• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram 5 and 7 Differences

What's my Enneagram Type?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't tell if I'm an enneagram 5 or 7.

I've read both are very much into exploration and discovery, and can be very enthusiastic in their quests for these new innovations.

They also both seem like rebels, who will not follow the traditional ways, but rather will take extreme measures to accomlish goals.

And lastly, 5s seem heavily connected with MBTI types that include INTP and INTJ, and 7s with types that include ISTP and ENTP.

G

Ginkgo

Your persona here seems like a 7. If you were a 5, you would stand your own ground on issues as if your very consciousness was at stake. You're hyped about bits and pieces from 5-ish characters, that's all.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL, sorry, I didn't realize the poll was about the OP's type, not my type.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
not meaning to sound shallow, i'd go with the general rule that the 7 is to extroversion as the 5 to introversion and you, sir, seem to be an ENTP. also, bear in mind that a stressed 5 goes to 7 and a successful 7 goes to 5...lastly, check these:

http://www.9types.com

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well which core do you relate to more? Do you distance yourself from the world to figure it out so you can feel like you have some measure of power over it, or do you tend more to plan and look to the future so as to not have to face the present? Both are reactions of fear, but the 5 tends more to be hesitant to approach, and the 7 immersive, because of exactly what their fears are - the 5 fears that they will never have enough understanding to act, and the 7 fears that they will have to face the darkness of present/internal reality.

You can ask yourself also whether you show more 8 or 1 influence, and how it shows up in yourself. I mean there are a lot of avenues of thought here, since each type has its own depth.

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
LOL, sorry, I didn't realize the poll was about the OP's type, not my type.

Apparently, I made the same mistake, LeaT. The poll said, "what's my Enneagram type?"...oops.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your similarity to the current entp population infesting vent shouts ENTP 7w8 sx-sp, imho. Birds of a feather, perhaps? ;)

Granted, I have yet to actually talk to you in depth on there or on here, so take it with a grain of salt.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently, I made the same mistake, LeaT. The poll said, "what's my Enneagram type?"...oops.

Exactly, and the title of the thread is "enneagram 5 and 7 differences". Leads you to believe it's about type in general, not about a person.