• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me? XXXX?

rubi2cube

Hi :hi: I have trouble finding out my type. I lean towards INTP or INFJ, but i may be ISTP INTP or ENTP as well... or even some other type???
Thanks for everyone who will answer i am really appreciating your help :) And sorry for my english it is not my native language.

Why I think i may be INTP:
1. I get this result 90proc. of time (or i get INTJ, but i am not)
2. I love playing with theories (secret societies, universe stuff... now i found mbti and socionics) (but not so much into science stuff)
3. Clumsy.
4. I dont like controlling people.
5. I am skeptical and most of the time i think that my own theories are right.
6. I use word 'but' a lot and can deny or state anything.
7. I dont like fiction or tales. Even when i was a kid i loved encyclopedias, books about world, countries, people, dinosaurs.....
8. I do search for universal principles.
9. Indepedent. I follow my own rules.
10. I talk sarcastically and whitty most of the time.
11. Head in the clouds, always thinking.
12. Procrastinator.
13. Socially awkward.
14. 'What is the point' on everything i do.

Reasons I might be an INFJ:
1. I'm ridiculously stubborn and can be rigid.
2. I am VERY obsessive. I am trying to find my type for a month now. I am having holidays and past 3 days i did nothing but sit in front of computer and learn about MBTI all day long.
3. Very usually i am like 'all or nothing' 'do or do not completely'
4. I do judge and make my own values/ opinions...
5. I do check situations from 'other's eyes/ shoes'
6. I can 'read' people quite well. Most of the time i know how person is feeling/ what are his motives etc. (and this ability? was noticed by other people, not me) Althrough i am not really motivated to help them.
7. Through writing i can express myself much better than in words. When i need to express something in words i talk nonsenses lol.
8. I love drawing.
9. Love to search for hidden meaning (literature or life- doesnt matter).

And why ISTP:

1. I observe a lot and suddenly say 1 phrase that everybody seem to love.
2. I love food, i notice people's appearance- which is Se?
3. I need a lot of psychological space.
4. I do operate better when on 'crisis'. I love exams (even if i am not prepared, dont know anything) and doing HIIT (althrough i am not a sports person- i am lazy).
5. Practical (maybe?)
6. My mom is ESFJ, sister ISFP, father- INFP so there is bigger possibility me being ISTP than other types?

Althrough i have very low empathy... can you be INFJ with low empathy?

Other details:
1. I dont want to show my feelings (not emotions) because then i feel vulnerable. But i do feel a lot, i just learned how to suppress them.
2. Left handed.
3. A lot of face expressions.
4. What i hate* the most is fake people. I can tolerate mostly everything, but fake people, ugh.
5. Poor social skills.
6. 'Edgy'
7. When drunk, i become a teddybear that starts to tell everybody how cool and wonderful they are. I do actually think that people are wonderful, but i dont show it... And i dont dance even when i am drunk lol.
8. Said to appeal unique/ alienated/ wierd. When i ask why most answer like that 'you are unique in a good way. You just look like you are in the clouds and then baaam you tell something very insightful and fun. Oh ya people always remind me how childish i am.
9. Around people i smile a lot.
10. Interests: psychology, philosophy, biology, history, drawing, art (i love surrealism). Most of my time i spend reading (articles, books- whatever), watching documentaries, eating. Also i like 'light' tech stuff (like tablets, phones, new stuff).

Also i am not sure if i am I or E?
1. I like company, but i need time to be alone too. But i actually think that socializing energizes me. Once i start socializing, going out i want to experience this more and more. But if i get in my 'depressed'/ 'tired from everything' mode i isolate myself from others. Mostly it happens at holidays, especially summer. Then i dont meet people (exept my sister which lives with me) and i dont want to. I just relaaax. When i come back to school i feel energized and okay.
2. I prefer to chat with 2- 4 people, not 1:1. 1 to 1 is stressful for me, i feel guilty for awkward silence.
3. I had social anxiety at past and still have a mild form. It occurs when i get too much attention.
4. Had a very stressful childhood (i really did, not making it up. i dont want to write personal details here) and maybe then i developed I over E or T over F?

What do you guys think? Feel free to ask whatever.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Boundless enthusiasm! Flip that toilet seat up or down. Hot or cold. Pat or Vanna. Sleepy or Dopey. Tide or generic. RuPaul or Speed Gavroche. jump, walk or crawl

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're sounding a bit like me here! Let's pick apart these statements ...

INTP:
My comment: Why are you so convinced that you are in no way an INTJ? I don't actually think you are one, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

2. I love playing with theories (secret societies, universe stuff... now i found mbti and socionics) (but not so much into science stuff)
My comment: Although INTPs are mostly associated with science, this is also a pretty common version of the type. I'm like this myself; but then again, I might be INFP.

3. Clumsy.
My comment: This is first and foremost a sign of N and maybe P; it's like the fable about Thales, the ancient Greek philosopher who ended up falling down a well because he was gazing up at the stars.

My comment: IxxPs are usually uncomfortable in leading positions and will rather take on roles where they simply share their insights in order for the actual leader to do their jobs well.

My comment: This could be anything; it only rules out xSFJ.

My comment: Combined with your statement that you search for universal principles, I'd say this points to a methodical nature - in order to find out what IS universal, you rule out what ISN'T universal in the process. This would hint to an xNTJ personality rather than xNTP.

7. I dont like fiction or tales. Even when i was a kid i loved encyclopedias, books about world, countries, people, dinosaurs.....
My comment: Interesting. I was like this as a child myself, and in a child it signifies to me NT; however (I don't know how old or young you are), if this trait is persistent in an adult, it points to S in my opinion. INTPs are often into sensational fiction, like sci-fi or fantasy, because it allows them to play with ideas that wouldn't work in the real world. To me, this seems more ISTP than INTP, but others might disagree.

My comment: See 6.

My comment: NT all the way.

My comment: I do that too. xNxPs are often excellent with words.

My comment: Here we go again! :D This is an unmistakable xNxP trait.

12. Procrastinator.
My comment: Any P would be likely to procrastinate.

13. Socially awkward.
My comment: INxP.

My comment: Here's the independent xNTP again.

INFJ:
My comment: Is this about values or theories? An INFJ might be like this in terms of morally right or wrong; however, if this is in theoretical ideas, it seems more NT to me.

2. I am VERY obsessive. I am trying to find my type for a month now. I am having holidays and past 3 days i did nothing but sit in front of computer and learn about MBTI all day long.
My comment: Oh, the obsessions. Any type of N can have them. How long do these obsessions typically last? If they can possibly last for a very long while, but you might still give up without having a written-in-stone answer, it's more likely to point to P.

My comment: Is this because you really pour your heart into everything you do, so that if you can't make it perfect, you'd rather not do it at all? This is what I do. Maybe an NF trait; these are passionate folks who won't accept imperfection when it comes to things they find extremely important.

My comment: Independent thinking FTW! Still, seems more NT than NF.

My comment: What kind of situations? Is this a compassionate measure (example: It must be terrible for that dog to be stuck in a doghouse all the time without a loving owner), or is it an objective measure (example: I think conservatism is the wrong approach to govern a country, but I see why some are drawn to the concept)? The former points to NF, the latter to NT.

6. I can 'read' people quite well. Most of the time i know how person is feeling/ what are his motives etc. (and this ability? was noticed by other people, not me) Althrough i am not really motivated to help them.
My comment: NFs automatically do this; however, any type, especially INTx, can develop this ability if required.

7. Through writing i can express myself much better than in words. When i need to express something in words i talk nonsenses lol.
My comment: Most Introverts are like this.

8. I love drawing.
My comment: What style are your drawings? If realistic, it might suggest that you are an SP/Artisan, if surrealistic, it points to NF/Idealist.

My comment: That goes for most Ns.

ISTP:
My comment: You hit bull's-eye with your comments then? This sounds a little ENTP-ish to me.

My comment: The mark of a true Artisan.

My comment: Any IxTx would need that.

4. I do operate better when on 'crisis'. I love exams (even if i am not prepared, dont know anything) and doing HIIT (althrough i am not a sports person- i am lazy).
My comment: Perceiving. Apart from the fact that I find the statement 'I love exams' slightly disturbing, I think this is an excellent example of good improvisational skills. I'm the most Perceiving person I know, and one of my biggest achievements ever is that I aced a history test even though I had read the wrong chapter; you sound like you have the same ability, which points to a strong and positive P.

5. Practical (maybe?)
My comment: NTs are sometimes practical too, thanks to their desire to comprehend the underlying mechanics of things. However, the most practical person I know is an ESTP.

6. My mom is ESFJ, sister ISFP, father- INFP so there is bigger possibility me being ISTP than other types?
My comment: The heritability of personality is a strange thing. I come from a real SJ clan; my grandmother had four siblings, all different kinds of SJs (she was ESFJ herself). However, my grandfather (though he seems ISFJ) might have an underlying N, which my mother inherited (she is an ENFJ, quite an obvious one). I don't know much of my father's personality, I fortunately haven't met him in years, but I suspect a poorly developed ISTP. I ended up INTP (with a clear hint of F) myself, and I'm the only Rational I know of in my family. So I wouldn't take your family's types too seriously, they may not be a hint to your own personality at all.

My comment: That depends on past experiences. My F was underdeveloped until I turned 17 (I'm now 20); people with traumatic pasts sometimes shut down their F temporarily.

Other details:
1. I dont want to show my feelings (not emotions) because then i feel vulnerable. But i do feel a lot, i just learned how to suppress them.
My comment: IxTx, probably. The fact that you are still feeling a lot on the inside might be a result of a tough time growing up - your Feeling sides might be developing after having been suppressed at an early stage. I've been through this myself, and those feelings can rip you apart sometimes because you're not used to being in touch with them.

2. Left handed.
My comment: That could be anything, but perhaps lessening the chances of any kind of SJ personality.

My comment: Implies Extraversion.

4. What i hate* the most is fake people. I can tolerate mostly everything, but fake people, ugh.
My comment: INxx of some kind.

5. Poor social skills.
My comment: Not likely to be ExFx, but could be absolutely anything else. ENTJs can also be good with people, so that one's also less likely.

6. 'Edgy'
My comment: This has probably little to do with your real personality. Most people with a tough childhood will be somewhat edgy at some point (or all the time).

7. When drunk, i become a teddybear that starts to tell everybody how cool and wonderful they are. I do actually think that people are wonderful, but i dont show it... And i dont dance even when i am drunk lol.
My comment: Alcohol really seems to bring out sleeping personality traits! Even though you're a Feeler when drunk, that makes it less likely that you are a Feeler when sober - your F is usually suppressed by a strong T.

8. Said to appeal unique/ alienated/ wierd. When i ask why most answer like that 'you are unique in a good way. You just look like you are in the clouds and then baaam you tell something very insightful and fun. Oh ya people always remind me how childish i am.
My comment: Hello, xNxP!

My comment: How do these smiles feel, physically speaking? Do you over-use the muscles in your face? That would point to Introversion; these are fake smiles, made to conceal real feelings.

10. Interests: psychology, philosophy, biology, history, drawing, art (i love surrealism). Most of my time i spend reading (articles, books- whatever), watching documentaries, eating. Also i like 'light' tech stuff (like tablets, phones, new stuff).
My comment: This eliminates almost EVERY possibility of a Sensing personality. You are a theoretician; nearly every true theoretician is N.

I or E?
1. I like company, but i need time to be alone too. But i actually think that socializing energizes me. Once i start socializing, going out i want to experience this more and more. But if i get in my 'depressed'/ 'tired from everything' mode i isolate myself from others. Mostly it happens at holidays, especially summer. Then i dont meet people (exept my sister which lives with me) and i dont want to. I just relaaax. When i come back to school i feel energized and okay.
My comment: Introversion. Most Extraverts don't depend on their alone time the way you do.

3. I had social anxiety at past and still have a mild form. It occurs when i get too much attention.
My type: In your case, this is probably caused by environment rather than your core personality. Could be absolutely anything.

4. Had a very stressful childhood (i really did, not making it up. i dont want to write personal details here) and maybe then i developed I over E or T over F?
My comment: This is why I have second-guessed some of your statements. From personal experience, I know that this alters the personality part that can be observed by others, sometimes even what you can observe yourself too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:
First, I have to point out that every single thing about you indicates a developing personality. You are in no way written in stone just yet, and you will still discover new aspects of yourself. That makes you more difficult to type at present time.

Now, I think the sum of your statements indicates a clear INTP. I say that with 90 percent certainty. You have so many traits typical to INTPs; odds are very slight that you are anything else. That's the way things look right now, but you will probably have a period of doubt again later, before - possibly, but not guaranteed - returning to a milder version of the INTP personality. At least, that is what happened to me, but of course, I'm not everybody. People handle trauma very differently, so you might deal with these things in a completely different way than I did.

Hope that helped!

rubi2cube

INTP:
My comment: Why are you so convinced that you are in no way an INTJ? I don't actually think you are one, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.

My comment: Although INTPs are mostly associated with science, this is also a pretty common version of the type. I'm like this myself; but then again, I might be INFP.

3. Clumsy.
My comment: This is first and foremost a sign of N and maybe P; it's like the fable about Thales, the ancient Greek philosopher who ended up falling down a well because he was gazing up at the stars.

My comment: IxxPs are usually uncomfortable in leading positions and will rather take on roles where they simply share their insights in order for the actual leader to do their jobs well.

My comment: Combined with your statement that you search for universal principles, I'd say this points to a methodical nature - in order to find out what IS universal, you rule out what ISN'T universal in the process. This would hint to an xNTJ personality rather than xNTP.

My comment: Interesting. I was like this as a child myself, and in a child it signifies to me NT; however (I don't know how old or young you are), if this trait is persistent in an adult, it points to S in my opinion. INTPs are often into sensational fiction, like sci-fi or fantasy, because it allows them to play with ideas that wouldn't work in the real world. To me, this seems more ISTP than INTP, but others might disagree.

12. Procrastinator.

13. Socially awkward.

INFJ:
My comment: Is this about values or theories? An INFJ might be like this in terms of morally right or wrong; however, if this is in theoretical ideas, it seems more NT to me.

My comment: Oh, the obsessions. Any type of N can have them. How long do these obsessions typically last? If they can possibly last for a very long while, but you might still give up without having a written-in-stone answer, it's more likely to point to P.

My comment: Is this because you really pour your heart into everything you do, so that if you can't make it perfect, you'd rather not do it at all? This is what I do. Maybe an NF trait; these are passionate folks who won't accept imperfection when it comes to things they find extremely important.

My comment: What kind of situations? Is this a compassionate measure (example: It must be terrible for that dog to be stuck in a doghouse all the time without a loving owner), or is it an objective measure (example: I think conservatism is the wrong approach to govern a country, but I see why some are drawn to the concept)? The former points to NF, the latter to NT.

My comment: NFs automatically do this; however, any type, especially INTx, can develop this ability if required.

8. I love drawing.
My comment: What style are your drawings? If realistic, it might suggest that you are an SP/Artisan, if surrealistic, it points to NF/Idealist.

ISTP:
My comment: You hit bull's-eye with your comments then? This sounds a little ENTP-ish to me.

My comment: Perceiving. Apart from the fact that I find the statement 'I love exams' slightly disturbing, I think this is an excellent example of good improvisational skills. I'm the most Perceiving person I know, and one of my biggest achievements ever is that I aced a history test even though I had read the wrong chapter; you sound like you have the same ability, which points to a strong and positive P.

5. Practical (maybe?)
My comment: NTs are sometimes practical too, thanks to their desire to comprehend the underlying mechanics of things. However, the most practical person I know is an ESTP.

My comment: The heritability of personality is a strange thing. I come from a real SJ clan; my grandmother had four siblings, all different kinds of SJs (she was ESFJ herself. However, my grandfather (though he seems ISFJ) might have an underlying N, which my mother inherited (she is an ENFJ, quite an obvious one). I don't know much of my father's personality, I fortunately haven't met him in years, but I suspect a poorly developed ISTP. I ended up INTP (with a clear hint of F) myself, and I'm the only Rational I know of in my family. So I wouldn't take your family's types too seriously, they may not be a hint to your own personality at all.

My comment: That depends on past experiences. My F was underdeveloped until I turned 17 (I'm now 20); people with traumatic pasts sometimes shut down their F temporarily.

Other details:
My comment: IxTx, probably. The fact that you are still feeling a lot on the inside might be a result of a tough time growing up - your Feeling sides might be developing after having been suppressed at an early stage. I've been through this myself, and those feelings can rip you apart sometimes because you're not used to being in touch with them.

2. Left handed.
My comment: That could be anything, but perhaps lessening the chances of any kind of SJ personality.

5. Poor social skills.
My comment: Not likely to be ExFx, but could be absolutely anything else. ENTJs can also be good with people, so that one's also less likely.

6. 'Edgy'
My comment: This has probably little to do with your real personality. Most people with a tough childhood will be somewhat edgy at some point (or all the time).

My comment: Alcohol really seems to bring out sleeping personality traits! Even though you're a Feeler when drunk, that makes it less likely that you are a Feeler when sober - your F is usually suppressed by a strong T.

My comment: How do these smiles feel, physically speaking? Do you over-use the muscles in your face? That would point to Introversion; these are fake smiles, made to conceal real feelings.

My comment: This eliminates almost EVERY possibility of a Sensing personality. You are a theoretician; nearly every true theoretician is N.

I or E?
My comment: Introversion. Most Extraverts don't depend on their alone time the way you do.

My type: In your case, this is probably caused by environment rather than your core personality. Could be absolutely anything.

My comment: This is why I have second-guessed some of your statements. From personal experience, I know that this alters the personality part that can be observed by others, sometimes even what you can observe yourself too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:
First, I have to point out that every single thing about you indicates a developing personality. You are in no way written in stone just yet, and you will still discover new aspects of yourself. That makes you more difficult to type at present time.

Now, I think the sum of your statements indicates a clear INTP. I say that with 90 percent certainty. You have so many traits typical to INTPs; odds are very slight that you are anything else. That's the way things look right now, but you will probably have a period of doubt again later, before - possibly, but not guaranteed - returning to a milder version of the INTP personality. At least, that is what happened to me, but of course, I'm not everybody. People handle trauma very differently, so you might deal with these things in a completely different way than I did.

Hope that helped!

WOW, thank you so much for such an informative response!!!

I dont think i am INTJ because:
1. They tend to take themselves very seriously. And they are serious. I am not very serious.
2. They strive for 'perfect' at everything. I am perfectionist at stuff i am responsible for (to other people)/ intrested in (to have fun and express myself). At other things i watch carelessly (homework... )
3. I kind of care what other people think of me...

7. I am 17 now. I looove sci- fi, especially futuristic ones. But pure fantastical ones- no.

1. Both? Theories- yes, i am rigid. Not sure about values.
3. Exacly. For that reason i was deeply in eating disorders. Random grades for that reason too.
5. When i cant understand someone from my point. To understand exacly what person meant, what does he want, how he perceived me etc etc. Mostly, when something goes wrong/ dont know what to do/ want to help. To know how person looks to the world/ feel.
8. Surrealistic, definitely.

1. Haha, yes. But this 'thing' is ISTP thing too. I have read about it somewhere. That ISTPs 'observe and hit'.
4. By 'exams' i meant 'tests' my fault. Anyways, i dont know anyone that would like them. I quess we are lucky then.
6. Lol, i dont know my father's type too- it is a pure quess from stories (althrough it is obvious he was N)..

9. Well... until i was like 13 year old i didnt smiled at all. People always told me to smile more, so i did. At first i felt like faking, i was feeling 'muscles' all the time. Now it natural, althrough i still smile when i want to hide feelings. I quess i am introvert.

rubi2cube

INTP:

3. Clumsy.

12. Procrastinator.

13. Socially awkward.

INFJ:

8. I love drawing.

ISTP:

5. Practical (maybe?)

My comment: The heritability of personality is a strange thing. I come from a real SJ clan; my grandmother had four siblings, all different kinds of SJs (she was ESFJ herself. However, my grandfather (though he seems ISFJ) might have an underlying N, which my mother inherited (she is an ENFJ, quite an obvious one). I don't know much of my father's personality, I fortunately haven't met him in years, but I suspect a poorly developed ISTP. I ended up INTP (with a clear hint of F) myself, and I'm the only Rational I know of in my family. So I wouldn't take your family's types too seriously, they may not be a hint to your own personality at all.

Other details:

2. Left handed.

5. Poor social skills.

6. 'Edgy'

I or E?

Conclusion:

Hope that helped!

WOW, thank you so much for such an informative response!!!

I dont think i am INTJ because:
1. They tend to take themselves very seriously. And they are serious. I am not very serious.
2. They strive for 'perfect' at everything. I am perfectionist at stuff i am responsible for (to other people)/ intrested in (to have fun and express myself). At other things i watch carelessly (homework... )
3. I kind of care what other people think of me...

7. I am 17 now. I looove sci- fi, especially futuristic ones. But pure fantastical ones- no.

1. Both? Theories- yes, i am rigid. Not sure about values.
3. Exacly. For that reason i was deeply in eating disorders. Random grades for that reason too.
5. When i cant understand someone from my point. To understand exacly what person meant, what does he want, how he perceived me etc etc. Mostly, when something goes wrong/ dont know what to do/ want to help. To know how person looks to the world/ feel.
8. Surrealistic, definitely.

1. Haha, yes. But this 'thing' is ISTP thing too. I have read about it somewhere. That ISTPs 'observe and hit'.
4. By 'exams' i meant 'tests' my fault. Anyways, i dont know anyone that would like them. I quess we are lucky then.
6. Lol, i dont know my father's type too- it is a pure quess from stories (althrough it is obvious he was N)..

9. Well... until i was like 13 year old i didnt smiled at all. People always told me to smile more, so i did. At first i felt like faking, i was feeling 'muscles' all the time. Now it natural, althrough i still smile when i want to hide feelings. I quess i am introvert.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, people's smiles tell a lot about who they are. I hardly ever smile genuinely, and if I do, it looks more like a smirk than a real smile. Wow, we should start a messed-up-INTP club, seems we've had our difficulties in life and come out alright as the genius INTPs we are :D