• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you be an "ambivert" on all the letters? Hehe

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Btw I checked out the inferior functions thingie... I see myself in some of the stuff in the threads about inf Fe, Fi, Si, Ni. Whatever that may mean, lol.

Specifically:

Inferior Fe:
- Logic emphasized to an extreme
- Hypersensitivity to relationships
- Emotionalism

Inferior Fi:
- Outbursts of emotion

Inferior Si:
- Withdrawal and depression
- Focus on the body

Inferior Ni:
- Internal confusion
- Inappropriate attribution of meaning

Really, when under stress, I don't have just one specific pattern of response. E.g. I can be withdrawn and distant, low on energy, doing nothing; or the opposite, I can be seen attacking others or act out anger, frustration, confronting the issue to solve it until exhaustion, etc. Anyway... I'm not usually stressed for long but there was one extreme period where I got into the symptoms of inferior Si and Ni as mentioned above, that was quite new to me.

You seem to introspective to be ENTP - maybe you are ISTP? In many ways ISTP and ENTP are similar, only ENTP will certainly generate ideas, whereas ISTP will more likely achieve specific tasks/goals, which you have mentioned a couple of times as a driver for you.
I think it's hard to decide when looking at the detailed description of functions as we do use all the functions at different times and sometimes two can combine and look totally different again ...
For you, I think it would be helpful to look at the basic descriptions of the types that others have come up with and see which one you relate to most. I like 'Personality Junkie's' type descriptions best, or else personality page is pretty thorough

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well see title. But yeah ok assuming I have such things as preferences, please help figure them out. :hi: :wonders:

I/E - Really fuzzy on this one. I can function very well doing my things alone. Otoh, I like to see new people, however if I get bored, I'll get away from the group and feel better that way, refreshed finally doing whatever I want to do even if it's just walking around wherever I want to go. Yet I like being in a crowd, there's more to see then, more chance for anything, and just feel more alive overall with more stimuli. Overall, I could function fine on an island alone but it'd be more interesting and just more... more alive with other people. But I can see myself not wanting to talk to them at times when I want to check out something else that's just taken my interest. Then, I often talk before thinking but I can spend time with thinking for long if needed to put something complex together nicely, that just takes mental energy but ok as an interesting challenge when I have the patience for it.

F/T - Might be the easiest dichotomy to decide. When I want to sort out something, I take into account impersonal aspects automatically. Otoh I try to be nice on a general level to people. I like to accommodate others and I don't go around intentionally hurting people, would have a hard time doing that, e.g. prefer not telling someone their clothes aren't so great unless it's necessary, still I can come off as rude a lot when I don't pay attention, as I easily question what's said regardless of authority or feelings because I just like to present the truth and/or like discovering explanation for whatever and I don't think of niceties then at all. Weird but seem to have a hard time holding constant feelings like hatred or love towards someone else as a person (well ok the love thing is complex). Still, I think I like emotional expression just not sure about introspecting about feelings. I don't think I'm truly likable, superficially ok but I don't think I can keep the true interest and love of others for long, sure maybe overly pessimistic here, it's just how I feel about this, though if I don't think deep about this topic then I'm always optimistic about my being likable by others, so whatever, maybe just temporarily pessimistic. In general I do like people though, always curious about everyone etc.

S/N - I really think I can do both. I don't try to go around generating ideas all day but I like to see essence of some abstract things that interest me much and I could intuitively find special solutions in some subjects in school and later in work. I've got and like my AHA moments. :) I like concrete parts of life, love paying attention to such aspects, from clothing to sports, but spending life with just that on its own isn't meaningful enough. The abstract and the concrete to me are two distinct things though, I don't mix them up. Then, I don't daydream about my own life by default, I prefer reality over that and even when I was feeling down (I don't ever feel any of that for long) and I wouldn't get out of bed right away and then would have more dreams than usual those were just real REM dreams, not daydreaming, nor lucid dreams so take this for whatever it's worth...probably not a point for intuition here. However I can be very good with fiction, I've even written my own fiction stuff and I can get really immersed in that kind of imagination. Also, I'm aware of environment in an overall way and very aware of the spatial details and quite aware of aesthetics but not the other details. The same for my memory, I recall overall scene and spatial arrangement of things but not all the close details because who cares about that, well unless it's some object(s) that I really like or would like to own, play with, etc., otherwise nope.

J/P - I can strongly appear as either of these. I can do things according to strict plan when highly motivated to reach my goal and I can obsess about keeping to little details in the plan. I like to be thorough enough with work, not a perfectionist though. Yet, usually I can go around improvising anytime, plan on the fly, change that and so on. When I get up, I usually don't know yet how my day will go. I can't keep a strict hourly timetable if not forced, something will always change a bit.

Then there's functions but huh, let's start with just the four letters first, I don't want to be too long to read. :doh: Though of course if you have suggestions on function preferences based on the above text, I will be even more glad to hear about those than just the generic dichotomies.

Thanks! :D

Do we have one ambivert position?

One o'clock. Daytime, 12 + 1 hours.
12 X 3 = 36
36/4 = 9
13 - 1 = 12

Clock (= 12 set): 1. Nine-set: 1. Counter-clock: 13.
Clock + counter clock (= 24-set). 36 = 24 + 12.

20 X 36
36 - 18
9 X 100
3 = 9/3 = 12/4

18 + 1 = a second round?

First round: 12-set one, 9-set one.
Second round: 12-set 1, 9-set (t)1.
12 + 1 = 13

check

1. (T)1 + 3
2. 13 + 3
3. 16 + 3
4. 19 + 3
5. 22 + 3
6. 25 + 3

6 + 1. 28 + 3 = (t)13

7. (18 + 10) + 3 = (t)13

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
OP seems familiar.

Or maybe just generic.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hesitate to put you as Ti dominant because you seem to put experience over analysis, making you either Se or Ne dominant probably. I'm actually leaning toward ESTP. Except that your identifications with the inferior seem to fit Fe. If you are truly in the middle between extrovert and introvert, you could mix the two inferiors, so Fe and Si/Ni could both fit somewhat. I see that in myself. As for the 15%...that is totally arbitrary and just describes an intuitive feeling of where things lie. Like if you have 2 test tubes full of liquid describing our similarities and differences, one of them is more full than the other.
[MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION]: I have no idea what you're talking about, but it looks interesting.

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
You seem to introspective to be ENTP - maybe you are ISTP? In many ways ISTP and ENTP are similar, only ENTP will certainly generate ideas, whereas ISTP will more likely achieve specific tasks/goals, which you have mentioned a couple of times as a driver for you.

Yes I do agree I would be closer to ISTP on that one.

Btw I asked if you could describe more how that ENTP friend of yours is with mental tasks... does he go for tasks needing effort as a challenge?

I think it's hard to decide when looking at the detailed description of functions as we do use all the functions at different times and sometimes two can combine and look totally different again ...

Yep, that makes it complicated.

For you, I think it would be helpful to look at the basic descriptions of the types that others have come up with and see which one you relate to most. I like 'Personality Junkie's' type descriptions best, or else personality page is pretty thorough

Thanks, I've seen some of those before. Can definitely exclude a few types going by that :) On these sites, XSTP profiles did seem to fit pretty well compared to most other profiles. Sometimes ENTx profiles as well.

Let me quote personalityjunkie now as I checked that one now and found it interesting.

Ti/Se: The difference between Ti in ESTPs versus ISTPs is its place in the functional stack. For ISTPs, Ti comes first, which makes them more serious, focused, and quicker to judge. ISTPs then use their auxiliary Se to open up and further explore their initial judgment. For ESTPs, the order is reversed. They do not start with an initial judgment or presumption like ISTPs, but approach things through the fresh eyes of their Se. They then employ their Ti to structure and order their Se perceptions. Their Se dominance also makes ESTPs more open to “playing” or perceiving for its own sake.

I definitely don't start with a judgement in something new... I do get to conclusions after a while and sometimes can even jump there too quickly but I usually don't start there right away.

another quote, about Ne:
For instance, ENTPs might spontaneously embark on a walk in unfamiliar city, anticipating a pleasurable sense of adventure, uncertainty, and expectancy. They might even experience a sense of romance, perhaps imagining a serendipitous encounter with a future soulmate in a quaint coffee shop or used book store. ENTP artists and writers may experience a similar sense of expectancy in entering the creative process, the excitement of not knowing exactly what will be revealed as they become immersed in their work. Hence, Ne has a certain mystical flavor, involving an openness or curiosity toward what God or the universe might have in store.

I totally relate to the sense of adventure/expectancy here when going around wherever. :) When I was writing fiction stuff, I never knew exactly what was going to come out of it. Definitely have openness & curiosity.

Otoh, didn't relate to the Ne verbal idea playing... I'm not a very verbal person (that site says Ti and Se aren't too verbal, hmmm yeah).

Another Ne quote: Because it is an extraverted function, Ne is more divergent, extensive, and open-ended than Introverted Intuition. Ni is more intensive and convergent, conferring a greater sense of conviction and closure. Once Ni has done its work, INJs are apt to feel there is a single correct solution. ENTPs, on the other hand, because of the divergent nature of Ne, are disposed to multiplying rather than reducing the number of possible options or solutions.

Again, I relate to Ni here, not Ne.

Do we have one ambivert position?

(...)

7. (18 + 10) + 3 = (t)13

Care to explain what that is about? :)

OP seems familiar.

Or maybe just generic.

Your nickname isn't familiar to me.

Generic, well, maybe I didn't write enough specifics about myself but if you have any thoughts about my functions, do let me know.

I hesitate to put you as Ti dominant because you seem to put experience over analysis, making you either Se or Ne dominant probably. I'm actually leaning toward ESTP. Except that your identifications with the inferior seem to fit Fe. If you are truly in the middle between extrovert and introvert, you could mix the two inferiors, so Fe and Si/Ni could both fit somewhat. I see that in myself. As for the 15%...that is totally arbitrary and just describes an intuitive feeling of where things lie. Like if you have 2 test tubes full of liquid describing our similarities and differences, one of them is more full than the other.

Well experience is definitely over analysis in this sense that I don't reach for analysis all the time as the first option. But then I have moments where I don't experience, just analyse. In that sense, it's indeed hard to see a clear dominant function.

One problem with ESTP is that the stereotype is totally against any kind of interest in the abstract. That's not true for me.

The Fe thing is interesting for sure... Btw, you meant three inferiors there, not two :D

Do you relate much to Ni inf.? Or only Si?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One problem with ESTP is that the stereotype is totally against any kind of interest in the abstract. That's not true for me.
Would you explain a bit more?
The Fe thing is interesting for sure... Btw, you meant three inferiors there, not two :D
I listed 3, but I meant Fe plus whatever is opposite your perceiving function (either Si or Ni).
Me- Ni just a bit, as in panicking and making assumptions- but it's always with some sort of an Fe-Ti flavor, like so and so thinks this about me or this reflects my incompetence, etc. So definitely Fe and Si. Si because I eat a lot when under stress, sleep a lot, worry about my health, and sometimes get itchy. Fe more than Si but I can see the influence, which fits because I've lived most of my life as an introvert even though my natural state I think is slightly extroverted or in the middle.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

Btw I asked if you could describe more how that ENTP friend of yours is with mental tasks... does he go for tasks needing effort as a challenge?

Yep, that makes it complicated.

Thanks, I've seen some of those before. Can definitely exclude a few types going by that :) On these sites, XSTP profiles did seem to fit pretty well compared to most other profiles. Sometimes ENTx profiles as well.

Let me quote personalityjunkie now as I checked that one now and found it interesting.

Ti/Se: The difference between Ti in ESTPs versus ISTPs is its place in the functional stack. For ISTPs, Ti comes first, which makes them more serious, focused, and quicker to judge. ISTPs then use their auxiliary Se to open up and further explore their initial judgment. For ESTPs, the order is reversed. They do not start with an initial judgment or presumption like ISTPs, but approach things through the fresh eyes of their Se. They then employ their Ti to structure and order their Se perceptions. Their Se dominance also makes ESTPs more open to “playing” or perceiving for its own sake.

I definitely don't start with a judgement in something new... I do get to conclusions after a while and sometimes can even jump there too quickly but I usually don't start there right away.

another quote, about Ne:
For instance, ENTPs might spontaneously embark on a walk in unfamiliar city, anticipating a pleasurable sense of adventure, uncertainty, and expectancy. They might even experience a sense of romance, perhaps imagining a serendipitous encounter with a future soulmate in a quaint coffee shop or used book store. ENTP artists and writers may experience a similar sense of expectancy in entering the creative process, the excitement of not knowing exactly what will be revealed as they become immersed in their work. Hence, Ne has a certain mystical flavor, involving an openness or curiosity toward what God or the universe might have in store.

I totally relate to the sense of adventure/expectancy here when going around wherever. :) When I was writing fiction stuff, I never knew exactly what was going to come out of it. Definitely have openness & curiosity.

Otoh, didn't relate to the Ne verbal idea playing... I'm not a very verbal person (that site says Ti and Se aren't too verbal, hmmm yeah).

Another Ne quote: Because it is an extraverted function, Ne is more divergent, extensive, and open-ended than Introverted Intuition. Ni is more intensive and convergent, conferring a greater sense of conviction and closure. Once Ni has done its work, INJs are apt to feel there is a single correct solution. ENTPs, on the other hand, because of the divergent nature of Ne, are disposed to multiplying rather than reducing the number of possible options or solutions.

Care to explain what that is about? :)

Your nickname isn't familiar to me.

Generic, well, maybe I didn't write enough specifics about myself but if you have any thoughts about my functions, do let me know.

Well experience is definitely over analysis in this sense that I don't reach for analysis all the time as the first option. But then I have moments where I don't experience, just analyse. In that sense, it's indeed hard to see a clear dominant function.

MBTI.
Four letters. Count: 9

36 = 9 X 4 = 12 X 3

36/6 = 6

66 - 3 = (t)36

9 = 3 X 3

33 - 9 = 36 - 12

4 = 3 - 1

31 = (t)4 - 9

13 = 4 + 9

3 - 2 = 1 - 0

(t)3 - 9 = (t)12

3 X 9 = 39 - 12

12 = 2(6 + 0)

21 = 3(6 + 1)

1 = 1 - 0

2 X 13 = 26

(t)1 = 36 - 26

The divider does not change.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI.
Four letters. Count: 9

The divider does not change.
What are the numbers referring to and why are you doing math with them? What does the conclusion mean?

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

another quote, about Ne:

My ENTP friend does find it fun, solving problems, the challenge of it. He likes blowing his mind in general - he loves looking out at the universe and freaking out about how insanely big it is.

If you use Ni more it is VERY possible that you are ISTP and thus using Ni as tertiary. From what I know, they are hands on learners as well. The pre existing Ti judgement might not be something you are aware of as you 'get in there' to figure something out.

The ISTP I know well is definitely not verbal, but likes to be in the action, among people etc, and is surprisingly intelligent and thoughtful underneath a 'bullet points', keep it simple, demeanor. I don't know if that helps you though - I'm sure all ISTP's are different from one another since we are all unique!! Gotta remember that!!

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
What are the numbers referring to and why are you doing math with them? What does the conclusion mean?

The conclusion means ambiversion is the position of the divider- which does not change.
You can be ambivert on all the letters. The position does not change. It is the same position, on all the letters. Eventually, one X.

It is simple. The types type four letters. 9 is the key.
I tried to work out the answer to the OP. MBTI is about math anyway.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Ambivert on all the letters?

Four letters. Eight functions.
8 X 4 = 32
2(32) = 64 = 8 X 8
Where is the X?

1 + 8 = 9
4 + 32 = 36
4(32) = 128
2 X 18 = 36

4 X 36 = 100 + 44 = 72 X 2
2(27) = 44 + (t)1

Four Xs?
Ultimately only one.
144 - 128 = 4 X 4

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The conclusion means ambiversion is the position of the divider- which does not change.
You can be ambivert on all the letters. The position does not change. It is the same position, on all the letters. Eventually, one X.

It is simple. The types type four letters. 9 is the key.
I tried to work out the answer to the OP. MBTI is about math anyway.

:shock: Interesting...number patterns are cool. But I don't yet understand it. That's ok.

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
"One problem with ESTP is that the stereotype is totally against any kind of interest in the abstract. That's not true for me." - Would you explain a bit more?

Well, for example, I can read about abstract or theoretical topics just fine and it can be interesting just fine, also thinking a bit past what I'm reading about. I don't do this every day but I can enjoy it for a while. Math, science, philosophical things... (Otoh, I'm no good with literature/poetry analysis/not interested in that.) Though I'm through with a big part of philosophy and such, a lot of it is always about the same things, same kinds of thoughts and the concepts are often not defined or anchored to reality in a good enough way, invalidating many of the reasonings. My view/opinion anyway. Some of it can still be interesting :) Just for kicks btw, I should find an example for you that I recently read and that really bugged me... it was a thought experiment to prove something by some recent famous philosopher displaying no knowledge of some basic science understanding. :p

I listed 3, but I meant Fe plus whatever is opposite your perceiving function (either Si or Ni).

Okay. Don't want to nitpick unnecessarily :)

Me- Ni just a bit, as in panicking and making assumptions- but it's always with some sort of an Fe-Ti flavor, like so and so thinks this about me or this reflects my incompetence, etc. So definitely Fe and Si. Si because I eat a lot when under stress, sleep a lot, worry about my health, and sometimes get itchy. Fe more than Si but I can see the influence, which fits because I've lived most of my life as an introvert even though my natural state I think is slightly extroverted or in the middle.

I see. I don't have the Si stuff like you do. I did occupy myself with some health worries in a period but otherwise it's not characteristic for me under stress. Same period had me display some Ni inferior symptoms, which is again not so characteristic for me by default, so whatever... Btw, maybe the same is true for me about I vs E, I was living quite some part of my life with introverted life style in a social sense even though it may not have been optimal for me. Now of course I/E is not just social introversion/extraversion, supposedly.

he loves looking out at the universe and freaking out about how insanely big it is.

I like to think of that myself on some days... but can he spend all day with that or what? Does he talk specifics about this topic? I kind of just get a bit "spiritual" feeling about the universe, for a short time, occasionally.

If you use Ni more it is VERY possible that you are ISTP and thus using Ni as tertiary. From what I know, they are hands on learners as well. The pre existing Ti judgement might not be something you are aware of as you 'get in there' to figure something out.

Your last sentence here, I'll have to think about that. How would I get aware of it?

The ISTP I know well is definitely not verbal, but likes to be in the action, among people etc, and is surprisingly intelligent and thoughtful underneath a 'bullet points', keep it simple, demeanor. I don't know if that helps you though - I'm sure all ISTP's are different from one another since we are all unique!! Gotta remember that!!

I'm not a simple person for sure. But I don't see ISTP as a simple type :) It seems pretty special to me, that Ti+Se combination... being theoretical yet practical. And weird too, I've looked at some ISTP posts/sites and the way some of the ISTP's are so extremely asocial is a bit alien to me.. now maybe those are just the extreme ISTP's :)

Ambivert on all the letters?

Four letters. Eight functions.
8 X 4 = 32
2(32) = 64 = 8 X 8
Where is the X?

1 + 8 = 9
4 + 32 = 36
4(32) = 128
2 X 18 = 36

4 X 36 = 100 + 44 = 72 X 2
2(27) = 44 + (t)1

Four Xs?
Ultimately only one.
144 - 128 = 4 X 4

Greenfairy already asked questions to you before I had the chance to do so myself, so I've been following this number game in silence but now I'll say I (still) don't understand the numbers here, especially not the logic about 4 letters and 8 functions. It's more like, 4 letters and 2 possible dichotomies for each (E/I, S/N, F/T, P/J). (Or, 4 positions, NOT letters and 2 functions, selectable from 8 and then from 2 and that determines the rest.) So what's this 32 number? And why only 1 X instead of 4? Why does 64 and then 9 get introduced? Definitely missing the explanations/reasons for a lot of steps in these calculations.. :dry: If you feel like fleshing out what each step means here then by all means feel free to do so.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Greenfairy already asked questions to you before I had the chance to do so myself, so I've been following this number game in silence but now I'll say I (still) don't understand the numbers here, especially not the logic about 4 letters and 8 functions. It's more like, 4 letters and 2 possible dichotomies for each (E/I, S/N, F/T, P/J). (Or, 4 positions, NOT letters and 2 functions, selectable from 8 and then from 2 and that determines the rest.) So what's this 32 number? And why only 1 X instead of 4? Why does 64 and then 9 get introduced? Definitely missing the explanations/reasons for a lot of steps in these calculations.. :dry: If you feel like fleshing out what each step means here then by all means feel free to do so.
Wow. You understood that way better than I did. I think I got a certain gist of it, but it was an entirely different line of thinking, like the mathematical patterns in the symmetry of the universe. Which might even have been unrelated. lol

This tells me you are indeed a T. Also I am becoming more convinced that you are xSTP (yes, including the x). S's can still think abstractly, they just prefer it to be grounded in concrete reality in some way. Everyone has both an N function and an S function- but one will be in service to the other. It seems like your S preference is weak, yet your abstract thought is consistently subservient to your concrete experience.

Just my assessment.

I wonder why I initially thought Ne? Maybe just because it's the perceiving function I am most familiar with and P stood out at me.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Well, for example, I can read about abstract or theoretical topics just fine and it can be interesting just fine, also thinking a bit past what I'm reading about. I don't do this every day but I can enjoy it for a while. Math, science, philosophical things... (Otoh, I'm no good with literature/poetry analysis/not interested in that.) Though I'm through with a big part of philosophy and such, a lot of it is always about the same things, same kinds of thoughts and the concepts are often not defined or anchored to reality in a good enough way, invalidating many of the reasonings. My view/opinion anyway. Some of it can still be interesting :) Just for kicks btw, I should find an example for you that I recently read and that really bugged me... it was a thought experiment to prove something by some recent famous philosopher displaying no knowledge of some basic science understanding. :p

Okay. Don't want to nitpick unnecessarily :)

I see. I don't have the Si stuff like you do. I did occupy myself with some health worries in a period but otherwise it's not characteristic for me under stress. Same period had me display some Ni inferior symptoms, which is again not so characteristic for me by default, so whatever... Btw, maybe the same is true for me about I vs E, I was living quite some part of my life with introverted life style in a social sense even though it may not have been optimal for me. Now of course I/E is not just social introversion/extraversion, supposedly.

I like to think of that myself on some days... but can he spend all day with that or what? Does he talk specifics about this topic? I kind of just get a bit "spiritual" feeling about the universe, for a short time, occasionally.

Your last sentence here, I'll have to think about that. How would I get aware of it?

I'm not a simple person for sure. But I don't see ISTP as a simple type :) It seems pretty special to me, that Ti+Se combination... being theoretical yet practical. And weird too, I've looked at some ISTP posts/sites and the way some of the ISTP's are so extremely asocial is a bit alien to me.. now maybe those are just the extreme ISTP's :)

Sorry for the mess. Four letters corresponds to eight functions. That is the general idea, is it not?
Function order: 12345678

1 + 8 = 9
2 + 7 = 9
3 + 6 = 9
4 + 5 = 9

9 X 4 = 36

Dichotomy of 4 and 5 is not the X, it is as close as it goes.
That is, MBTI is a locker of 16 types.

They do not include the X. In a way. I understand it. A locker has its uses.
A locker is a place where you have four letters, and none of them is the X.
We want the X? 4,5 + 4,5 = 9. The middle point. A new construction?
Typology is the art of the possible.

0,0 1,5 3,0 4,5 4,5 6,0 7,5 9,0

4 X 9 = 36 again. :)

How many Xs do you see? Surely 4,5 is a double suit, that is exactly the point! One X.

What is the 32? It is the number of the function play. Let us return to the locker.

Say you have a function order Si Fe Fi Se Ni Te Ti Ne. It is possble to have such a function order? Yes it is, the machine would label you an ISFJ. But you are not alone in the function planet.

How many functions do you see there? Eight. Now we number the functions. In order of preference.

4 X 9 = 36

Then we see about the compatriots.

It easy to fill the rest. Compatibility. When you are finished, cut it in half in the middle, vertically or horizontally. One half is the mirror picture of the other. Does the half count? It is only a repetition, for convenience. 8 X 4 = 32.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm going to take a stab at explaining what [MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION] said with a visual metaphor... I may be wrong, in which case please call me out! :) (the last bit is for wildcat... I don't care about other input here! :laugh:)

say that you have a piece of paper and that represents the dimensions of personality in a way... the extremes being the edges and the center being more moderate. Now fold the paper into quarters and unfold it... this gives you a cartesian plane of sorts. If you look at the measurements as something happening in a continuance as opposed to a dichotomy, you could graph where a person would fall on the plane personality-wise. The middle of the cartesian plane is always an X... it marks the spot of perfect balance :shrug:

that's taking a shot there for you! :)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm going to take a stab at explaining what [MENTION=338]wildcat[/MENTION] said with a visual metaphor... I may be wrong, in which case please call me out! :) (the last bit is for wildcat... I don't care about other input here! :laugh:)

say that you have a piece of paper and that represents the dimensions of personality in a way... the extremes being the edges and the center being more moderate. Now fold the paper into quarters and unfold it... this gives you a cartesian plane of sorts. If you look at the measurements as something happening in a continuance as opposed to a dichotomy, you could graph where a person would fall on the plane personality-wise. The middle of the cartesian plane is always an X... it marks the spot of perfect balance :shrug:

that's taking a shot there for you! :)

That is exactly it. Quite right, whatever. The X is in the middle of any balance. The extremes are the edges. That is MBTI in a nutshell. :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That is exactly it. Quite right, whatever. The X is in the middle of any balance. The extremes are the edges. That is MBTI in a nutshell. :)

most things contain truth if kept simple... unfortunately, the devil lurks in the details :ninja:

:cheers: to wildcat though :)

S

Society

if we go by MBTI:
someone could - hypothetically - be the prefect balance of two type sets in an opposite order:
NTP/SFJ
NFP/STJ
STP/NFJ
SFP/NTJ
however, depending on which functions they have, they would be one of those 4 sets.
this in itself is extremely unlikely, as the theory goes, you'd have only one "dominant" or rather energy-less function, a function which is so you that it costs no effort, and yet can't be disengaged, any functional maneuvering you do includes that function by default. so for you to be seemingly balanced, you'd need your other 3 functions to operate under an infinite feed of energy to the point where you wouldn't notice any effort in engaging them.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My sister seems to be ambityped as XXXX. She scores as ENFJ with about a +10% difference. Same my ISFP best guy friend that just took the test...well, he scored as INTP first, but the ISFP description strongly resonated with him. So he at least is IXXX.