• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seriously, I've got no clue what my type is - xNxx.

Nicki

Retired
That's BS, you and I knew each other well, or so I thought -- you were absolutely positive that I was Pi dominant. Perhaps you're the true Pe dom. They are known for being flighty, after all.
Ok, that was petty, I'll admit, but I really do find pretty much everything about your commenting on my thread to be uncalled for.

You seemed like a Pi dom at first, but as time went on, something didn't seem right. Your Ni didn't define you, some other function did. I also suggested that you were an ENTP the more we talked but now I'm seeing much more Fi/Te over Fe/Ti. And definite use of Ni but not enough to be your dominant function. That's rude of you to say, somewhat typist too, but it's good of you to admit it. I only made one post though so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
You seemed like a Pi dom at first, but as time went on, something didn't seem right. Your Ni didn't define you, some other function did. I also suggested that you were an ENTP the more we talked but now I'm seeing much more Fi/Te over Fe/Ti. And definite use of Ni but not enough to be your dominant function. That's rude of you to say, somewhat typist too, but it's good of you to admit it. I only made one post though so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I'm not defined by any function, regardless of what my type is, because I am still undoubtedly an individual, not four letters or cognitive functions. It's not who I "am", it's what "best fits me". That's a large jump, Ni from dominant to inferior, in your eyes. You should know better than anyone else that I'm not Se dominant. Ne dominant is much more realistic, IMO, and I'm sorry to anyone who just wants to help but at this point I cannot accept the possibility of me being a sensor because it's just so off. It's like I'm seeing myself in a blue dress but I'm not quite sure what shade of blue it is, and then you guys come up and tell me that the dress is red; I appreciate your input but it's simply not the same dress we're looking at.

Anyways, good job for picking up on it, being rude was my objective. It's not typist, it's Aledaist, and I think you know exactly why I harbor harsh feelings towards you. Everyone else does, too. You did something pretty much unforgivable.

Nicki

Retired
I'm not defined by any function, regardless of what my type is, because I am still undoubtedly an individual, not four letters or cognitive functions. It's not who I "am", it's what "best fits me". That's a large jump, Ni from dominant to inferior, in your eyes. You should know better than anyone else that I'm not Se dominant. Ne dominant is much more realistic, IMO, and I'm sorry to anyone who just wants to help but at this point I cannot accept the possibility of me being a sensor because it's just so off. It's like I'm seeing myself in a blue dress but I'm not quite sure what shade of blue it is, and then you guys come up and tell me that the dress is red; I appreciate your input but it's simply not the same dress we're looking at.

Anyways, good job for picking up on it, being rude was my objective. It's not typist, it's Aledaist, and I think you know exactly why I harbor harsh feelings towards you. Everyone else does, too. You did something pretty much unforgivable.

Yeah, of course, I didn't mean that, I meant that your Ni really isn't the most obvious thing about you. It is but when you're in the grip of your inferior...

But I didn't do anything in this thread so you could be civil and I'm honestly not sure why. Who is everyone anyway? I don't recall doing anything bad lately. Your rudeness is uncalled for.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Yeah, of course, I didn't mean that, I meant that your Ni really isn't the most obvious thing about you. It is but when you're in the grip of your inferior...

But I didn't do anything in this thread so you could be civil and I'm honestly not sure why. Who is everyone anyway? I don't recall doing anything bad lately. Your rudeness is uncalled for.

You've never seen me in the grip of my inferior, though.

Since you private messaged me about it, I'll address it there.

Nicki

Retired
You've never seen me in the grip of my inferior, though.

Since you private messaged me about it, I'll address it there.

From our conversations, you don't seem too healthy right now.

Thank you

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
From our conversations, you don't seem too healthy right now.

Thank you

I'm actually really healthy right now. Much healthier than I've been for months, maybe even years, though I don't feel the need to justify that to anyone on here. My being pissed off at you has nothing to do with my level of health. It has to do with me being pissed off at you.

Nicki

Retired
So you're so incredibly angry at me because I didn't want to participate in 5+ hour late night chats with you and your friends all the time? Even if you are angry, maybe you should be a bit more mature about this and try being civil.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
So you're so incredibly angry at me because I didn't want to participate in 5+ hour late night chats with you and your friends all the time? Even if you are angry, maybe you should be a bit more mature about this and try being civil.

Don't accuse me of being uncivil, and there's no point in you retorting on this thread if we're already talking through private messages. Deal with it there, please. I made this board to be typed, not to get in petty arguments.

Nicki

Retired
Don't accuse me of being uncivil, and there's no point in you retorting on this thread if we're already talking through private messages. Deal with it there, please. I made this board to be typed, not to get in petty arguments.

It would be nice if you would stop being accusatory since you were the person who started being rude to me for no reason. I didn't suggest a type on this thread to anger you, I suggested a type because from what I've read here, it seems to fit you the most.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Well, now that that's over and done with.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's true. How do you think it would look?
I didn't want to speak in absolutes. I never do. I don't have a particular type in mind, but I'm open to suggestions.

Umm, I'm not sure how it would look, but I imagine it would try to organise that which Ni is perceiving in it's environment, which would say more about the people you are around and the worldview you have absorbed/are absorbing from around you than anything else. For you, maybe then, it would be quite tricky to even use it, since you seem to have no reason to believe things CAN be organised? Maybe this is why you are confused and yet still seeking that box to fit in somehow? I am sure many of us on this site, and at this time in the world, feel this way, I know I relate to it.
So yes, I still think you are likely to be INTJ, though possibly INFJ also.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Umm, I'm not sure how it would look, but I imagine it would try to organise that which Ni is perceiving in it's environment, which would say more about the people you are around and the worldview you have absorbed/are absorbing from around you than anything else. For you, maybe then, it would be quite tricky to even use it, since you seem to have no reason to believe things CAN be organised? Maybe this is why you are confused and yet still seeking that box to fit in somehow? I am sure many of us on this site, and at this time in the world, feel this way, I know I relate to it.
So yes, I still think you are likely to be INTJ, though possibly INFJ also.

No, I've always enjoyed organizing and categorizing things, though I find it tedious to store all of that data in my mind at once, it has to develop into a system over time. I don't consider my thoughts organized, but they are definitely split into categories and shared attributes. At the same time, I don't believe that absolutely everything must be organized, but I have a tendency to do so even though my external organization skills are absolutely dreadful (when speaking of things like rooms and workspaces). It's funny how the two types people seem to want to place me as in this thread are opposites in terms of function order.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do I communicate about the world in a way that indicates a preference for Se? IIRC, in the first post, I regularly tested as Se being one of my very lowest functions. I'm not very comfortable being typed based on voice and video.

And while I appreciate it, there's pretty much no way I am a sensor because almost none of the traits applied to sensors or any of the processes associated with Se are things I actually do/have done. In fact, those all tend to be more weak spots for me. If we're speaking metaphorically, say, there is a house that a person is looking into. A sensor looking into the house is going to be focusing at any given moment on the features of a room, the physical comfort they feel in it, the vibe they get from it, while the intuitive is probably going to be either walking into a room, sizing up the general feel of it, seeing what else they could put in the room, and moving onto another. Generally speaking, of course. That description is a bit more Se vs. Ne instead of Sx vs. Nx, but you get the point and the general gist.
I always see cause and effect. I always see perspectives. I always see what something is meant to represent rather than what something is. I much rather enjoy immersing myself in fantasy instead of things readily available. And I love theoretical topics more than hands-on topics because I love thinking about the things that most people don't entertain, the things that you don't see, the things that can't be tangibly explained. I have SP friends and they share an affinity for hands-on learning and a sharp dislike for being forced to sit down and listen to theoretical lectures. I'm the other way around. I also have SJ friends, and they don't care for wondering about the future or theoretical things because the world has never really been that way so they think they could be much more productive thinking about something real.

Wow, that was a trainwreck of a paragraph - forgive me, I'm tired, haha.

Duly noted.

One last question and I'll leave you to it: if you're certain about everything you've said about your proclivities, and have multiple test results indicating one particular type and function preference, then what motivated you to create this thread?

W

WALMART

No, I've always enjoyed organizing and categorizing things, though I find it tedious to store all of that data in my mind at once, it has to develop into a system over time. I don't consider my thoughts organized, but they are definitely split into categories and shared attributes. At the same time, I don't believe that absolutely everything must be organized, but I have a tendency to do so even though my external organization skills are absolutely dreadful (when speaking of things like rooms and workspaces). It's funny how the two types people seem to want to place me as in this thread are opposites in terms of function order.

I test exclusively ENTP and INTJ, and I know nor am I perceived as either. Take from that what you will.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I test exclusively ENTP and INTJ, and I know nor am I perceived as either. Take from that what you will.

I would have 'percieved' you as one of them. They are very alike online, but in person the ENTP has more of a social presence. There are a lot more differences, but that is the initially obvious one. I guess you must be on the cusp of introversion and extroversion since both those types have the same ORDER of preferences - NTFS - and if you start with a mid Ne/Ni, you can presumably go either way with the rest of them, right?

Maybe that is the root of your confusion too, Title? If you could decide whether you are a feeler or a thinker, instinctively, that would help.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
I would have 'percieved' you as one of them. They are very alike online, but in person the ENTP has more of a social presence. There are a lot more differences, but that is the initially obvious one. I guess you must be on the cusp of introversion and extroversion since both those types have the same ORDER of preferences - NTFS - and if you start with a mid Ne/Ni, you can presumably go either way with the rest of them, right?

Maybe that is the root of your confusion too, Title? If you could decide whether you are a feeler or a thinker, instinctively, that would help.

Perhaps. How would you define the core differences between a feeler and a thinker?

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Duly noted.

One last question and I'll leave you to it: if you're certain about everything you've said about your proclivities, and have multiple test results indicating one particular type and function preference, then what motivated you to create this thread?

Didn't see this.
Because regardless of what type the tests came out as, there was no clear function preference.
I'm certain I'm an intuitive, as I said in the title of the thread.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would say the easiest place to see the difference is in the area of 'values' or right and wrong: A thinker uses logic or principles to define values/right and wrong. A feeler uses their moral instinct/feelings (their own and/or others/society's) to define values/right and wrong.
Of course, we all use BOTH, it's just that one comes more naturally to us than the other and we feel more comfortable using it (according to Jungian theory).

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Didn't see this.
Because regardless of what type the tests came out as, there was no clear function preference.
I'm certain I'm an intuitive, as I said in the title of the thread.

For you, I think it's best to forget the function preference and focus on more general type descriptions and where you fit there. It's probably when you're most relaxed and least conscious of yourself that you are behaving true to type ... maybe ask someone you are close to and who knows you really well to describe you at your best/most natural, in 5-10 words/sentences. Then post it here and see what people say and what types relate to it.