• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, INFJ, ENFP? MAYBE even ENFJ? Oh my gosh.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, okay. I'm definitely a P then. I get like you Abbey, and Aesthete, when I'm stressed too.

As far as E, I'm about to go to a party where I only know one person and I'm therefore scared and all I want to do is watch Pride & Prejudice in my pajamas and knit. But I feel like I have to go because I don't want to be a bad friend. So therefore, I think I'm more I than E, eh? Maybe I'm an extroverted introvert.

Thanks for all your help! If any of my own analysis seems wrong, please feel free to correct me :) Talkin' to you, <insert MBTI stereotype here>'s!

Maybe more introverted than extroverted, but E vs I isn't necessarily about how much you communicate with others - and how able you are to communicate with others (an INFJ is more of a people-person than, say, an ESTJ (I use these two types not to insult but because I have two people in mind)) - versus how much time you spend by yourself and are socially awkward :)D), but rather about how much you interact with your environment versus what's in your own head. I've noticed Introverts will completely ignore whatever's going on around them and look blankly in space because they're preoccupied with their own thoughts, while Extroverts don't do that (though some can be deceptive; my brother (Te-dominant) can get so focused on something going on outside his head that he'll ignore other things, I've noticed). If you were to be left alone in a room for a day, what would you do?

sillyface

MBTI Type
??F?
Hmm, I definitely get lost in my own thoughts. I can usually block out outside noises when I'm preoccupied with something in my mind. Sometimes people will say "what's that noise??!!" and I hadn't noticed it until they said anything because I was thinking or concentrated on something. But if I try to study or concentrate on something I'm not very interested in with too much noise, it's almost impossible for me. I also noticed once that when I was with a few friends, there were maybe five of us; we went on a day trip and I wasn't thinking much about what was going on, but when we went to sleep that night, I was up for hours remembering and processing everything that had happened because I wasn't able to throughout the day. But I also feel better when I can interact with the world. For instance, when I was unemployed (HORRIBLE, I tell you) and only interacted with those I lived with, I found myself needing to get out every day and go to the store just to be around people. Not necessarily interact with them, but be around them. Once I started working again, I felt a lot better about life in general.

If I were left alone in a room for a day, I'd probably search the internet for several hours on things like personality type ;), play my guitar, do something creative, read, watch several episodes of a tv show or movie, text or call a friend or two, clean, sleep, think. Haha.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What if you were left in a room with nothing but yourself?

I'm still thinking introvert, but I don't know your type.

megeetaytay

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmmm, okay. I'm definitely a P then. I get like you Abbey, and Aesthete, when I'm stressed too.

As far as E, I'm about to go to a party where I only know one person and I'm therefore scared and all I want to do is watch Pride & Prejudice in my pajamas and knit. But I feel like I have to go because I don't want to be a bad friend. So therefore, I think I'm more I than E, eh? Maybe I'm an extroverted introvert.

Thanks for all your help! If any of my own analysis seems wrong, please feel free to correct me :) Talkin' to you, <insert MBTI stereotype here>'s!

Hey sillyface...
I think you could definitely be an ENFP who is very introverted. I am just like what you say about the party...I hate talking to new people, and I honestly don't like being in big groups too much. I am an extrovert still though, I am just very close to being introverted. But I think the best way to tell between I/E is the overall descriptions, rather than just the actual letter. I think if you research both of them you'll get a gut feeling that really relates you to what you're reading...it's the N in you haha. And also you seem more Ne then Fi too...like you seem pretty imaginative.
But you know yourself better than me! Just trying to help :D
For the record, silly face seems pretty ENFP to me ;)

sillyface

MBTI Type
??F?
Aesthete, ahh. Just myself huh? I would think about my life in detail, all of my relationships and how they could be better, maybe think of life and the world in general, think about how i could fix or improve myself, probably get stressed out... if i was in a really good mood id probably end up making up stories or singing to myself or something. I would definitely pray too.

Also, on my way to said party, I ended up missing a turn because I was thinking too much. Ha!

Megeetaytay, I am quite imaginative haha. But I feel like that could be nfp in general? Maybe even NF in general. What is an example of fi dominance? I learn better with examples ;)

Last edited:

sillyface

MBTI Type
??F?
Okay. I'm still confused. The fact that I feel like I need to know makes me think I'm a j. I think what's tripping me up is all the examples I think about for myself are different, because I try to act how I think I'm supposed to or how i feel/think other people are expecting me to. This makes everything confusing. Arg. :( thank you everyone for helping! I feel I'm being very self centered right now.

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What cognitive function do you think you use the most?

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're not being self centered :)

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For what it's worth - reading through these posts, I think you are an ENFP. ENFP's often have social anxiety because they are SO aware of things. You being 'always bored' and also you finding unemployment a NIGHTMARE cinch it for me.

sillyface

MBTI Type
??F?
Thanks all :)

As I learn more about the cognitive functions, I feel like I'm learning more about myself.

The thing about my Ne, is I think I use it when I'm stressed (which I was when I wrote this post, haha) which makes me think it's not my dominant function? Plus I'm not even sure I'm an NF anymore.. I think way too much about past experiences, so I'm starting to think I might be ESFx. Yeesh. Plus I feel primarily, I would say Ne is secondary to my F at the very least. My counselor: "You are just one big feeling waiting to happen." Ha! Not sure if that's a good thing!

I'm really just unsure about how cognitive functions work together? I might start a new post about it though. Thanks again everyone!!