• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I think I may have my type figured out - can anymore confirm?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
So, I believe that I am an INTJ 5w4/4w3/1w2 so/sx. Strange combination, true, but I can see a lot of evidence in myself and I'm looking for external confirmation because. You know. Why not? :)

SO LET'S BREAK IT DOWN.

I:
* I'm very internally based (thoughts, values, feelings, opinions)
* I am fine spending time alone working on my own projects
* I have an internal 'filter' first -- I consult myself, then the outside world in any circumstance
* I spend a lot of time inside of my own head
* I am shy, quiet, and reserved
* I feel more comfortable alone, though I like company, and it takes a lot of work for me to express myself/interact outside of my comfort zone
* I have difficulty approaching others and am hesitant when it comes to reaching out
* I get tired after too much social interaction
* If I interact with the external world for too long I feel drained

N:
* I have a big imagination
* I don't notice small details, instead, I tend to more easily grasp the 'big picture'
* I prefer abstract, intangible, philosophical topics to more immediate ones
* I have been told to 'bring it back down to earth' for my tendency to be too out there
* I constantly have my head in the clouds
* I am good at figuring out cause and effect
* I look at situations from multiple perspectives
* I think about things deeply and look into things deeply
* I try to prod friends to take a less conventional view on things and bring up topics that have no basis in objective reality

T:
* I have a strong sense of logical reasoning
* I can be insensitive to people's feelings
* I show very little emotion on my face
* I tend to believe I'm always right
* I'm good at reasoning and have good common sense
* I generally place what would have the best result above other's emotions
* I reject people's emotions when they are irrational
* I am very analytical
* I over-think everything

J:
* I like to plan things before I do them
* I prefer to know what I am getting into before I get into it
* I like having closure on decisions
* I have difficulty going too much with the flow
* I plan out actions before I act them out
* I prefer to complete tasks before slacking off

~

Ni:
* I consider many different points of view
* I do not consider anything to be objectively absolute
* I prefer to think about one or a few things deeply than to follow multiple ideas at once
* I prefer to immerse myself in one task than to multitask
* I see what physical things are meant to represent instead of what they are
* I enjoy playing with different definitions of reality
* I automatically see different perspectives to the same situation

Te:
* I enjoy making lists, splitting tasks up, and being efficient
* I see an efficient way to do the things I want and attempt to execute my plans
* I prefer to do things step-by-step
* I consult reliable external sources to support my reasonings
* I categorize things both mentally and physically
* I have a tendency to label or name things
* I have a strong sense of logic but like to check to make sure my logic is sound

Fi:
* I am not expressive with my emotions
* Revealing too much of myself feels inappropriate and too private
* I am very hard to read and good at portraying something other than how I feel
* I have internally-based morals that would bend for no one
* I don't like to say that anything is objectively right/wrong
* I do not appeal to community values in terms of morality

Se:
* I can pick up on minute details in the environment
* I like to think about reality and how it can bend based on perspective of it
* I enjoy indulging in material things and looking nice
* Living in the moment can be fun with the right people

~

5w4:
* I have a deep thirst for knowledge and love to learn
* I enjoy learning about many different subjects
* I am internally based and very aware of my own thoughts and feelings
* I over analyze
* I often feel detached from the environment
* I pause and think about how to react before I react
* I feel objectively about most things, for better or worse

4w3:
* I enjoy thinking of myself as different and thrive off of compliments
* I consider how the things I do will make me come across to others
* I like to wear outrageous outfits for attention
* Status is important to me
* I strive for success
* I am a glutton for my own feelings and can over indulge
* I feel some things more strongly than I can fathom to believe anyone else does

1w2:
* I am assertive
* I have a variety of moral beliefs related to people
* I enjoy helping others out
* I place importance on proper behavior, what you should and should not do
* I can be incredibly stubborn, especially with those who disagree with me
* I have a logical approach to my anger
* I tend to repress my anger because I don't want to look bad by expressing it

so:
* I seem like an extrovert because I really enjoy groups
* I always look for a group I can fit into
* Being with a group usually excites me more than being with a single person
* I am aware of social graces and social positions
* I have a tendency to come out of my shell in a group that I am comfortable with

sx:
* I always have a specific interest or focus that I immerse myself in
* I can be very attached to people
* My approach to love is very intense and I have to train myself to not come on too strong
* I can fall in and out of love very quickly
* I test out chemistry with people when I meet them

Do you guys think I have a legit enough list of reasons? I'm sure I appealed to some stereotypes in there, but oh well. Feel free to give me feedback.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You seem like a 5w6. By the way, that has got to be the greatest, most effective list of personality traits I have ever seen.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
You seem like a 5w6. By the way, that has got to be the greatest, most effective list of personality traits I have ever seen.

You think everything else is right, though? Awesome.
I think I have a much stronger 4 influence than I do 6, but it's definitely possible that I have a 6 wing.
Thank you, by the way. It took me two days to complete it. (Not all at once. I don't have that much free time.)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You think everything else is right, though? Awesome.
I think I have a much stronger 4 influence than I do 6, but it's definitely possible that I have a 6 wing.
Thank you, by the way. It took me two days to complete it. (Not all at once. I don't have that much free time.)

You're welcome. As for the 5's wing type, I can only speak to the part you wrote about 5w4, in that it only related to the type 5 and not 5w4 or 5w6. The So category in your post makes me think you have a 6-wing:

"I seem like an extrovert because I really enjoy groups," among other comments.

Compare this -

"Suspicion combines with analytical detachment in average 5/6. The fiveish desire to know the reasons for everything combines with sixish skepticism to create a dry, sometimes intolerant personality. Because the six-wing wants to be liked, they want to be sociable and have friends. But the interaction of the sixish mistrust and the fiveish analysis makes it difficult for them to get close to very many people. They may have more trouble approaching others than the more sociable 6/5. Unlike 5/4, 5/6 may be more interested in politics than nature, more interested in conspiracy theories than physics theories."

To this -

"Average 5/4 is the prototype personality for research scientists. Analytical and detached from their emotions, but passionate about beauty and truth, they want to find the ultimate, simple explanation for everything. Their intellectual fiveness makes them likely to engage in long, professorial monologues, while their four-wing gives them a shy self-consciousness. Unlike the more depressive 4/5, they are likely to have a generally optimistic view, although they can get depressed if they become overwhelmed by the world's demands. 5/4s are usually less interested in social interactions than the more other-dependent 5/6."

http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-forum-investigator/39233-enneatype-5-wings.html

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
You're welcome. As for the 5's wing type, I can only speak to the part you wrote about 5w4, in that it only related to the type 5 and not 5w4 or 5w6. The So category in your post makes me think you have a 6-wing:

"I seem like an extrovert because I really enjoy groups," among other comments.

Compare this -

"Suspicion combines with analytical detachment in average 5/6. The fiveish desire to know the reasons for everything combines with sixish skepticism to create a dry, sometimes intolerant personality. Because the six-wing wants to be liked, they want to be sociable and have friends. But the interaction of the sixish mistrust and the fiveish analysis makes it difficult for them to get close to very many people. They may have more trouble approaching others than the more sociable 6/5. Unlike 5/4, 5/6 may be more interested in politics than nature, more interested in conspiracy theories than physics theories."

To this -

"Average 5/4 is the prototype personality for research scientists. Analytical and detached from their emotions, but passionate about beauty and truth, they want to find the ultimate, simple explanation for everything. Their intellectual fiveness makes them likely to engage in long, professorial monologues, while their four-wing gives them a shy self-consciousness. Unlike the more depressive 4/5, they are likely to have a generally optimistic view, although they can get depressed if they become overwhelmed by the world's demands. 5/4s are usually less interested in social interactions than the more other-dependent 5/6."

http://personalitycafe.com/type-5-forum-investigator/39233-enneatype-5-wings.html

I relate to both, more to 5w4 though tbh. I've read some 5w4 descriptions that were absolutely spot on before. As in, without a question, it was me. I think my seeming extroversion comes from so/sx though, no?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I relate to both, more to 5w4 though tbh. I've read some 5w4 descriptions that were absolutely spot on before. As in, without a question, it was me. I think my seeming extroversion comes from so/sx though, no?

Extroversion is not a matter of sociability or any instinctual preferences. It just a label indicating that you are energized by interacting with the external world. But you call it a "seeming" extroversion. You say you really enjoy groups, but you don't say that you draw energy from them. Nor do you go into detail about what you identify with in 5w4 descriptions. The 5w4 descriptions you like may have come from anywhere, even from a member of another forum. I can't verify the accuracy of the descriptions you mentioned if you don't cite your sources. My personality cafe quotes originated from mindheart.org.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Extroversion is not a matter of sociability or any instinctual preferences. It just a label indicating that you are energized by interacting with the external world. But you call it a "seeming" extroversion. You say you really enjoy groups, but you don't say that you draw energy from them. Nor do you go into detail about what you identify with in 5w4 descriptions. The 5w4 descriptions you like may have come from anywhere, even from a member of another forum. I can't verify the accuracy of the descriptions you mentioned if you don't cite your sources. My personality cafe quotes originated from mindheart.org.

Here you go.
http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.com/ Incredibly accurate description of Five and 5w4, for me.
It's been a long time since I got into MBTI. A year ago, I never would have considered that I got energy from groups because I was used to having groups wear me out, but I've started making friends recently. And after a recent fun night out with said friends, I was incredibly antsy to go out with them again, because I had so much fun. I guess it depends how you define 'energy'. If you mean 'I feel less worn out', then no, I don't really get energy from external groups. I can feel tired by myself, too, but being around others usually makes it worse. But if you mean 'I feel happier', then I was a lot happier with that group than I've been by myself for a long time. Just letting go, going with the flow, and living in the present. It felt incredible. I rarely, if ever, do that otherwise.