• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I may be INTP-ish at the moment, but as a child I didn't seem like it (confused!)

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Since personality type doesn't change, I've been reading on how an INTP may be as a child and early adolescent. Yes, I was born with a developmental delay, and diagnosed with disorders like ADHD and aspergers, so that could affect the cognitive process of an INTP (or any personality type for that matter).

As a kid (from what I remember) from ages 4-12:

-I was adventurous, but hated getting into trouble.
-I was pretty oversensitive (almost complete opposite now amazingly)
-I had trouble doing things on my own (mainly from ages 4-8)
-I was interested in making friends to an extent, but after a while I became more interested in myself, and even moreso, my interests; I sat in my room and watched TV and drew all kinds of shit (comic books, animations, etc.)
-Had very narrow interests (weather, dogs, etc.)
-Was always questioning everything
-Very hyperactive and emotional (likely a part of the developmental delay)
-Was independent to an extent
-I was easily distracted

This is all I remember; there could be much more, but the above as a whole is pretty fitting for my character; and I have drastically changed over the years (I also missed school for 3 years due to a very bad situation I was in during my early adolescenthood, which cognitively affected my developmental stages, long story).

I

Infinite Bubble

I think most of what have written has more to do with your disorders than a personality type per se. If there's anything I could make input on it would be that individuals with high Ne are (supposedly) diagnosed with ADD/ADHD more often than other types. I also read that as a child INTPs have narrower interests, then widen as they grow up because of Ne developing.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I think most of what have written has more to do with your disorders than a personality type per se. If there's anything I could make input on it would be that individuals with high Ne are (supposedly) diagnosed with ADD/ADHD more often than other types. I also read that as a child INTPs have narrower interests, then widen as they grow up because of Ne developing.

This is happening with me right now, I just can't jump start the interests due to lack of motivation and depression.