• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another INTP or ENTP identity crysis

tbgspitfire

OK so basically i like talking to people, meeting new people, getting to know them and stuff like that but i can't stand being around them ALL day (or if i have to be around them all day i need to take the next day off to balance out or something). When i have guests that are staying over for example it's really.. i don't wanna say disturbing but you get the idea, i can't get a minute to myself. So some days i'm fine with just sitting in front of my computer all day reading about stuff i'm interested in. After a while of that though (2-3 days max?) i need to go out and talk to other people. I'm really introspective (or so i think?) but at the same time i love explaining theories and what not to people, public speaking and just talking to people in general.
Any ideas whether i'm an I or an E type?

EDIT:
To add to that when i get pissed off at something or i'm feeling cranky i just want everyone to leave me alone. Or does that not have any relation to my type?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You sound extraverted. INTPs don't go out and meet people. They spend their time in solitary places to get inspiration. You do that a bit, but you don't thrive on it. You also like talking about ideas, whereas INTPs enjoy thinking about ideas. All of this seems more ENTP>INTP.

tbgspitfire

Most of my friends tend to think so. Often times i hear "you talk too much/you just go on and on..". Thanks for your answer, i appreciate it.

ummm

MBTI Type
ENTP
Very easily confused type as far as I/E are concerned. But you aren't analyzing it in terms of functions. Extraversion and introversion are not purely social behaviors in Jungian terms. More like an orientation to the world,which includes people.

l'm also a reserved extravert, most likely ENTP. Ti isn't my dominant function and l'm less analytical than an INTP, an INTP can remain comfortable without socialization possible because of this, more drive to analyze details and spend more time doing so, typically done more effectively away from people anyway.

l have periods of doing this but it is decidedly not my primary mode of functioning.

Nicki

Retired
Most of my friends tend to think so. Often times i hear "you talk too much/you just go on and on..". Thanks for your answer, i appreciate it.

That could be dom Ne rambling. I think you're an ENTP too.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Try and figure out your dominant function. Is it Ne, or Ti? In other words, do you spend most of your time focusing on generating ideas, or are you more introspective of your ideas and dig deeper into them?

Qoi

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Finding out your enneagram helps immensely in that regard. I was always confused about my type, but then I found out that's natural for a 6 to do. I also mention enneagram because that has a lot more to do with behavior than MBTI. What you're giving right now is not function related and therefore won't get you the answer you're looking for. Actually, it probably will, but it won't necessarily be the right one.

I suggest reading up on functions and asking questions about them specifically if you're really interested in finding out. :nerd:

tbgspitfire

Is the "not finishing most projects/ideas" thing an Ne-dom trait? Because that seems to be the case with me. I would get really into something for some time... and then randomly decide i don't care about it anymore and drop it. Pretty sure that's what's happening with my career choice but that's another story.

R

Riva

Do you feel like (have to) acting on opportunities (ep) or what-ever-is-that-intps-do?

S

Society

all the arrows point in the same direction.

the first rule of ENTP club: you tell everyone you're in ENTP club.
the second rule of ENTP club: you tell everyone you're in ENTP club.

the third rule of ENTP club: do not remove watches & sharp objects.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finding out your enneagram helps immensely in that regard. I was always confused about my type, but then I found out that's natural for a 6 to do. I also mention enneagram because that has a lot more to do with behavior than MBTI. What you're giving right now is not function related and therefore won't get you the answer you're looking for. Actually, it probably will, but it won't necessarily be the right one.

I suggest reading up on functions and asking questions about them specifically if you're really interested in finding out. :nerd:

Functions aren't the only way to go about determining MBTI type. I somewhat agree with using the Enneagram, but there's always the possibility of a 6 who is an INTP, or whatever.