• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ugh... I'm back again.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I originally thought I was an ISFP, before someone with a VERY thorough and convincing argument made me realize I was an INFJ. For months I believed with absolute certainty that I was an INFJ. However, now someone told me they think I'm really an ISFJ, so even though I was 100% sure I was an INFJ, I went to check out the ISFJ forums on some different sites and some profiles... And now I'm confused again.
This is basically how it goes:
I act like an ISFJ (at least, I think). However, ISFJs intimidate me, and I'm not sure why. I feel much more comfortable, understood and connected when speaking with INFJs. All of the characters that are fictional that are thought to be INFJs I really relate to, but I feel like the ISFJ ones behave like I do. I read some differences between INFJ and ISFJ, and I related to about half of the INFJ and about half of the ISFJ descriptions.
I am just at a total and utter loss. I think I may not properly understand one of them, that's likely what's going on.
So just to double-check--is there a certain reason why I could feel this way about the two separate types?
I've basically done every questionnaire online and every quiz online by now since my MBTI self-discovery journey started, so I'd like to just see what your first impressions of me are and answer any questions you have to ask. I can try to describe myself or something if you'd like, even though I'm crap at that xD

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know how useful this might be but I'm going out on a limb here... here are some key words I found associated with ISFJ and with INFJ. The ones that are bolded are ones I agree with/resonate with me; the ones that are not bolded are ones I don't.

ISFJ

follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change*

*Depends on what kind of change it is and how large the change is.

INFJ

creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality*, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

*Sometimes.

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually think INFP. Adding to the confusion?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
intp 3w4 sp/so

Haha, I am definitely not an INTP. The only function I am sure of is that Fe is my auxiliary function and that I have a well developed Fi for a Fe-user. I'm pretty sure I use an inferior or tertiary Ti, my thinking isn't very well developed and I can't utilize it at all. Interesting that you would think that, though. I know I'm not T-over-F because my opinions of people are always skewed and biased by my personal feelings, any opinion ever is skewed and biased by what I feel/feel like it should be/feel is right morally, and I cannot detach myself from my emotions and feelings enough to use logic.
Also, my boyfriend is 100% textbook INTP and I'm nothing like him, and can't rationalize or think the same way he does. I am 100%, totally sure I'm an F. But I'm interested in hearing why you think INTP! I like hearing what people's impressions of me are :D
[MENTION=8973]Joehobo[/MENTION]
I don't really think I'm an INFP anymore... can I hear why you think INFP?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually think INFP. Adding to the confusion?

Ya, I also agree with INFP.

Maybe though, we should see how [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] feels about this, another member who types as INFJ who many perceive (possibly falsely) to be INFP.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm cool with hearing how greenfairy feels! Do you guys think I should try to find a questionnaire I haven't already filled out (it gets boring to fill them out many times over unless I've had huge self-revelations since the last time I filled it out) so you have more resources and info to pull from?
I've also heard that family members' types can affect your behavior, though I don't know how accurate that is. Just in case it's useful for you to know:
Mom: ESXJ (likely a T, or a very weak F preference)
Dad: ENTx (I think maybe a J, but not sure.)
Older brother: INTJ. He is definitely INTJ. I know for sure he is an INTJ, as does he.

Otherwise, I'm an idiot who knows nothing. :D

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ya, I also agree with INFP.

Maybe though, we should see how [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] feels about this, another member who types as INFJ who many perceive (possibly falsely) to be INFP.
I'm cool with hearing how greenfairy feels!

Thanks for valuing my input. :)

Although I'm actually feeling as lost as ever right now between INFJ, INTP, and INFP (because I'm emotional at the moment and trying to analyze my emotional response type-wise to make myself feel better, and because I've been burned out and cynical about typology for awhile now). So I don't think I'd be much help. I think it's really hard if not impossible to give enough information online for an accurate typing. This is one reason I've been so frustrated by people being so sure I'm not one type or another. And when I question them about it they can never give me answers which I think merit such certainty.

So the bottom line is that I think only you can be sure of your type, and even if you are it is quite possible you are mistaken.

I've been thinking of writing my own questionnaire which I think would give more accurate results, but that would entail being sure of my understanding of cognitive functions, and it seems like every time I think I have a good distinction between two of them I find someone who uses the opposite one in the same way and the distinction falls into question.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks for valuing my input. :)

Although I'm actually feeling as lost as ever right now between INFJ, INTP, and INFP (because I'm emotional at the moment and trying to analyze my emotional response type-wise to make myself feel better, and because I've been burned out and cynical about typology for awhile now). So I don't think I'd be much help. I think it's really hard if not impossible to give enough information online for an accurate typing. This is one reason I've been so frustrated by people being so sure I'm not one type or another. And when I question them about it they can never give me answers which I think merit such certainty.

So the bottom line is that I think only you can be sure of your type, and even if you are it is quite possible you are mistaken.

I've been thinking of writing my own questionnaire which I think would give more accurate results, but that would entail being sure of my understanding of cognitive functions, and it seems like every time I think I have a good distinction between two of them I find someone who uses the opposite one in the same way and the distinction falls into question.

Ooh, I'd be really interested in reading a questionnaire you made! Even if it wasn't accurate, I bet it'd be fun to fill out. :D Especially because I've already filled out every single one on PerC for MBTI, and one of the Ennegream ones. xD
I'm going to fill out a questionnaire for MBTI (or two or three), and post it/them next, maybe along with an Ennegream one. I'm not as interested in that as I am my MBTI type for the time being but I'd like to see how the two coincide/affect or change each other. Even if you feel that your input is jaded or inaccurate I'd like to read what you think with your knowledge and impression of the functions at the moment, anyways. ^^

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ooh, I'd be really interested in reading a questionnaire you made! Even if it wasn't accurate, I bet it'd be fun to fill out. :D Especially because I've already filled out every single one on PerC for MBTI, and one of the Ennegream ones. xD
I'm going to fill out a questionnaire for MBTI (or two or three), and post it/them next, maybe along with an Ennegream one. I'm not as interested in that as I am my MBTI type for the time being but I'd like to see how the two coincide/affect or change each other. Even if you feel that your input is jaded or inaccurate I'd like to read what you think with your knowledge and impression of the functions at the moment, anyways. ^^
Cool. I'll keep it in mind then.

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I am 14 years old and a female. I'm also speaking online, which causes me to act more formal and outgoing than I actually behave in real life.

2. Study these two images here https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8287/7704380682_4da6df716d.jpg and here https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6005/6004664548_32c083ea9f_m.jpg. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I prefer the first one. The second one is too dull, every day and boring for my own tastes. The first one seems sweeping and abstract while also realistic. It's a magical place that you could actually go to. You feel like you can reach out and touch the colors and it really makes you think, because it looks like it's from a different universe. You feel like you just want to go there and live there and sit on that shore and think while the waves roar and the stars twinkle. It's calming in a way.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I'm going to write this like I'm actually writing a letter—it'll help me get into the mindset.

Dear ___,
I don't know where to begin, really, on describing myself, but I would like for you to understand me. That's one of the key components of me: I want to understand other people and to be understood, in turn, by other people. I have a lot of ideas in my mind that I have difficulty articulating to other people, because I always end up rattling on and on if I let myself speak. Normally they're about things other people aren't interested in, as well, so I feel fear of being judged. It's not that I think what I'm thinking about is wrong, I just feel timid to expose it to the rest of the world.
I love other people, yet I also hate them. I love studying the human condition. We are not whole, not a one of us. We are not complete, but we all find different ways to be complete. Other people, or certain hobbies or interests. I would like to get to know you to the point where I know what makes you feel complete, and I can tell you what makes me feel complete with complete, pure honesty, and not a bias on what I think you want to hear.
I often have intuitions about other people that I can't quite explain. They mostly come in forms of, “I really want to talk to this person”, or “I should stay away from this person”. Sometimes I immediately know what to say to make situations feel better, and sometimes I immediately can guess what's wrong, or why they did a certain thing. It's sort of like a sixth sense.
I'm terrible at math. I hate it. I'm also terrible at chemistry, physics, and anything similar. What I thrive in is art, creative writing, performing, and psychology. I love art, creative writing and performing because I can say what I want to say, show what I want to show and be myself and be seen and heard without being looked at too closely, because that intimidates me. I love psychology because, again, I love the fragility of the human condition and I love thinking about why people are the way they are. Going along with this, one of my goals is to help people. Not really in a day-to-day “let me get the laundry done for you”, “wash the dishes”, “cook you food”, “get you medicine” (though I love doing this for people I'm close with when they're sick or very busy), I mean more of mentally and emotionally. I love playing counselor and therapist. I love holding my friends when they're crying. It's just something I like. I'm not a fan of history, but the Holocaust is utterly fascinating to me as well. My heart breaks for all those who died, and the families of those who died. I think the reason why it's so intriguing to me is because of the injustice of it. How could one do that to another human being? How could one even harbor that much hate? I don't understand.
Now, let me admit something to you. I am not mean-spirited, but sometimes I can be very selfish and manipulative to get my way. I promise you that if you put up with this, I will be your best friend for life in return. I will hold you when you cry, get you your favorite candy during a breakup, make you a mixed CD using my music to help you better understand me, and you will be one of the first person to hear my ideas when I want to talk about them (which may or may not be right after I have them). I will also take a chainsaw to the face of anyone who hurts you, regardless of who's in the wrong. I am a good friend if you're willing to put up with me.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I want to be the kind of person who inspires others. I want to help them along in their life journey and watch them thrive and grow. I want to be fragile but strong, like a baby bird whose nest falls, but it flies back up on its fragile, easily broken wings and tries to begin anew with another nest. I don't want to be mean, cruel, or value logic too much. I don't want to lose sight of what I feel is good in life. I don't want to hurt other people, ever. No matter who they are. I would rather help someone who abused me for years and years than say a mean word to a murderer. I just cannot do it. (This, however, only covers being mean, not being defensive. I Tweeted someone who called Demi Lovato fat saying “I cannot believe you just said that. Cannot.” I hate confrontation and conflict because I always internalize them and end up feeling ill, I take them way too personally and they completely overwhelm me and result in low-key panic attacks or high level anxiety, but I will defend what I believe is right... just gently.)

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I'm not sure on a lot of this, but I do know people either perceive me as more hyper than I am, or as more helpful than I am. (I'm rarely taken for more serious than I am). Going off of how I behave in real life, though. I always have a smile on my face and act happy to help, even if I'm completely grudgingly doing it, complaining, back talking and insulting in my head. People often don't realize what's really going on underneath, they only see what I choose to portray on the surface. (I'm trying to answer these questionnaires as honestly as I can, though.)

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
I find taking life seriously and treating everything special as special as it is is a big thing for me. This translates into chastity (I asked my parents for a purity ring when I was 12), for example. Kindness, humility (I need to work on that one), strength (of mind, not body), love, and faith are all big ones, too. Anything along the lines of those.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
Um... For this one, I'm going to pick a situation when I was 11. I tend to react similarly with changes depending on what KIND of situation it is usually. I was starting a new type of dance. I've always done lyrical, ballet, tap, jazz, and modern was close enough to lyrical that I could fumble along, but I was starting Irish dance for the first time. I was in a different studio, I'd never met the teachers before, and I knew not a single soul. My mom was so pumped up and excited for me I didn't have the heart to tell her how nervous I was, so I just smiled and told her I was excited too. I was the first person there, due to my obsessive punctuality, and I sat there in a chair in the room fiddling my thumbs with my toes going numb waiting for other people to get there. When the teacher walked in, she smiled at me, and I smiled back, but I was resisting trembling all over. I was so scared that I was going to hold the class back, be the only person there, not know what I was doing, etc. However, after about 15 minutes of the hour long class, as I was introduced to other new students my age (and older!) who were in their first class as well today, and realized I had more dance training than all of the other new students, and a more versatile background than just Irish dance with all of the old students, I quickly grew confident, made 3 or 4 friends that appeared to be more serious than the hyper ones, and almost got a bit show-offy (while trying to remain humble, but I did let myself get too big of a head...) So basically, my first instinct was fear and anxiety, then I realized I wasn't the only new person there and had a lot more experience than other new people, then quickly thrived in the environment and just kept reminding myself I wasn't the only person who didn't know what I was doing.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I get anal, obsessive, anxious, and lash out at others (and feel incredibly guilty later). I tend to exhibit almost OCD behavior, such as one time, I used an entire pack of 90 bobby pins in a ponytail at a dance competition because I had recently gotten my hair layered and was paranoid that it was going to fall out. My mom said “Stop putting pins in it, it looks ridiculous”, and I promptly put in another one. She went to remove it and I smacked her hand away and said “Stop! I need them all!”
Looking back on it it was pretty dumb, but I was SO convinced at the time that if I did not have every single available bobby pin in my hair (even if that number chalked up to 500), the whole entire WORLD was going to fall apart, and we weren't going to do well, and it was going to be my fault!

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
Depends on who I'm with and how comfortable I am. My most enjoyable and comfortable situation would be hanging out with my INFJ (she might be a P in my opinion but she thinks she's a J) and ENFJ best friend at a sleepover. I tend to just sit there and smile and offer my input when asked. I get lost in thought and just watch them interact and feel so special and lucky to be their friend. I often end up having deep conversation with them. I don't feel the need to compare for air time if I want to say anything like I do with anyone else. I just let myself be myself, I guess? It's hard to describe. I get lost in the moment a lot, or just let my thoughts run wild and don't feel abashed about it, because they know I'm just being myself and they appreciate that better than other people do, usually, with me.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
I prefer one-on-two interaction, like when it's me, INFJ(/P) and ENFJ. One-on-one interaction (unless it is with ONE specific person, he is the only person this does not apply to) is usually intimidating for me. I feel awkward and shy and like I have a huge spotlight on me, and I don't like that. It makes it hard for me to hold eye contact and I end up just fidgeting and cutting corners where I shouldn't, conversation-wise and moral-wise, because I just feel so intimidated and overwhelmed at the moment. Group interaction I prefer to sit back from almost completely, like a wallflower, and just watch how they're all interacting. Even if I have something really good to say, I'm afraid to say it because I feel like they'll judge me for it, so I bite my tongue and hold it back. (This may have something to do with I've been made fun of and ridiculed for my more imaginative traits and my love of books and anime, etc. before, and also that I was bullied when I was 9 years old. Or it may not. But I thought it was worth mentioning.)

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
I hold important the unspoken rule that everybody ignores where you don't shove any beliefs down anyone else's throat, no matter what belief or opinion it is. You respect and love others, regardless of whether or not you receive it in return. I'm not sure what else to say, except that I hate the vanity of our society and our human conditions. I hate how we teach men to be masculine and all-muscle. And I hate the Barbie company for releasing (sometime during the 1960s-80s, not sure exactly when) a fitness Barbie that came with a scale permanently set to 100 and a book with instructions on how to lose weight that simply said on the inside “Don't eat”. It's so vain and stupid. I don't like it. In fact, I hate it.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
Authoritative figures should be respected even if you don't particularly like or agree with them. I tend to just do what they say. If I don't like them, I'll rant to my friends or my mom about that person while they're not around, but politely. (Such as “I don't think it was fair s/he did ___” is what I'll typically say, or “I don't like ____ about ____”, rather than “THAT ****ING **** DOESN'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT!”) If I really don't agree with them, I might make a side comment disguised as a joke/compliment that they'll never figure out was actually a snide comment about them, because I'm too afraid of ruining what they think of me, of humiliating them in front of other people, and of hurting their feelings.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
I like order, but it takes too much work to attain/maintain it. I hate chaos, it makes me feel sick and anxious and jumpy.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I'm afraid of not reaching my full potential, which results in an ever-ongoing quest to find myself and how best to apply myself to the things that I want to accomplish in life.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I've mentioned what I desire the most earlier, I think. I desire to help people psychologically and emotionally, and to watch them thrive. I want to start an organization with my boyfriend, similar to TWLOHA, that caters to these needs. I'm not sure where they come from, I just know that I have to do it and that I'm one of the best people for the job at the present moment in time.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Writing, performing, art, and talking to a handful of people who understand me well—like I said earlier, because I can be seen and understood without being looked at too closely. b) Talking to people that don't really understand me, because it's so draining physically and mentally to try to explain myself to them if they don't understand me or the object of conversation at all.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I want to know my type because I think it would be beneficial in learning about myself, becoming the best me that I can be, and explaining myself to other people. I think I'm an IxFJ but I have considered IxFP before. Because they're the types I relate to most or act like most. I would like to be an INFJ if I could choose—there's just something that draws me towards them like a magnet, I'm not quite sure why exactly. I don't know what my enneagram is but I'm thinking 4w5 or 6w7. 2 with a 3 wing is a possibility but I'm really leaning towards 4w5. I'm not sure why, I just read it and go “yep, that's me.”
It's pretty late right now and my mom might catch me up at any minute, but I'll take Keys2Cognition tomorrow and post my results. I've taken it before but I don't remember what function orders and numbers it gave me, though it did say I'm either an INFP, INFJ or ISFP the last time I took it two months ago-ish.

This isn't a part of the questionnaire, but a few nights ago I suddenly felt inspired by the Heavy and Light 2012 Intro video posted by TWLOHA (if you're curious on what that video is, it may be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57MvEOXNW4E ) and I immediately did what every sane person does... gushed it out on Tumblr.
This was what I wrote. This was when I wasn't thinking about “what type am I?”, which may subconsciously be making me act a certain way, so you might get an idea of some type of mental process in my head by reading it.

“I’m glad that I’m friends with the troubled and disordered people that I am. Of course, I wish they weren’t that way because it hurts me when they’re hurting… but I’m glad I’m friends with them. No matter how hard it is.
No matter how much they worry me.
No matter how terrified I am sometimes.
There’s something painful and hard but also easy and inspiring about it. It’s impressive, and it’s instinct. It’s awful and it’s wonderful. It’s ugly and it’s beautiful, just like people.
When you’re up all night with the friends that mean the most to you in the world and you feel kinda funny and disoriented and you have the aftertaste of everything you’ve eaten and drank in the last 10 hours awake with them in your mouth and they’re crying in your arms and you’re holding them, it’s so honest and it’s also hopeful because they can cry.
They are breathing. They are gasping. They are crying. And they’re fighting. Because they’re letting it out and trying to win they are fighting.
And as you watch them go from drunk every day and scars all over to drunk once a week and fading scars to completely sober and only caving to blades once in awhile, there’s something so raw and hopeful and personal and inspiring about that.
Or when you look back on old photographs and you can see in their eyes there’s death and pain and blood and worries and self-consciousness, and then you look at the same person sitting next to you and they’re smiling honestly and laughing and enjoying life and not worrying, or knowing how better to handle that worry.
If you look at some big celebrity, like Demi Lovato, you can see what I’m talking about. Listening to Skyscraper, listening to Fix a Heart, listening to For the Love of a Daughter, you can see what I’m talking about. But she was hiding it for the majority of her journey. Imagine watching it.
Or, not even her.
Imagine watching your very best friend, your eccentric and crazy and raw and sad and happy and beautiful and wonderful and out of the norm and complicated best friend who you can order for at Starbucks without asking them what they want and whose house you could maneuver to without asking and who you had tons of inside jokes with and who you could read like a picture book go through it.
And you see them go from the most broken person who no glue in the world could fix, to being happy enough they’re stable but sad enough they aren’t really happy, to the point you almost never have to worry about them anymore, though they do fall down because we’re human.
We’re human.
We’re fragile.
None of us are complete.
But you feel complete and whole when you watch that.
That is why I love being friends with the troubled, disordered people that I am, because I love watching them learn how to be happy and helping to teach them when all their own wisdom fails.
That is why I love To Write Love on Her Arms.
That is why I want to start my own organization and be a counselor someday.
I want to feel that painful and hard and easy and inspiring and impressive and instinct and awful and wonderful and ugly and beautiful raw and hopeful and personal and people-connecting and inspiring feeling every day because it’s so wonderful to watch them come out on the other side.”

Will post an Ennagream questionnaire tomorrow, maybe. For now, I'm going to go get on here on my phone and pretend to be asleep in case my mom wakes up. :D

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oops--I double-posted. Must have pressed the button twice on accident. Sorry!

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oops--I double-posted. Must have pressed the button twice on accident. Sorry!

Of course, there is also always the option of deleting a double post too.

Click edit post, and then, at the bottom right of the text box, there should be a 'delete' option. Just click that (and you probably already knew this, but this is in case you didn't).

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, I didn't know about that. XD Thank you!
Anyone have any insight to my questionnaire?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aw, come on, someone has some kind of input. :p

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What made you take INFP out of the equation?
I don't particularly have time to go in detail but when I first read this you gave the impression of an INFP, you spew words out just like one.
Skimming through the questionnaire further on this is further reinforced, and I can see your definitely not an INTP. There was parts where you described inferior Te, the whole "OCD" mode when you're stressed. Generally Fi is popping up right across the board with Ne. From what I'm reading your a shining example of a young INFP.
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] everytime I see your threads and posts I've always thought INTP who is trying to understand their Fe. INTP's aren't robots, you do have a very emotional side regardless of the stereotype.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't particularly have time to go in detail but when I first read this you gave the impression of an INFP, you spew words out just like one.
Skimming through the questionnaire further on this is further reinforced, and I can see your definitely not an INTP. There was parts where you described inferior Te, the whole "OCD" mode when you're stressed. Generally Fi is popping up right across the board with Ne. From what I'm reading your a shining example of a young INFP.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] everytime I see your threads and posts I've always thought INTP who is trying to understand their Fe. INTP's aren't robots, you do have a very emotional side regardless of the stereotype.
Interesting. If you don't mind, can you elaborate a bit more on how I seem different than INFP?

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I took IxFP out of the equation because I (think I) use Fe, not Fi. My environment enforces my feelings. If my mom and dad are arguing I start feeling angry, overwhelmed and hurt, even though I'm not a part of it. If someone else is feeling something, I tend to feel that way too. I care more about how other people feel than how I feel. If I'm having a bad day and someone else is having a bad day, too, I completely shut out all of my feelings and say "come here" and hold out my arms. I tend to focus on my own feelings less than my environment's feelings.
I also believe I use Ti slightly more than Te--someone showed me two video examples of Ti vs. Te and how they appear as a tertiary and an inferior function when under stress, and I felt like I used Ti more than Te, but I may be wrong.
(Also, I recently stumbled across this, and basically everything they said is something I do on a day-to-day basis. http://personalitycafe.com/isfj-forum-nurturers/25007-you-know-youre-isfj-when.html )

I took the Keys2Cognition thing today and this was what I got:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************** (26.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************************* (31.8)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************* (25.7)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************ (12.2)
unused
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ****************************************** (42.1)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************** (46.1)
excellent use

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISFJ

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
INFJ, because of the strong Ni.
Can you identify yourself with it?
Type 4 is also mostly a INFx thing.. You also said that you think you use Fe more than Fi before you posted your test results.
But in my opinion you're a hybrid who can't be categorized easily. ;)

RisaMoccasin

Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ, because of the strong Ni.
Can you identify yourself with it?
Type 4 is also mostly a INFx thing.. You also said that you think you use Fe more than Fi before you posted your test results.
But in my opinion you're a hybrid who can't be categorized easily. ;)

I identify with both a lot. :\ I relate mostly to the INFJ profiles and not the people, and the ISFJ people but not the profiles. I find I have more common ground and relate to ISFJs, but they intimidate me. The ISFJs on PerC think I'm an ISFJ, so does my INFJ best friend, a handful of INFJs and ENFJs on PerC and my boyfriend, but I still just... haven't found something that really sways me into thinking I'm an ISFJ. Or an INFJ, for that matter.
I found some descriptions of Ni vs. Si ( http://www.enfpforum.com/Wiki/tabid/56/Default.aspx?topic=Cognitive+Functions ) and I'm just going to bold the parts of both that I relate to. Maybe the parts I do and don't relate to can point to my real dominant function or something x'D

Si (Introverted Sensing):

Reliability: Si types are dependable, reliable and trustworthy. They like to belong to solid organizations that have reasonable in their ambitions and loyal to their employees. They are thorough and conscientious in fulfilling their responsibilities. ((I didn't bold thorough on purpose--I wouldn't say I'm very thorough.))

Practicality: Once an Si type accepts a project, they will see it to the end. ((more often than not, but I can only see it through if someone else has assigned it to me--if I assign myself a long-term project that can't be done in a few hours I forget about it.)) They manage their time well and are realistic about how much time and resources will be needed. They derive great pleasure from perfecting existing techniques with the goal of maximizing efficiency and cost-effectiveness.

Memory: Si is reviewing past experiences and recalling stored impressions. Si often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference. Si is operating when we see someone who reminds of someone else. Sometimes the feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. The process involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. Si types tend to have a good memory for specific facts that are necessary in their day-to-day life at work and at home. When one uses Si, we don’t adjust to our surface impressions; we package them and take them with us—in the form of facts, numbers, signs and memories. We don’t remember, or even notice, everything that we see, hear, taste, touch and smell during the course of our lives. Only some things strike us as important, useful, familiar, or exciting enough to convert into mental content—that is, into facts that we retain over time. Si guides in this selection, and it prompts us to reconcile our new impressions with the ones we’ve already stored.

Attention to Detail: Si types are careful and orderly in their attention to facts and details, Si is accumulating data and seeking details information and links to what is known. With Si, there is often a great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. Si is recognizing the way things have always been.

Stability: With Si there can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture, and protect what is known and long-lasting. The Si type tends to be rather modest, traditional and conventional, to like sensible clothing, to be thrifty, careful and wise with both money and possessions. They may keep possessions for a lifetime and treasure those that were given to them. Si types have a developed sense of citizenship and accountability. From an Si viewpoint, immediate conditions have no stable meaning. They’re just an influx of data impinging on the senses, and the response to these impressions depends on mood, state of mind, desires and feelings. It’s our commitments and priorities, the facts we hold inalienable that give our circumstances enduring significance. Knowing what matters, what’s worth keeping or building again, gives a sense of continuity and security. It gives direction in the midst of a crisis, or helps to weather a loss of faith that immediate feelings would not equip us to handle. All things flow away like water, but the ground of our self-experience remains. Si types are typically seen as well grounded in reality, trustworthy, and dedicated to preserving traditional values and time-honored institutions.

Suppression: Si and Ne have a suppressive relationship. The chaos on unpredictability of Ne renders the reliance of the past data obsolete in that it cannot be reliably trusted if the environment is constantly changing.

Ni (Introverted intuition):

Perspective Shifting: Using Ni a person can shift their perspectives, view and understand things from different angles and in different ways, each giving insights, synthesizing information and trying to get to the best outcome for the problem at hand and accomplish a vision of the future. Perspectives are often evoked by focusing on physical symbols, archetypes, totems, and other abstractions like visual models. This ability allows the Ni user to see the underlying meaning and universal truths of natural law behind symbols and abstractions, and then apply them in other places that appear unrelated or contradictory.

Meaningful Insight: Ni involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, one can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to them. Quite often during times of relaxation after concentrated intellectual activity, when the mind is allowed to wander freely, the Ni seems to take over and can produce the sudden clarifying insights. Ni is a way of seeing things that rise above competing views. Engaging this process starts with entering a state of withdrawal from the world in order to purposefully gain an insight or realization. These insights may manifest as "aha!" experiences, the kind of thing that "pops" into your head while you're taking a shower. Once these insights come to pass they can align them with their global model transforming it into an updated perspective of the world and future.

Prediction: Ni is always looking for implications of how the future will unfold. Ni types often find themselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. Because of this curious power that Ni users have, they tend to be seen as having a “psychic” or prophetic quality to them.

Visionary Drive: The sense of the future and the realizations that come from Ni have sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. The Ni user can hold the ideal future society or system within their Ni, and rigorously drive toward this goal to turn it into reality.

Independence of Mind: Ni dominants confidently trust their intuitions, insights, ideas, and inspirations - often no matter what others say. Their thoughts become part of who they are, and they are completely independent of the world the live in. Ni dominants are the most independent minded of all other types, the insights they pick up on in their lives are completely original and subjective. For this reason, many Ni dominants feel like aliens, as if they perceive a completely different reality from everyone else.

Suppression: Ni and Se have a suppressive relationship. Ni causes the person to withdraw from the active sensual environment in order to work effectively. The slightest nudge, impulse noise, or visual flash can knock a person completely out of Ni and derail their train of thought. Because of this, Ni dominants can’t stand being interrupted, and prefer to surround themselves with only the most pleasant of sensations.

This was also something I posted on PerC for the ISFJs to tell me if they related (adding some detail I didn't think of when posting on PerC):
"I've kind of been going back and forth between IxFJ types. There's still uncertainty, and I know you guys are probably getting tired of this by now and I'm sorry but I just don't want to label myself an ISFJ or an INFJ and turn out to be wrong, because I've mistyped myself several times now and it's starting to make me feel really dumb and like an annoying person I'm trying to be more honest and to actually talk about all of my random thought streams in here and on this forum than I tend to be in real life, as well, so if I seem more extroverted I'm usually not very talkative.
So I guess I'm just going to talk about some random traits of mine that are hard for me to discern whether they're more of an ISFJ thing or an INFJ thing, and see how much you all relate to it ^^'

• I often appear lighthearted on the outside, or like a mature, lighthearted person, but I'm very serious (and often dramatic) when people get to know me well, and even more so on the inside.
  • Things have to be perfect. I have tendencies to put way too many bobby pins in my hair at dance competitions for fear it'll fall out onstage, spend two to three hours on stage makeup, obsess over essays, and go to dance when I'm sick, because I don't want to ruin my perfect attendance record. I feel like I'm being immature, irresponsible, or letting people down if I just slack off or don't do something I'm supposed to do. However, my room is a disaster zone, my notebooks are disorganized, I don't even know if the clothes in my dirty clothes basket are dirty or clean, and my floor ends up being my biggest storage place.
  • I don't like telling a group at large my opinions, feelings or emotions, or someone I don't know well or am not comfortable with. It makes me feel vulnerable. However if I'm one-on-one or one-on-two with someone that I have no reason to distrust, I tend to be more open, though still not quite exposing myself. I hate to cry in front of people in general, even if they're my best friends. (And this is a difficult one, because I'm a very sensitive person, even if I may not show it or talk about my feelings.)
  • I am both future-oriented, and present-oriented, and also past-oriented. I have escape, self-defense and hiding plans for every section/room of the house in case someone will break in, and I basically have my whole life mapped out. I beat myself up over and over again over things that have happened in the past, and I'm also very in tune with the environment around me and what is happening at the present moment, though I do tend to get caught up in thought sometimes.
  • When I get lost in thought, I tend to think really, really deeply, on an almost auto-pilot level. I have no control over my thoughts. And when someone says "What're you doing?" my thought process completely slips out of my fingertips. "Thinking." "What're you thinking about?" "... I don't know."
  • One of my friends (she believes she's an INFJ) has a complete lack of respect for authority, and it really annoys me because she goes out of her way to be rebellious and 'different'. It wouldn't bother me if she was just naturally that way, but she acts that way on purpose to defy the system, and for that reason alone. She wants to dye her hair purple just to make people at her school mad. She got a cartilage piercing only because her mom didn't want her to. She identifies as LGBTQ ONLY because it makes her feel rebellious, not because she actually is a part of that community, and other similar things. It really agitates me because I don't understand why she just can't be herself, and it seems disrespectful to everyone and to herself that she would act that way only for the reasons she does. It's something I can't understand because going along with rules (as long as they aren't absurd) and following the system is a necessary part of excelling and for society to be orderly. (And if she directed half as much energy as something else as she does being rebellious, she could get so much done.)
  • I always take other people seriously unless it's really, really obvious that they're joking about something. People often laugh at me and say "You thought I was serious?", then I feel really embarrassed and creep back into my turtle shell.
  • My judgments and opinions usually start as very rigid, clear-lined and no-nonsense, but the more I hear a different opinion the looser they get, until I finally become open to hearing other opinions. If I feel like I don't understand something completely (like this), I continue to search for deeper insight to build onto it until I feel like I have a steady, sturdy foundation on it, then I will start talking about it with other people and trying to teach those interested in it.
  • It's impossible for me to summarize things easily. I feel like the more detail I add the better other people must understand it, so the more detail the better. I also tend to describe things in terms that only make sense in my head and just serve to confuse others.
  • Although I believe everyone is unique and no one should be 100% labelled, I find comfort in having loose-fitting labels, because it makes something seem more easily understandable and less of the dangerous, great unknown.
  • I kind of... change my behavior depending on who I'm talking to. I'm much more of a quiet person with my INFJ and ENFJ best friends, because a lot of our opinions differ and as much as we love each other, if I opened my mouth about my opinions, we would get into a debate. Debates cause conflict and I feel absolutely sick if any conflict is going on. However, I have a friend who's an INFP, and she's a very dependent person and always asks me what she should do on ____ or what she should say to ____, and I have a much more confident personality around her because I feel less intimidated by her. With my INTP boyfriend I basically feel like his equal, so I am neither shy nor confident, passive or aggressive, and I'm comfortable blabbing about whatever comes mind. With anyone else I tend to just sit there quietly and to be very passive, kind and gentle.
  • I'm very much into psychology, and when I do a psychological analysis on someone (especially someone with a disorder), I tend to notice really easily if what they say doesn't match up and start building theories off of that, and also to connect things, but I also excel at noticing their physical behavior. One time my INFJ friend, who used to be anorexic, had "she said feels fine, it's wonderful, wonderful here" (lyrics from the song Strawberry Gashes) written on the back of her hand and said "Jeez, I'm so hungry", and I immediately knew she was having a bad day, even though nobody else noticed. Also, one time I was watching an educational psychiatric interview involving a patient who had psychosis, and he talked about hearing voices a lot. At one point his eyes snapped to the left and he continued to stare there, which I noticed right away, then he had to drag his eyes away. I immediately came to the conclusion he was hallucinating. Turns out I was right when the therapist addressed it XD But if I showed it to anyone else they didn't notice it...
  • I love to try to explore the world around me, the people around me and all the possibilities. I wish I could be absorbed into nature and just continue to observe people there... then I could see them at their most honest and raw, when they were alone, what they wrote in journals, and not the facade the present to the rest of the world. My goal is to understand the world, especially other people, and to be understood in turn. I want to reach out and grasp everything in the palm of my hand and roll it around until I understand it.
  • Even if I dislike someone strongly, if I see that person in pain, no matter what wrong they have done to me, I have to be their shoulder to cry on and hug them. It goes against every instinct in my body to do otherwise.

If this means anything (it may not), and any of you have read Perks of Being a Wallflower or seen the movie, I relate a lot to Charlie in the ways that he understands and views other people, in the way that he has a small group of very special people to him that he feels like nothing without, and the ways he comes to his decisions, also the way he stands back, observes rather than participates, and knows other people."