• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seriously, I've got no clue what my type is - xNxx.

Burger King

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Write all 16 types out individually on small pieces of paper, then toss them around in a container and choose one. That's what a lot of people seem to do.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
This blog might help:

http://introspective-to-a-fault.blogspot.com/2012/12/what-we-mean-when-we-say-feeling-is-not.html
http://introspective-to-a-fault.blogspot.com/2013/01/more-on-type-and-emotion.html

I forgot how I discovered it, but I find a lot of what she says interesting and insightful. She does quite a bit of commentary on typology, so sifting through her blog may be helpful. I believe she types herself as INFJ and E4.

Very interesting blog. Thank you for sharing.

The first one leads me to believe I have a thinking preference -- I generally do place logic and analysis and such above feelings if they are other's feelings and I don't deem them valid for whatever reason -- but the second contradicts that; I'm very aware of what I feel, and what others feel, and I value my relationships with other people so I try to resolve conflict as much as possible.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think people are often mistaken about the Enneagram and links between the two systems. The Enneagram is more rooted in reaction to life circumstances than Myers Briggs. It seems to me that 'nurture' has more influence in one's Enneagram type, and 'nature' more in one's Myers Briggs type, leading to a myriad of possibilities and combinations.
Personally, I would have thought that INTJ females would be VERY likely to be 4 enneagrams, as they would likely feel themselves to be unique and super sensitive/aware compared to other more common types in the female world. How do you see the 4 type as being incompatible with INTJ?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I think people are often mistaken about the Enneagram and links between the two systems. The Enneagram is more rooted in reaction to life circumstances than Myers Briggs. It seems to me that 'nurture' has more influence in one's Enneagram type, and 'nature' more in one's Myers Briggs type, leading to a myriad of possibilities and combinations.
Personally, I would have thought that INTJ females would be VERY likely to be 4 enneagrams, as they would likely feel themselves to be unique and super sensitive/aware compared to other more common types in the female world. How do you see the 4 type as being incompatible with INTJ?

People seem to think that 4s are incapable of being Ts in general...which makes no sense. I think a T that uses Fi would be especially likely to be a 4, right? Particularly since the 4 can have either a 5 or 3 wing, both of which are in the competency triad. If the wing is strong, so is the competency leaning. Personally, I have a strong 3 wing and also pretty prominent 5 influence, although 3 prevails. I think INTJ could, quite honestly, make a lot of sense now that I reflect on my thought process -- I'm far more Te than I thought; however, another type could still be a better fit, it really depends.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
People seem to think that 4s are incapable of being Ts in general...which makes no sense. I think a T that uses Fi would be especially likely to be a 4, right? Particularly since the 4 can have either a 5 or 3 wing, both of which are in the competency triad. If the wing is strong, so is the competency leaning. Personally, I have a strong 3 wing and also pretty prominent 5 influence, although 3 prevails. I think INTJ could, quite honestly, make a lot of sense now that I reflect on my thought process -- I'm far more Te than I thought; however, another type could still be a better fit, it really depends.

Yes, a T that uses Fi in tertiary position would be very likely to be a 4, I would have thought. Being a T does not mean you are not able to appreciate art and other things outside of the logical interest sphere. Regarding Te, for you, this function would be a 'servant' to Ni, so would look considerably different to, and be far more flexible/diverse than Te used by ENTJ's or ESTJ's.
You say another type could be a better fit, which one(s) were you thinking of?

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Very interesting blog. Thank you for sharing.

The first one leads me to believe I have a thinking preference -- I generally do place logic and analysis and such above feelings if they are other's feelings and I don't deem them valid for whatever reason -- but the second contradicts that; I'm very aware of what I feel, and what others feel, and I value my relationships with other people so I try to resolve conflict as much as possible.

The fact that you are aware of what you feel and what others feel and value your relationships does NOT mean you are not a T user - it just means you are a human being :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course, there are things that I believe are right or wrong, but I try to avoid those exact terms because what is right, wrong, moral, immoral, acceptable, unacceptable and so on depends on the situation/context and perspective. I think there are some things that are 'wrong' in the sense that they put others in danger or don't respect people's rights, but I don't like the whole issue of morality because I don't think objective morality actually exists. It's what I believe, but that doesn't make it law and it shouldn't. Also, logic and objective views of situations has never been an issue for me; rather, more of an issue for my friends who have inferior Thinking functions (mainly Fe doms) who can't look past their own attachments and take a logical standpoint on an emotional issue (for clarification, I mean nothing rude towards Fe or Fi doms by this, just trying to state experience).

You're an EFP, and I lean towards ESFP. I don't see very much intuition of any sort in your posts so far, and if it's there it's Ne not Ni. Second, I'm fairly certain you're a 6w7 sx/so and not a 4w3.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I always get INFJ on that test.

It's because I love to overestimate my psychic abilities.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Yes, a T that uses Fi in tertiary position would be very likely to be a 4, I would have thought. Being a T does not mean you are not able to appreciate art and other things outside of the logical interest sphere. Regarding Te, for you, this function would be a 'servant' to Ni, so would look considerably different to, and be far more flexible/diverse than Te used by ENTJ's or ESTJ's.
You say another type could be a better fit, which one(s) were you thinking of?

That's true. How do you think it would look?
I didn't want to speak in absolutes. I never do. I don't have a particular type in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.

You're an EFP, and I lean towards ESFP. I don't see very much intuition of any sort in your posts so far, and if it's there it's Ne not Ni. Second, I'm fairly certain you're a 6w7 sx/so and not a 4w3.

No offense, but christ, no. Definitely not Se-dominant. It's nearly impossible for me to live in the moment because my mind is automatically programmed to jump several steps forward -- I overthink everything, and the divide between intuition and sensing has ended up being one of the most prominent divides to set me apart from others. Don't get me wrong, I do love my sensor friends, truly, but it's quite clear to me that I am not one of them in that regard. Especially since my parents are both intuitives and among the company of other obvious intuitives, I feel the most 'at home', if you will.
Also, while 6w7 is in the realms of possibility, I'm quite sure that I am an image type -- it's evident in my thinking and feeling patterns, the way I see myself, the attention I pay to such things -- and I'm such a glutton for feelings and being different, 4w3 seems the obvious choice. The descriptions resonate greatly with me and I consider myself a 4w3 first, paying mind to MBTI second.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No offense, but christ, no. Definitely not Se-dominant. It's nearly impossible for me to live in the moment because my mind is automatically programmed to jump several steps forward -- I overthink everything, and the divide between intuition and sensing has ended up being one of the most prominent divides to set me apart from others. Don't get me wrong, I do love my sensor friends, truly, but it's quite clear to me that I am not one of them in that regard. Especially since my parents are both intuitives and among the company of other obvious intuitives, I feel the most 'at home', if you will.
Also, while 6w7 is in the realms of possibility, I'm quite sure that I am an image type -- it's evident in my thinking and feeling patterns, the way I see myself, the attention I pay to such things -- and I'm such a glutton for feelings and being different, 4w3 seems the obvious choice. The descriptions resonate greatly with me and I consider myself a 4w3 first, paying mind to MBTI second.

It's a funny coincidence that [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] opted to post in this thread as your posting style makes her's come to mind, and she identifies as SFP. Your communication style has a similar personal focus to it that comes off as intellectual while warmly tactile. If you were NP, your discussion of personal values would probably have been more philosophical principles, and less based off of direct experience. NP communication styles in general tend to be fairly metaphorical: lot of puns and word play, references, and general mucking about with the language. I'm not even entertaining INTJ here because Ni-doms have a different energy all together, and as a rule don't seem to have much trouble self-identifying.

SFP would explain why you think you're a 3. SPs are performers. You seem to have some heavy mental activity going on, though. Lot of thinking and overthinking and mental back and forth that smacks of a head type for sure. It can sometimes be indicative of Ne-usage depending on what's motivating it, but it doesn't appear to be driven by seeing an excess of possibilities so much as it experiencing an excess of self-doubt. 4 is probably in your trifix. 648 or something to that effect.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
It's a funny coincidence that [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] opted to post in this thread as your posting style makes her's come to mind, and she identifies as SFP. Your communication style has a similar personal focus to it that comes off as intellectual while warmly tactile. If you were NP, your discussion of personal values would probably have been more philosophical principles, and less based off of direct experience. NP communication styles in general tend to be fairly metaphorical: lot of puns and word play, references, and general mucking about with the language. I'm not even entertaining INTJ here because Ni-doms have a different energy all together, and as a rule don't seem to have much trouble self-identifying.

SFP would explain why you think you're a 3. SPs are performers. You seem to have some heavy mental activity going on, though. Lot of thinking and overthinking and mental back and forth that smacks of a head type for sure. It can sometimes be indicative of Ne-usage depending on what's motivating it, but it doesn't appear to be driven by seeing an excess of possibilities so much as it experiencing an excess of self-doubt. 4 is probably in your trifix. 648 or something to that effect.

It seems to me that you're bringing various stereotypes into play here. "SPs act one way. NPs act another way. NJs act another way." I find your perspective quite grating, to be honest, though I don't mean anything personal by this and I truly do have gratitude for your input.

Really, I don't think I can actually be Se dominant or auxiliary because Se is all about living in the present, interacting with the environment, the senses we have readily available to us. Personally, I'm not action-oriented in the slightest -- also, I can't place the physical world above all else (or as any kind of top priority) because I have not yet figured out what the physical world truly encompasses. The limits of physicality, and the divider between what 'is' and what is 'perceived', if there is any such division.

I don't think I'm a 3, I think I'm a 4, and I cannot really address me being a 'performer' because my inclination to perform comes and goes depending on the situation. I do think a lot, but I'm not a 6, though I went through a lengthy period trying to pigeonhole myself into that type since everyone else insisted I was. "You ask a forum for help? You must doubt yourself -- definitely a 6w7." I most certainly do not have an excess of self-doubt. Rather, I consider myself self-aware to an extreme and it is easy to get caught up in all the perspectives I can see, especially when it comes to myself. My trifix is 451 or possibly 458, I am very much a 5 head-fixer.

W

WALMART

It seems to me that you're bringing various stereotypes into play here. "SPs act one way. NPs act another way. NJs act another way." I find your perspective quite grating, to be honest, though I don't mean anything personal by this and I truly do have gratitude for your input.

Really, I don't think I can actually be Se dominant or auxiliary because Se is all about living in the present, interacting with the environment, the senses we have readily available to us. Personally, I'm not action-oriented in the slightest -- also, I can't place the physical world above all else (or as any kind of top priority) because I have not yet figured out what the physical world truly encompasses. The limits of physicality, and the divider between what 'is' and what is 'perceived', if there is any such division.

I don't think I'm a 3, I think I'm a 4, and I cannot really address me being a 'performer' because my inclination to perform comes and goes depending on the situation. I do think a lot, but I'm not a 6, though I went through a lengthy period trying to pigeonhole myself into that type since everyone else insisted I was. "You ask a forum for help? You must doubt yourself -- definitely a 6w7." I most certainly do not have an excess of self-doubt. Rather, I consider myself self-aware to an extreme and it is easy to get caught up in all the perspectives I can see, especially when it comes to myself. My trifix is 451 or possibly 458, I am very much a 5 head-fixer.

Sigh. If I read Se and 'in the moment' in the same sentence one more time on this site...

You're definitely an Fi user. I detect more Ni than I do Ne, which also implies developed Fe use (I detected much of it on the first page). XXFP, but almost certainly not XNFP.

I

Infinite Bubble

Reading through the thread, I believe your functions are (in no particular order): Te, Fi, Se and Ni. So ISFP, ESFP, INTJ or ENTJ. Although there were a couple of instances that could be Ti-Fe, evidently Te-Fi is higher.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Sigh. If I read Se and 'in the moment' in the same sentence one more time on this site...

You're definitely an Fi user. I detect more Ni than I do Ne, which also implies developed Fe use (I detected much of it on the first page). XXFP, but almost certainly not XNFP.

Sigh. If I read a suggestion that Title is a sensor one more time on this site...

Reading through the thread, I believe your functions are (in no particular order): Te, Fi, Se and Ni. So ISFP, ESFP, INTJ or ENTJ. Although there were a couple of instances that could be Ti-Fe, evidently Te-Fi is higher.

Not a sensor, so INTJ or ENTJ. Don't really know much about inferior Fi, but I've never thought to see myself as a Te dom.

At this point, I feel like INTJ is my most plausible option, and there seems to be general consensus that I am using some order of TeFiSeNi, even if a few people believe I am more SFP than I am NTJ.
I'm going to say it again, though: I'm not a sensor. And I have nothing against sensors, but it's really incredibly frustrating for me to have to repeat myself endlessly about this when it is something I am certain of. As far back as I can remember, intuition and traits related to it have been my safe place and what I am most comfortable in. It's useless for me to try to explain a thought process to everyone on here when it's so internally based and also quite personal.

However, I can safely say that any type that uses a sensing function in its top two can be ruled out for me. Even if we're not listing off things that support intuition, I have a number of qualities that certainly aren't in favor of being a sensor. I have a terrible memory. I don't care for most of the past. I hate detail-oriented tasks (unless it's a certain task that I have great interest in or pertains to a goal I have). I filter everything analytically, there is no state of 'just taking it for what it is'. I overlook most external details because I have an obvious preference for big ideas.

I really hate to be unpleasant and stubborn about it, and I hate to have to bring stereotypes of Se-users into this (which I fully admit I have done in the previous paragraph for lack of a better way to explain). However, it's not just a matter of "hm, well, that's not me, but oh well", I seriously suck at sensing. As a thought process, it's one that simply does not click in my mind. I don't think I could force myself, if I wanted to, to stop seeing things as what they might mean and start seeing things as they are.

tl;dr Not a sensor

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems to me that you're bringing various stereotypes into play here. "SPs act one way. NPs act another way. NJs act another way."

If you're typing based on text alone, you have to look at how someone communicates and what patterns it fits into. If that wasn't what you were looking for, or somehow feel that it's an invalid way to approach typing, then you shouldn't have started a thread in an online forum based on the subject. There are threads on this website where people can type you based on voice and video. Perhaps you would find the answers you get from those sources to be both more valid and more respectful of your individuality.

Really, I don't think I can actually be Se dominant or auxiliary because Se is all about living in the present, interacting with the environment, the senses we have readily available to us.

Which, based on the way you communicate about yourself and the world, is what I believe you do.

Personally, I'm not action-oriented in the slightest -- also, I can't place the physical world above all else (or as any kind of top priority) because I have not yet figured out what the physical world truly encompasses. The limits of physicality, and the divider between what 'is' and what is 'perceived', if there is any such division.

So this sounds like someone who falls on the Ni/Se axis. The bolded could read Ne/Si or Ni-dom, but your explanation sounds again Ni/Se.

Again, ignoring content here, the way you present this information here resonates more with Ni/Se than Ne/Si. Your previous posts establish you as Fi/Te, but the way you present them and prioritize them (namely Fi-values first) strikes me as someone who prefers Fi over Te.

So, to review: what I'm certain of is that you're respectively on the Se/Ni and Fi/Te axes. That leaves us the possibilities of NTJ or SFP. If you're INTJ, then I'll acknowledge the possibility that being a 4w3 is gonna make you vibe different than you're typical head fixer INTJs. And I've encountered other women who are INTJ 4s, so I've seen how that can highlight the Fi-usage and give a more NF-y feeling to the individual. The possibility exists that what I could be seeing as Pe could simply be P-dom. Otoh, if you are SFP and a 6w7, then that's going to give more prominence to Ni as well as to Te.

What it comes down to then is whether you're sensor or whether you're intuitive. I don't see clear evidence in this thread that you are intuitive, and with Ni-doms it's more blatant than with most. INJ communication style is fascinating because of its perchance for meta-perspective. There's a constant interstitial play between meaning, possible interpreted meaning, and even unintended meaning. You occasionally seem to try at that, but it's not done in a consistent nor sophisticated enough fashion for me to identify Ni as your dominant function.

Everything I've said to you thus far is the opinion of a disinterested third party. Hooray if you're INTJ, and hooray if you're not. If you feel that to be the typing to whom you gravitate more towards, then you should go for it.

Nicki

Retired
You always felt like a Pe dom to me. I could really see ESFP in the grip of inferior Ni.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
If you're typing based on text alone, you have to look at how someone communicates and what patterns it fits into. If that wasn't what you were looking for, or somehow feel that it's an invalid way to approach typing, then you shouldn't have started a thread in an online forum based on the subject. There are threads on this website where people can type you based on voice and video. Perhaps you would find the answers you get from those sources to be both more valid and more respectful of your individuality.

Which, based on the way you communicate about yourself and the world, is what I believe you do.

So this sounds like someone who falls on the Ni/Se axis. The bolded could read Ne/Si or Ni-dom, but your explanation sounds again Ni/Se.

Again, ignoring content here, the way you present this information here resonates more with Ni/Se than Ne/Si. Your previous posts establish you as Fi/Te, but the way you present them and prioritize them (namely Fi-values first) strikes me as someone who prefers Fi over Te.

So, to review: what I'm certain of is that you're respectively on the Se/Ni and Fi/Te axes. That leaves us the possibilities of NTJ or SFP. If you're INTJ, then I'll acknowledge the possibility that being a 4w3 is gonna make you vibe different than you're typical head fixer INTJs. And I've encountered other women who are INTJ 4s, so I've seen how that can highlight the Fi-usage and give a more NF-y feeling to the individual. The possibility exists that what I could be seeing as Pe could simply be P-dom. Otoh, if you are SFP and a 6w7, then that's going to give more prominence to Ni as well as to Te.

What it comes down to then is whether you're sensor or whether you're intuitive. I don't see clear evidence in this thread that you are intuitive, and with Ni-doms it's more blatant than with most. INJ communication style is fascinating because of its perchance for meta-perspective. There's a constant interstitial play between meaning, possible interpreted meaning, and even unintended meaning. You occasionally seem to try at that, but it's not done in a consistent nor sophisticated enough fashion for me to identify Ni as your dominant function.

Everything I've said to you thus far is the opinion of a disinterested third party. Hooray if you're INTJ, and hooray if you're not. If you feel that to be the typing to whom you gravitate more towards, then you should go for it.

How do I communicate about the world in a way that indicates a preference for Se? IIRC, in the first post, I regularly tested as Se being one of my very lowest functions. I'm not very comfortable being typed based on voice and video.

And while I appreciate it, there's pretty much no way I am a sensor because almost none of the traits applied to sensors or any of the processes associated with Se are things I actually do/have done. In fact, those all tend to be more weak spots for me. If we're speaking metaphorically, say, there is a house that a person is looking into. A sensor looking into the house is going to be focusing at any given moment on the features of a room, the physical comfort they feel in it, the vibe they get from it, while the intuitive is probably going to be either walking into a room, sizing up the general feel of it, seeing what else they could put in the room, and moving onto another. Generally speaking, of course. That description is a bit more Se vs. Ne instead of Sx vs. Nx, but you get the point and the general gist.
I always see cause and effect. I always see perspectives. I always see what something is meant to represent rather than what something is. I much rather enjoy immersing myself in fantasy instead of things readily available. And I love theoretical topics more than hands-on topics because I love thinking about the things that most people don't entertain, the things that you don't see, the things that can't be tangibly explained. I have SP friends and they share an affinity for hands-on learning and a sharp dislike for being forced to sit down and listen to theoretical lectures. I'm the other way around. I also have SJ friends, and they don't care for wondering about the future or theoretical things because the world has never really been that way so they think they could be much more productive thinking about something real.

Wow, that was a trainwreck of a paragraph - forgive me, I'm tired, haha.

You always felt like a Pe dom to me. I could really see ESFP in the grip of inferior Ni.

That's BS, you and I knew each other well, or so I thought -- you were absolutely positive that I was Pi dominant. Perhaps you're the true Pe dom. They are known for being flighty, after all.
Ok, that was petty, I'll admit, but I really do find pretty much everything about your commenting on my thread to be uncalled for.