• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yo people

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
(sidenote: I am quite tired atm)
So my problem is the whole INFJ vs INTJ stuff. I know what you're thinking now, you're like "well those types are incredibly different" so hear me out.

INFJ:
Fe - Conflict in the vicinity makes me feel weird inside and I prefer to be diplomatic. I also stand up for the little guy most of the time.
Ti - I dissect things and ask all the "why" questions to build up a picture in my mind of what is being talked about and so I can understand the other person's views.

INTJ:
Te - When I was younger I would always give exact and objective measurements and I'm still a hard-ass when it comes to goals, so if I give you 1 hour to do something for me and it takes you 1 hour and 10 minutes then there's nothing that can buy away the disappointment. Even tho I prefer to be merciful then rules are rules.
Fi - Even tho I like to be diplomatic then I'm not doing stuff because it makes the other person feel good, but rather because it makes me feel good. Like I said on the Fe one, conflict in the vicinity makes me feel weird so I make sure that it comes to an end.

Now another problem is that INTJs think I'm irrational and INFJs think I am cold.
That's not the main thing tho, people have many times told me that I am very diplomatic (even tho I sometimes can be very pushy/aggressive) with how I speak and some think that I am very idealistic. My INTP friend however was completely sure that I was a thinker rather than a feeler and an ENTJ friend (we literally speak the same language) and I was talking about a book in programming that I attempted reading and I said "I'm better with people than that stuff" and he replied "Well, or it was just the book" (kinda implying that he thought I wasn't really the best people person).

If you want me to do a questionnaire or something then I can do one, I love filling out questionnaires. Mainly because people try to figure me out when I do.

Also, since games display our alter-ego then it might be an important piece that I prefer to be support or long range support.

Also found this:
INTJs are verbose and direct. They can be passionate about ideas (Fi) and may disregard tact and others’ feelings because they organize their thoughts as they speak. Their speech has a flow and they can instantly organize their ideas into bullets or numbers. (Te) They prefer to make charts, graphs, and drawings to share their explicit logic.
I agree with just about everything about that.
I also need to talk to organize my thoughts.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess INFJ.

I'm not a function nazi either. If you like to be diplomatic, that's a typical NF trait in my experience.

Also, that thing you relate to with that so called 'INTJ description', I've seen poeple say the exact same organized structure of ideas into numbers and such is Ti.

The point is, people will take any random quality and start bitching about it by giving it a function, almost like a self-invented excuse to explain something away that's misunderstood.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess INFJ.

I'm not a function nazi either. If you like to be diplomatic, that's a typical NF trait in my experience.

Also, that thing you relate to with that so called 'INTJ description', I've seen poeple say the exact same organized structure of ideas into numbers and such is Ti.

The point is, people will take any random quality and start bitching about it by giving it a function, almost like a self-invented excuse to explain something away that's misunderstood.
Okay, thanks. :blush:
It's just that most INFJs I talk with seem to be so socially capable, I mean, I'm really clumsy... I don't know how many girls I've called fat as an uncontrollable reaction. aka. I analyze a person's body structure and go something like "you're fat" in a very blunt and apathetic way.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, well if you're socially clumsy, that could be partially why neither the INFJs nor the INTJs accept you, since you claim to be 'cold and irrational', but you know what, if a random typologist were to go by random functions alone based on the information you gave, they might invent an NiFi loop explanation, you know, in which you keep your feelings inside, unlike INFJs, and you also use more feeling than thinking, unlike many INTJs.

So ya, maybe you could very well be INTJ - but if you really want proper verification, I think there was another user here named [MENTION=17178]Emerill[/MENTION] who was confused between the Ni doms, and could very well have a very similar cognitive setup to yours.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, well if you're socially clumsy, that could be partially why neither the INFJs nor the INTJs accept you, since you claim to be 'cold and irrational', but you know what, if a random typologist were to go by random functions alone based on the information you gave, they might invent an NiFi loop explanation, you know, in which you keep your feelings inside, unlike INFJs, and you also use more feeling than thinking, unlike many INTJs.

So ya, maybe you could very well be INTJ - but if you really want proper verification, I think there was another user here named [MENTION=17178]Emerill[/MENTION] who was confused between the Ni doms, and could very well have a very similar cognitive setup to yours.

Okay, thanks again :)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I think you sound more INFJ than INTJ. BTW, INFJs are not always socially astute. They are introverts, after all.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Well, I can only speculate about your type, unless I get more info.
You call people fat, for the joy of it. Sounds not very F to me.
I suggest you do a functions test and post the results here, so you can get different opinions on it

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You call people fat, for the joy of it.
Lies.
I don't know how many girls I've called fat as an uncontrollable reaction
As much will put in it as breathing.

I suggest you do a functions test and post the results here, so you can get different opinions on it
I'm really tired atm, but done the K2C test:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.4)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************* (33.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.5)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************************** (35.4)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.4)
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

Personally I find the questions to be... weird tho.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
limited use
average use
good use
average use
limited use
good use
excellent use
good use

So let's put it in order..

1. Fe (38.5) > Fi (35.4) , Diff (3.1)
2. Ti (35.4) > Te (22.4) , Diff (13)
3. Ne (33.4) > Ni (28.5) , Diff (4.9)
4. Si (26.4) > Se (19.4) , Diff (7)

The biggest difference is between Ti and Te, so we can exclude Te. If we sort out all types that use Te we've got FJs and TPs left.
Are you sure that you're IN? If so, we have INFJ and INTP left. So if I were you, I just would ask myself, am I more a perciever or am I more a judger?

Hope this was helpful :)

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
infp's seem most likely to call people fat, tbh.
kinda unsure of any correlation.
So let's put it in order..

1. Fe (38.5) > Fi (35.4) , Diff (3.1)
2. Ti (35.4) > Te (22.4) , Diff (13)
3. Ne (33.4) > Ni (28.5) , Diff (4.9)
4. Si (26.4) > Se (19.4) , Diff (7)

The biggest difference is between Ti and Te, so we can exclude Te. If we sort out all types that use Te we've got FJs and TPs left.
Are you sure that you're IN? If so, we have INFJ and INTP left. So if I were you, I just would ask myself, am I more a perciever or am I more a judger?

Hope this was helpful :)
Thanks and yea, I'm sure I'm an IN.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
But your functions...

INTJ has Ni Te Fi Se
You have Fe Ti Ne Si

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
limited use
average use
good use
average use
limited use
good use
excellent use
good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

This is a truly confusing result xD

BTW the test interpreting you as INTP epically fails since Fe is showing up as your strongest function......

The only thing of perhaps some significance I see is that Se is your weakpoint, adding to my suspicion that you are at least an INJ of some sort. INFJs and INTJs are totally not vastly different btw, just of a slightly different flavor through differing auxiliaries.

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But your functions...

INTJ has Ni Te Fi Se
You have Fe Ti Ne Si

This is a truly confusing result xD

BTW the test interpreting you as INTP epically fails since Fe is showing up as your strongest function......

The only thing of perhaps some significance I see is that Se is your weakpoint, adding to my suspicion that you are at least an INJ of some sort. INFJs and INTJs are totally not vastly different btw, just of a slightly different flavor through differing auxiliaries.

I think we can conclude that the K2C test is quite messed up. :wack:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
[MENTION=16008]Acerbusvenator[/MENTION]

If we were talking in terms of functions, you could just say your Fe and Te are both pretty high, so that's why you seem INXJ.

Maybe giving a greater description of how you interact with people, or just more stuff about you in general, could help? If we focus on behaviors that both fit Te and Fe, with no other context given, it's mostly just a guessing game.

Edit: Also, try these tests (because not only are they indicative of your type - THEY'RE FUN!)

Golden Compass Daemon Test: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-golden-compass-daemon-test
D&D Alignment Test: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

OkCupid LONG Personality Test: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-brutally-honest-personality-test
OkCupid Brutally Honest Personality Test: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-brutally-honest-personality-test

Acerbusvenator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=16008]Acerbusvenator[/MENTION]

If we were talking in terms of functions, you could just say your Fe and Te are both pretty high, so that's why you seem INXJ.

Maybe giving a greater description of how you interact with people, or just more stuff about you in general, could help? If we focus on behaviors that both fit Te and Fe, with no other context given, it's mostly just a guessing game.

I can supply with some information
these 2 are threads that I've been talking in
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/132605-whats-my-type-based-off-natal-chart.html
http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/132592-existence-personality-types.html

Generally with people I am fairly friendly and silly if they aren't starting discussion and coming up with stupid arguments or if they simply got stupid views. Then I tend to question their arguments and views and the more emotional they get, the more hostile I get (since then it seems like they just don't accept what I'm saying because of pride).
I am very concerned with people tho, I am studying to become a social worker so I can help people, but I am not great at the whole "saying the right thing" stuff, I tend to say the exact opposite of the right thing which has made me realize that I need to meet those situations objectively rather than trying to comfort.
I sense when a fight is starting to emerge and fights make me feel extremely bad inside. and I really can't handle it if it's between 2 people I admire because then I don't know what side I should pick or stand by. Feels as if my brain is being split in 2.