• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Such Irony's stacking thread

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know I've asked this before, but I'm still not totally sure if I'm SP>SO>SX or SO>SP>SX. The people over on Typewatch solidly put me in the SO>SP>SX camp. However, I'm leaning slightly towards SP>SO>>>>>SX.

Here are my responses to the stacking questionnaire, courtesy of this thread.

Thoughts?

Self-preservation (Need to protect and preserve)
1. Do you tend to save money and are cautious about spending it?
Yes, very much so. I hate the thought of being poor and not being able to provide for myself.

2. Are you security oriented? Ready to protect yourself, those close to you and your resources?
Definitely.

3. Are you fairly consistent? Like things known and regular? No big chances?
In general I’m pretty consistent and not much of a risk taker. I don’t take a lot of big chances- only if the odds of a positive outcome are generally in my favor.

4. Do you dislike taking big risks unless it’s a “sure” thing?
Somewhat. I don’t there’s anything that’s an absolute “sure” thing. There are things that are highly probable or improbable though. I don’t take many big risks and when I do, it’s well thought out in terms of what I have to potentially gain or lose. I think of the worst that could happen, how likely it is to happen and how I’ll cope with the consequences should it happen. I’m not going to take a big risk unless there’s a reasonably good chance of a positive outcome and even if the outcome ends up negative, I feel confident in my ability to deal with the consequences. If not, then I don’t take the risk.

5. Are you fairly private? Not revealing too much to strangers?
Generally yes, until I feel more comfortable around you and trust you.

6. Do you tend to be introverted?
Yes. I’m absorbed in my own thoughts and feelings most of the time. They are often more entertaining to me than the company of others.

7. Do you understand money? Securities? Investments?
I understand the importance of saving it and investing for the future. I don’t understand all of the investment terminology and all the ins and outs of picking the best stocks.

8. Do you tend to plan for the future? Ready for emergencies?
Financially, yes.
As far as emergency planning, I could be better about some things. When I’m in a building or at the workplace for example, I usually don’t take the time to learn the emergency evacuation routes unless I’m doing so for mandatory company training.
My car has some emergency supplies like a blanket and emergency flashers but lacks other things like food and a spare tire.
So I’m all over the map regarding this.

9. Are you concerned about health? Safety? Comfort? Home? Hearth?
Definite yes to the first three.
Home and hearth to a lesser extent. I do like having a sense of ‘home’ so to speak but I’m also not overly attached to it like some people.
I kind of like to move around when I get sick of living somewhere.
As long as I have some sort of shelter over my head and it’s comfortable and safe, I’m good.

10. Are you worried about what may go wrong? Tend to imagine worse case scenarios?
Somewhat. I’m wondering how much of this is due to 6 wing though.
It depends on the situation. Some situations I’ll do this; some others interestingly I do the opposite where I don’t anticipate potential problems enough. The majority are somewhere between the two extremes.

11. Do you like things spelled out? Details? Exact information? Guarantees?
I like knowing what to expect and what’s expected of me.
I like having some sense of guarantee, like if you stay with us X number of years, we’ll give you a raise- that sort of thing.
I have a love/hate relationship with details and exact information. Too much of it can be overwhelming and cause needless confusion and distraction. I also hate being micromanaged. Just give me a general idea of what you want me to do and let me go about it in my own way.
On the other hand, I don’t like much ambiguity and I want enough details to resolve it so there is no chance for misunderstanding.

12. In relationships, do you take care of others financially?
I’ve never had to take care of anyone financially. Luckily I’ve only ever dated financially responsible people.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Social (Need for Social Validation)

1. Do you need or really like social validation?
Sort of. I don’t think I could handle being a complete outcast.
On the other hand I don’t blindly follow social conventions and I have some unusual viewpoints on some things.

2. Is social image important to you?
Yes. I’m not what you call a social climber by any means but I do want be generally regarded by others as a successful, good person.

3. Do you have desires/fantasies of being rewarded in a social or public arena?
Depends on what you mean by reward. Basically, I just want to be seen as highly competent and influential in my chosen field.

4. Do you think about your affect on others, groups, organizations, and the world?
Yes, I want people to think positive of me and as someone who’s made a positive difference.

5. Is it very important to you to look good in public, groups, work, and the world? Is name recognition important, either yours or others?
Yes, looking good matters. Name recognition less so. I don’t seek to be world famous or anything like that but if I made a noteworthy accomplishment at work for example, then I’d like some recognition for it I suppose.

6. Are you upset if you don’t get enough validation, reward for the hard and creative work you do in a social context or for a social cause?
I’m not sure how to answer this one. A lot of the work I do, is stuff that just needs to get done or it’s personally important to me but not others and I don’t expect a reward for it.
On the other hand if I’ve worked very hard at something and my performance is criticized, that really stings.
I’m not currently doing any thing for social causes.

7. Are you involved in groups, organizations and team oriented activities?
I belong to a few online forums, a couple of gaming groups and a book club. I enjoy groups where a common interest is shared.
I don’t really enjoy working on teams though. I much prefer to work alone and then share my findings with others who seem interested. Listen to their input and ideas and resume working alone again.

8. Is belonging to special groups or being a leader of a group important to you?
I don’t really care about being the leader, usually I prefer to let someone else lead. I am willing to take on a leadership role if asked though and/or it’s some cause I’m very passionate about.
I like belonging to groups with a shared interest but it’s not the most important thing to me. It’s not essential.

9. Are you strongly upset if you feel not included or rejected by a group or family or not invited to a social event?
Depends how close I am to the people that rejected me and the event and how badly I wanted to attend it. Sometimes I don’t even notice or care. In a few cases, I may even be relieved, like if it’s a social event and I only sort of know one person and everyone else is a total stranger.
I think family rejection would really hurt, like I if I wasn’t invited to my sister’s wedding or something like that. That would never happen though. My family’s really close-knit.

10. Do you make your money through your association with groups affecting a large number of people?
I’m a librarian at an urban library. The work I do, affects the community at large as libraries are at heart community organizations.

11. Do you get really upset if you make a social faux pas? Do you think about and plan out how you will be or present yourself in public?
Regarding social faux pas, it depends on the severity of it and the company I’m with. If I’m with family or close friends, I don’t get too upset because I know they’ll still love me and accept me. But with people I don’t know as well, I can get very insecure about my social standing after the faux pas. I can ruminate for long periods of time afterwards about what I should have said or done.
I do think and plan how I will present myself in public to some extent but I don’t overly worry about it.

12. Are you the social instigator and connector in your family?
Hardly ever. My mother is usually the one introducing me to others and coordinating the gatherings.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sexual (Need for Relationship Closeness)

1. Do you define yourself through a romantic or close partnership? Is closeness with another person of paramount importance?
No, I don’t define myself that way.
I do need some people contact- everyone does. Luckily I get that through my family and friends. I don’t need extreme closeness but I do need others in my life who understand me.

2. Do you like intense energy, particularly in relating to people? Are you energized when you have a revealing conversation or engagement with another, particularly a special other?
Sort of, but stuff that’s too deep and personal I can find rather scary because I worry that the others person isn’t going to be receptive or accept me for who I am.
I guess I’m more comfortable with either more lighthearted conversations or more intellectually oriented discussions that don’t deal with me personally.

3. Do you tend to focus more attention on close relationships than money?
Aside from my family, I don’t have any close relationships so I’m not sure this question really applies to me.
I’m not overly obsessed with either one. I want some level of understanding from others and to feel financially secure.

4. Does money relate to how a partner will see you more than security for yourself?
Not in my case it doesn’t. For me, money is much more about security or personal enjoyment than image.

5. Are money and resources less for self and more to please an intimate other?
Mostly, it’s for myself. I don’t have a significant other right now.
I don’t use money as a means of pleasing someone. That’s silly.

6. Does your attention go more to how well you relate to a partner or potential partner than to other concerns?
No. I’m not in a relationship.

7. Would others describe you as dramatic? Do you like to go deep with things?
I’m not at all the dramatic type and dramatic people tend to turn me off.
I do like to go deep with things though such as having a deep and meaningful conversation with someone. Sometimes it can be scary but it can also be rewarding, as I alluded to in question #2

8. Do you tend to be in the moment and not think as much about the future or your future security?
No. If anything, I should probably loosen up more and not worry about the future so much.

9. Do you have an urge to merge? Do you “lose yourself” with an important other at times?
I’m still not clear what exactly ‘merging’ means. I do like feeling a sense of oneness with the other person and ‘we are in this together.’ I like it when we think and feel so much alike, it’s as if we share a soul. If that’s what you mean by merging, then, yes.
If someone is really important to me, I will put a lot of effort into making sure the other person is happy, even if it means putting my their needs above my own at times. However I’m careful not to completely lose track of my own needs and I’ll make sure that my needs get met too some of the time.

10. Do you like risk taking? New experiences? Tend to get bored without enough stimulation particularly in the area of relationships?
I’m not a big risk taker but am willing to a take a few minor risks where the stakes for losing aren’t so high.
I do like experiencing new things but probably don’t seek it out as much as I could be, since I’m in my own mind so much of the time.
I rarely get bored. My mind is entertaining company in itself most of the time.

11. Are you focused more on connection with another and forget your own priorities?
I will put others’ needs ahead of my own sometimes but I never forgot my own priorities. See question #9

12. Do you focus a lot on sexuality, romantic fantasies or mystical spiritual experiences?
No, it hardly ever crosses my mind.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any guesses?

H

Hate

SP > SO > SX

I can't provide any reasoning though, this is just based on intuition.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll third that.

I

Infinite Bubble

Since you seem most confident about SP, I guess that's what you are primarily. You're definitely right about SX being very much behind the other two.

that's what my instinct says too

Ha, nice work Garth, you little punster! Very punny indeed.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm SP but I'm no SP.

Okay that was lame.

Thanks for the feedback.

revises signature

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sx last and that's all I can say for sure.

[MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] you're a 5 so you're naturally going to lean toward Sp - that makes it difficult to discern your subtype. Judging by your answers you sound Sp-like but your So answers are no different to what I would have written.

I have thought of you as a fellow So for a while now, but that's based less on facts and more on my instinctive impression. You do seem to frequent So-style threads a lot too - and the types of arguments you put forth often feel Social-first in nature too.

I may just be biased though :shrug:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sx last and that's all I can say for sure.

@SuchIrony you're a 5 so you're naturally going to lean toward Sp - that makes it difficult to discern your subtype. Judging by your answers you sound Sp-like but your So answers are no different to what I would have written.

I have thought of you as a fellow So for a while now, but that's based less on facts and more on my instinctive impression. You do seem to frequent So-style threads a lot too - and the types of arguments you put forth often feel Social-first in nature too.

I may just be biased though :shrug:

A curious question but what would soc threads be and what is an soc way of communicating?

But yes, skimming through the OP's questionnaire the mindset and attitude is very foreign to me so sx last definitely. The 5 subtypes are harder to discern from each other too unless you touch the 5's instinctual sweet spot.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A curious question but what would soc threads be and what is an soc way of communicating?
Well, IMO the social instinct is about holding different ideas/perspectives/people/things in your head at once, and grouping and/or differentiating between them. It's not necessarily including a judgement in this (ie. ____ is better than ___ ); it's generally discerning similarities and differences or recognising the specific, unique aspects of something. It's sort of like that Sesame Street game, "One of these things is not like the other".

IMO Social-style threads include, or discuss, this sort of stuff:

- general comparing and contrasting
- cultural differences
- religion, politics, or idealogical issues
- controversial/debated current affairs or social issues
- what is or isn't appropriate/acceptable/legitimate etc
- advocating certain causes
- listing, categorising, or choosing personal preferences
- opinions/interpretations of music, television, films, books etc
- archetypes, stereotypes and generalisations

It's true that any type can be interested in these sorts of topics but Social-firsts spend more time on them.

I also recognise that not all Social-firsts are interested in all of these things. My Dad is a Social-first but he's a 9w8 and a ISTP which makes him rather detached about a lot of things - besides he doesn't much like talking about something just for the sake of it. Although it comes out in different ways with him. He and I have this game when a song comes on the radio (usually 50s, 60s or 70s music - which we are both interested in) and we challenge one another to guess who sang it. Even my Si-dom mum hates this game, so I know it's not specific to Si- style knowledge gathering (and my Dad doesn't use Si anyway). To me, it's like a form of So-style competition. :D

Anyway to bring it back on topic, if I were to go through the list of threads [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] (I hope you won't mind) has posted in, you can see that many of them fit within that list above. Here's just the first 2 pages. I've bolded the ones I think are particularly Social-style threads (or would be attractive topics to So-firsts), although some of the others might be as well. And sometimes it's not the thread itself that is related to the Social instinct related, it can be the way the person engages in the topic:

Thread: Which country would you like to eliminate?
Thread: "How many guys have you slept with?"
Thread: How do you know if a woman is a thinker or a feeler?
Thread: Guess the musical tastes of the poster above you.
Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?
Thread: Post your handwriting
Thread: Guess the musical tastes of the poster above you.
Thread: The Truth About Economics
Thread: "My Dream is to be a Wife"
Thread: TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
Thread: Trying to zero in on my type, after looking into functions more. Help please.
Thread: Odd man out (by title alone!)
Thread: Have You Ever Caught Anyone Doin' It?!
Thread: How do you know if a woman is a thinker or a feeler?
Thread: Let's play "Would You Rather"
Thread: Trying to zero in on my type, after looking into functions more. Help please.
Thread: What's your favourite type of 'creation'?
Thread: What's my type questionnaire
Thread: Do people have friends who are a similar type?
Thread: What's your favourite trait about yourself and why?
Thread: Let's play "Would You Rather"
Thread: In the future...
Thread: What's Your Instinctual Stacking?
Thread: ENTPs, what are your two strongest letters
Thread: ENTPs, what are your two strongest letters?
Thread: Four temperaments within the NT temperament
Thread: Which type do you think gets scared the easiest?
Thread: AyoitsStepho's Disco
Thread: Socionics quadras - How one behavioral group experiences another.
Thread: What's your trifix
Thread: Post gross stereotypes here!
Thread: What's your instinctual stacking?

Thread: Such Irony's stacking thread
Thread: What would happen if NTs are the only ones who exist in this world?
Thread: Four temperaments within the NT temperament
Thread: Are all INFPs obsessed with Ramen?
Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?
Thread: 4's and drama
Thread: What do you know?
Thread: "Your intelligence is quite attractive..."
Thread: What do you hate about yourself?
Thread: What do you know?
Thread: My child is ISJ
Thread: Is The Person Above You Accurately Typed?
Thread: What do you hate about yourself?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. And on what basis would you judge those particular threads and his participation in them indicative of the soc instinct (I have participated in some of them as well but I'm clearly soc last XD)?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, IMO the social instinct is about holding different ideas/perspectives/people/things in your head at once, and grouping and/or differentiating between them. It's not necessarily including a judgement in this (ie. ____ is better than ___ ); it's generally discerning similarities and differences or recognising the specific, unique aspects of something. It's sort of like that Sesame Street game, "One of these things is not like the other".

IMO Social-style threads include, or discuss, this sort of stuff:

- general comparing and contrasting
- cultural differences
- religion, politics, or idealogical issues
- controversial/debated current affairs or social issues
- what is or isn't appropriate/acceptable/legitimate etc
- advocating certain causes
- listing, categorising, or choosing personal preferences
- opinions/interpretations of music, television, films, books etc
- archetypes, stereotypes and generalisations

It's true that any type can be interested in these sorts of topics but Social-firsts spend more time on them.

I guess my posting pattern does indicate a focus on these sorts of threads. I tend to find these thread topics the most interesting.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting. And on what basis would you judge those particular threads and his participation in them indicative of the soc instinct (I have participated in some of them as well but I'm clearly soc last XD)?
Most of them I'm going on the title but a few that were vague I looked up what they were about.

Some of them are drawing opinions on 'issues' (eg. "My Dream is to be a Wife"), some of them are about choosing preferences (eg. "would you rather"), some are about discerning differences (eg."Trying to zero in on my type, after looking into functions more. Help please."), some are about generalisations (eg. stereotypes like, "Are all INFPs obsessed with Ramen?", or "Which type do you think gets scared the easiest?"), and some are inviting people to draw comparisons (eg. "Post your handwriting").

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that everyone who posts in those threads is a So-first. Other people could be attracted to those topics for different reasons. I think it's the pattern that I see SuchIrony posting in so many threads like these and more importantly the ways she chooses to respond in these threads. When a So-first responds in such threads it is with a specific intention in mind. For example, I posted a bit in one of the gun control threads, which is very much an "issue" thread that would draw So-firsts to it. Others (Sp or Sx-firsts) might post there because they have a gun and want to protect their rights to it, or because they know someone that was a victim of gun violence, or just because they think guns are just stupid and wrong - but I post there because I see it as an issue I want to debate. People can have a different attitude to the same thread and want different things out of it. Does that make sense?

I guess my posting pattern does indicate a focus on these sorts of threads. I tend to find these thread topics the most interesting.
Yeah, exactly. Me too.

I think people get bogged down in thinking the Social instinct is all about networking, hierarchies and socialising. Those might be just a few ways to apply the same basic thinking. If you're an ambitious, business-minded e3, discerning differences in social structures and in whom has power and influence is going to be important. If you're a gregarious e7, you're going to use it to connect with other people through discerning differences in various social environments and learning to adapt to them. You're a 5 so you're it's going to be used to master knowledge and perhaps engage in debate.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of them I'm going on the title but a few that were vague I looked up what they were about.

Some of them are drawing opinions on 'issues' (eg. "My Dream is to be a Wife"), some of them are about choosing preferences (eg. "would you rather"), some are about discerning differences (eg."Trying to zero in on my type, after looking into functions more. Help please."), some are about generalisations (eg. stereotypes like, "Are all INFPs obsessed with Ramen?", or "Which type do you think gets scared the easiest?"), and some are inviting people to draw comparisons (eg. "Post your handwriting").

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that everyone who posts in those threads is a So-first. Other people could be attracted to those topics for different reasons. I think it's the pattern that I see SuchIrony posting in so many threads like these and more importantly the ways she chooses to respond in these threads. When a So-first responds in such threads it is with a specific intention in mind. For example, I posted a bit in one of the gun control threads, which is very much an "issue" thread that would draw So-firsts to it. Others (Sp or Sx-firsts) might post there because they have a gun and want to protect their rights to it, or because they know someone that was a victim of gun violence, or just because they think guns are just stupid and wrong - but I post there because I see it as an issue I want to debate. People can have a different attitude to the same thread and want different things out of it. Does that make sense?

Thanks a lot! That makes a lot of sense and I got a bit of a better idea of soc so it was very useful. The gun debate thread you mentioned is interesting because I am active on another forum where exactly such a thread existed which was very popular and now when you bring up these differences it's really interesting to note on people's debate styles. Some people for example clearly had an "agenda" being there, seeing gun-related violence as a kind of social injustice or as you say, "an issue" and they almost made more a deal out of it because it was an "issue" than whether they were willing to provide any real substance of how to solve the problem. I'm thinking of one particular member who was extremely vocal and while her underlying reasoning was that owning guns are wrong, the way she came across was more like she was campaigning for a cause. Another member who was strongly pro-gun was in the thread only to defend his right to bear arms and I was there because I think it's right to prohibit gun use among the general populace and that's about it. I have no stronger feelings towards the issue itself than that. Actually, I should clarify, my arguments ultimately boiled down to the safety of yourself and others and I mentioned many examples of accidental use of domentic gun-related violence which caused harm to people you loved such as your own children, LOL. (Actually, this is really interesting, godamn, I'll think about this all night now.)

And some of the other threads you mentioned, it's interesting also how my mind just tends to kind of ignore these as automatically boring or uninteresting and when I visit these threads it's usually in this kind of lazy and not very engaging manner. I tend to for example write a post and then leave to never look back again. I think it's very unlikely that I'd for example would participate in a thread called "My Dream is to be a Wife". The title isn't interesting. If the thread however was called, "What kind of music you'd prefer?" I would go there right away and start vomit about how much I like metal music.

So yeah, I really appreciate the clarification. Unfortunately I think I'd still be kind of stupidly blind to these things though but at least I have a better idea to look out for XD

EDIT
Actually, it's stupid how childishly happy I feel over "getting" soc after this explanation. Or getting it better.

Burger King

Thanks a lot! That makes a lot of sense and I got a bit of a better idea of soc so it was very useful. The gun debate thread you mentioned is interesting because I am active on another forum where exactly such a thread existed which was very popular and now when you bring up these differences it's really interesting to note on people's debate styles. Some people for example clearly had an "agenda" being there, seeing gun-related violence as a kind of social injustice or as you say, "an issue" and they almost made more a deal out of it because it was an "issue" than whether they were willing to provide any real substance of how to solve the problem. I'm thinking of one particular member who was extremely vocal and while her underlying reasoning was that owning guns are wrong, the way she came across was more like she was campaigning for a cause. Another member who was strongly pro-gun was in the thread only to defend his right to bear arms and I was there because I think it's right to prohibit gun use among the general populace and that's about it. I have no stronger feelings towards the issue itself than that. Actually, I should clarify, my arguments ultimately boiled down to the safety of yourself and others and I mentioned many examples of accidental use of domentic gun-related violence which caused harm to people you loved such as your own children, LOL. (Actually, this is really interesting, godamn, I'll think about this all night now.)

The bold sounds like social stuff anyway I look at it. Eye-in-the-sky concern for the well-being of the people. The topic itself and the arguments seem like some combination of sp/so or so/sp.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know tests don't mean a whole lot but I found this variant test over on Personality Cafe and it nailed my stacking as SP/SO/SX

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The bold sounds like social stuff anyway I look at it. Eye-in-the-sky concern for the well-being of the people. The topic itself and the arguments seem like some combination of sp/so or so/sp.
I don't think general concern for the well being of people is a Social trait - anyone can be concerned about this. My Mum, for example, has strong beliefs around this issue and many others, and she's a So-last. For her though, I think it's a mixture of Fe and e6 concern for others, as well as a strong set of personal beliefs. She's not really interested in the back and forth of the debate or in forming well-thought out arguments - she just knows what she believes and gets irritated that others don't believe the same.

I do think you're more likely to get Sp/So and So/Sp participating in such threads. Others might offer their opinions and then disappear, but we tend to get really stuck into the debate.

I know tests don't mean a whole lot but I found this variant test over on Personality Cafe and it nailed my stacking as SP/SO/SX
I must say, that is a pretty good test - far better than probably all the ones I've come across. I would put more stock in this result than in most of them. Can I ask how you scored in Sp and So (I think Sx is clearly out of the running)?

BTW I always test as Sp-first, although with this test, I would come out So. I do think the questions about Sp are still too limited in scope but they're far better than most.

Burger King

I don't think general concern for the well being of people is a Social trait - anyone can be concerned about this. My Mum, for example, has strong beliefs around this issue and many others, and she's a So-last. For her though, I think it's a mixture of Fe and e6 concern for others, as well as a strong set of personal beliefs. She's not really interested in the back and forth of the debate or in forming well-thought out arguments - she just knows what she believes and gets irritated that others don't believe the same.

I didn't mean to imply that. I meant to attribute well-being with Sp and the universal interpersonal focus regarding "the people" to So. And my mom is the same way as well. My best guess for my mom would be some sort of FJ, Sp e6.

Edit: Sorry for derail [MENTION=10653]Such Irony[/MENTION], I'll stop here.