• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is This Guy a Sensor?

Majora4Prez

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh yes, because we ALL know that anyone with an S in their type lacks imagination and the ability to come up with shit off the top of their head... there's no way in hell that anyone with an S in their type could EVER be a writer! :doh:
I thought I made it clear that I'm not the one pigeon-holing him, he's pigeon-holing himself. I don't buy into any of that "N is the master race" crap.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought I made it clear that I'm not the one pigeon-holing him, he's pigeon-holing himself. I don't buy into any of that "N is the master race" crap.

:laugh: that was my response to his train of thought there...

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Good day, residents of Typology Central. I am most certainly sure that I am an INTP, but someone I know from another site is having difficulty determining whether he's INTP or ISTJ. He wants to be N rather badly, and he's written some good poetry, but he has very strong Si and doesn't ponder or analyze things much. He's grounded in reality, doesn't know if he has a rich inner world anymore, and is fueled by a "childish anger" at times. He wishes more to gain a general understanding of things to work with rather than a complete comprehension of them. He can be swayed by empirical evidence, skims a lot while reading, generalizes the events in fiction (and therefore has trouble finding plot holes), and feels set in his ways. The two of us have lots of similarities, including difficulty completing assignments for school, but mine stems from wanting to wait until I am ready to do or understand something and not wanting to create something bad or show my lack of understanding or ability, whereas his results more from genuine laziness and a lack of motivation to do things outside his comfort zone. He's worried that if he's ISTJ, he's doomed to working for the IRS (not necessarily, just something like that) and being "pragmatic, closed-minded, practical, literal, and physical".

Overall, he wants to know if he's an ISTJ and, if he is, whether that means he can't be a writer and how he can develop his intuition more.

Thank you for helping to confirm his Myers-Briggs type. I suppose it was not entirely accurate to say he's worried about being able to be a writer, but that he'd be able to work with original ideas and write things other than pulp novels.

A Sensor is not a failed iNtuitor. Maybe he's just an INTJ who is a bad writer?