• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ or ISFP? (Ni-Fi or Fi-Ni looping)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There are so many definitions of Ni around the Internet and I'm not sure exactly what it means. I know what Fi is and I definitely relate to it. I get my morals through my inner feelings rather than what other people's feelings. How does inferior Te work? I relate much more to inferior Se. Here, personalitycafe, and greenlightwiki.
The inside awareness independent of how it effects the external world seems more like NiFi and inferior Se.
I thought it over and I realized that I'm not an extravert, I just wanted to see myself as one. People exhaust me and I get energized from living in my inner world. I don't feel like I live in the external world. I'm fairly unhealthy currently so it would make a bit of sense. I relate really well to ISFPs.
An SP would get out and interact with the 'real' world, and a feeling one on top of that would like people.

If you would like more evidence and examples, I can provide it.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
My friend I've been talking to for a while thinks I'm an ISFP. I think it's definitely possible considering I'm pretty unhealthy emotionally. INTJs are often glorified on the Internet and maybe I want to see myself as something I'm not. Ask me anything!

I'm going to talk about whatever comes to mind. My ultimate goal in life is to become my ideal of perfection and create an impact on the world that will last at least a million years. I care a lot about being authentic to my myself and my morals. I don't believe in excuses ever when it comes to doing the right thing. I believe in emotional control at all times in order to do what I deem as the right thing to do. I try to push my personal feelings aside when I help others out because I usually don't care too much about people around me, I care much more about doing the right thing. I'm fine with making people angry as long as I'm true to my morals.

I have 13 70-page journals dedicated to long term planning and I consider myself very results-oriented. I'm also a 3w4 though. I don't really believe in living in the moment because everything adds up in the end IMO. I'm also very oblivious to anything that doesn't have to do with a goal. For example, I didn't notice my house had a dishwasher until a few months ago and I've been living here for 9 years. I also can never remember details in an environment. I'm not observant at all.

I'm very into aesthetics and shock affect. Many times, I say something ridiculous or blunt just to impact others. I've very focused on making on making an impact, doesn't matter if it's negative or positive, the more, the better. I'm very, very into fashion. I love reading fashion history books and browsing magazines. I love creating things. I get a sense of satisfaction from creating beautiful things. When someone has that ability, I tend to really admire them. It's amazing IMO.

I really hate conflict sometimes but the other times, I find it fun and refreshing. I used to have a problem in which I created conflicts in my relationships just because I was bored and wanted to spice things up.

I really dislike being controlled. My first reaction to someone telling me to do something is to not do it but then I recognize that that's unreasonable so I do whatever will help me achieve what I want to. I dislike the system and I seek to change it one day. I don't really like people who blindly obey rules and I hate it when people don't critically think at all.

By the way, I'm a 3w4 1w2 7w8 which can really affect the way I come off.

Honestly, I see no real reason to question your type, based on the information you've put forth. It all seems very in line with an ego-centric (I don't mean that in a bad way :D) INTJ that wants to make their mark on the world (which explains why you've typed as a 3).

Even if you're worried about your 'unhealthiness' impacting your type, I don't think even the unhealthiest of ISFPs could pull off the INTJ look for long. So if you're being honest with what you're posting (and there's no reason for me to think you're not), I hardly see the worry. Keep in mind that this is your friend, too, who likely sees you at your best and at your worst. Seeing all sides of you, like when you're upset and bound to express your tert/inferior functions, would affect his/her judgment.

Nicki

Retired
The inside awareness independent of how it effects the external world seems more like NiFi and inferior Se.

Oh okay, yeah, I can see that.

An SP would get out and interact with the 'real' world, and a feeling one on top of that would like people.

If you would like more evidence and examples, I can provide it.

Hmm I'm not sure what this means but sometimes when I stay in my house for too long, I can go kind of insane and get this fear of becoming disconnected from reality. I heard a lot of Fi doms are misanthropes. Could you provide more please?

Nicki

Retired
Honestly, I see no real reason to question your type, based on the information you've put forth. It all seems very in line with an ego-centric (I don't mean that in a bad way :D) INTJ that wants to make their mark on the world (which explains why you've typed as a 3).

Even if you're worried about your 'unhealthiness' impacting your type, I don't think even the unhealthiest of ISFPs could pull off the INTJ look for long. So if you're being honest with what you're posting (and there's no reason for me to think you're not), I hardly see the worry. Keep in mind that this is your friend, too, who likely sees you at your best and at your worst. Seeing all sides of you, like when you're upset and bound to express your tert/inferior functions, would affect his/her judgment.

What about my desire for impact?

I was trying to be as honest as I possibly could. When I first made a thread asking about my type on this forum, a long time ago, I wasn't being too honest and I was kind of afraid of people saying that I was an asshole or something similar. Yeah, that would make sense.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
What about my desire for impact?

As in making your mark on the world? Still INTJ. INTJs in fiction, for example, are often the visionaries who want to have a long-reaching influence, even past their death.

Nicki

Retired
As in making your mark on the world? Still INTJ. INTJs in fiction, for example, are often the visionaries who want to have a long-reaching influence, even past their death.

Ah, they tend to be type 3s right?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't seem worth it but
I'd reduce my payout to 5 million
Internet- 18 points
Library and study with every book published- 4 points
Workout Room- 5 points
Hygiene Products- 3 points
All movies and TV shows- 4 points
Total: 34 points
The only things on that list that seem more SFP than NTJ are the last 2, but you didn't even give them as many points. The internet on the other hand is a conduit of multiple possibilities that can be programmed and experienced with joy by the mind of an NT.
What is reality? Isn't everything we know and see subjective? How do we know for sure what reality is? After all, everything's perspective and we never know anything for sure. (I'm not allowed to pull up the source directly from the SP private forum, but here's the source - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60790&p=2030375)
I don't think I have ever seen any ordinary SPs fond of this kind of meta-perspectivization.
I related to these things.

"I have a tendency to want to forget everything before the present moment, because it's immaterial. Even if what I've been through has made me somewhat of a role model, and even if I can recall those experiences for my own betterment and the betterment of others, I'd still choose to ignore them (or at least treat them objectively or from a distance) if possible. It's as if the person way back then was 'not me,' that adversity is absolutely great so long as it's actually been overcome, and that I'd rather not be reminded of the 'failure' I used to be, thank you very much."

"I outright mentor those who work for me and we're very vulnerable with one another. We know each other pretty well, which, among other things, provides context in the work environment. My opinion is that people are of the utmost importance and that we ought to be able to cut through our bullshit, and I strive for higher positions to increase my sphere of influence both for my gain and so I can fix this sort of culture to the extent that I can.

I used to have a bit of anxiety about being judged or rejected by those who were important to me, and it was difficult to find "safe" atmospheres. In keeping with my last answer above, I decided instead to create those safe atmospheres."
I'm not sure this is all type related, but in you first paragraph, you mentioned something about rising above challenges and overcoming adversity - which is more ITJish.

Again, if this is insufficient, I can dig a deeper hole into your history.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes. - Nikola Tesla

There's a prime example for you - and yes, this desire to transform the world is very much in line with NTJ.

Nicki

Retired
The only things on that list that seem more SFP than NTJ are the last 2, but you didn't even give them as many points. The internet on the other hand is a conduit of multiple possibilities that can be programmed and experienced with joy by the mind of an NT.

Yeah, I find the Internet really fun to be on. Though I was mostly thinking about making money off of creating websites and working online so by the time, I'd be out of the cellar, I'd have even more money to spend. I wouldn't want to waste such valuable free time. Also, I'd use the library/study to develop and perfect skills, maybe learn a few languages.

I don't think I have ever seen any ordinary SPs fond of this kind of meta-perspectivization.

Hmm really? Honestly, nothing is. We never ever know for sure.

I'm not sure this is all type related, but in you first paragraph, you mentioned something about rising above challenges and overcoming adversity - which is more ITJish.

Again, if this is insufficient, I can dig a deeper hole into your history.

Type 3ish I think. Hmm could you? Thanks a lot for doing this btw.

Nicki

Retired
The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes. - Nikola Tesla

There's a prime example for you - and yes, this desire to transform the world is very much in line with NTJ.

I definitely agree with that quote. I want my work to last for a long time, I don't need/want immediate gratification. I don't believe in it at all.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJs tend to hate me and find me super offensive. The ENFJs I've known tend to see themselves as this overly-helpful victim in life even when they're doing not-so-nice things. But ENFJs at their best make you feel belonged and cared for, I think. ENFJs I've talked to online seem like lovely people.
ISFP is known as the nicest type - which the beginning of this quote shows you do not match.
In 2013, I'm going to learn as much as I possibly can and hopefully create a plan to improve this world.
If you really mean this, then that correlates well with the point Ism brought up on NTJs and forging your future.
That's really interesting, are you really into math? Yup, I have a few notebooks dedicated to my research and I know I want fame.
Again this, assuming its true, would also be a plan to improve the world.

Okay, I'm done now - make of it what you will; I think though I have pretty much completely debunked the ISFP theory (and the responce is late because I logged off earlier).

Nicki

Retired
ISFP is known as the nicest type - which the beginning of this quote shows you do not match.

If you really mean this, then that correlates well with the point Ism brought up on NTJs and forging your future.

Again this, assuming its true, would also be a plan to improve the world.

Okay, I'm done now - make of it what you will; I think though I have pretty much completely debunked the ISFP theory (and the responce is late because I logged off earlier).

Hmm but not all ISFPs are nice. Yes, I meant this. Too many people notice what's wrong with the world but don't really care since they just want to be comfortable. Many of my peers see what's wrong with society but they don't want to do anything. My generation could cause a movement if we were actually passionate.

Yeah, I'm probably not an ISFP and thanks for doing this! It's not a problem.

Title

there, there
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
etc
Note for clarification: I did not say I think you necessarily *are* an ISFP, I just said I think you *aren't* an INTJ. Is it possible that you are? Sure -- I just have difficulty seeing it.

Nicki

Retired
Note for clarification: I did not say I think you necessarily *are* an ISFP, I just said I think you *aren't* an INTJ. Is it possible that you are? Sure -- I just have difficulty seeing it.

Yes, you did. You said both if I recall correctly. If you can explain why, I'll think about it.

Nicki

Retired

"i still think isfp is your best bet"

"you could be an isfp 3w4 you know"

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
C'mon people... functions =/= on the surface stereotypes like "you don't act like an ISFP". Nope, if they are a 3, then that's how they're gonna act!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To add to the thread, I see nothing that would indicate Ni dominance. Have you filled any questionnaires out for finding your type? How about some random questions to answer?

Would you consider yourself as a quiet, calm person or an active person?

Would you rather be by yourself or with lots of other people?

What do you do when you get angry? What makes you angry?

What do you do when you are happy? What makes you happy?

What do you do when you are sad? What are some things that make you sad?

Do you have any interesting habits?

What do you think of old fashioned people?

If you had three wishes, what would they be? And no, you can't wish for infinite wishes. lol.

If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?

If you had to go back in time and change one thing, if you HAD to, even if you had “no regrets” what would it be?

Nicki

Retired
To add to the thread, I see nothing that would indicate Ni dominance. Have you filled any questionnaires out for finding your type? How about some random questions to answer?

Would you consider yourself as a quiet, calm person or an active person?

Would you rather be by yourself or with lots of other people?

What do you do when you get angry? What makes you angry?

What do you do when you are happy? What makes you happy?

What do you do when you are sad? What are some things that make you sad?

Do you have any interesting habits?

What do you think of old fashioned people?

If you had three wishes, what would they be? And no, you can't wish for infinite wishes. lol.

If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?

If you had to go back in time and change one thing, if you HAD to, even if you had “no regrets” what would it be?

Oh okay, yeah I'm open to any suggestions really as long as you explain them.

I consider myself an active person. I always have to be doing something.

Myself

People disrespecting me makes me angry. Conceited people tend to get on my nerves too. When I get angry, I try not to let it take over me, I instead try to decide what the best course of action would be depending on either my goals or moral rules.

When, I'm happy, I'm really light-hearted and I joke around a lot. Hmm I guess watching a really good TV show or movie.

When, I'm sad, I just look up self help articles to keep from being sad. My parents definitely and the state of the world

This probably comes from my gut fix, but I have around 60/70 moral/behavior rules that are based on both research and how I feel. Whenever I do something regarding someone, I push all my personal feelings away and rely completely on those rules.

Too many people complain about people who are not harming anyone with their habits. I think they're okay if they're not douchebags that rely on the past for everything.

Lol I was about to. Hmm, I would wish for 5,000 dollars, a life that's around 90 years long, and to be able to never sleep.

If I only had 24 hours to live, I'd probably just sleep in.

If I had to go back in time and change one thing, it would be a tantrum I had with my sister when I was 8 years old.