are four different conflicting criteria. Then you brought up ambiversion. I'm not able to put this whole thing together.

And what is ambiversion anyway?

First I brought up ambiversion. It is a preference for equal devotion to the external and internal world, to embody traits of both types in approachingly equal quantities.

Then I brought up two classical methodologies to determining introversion or extroversion.

Then I added that I have personally conjured maybe four different ways one could be viewed as introverted in one light but extroverted in another, and et cetrera, tainting my perceptions of people's focus on the two dichotomies.

Then I posited you are probabilistically ambiverted.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First I brought up ambiversion. It is a preference for equal devotion to the external and internal world, to embody traits of both types in approachingly equal quantities.

Then I brought up two classical methodologies to determining introversion or extroversion.

Then I added that I have personally conjured maybe four different ways one could be viewed as introverted in one light but extroverted in another, and et cetrera, tainting my perceptions of people's focus on the two dichotomies.

Then I posited you are probabilistically ambiverted.

Well I don't see introversion and extroversion as dichotomies. If they are dichotomies, then there is no place for ambiversion whatsoever.

If however it is a continuum - meaning "more or less outgoing, either socially or otherwise," then you can have an ambivert, one who is in the comfortable middle: neither too introverted nor too extroverted.

I also believe that at the heart of typology is the need to eliminate the extremes from human existence. Too much of anything is unhealthy.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How about filling out a questionnaire for starters to reveal how you actually think. If it's one thing I don't think you are based on the posts I've seen from you though, it's 5w4. I could see you more as a 6 assuming you are a head type at all which I am not entirely sure that you are, either.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How about filling out a questionnaire for starters to reveal how you actually think. If it's one thing I don't think you are based on the posts I've seen from you though, it's 5w4. I could see you more as a 6.

That's scary!

W

WALMART

I also believe that at the heart of typology is the need to eliminate the extremes from human existence. Too much of anything is unhealthy.

Concurred. I enjoy Enneagram for this reason, there is a sense of growth inherent to the model.