• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Such Irony's stacking thread

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I must say, that is a pretty good test - far better than probably all the ones I've come across. I would put more stock in this result than in most of them. Can I ask how you scored in Sp and So (I think Sx is clearly out of the running)?

BTW I always test as Sp-first, although with this test, I would come out So. I do think the questions about Sp are still too limited in scope but they're far better than most.

80% SP, 60% SO, 48% SX

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then I would go with that and stop listening to my rambling :D

How well do you identify with Sp 5 descriptions?

I found this on: www.enneagramworldwide.com

What better place to protect your boundaries of privacy and person than in your own space? Through the sanctuary of your own mind or special place, you can keep others out or guard their access to you. You have avarice for your own space, whether it’s your mind, room, home or castle. In this way, you can preserve your time and energy, acquire more knowledge, build a storehouse of necessary subsistence items and assure your survival. As an Observer, you keep your precious independence by needing very little and hoarding what you think that you need. You experience pleasure doing with less, and often spurn possession and luxuries, You cling to whatever you believe assures your independence – money, books, energy, collections, food stores, even traveling from place to place with your backpack. No one owns you nor do you own anyone. You can obtain your sufficiency, so you believe, by assuring boundaries and the sanctuary of your place and person. At your worst, you can become so retracted that you end up lonely and lacking nurturance."

In the above description, I relate strongly to the need to be self-sufficient- to have no one own me and not own anybody else. I don't really relate to the hoarding of things but I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to my personal space. I definitely need my own privacy and "me" time.

And here's the social 5 description from the same site:

We all need to belong. As an Observer with avarice for knowledge, time and energy, this is no easy matter. Your avarice manifests through cleaving to totems, the representation of things that a group shares, but is one step removed from ordinary involvement. Needing a knowledge-based role that buffers you from direct access, you are attracted to groups that share special knowledge, such as a field of study or systems, or a shared intellectual pursuit. You have avarice for and affiliate with people or groups who influence culture, events and seek greater knowledge through the power of the mind. You align in the mental domain with leaders, movements and systems where knowledge is valued and shared, such as history and philosophy groups, scientific and technical endeavors, sports expertise, and literary or art interests. Here you feel needed, comfortable and a part of things. You attempt to obtain sufficiency through knowledge that befits the group. At your worst, you use totems, whatever they might be, as a substitute for heartfelt human contact, paradoxically isolating yourself from others.

I can see some of myself in the social description but I think self-preservation fits better overall.