• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

475617's Personality Type: the Final Frontier?

MBTI Type
help
Enneagram
pls
There are a few things I know that are certain-- I'm probably an enneagram type 9. I'm not entirely sure on the wing, but I'm leaning towards 9w1. Apart from that, my MBTI type still remains a mystery! I find myself relating to every cognitive function in some way. I'll refrain from answering a questionnaire unless I really have to because I find it hard to find "real" answers to each questions without straying off on something either unrelated or not true. I'm a seventeen year old girl, if that makes this more helpful?

I originally wrote some paragraphs on how I think I use each functions, but it ended up as a three page word document, and I don't think anyone would have the patience to wade through it so I rewrote in the form of bullet points.

Si
  • My long term memory is really great. I can remember if Person A has a thing for Mongolian girl feet or if Person B likes reading about the 33rd president of the United States and likes to pretend that they're married to the 544th president. I'm also really good at remembering if I've talked about something with someone, but lately my memory is starting to fade and I'm finding myself questioning if my memory of something is true or if I imagined it or dreamt it.
  • On the other hand, my short term memory is terrible. I'll be extremely excited about a certain thing for a second and then I'll blink and I'll forget about what I was about to type in.
  • I don't necessarily dwell on the past, but that doesn't mean I don't think about it. I don't know how to really explain it, but there are certain traumatizing memories that kind of haunt me. I don't talk about them, or care about them, but on occasions they sort of just pop up.
  • Uhhh, if someone asked me about what era of time I'd time travel to, I'd probably either say I'd want to go to the far far far future and see how evolved humans are or go back in time and pick up baby Stalin, Trotsky, and Lenin and raise them as triplets?
Se
  • I listen to music for the aesthetic pleasure of it. I don’t care too much about the actual meaning of the song, but if the lyrics are too stupid, I can’t listen to it, which is probably why I avoid American pop songs, no matter how catchy it is. The only thing that bothers me about this is THINK OF ALL THE JAPANESE INTx HIKKIKOMORIES SITTING IN THEIR ROOM JACKING OFF IN THEIR ROOMS WITH AN INTELLECTUAL SUPERIORITY COMPLEX TO AKB48?! The music is catchy is hell, and they probably actually like the girls more than the music, but I’m pretty sure they’re not going to neglect the music completely. I doubt they’re thinking about the hidden meanings of how *aki-p is actually a dude that’s against school girl sexualization! this is social satire! THE PATRIARCHYYYYYYYYYYY* but rather *he he he my precious eri-chan can sing so beautifully, i must protect her precious virginity he he he only i can protect her!!!*.
  • In regards to my environment, I don't really *consciously* look at things. If you blindfolded me, I probably wouldn't be able to tell you what I'm exactly wearing (okay this is sort of a lie because i literally wear the same thing everyday so maybe but I DON'T KNOW ! ! ! !). There are times where I'll drive past the same thing for the thousandth time, and I'll finally notice that it's there after the millionth iteration, but if I decide to look at something, I can notice the details as well as anyone else!!!
Ne
  • I need to see the object at hand, and then I can come up with several different possibilities relating to said object, so I can't really tell if this is Se or Ne.
  • When I was younger, I was never too good at organized brainstorming. I could never sit down, and draw the chart and come up with three reasons to why I love eating nachos. I kind of just jumped into the essay without much forethought.
  • I'm not entirely sure on the pattern portion of Ne. I found a pattern in my username that made it exponentially easier to remember what numbers to type in? Am I a mathematician yet? The ultimate ENxP?! No?
  • Sometimes when I can't believe a person would do something, I'll give them three hundred different possibilities in which a scenario could play out to sort of be obnoxious and to see if they change their mind.
Ni
  • I get certain hunches about people and whether I like them or not. I also find it easy to guess a person's interests by the general feeling I get off them.
  • I can't really think of anything else about Ni? I'm pretty it's one of my least used functions.
Te
  • ........I sometimes have fun organizing certain things. I think that's it?
  • I like thinking out loud! It's fun when someone else is thinking with me and throwing back ideas and going along with what I'm saying regardless of how stupid or lame my idea is.
Ti
  • This is embarrassing, but when I first took the test, I took it in the form of my idealized self and got ISTP. I went on all of the forums and read about ISTPs and thought I really related to them, but what I really only related to was the IxxP stereotypes. Anyway, I don't think I use Ti that much either, because the thing that was getting me about being an ISTP was the Ti and Se.
  • What exactly is Ti? I need to read more on this. I'm a pretty curious person. If I read an article about conflict in a certain country, I'll feel the need to google the country so I can learn more about the country, then I'll want to know about what type of alphabet they use, and I'll just keep going from there, and by the end of that hour, I'll have 23 different wikipedia tabs about it.
Fe
  • For a while, I didn't think much of my Fe usage, and instead thought I was much more of a Fi user, but I've started to notice that if I read about something new, I'll go on the internet and see what other people have to say about it, and if I think what they're saying sounds plausible or interesting, I might change my opinion of something to what they say. I watched Wreck-It Ralph the other day, and after finishing it, I realized Ralph was going through an existentialist crisis, so I googled that and found it nice that there were articles about that? Would an Fi user be like nOOOOO I WANT TO BE SPECIAL DON'T THINK WHAT I THINK!!!!!?
  • I care a lot more about inner peace than external peace. I don't care about what's happening outside, as long as I don't get involved. Last year, a girl overreacted to something I said, and sort of verbally freaked out. Outwardly, I laughed and ignored her barrage of insults and told her that I was too busy thinking about dog vomit to listen to her, and that made her even angrier. I tried showing how little I cared, but inwardly I did care. Not because of her feelings, but because she was constantly on my case, and I couldn't hide from her.
  • I think teamwork is the most inspirational thing ever, but I hate working in groups. When reading 20th Century Boys, I probably cried at least ten times because TEAMWORK and One Piece, oh my god?!
Fi
  • I think Fi is either my dominant or auxiliary function, because I can't stand inner turmoil. I don't know if this has to do with another person's actions invalidating my values or not, but I just really don't like feeling victimized or attacked in anyway?
  • What are my values? Maybe I don't use Fi, after all. Do I have any real values? I hate it when other people break laws, but I couldn't care less if I were about to break a law. To be honest, I've never felt a strong sense of righteousness metaphorically flow through my blood stream?!?! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

ANYWAY, IF ANYONE READ THIS AND ACTUALLY REPLY, THANK YOU :):):)

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ANYWAY, IF ANYONE READ THIS AND ACTUALLY REPLY, THANK YOU :):):)

I'm trying to figure it out, but I can't really do it. The way you had it organized was neat and all (probably some sort of Te), but I can't really say much about you. Tell me what you're like without trying to consider into which group each fits in; don't make an argument for each, just tell me about yourself.

MBTI Type
help
Enneagram
pls
I'm trying to figure it out, but I can't really do it. The way you had it organized was neat and all (probably some sort of Te), but I can't really say much about you. Tell me what you're like without trying to consider into which group each fits in; don't make an argument for each, just tell me about yourself.

Ah, this is hard. I find it hard to describe myself, not for any particularly reason, but I find that when I describe myself I end up avoiding the actual aspect of describing myself and I start talking about other things? But, uh, I'm a pretty shy and lazy person. I only have enthusiasm for the things I like, and I usually only like them for a few days. I feel the same way about people. I get bored of them relatively quick, but after a small break from that certain person, I'll start to feel all right around them again, and it'll just be an endless cycle. Interaction doesn't make me tired, but it depends on how interesting the topic. I'm generally an optimistic person! If it's two in the morning, and I haven't started my homework yet, I won't think "OH NO WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN I HAVE NO TIME I WANNA SLEEP WHAT DO I DO SHOULD I MAKE CURRY RICE SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND START VISUALIZING MY LIMP BODY HANGING OVER THERE HMMM" but rather "I STILL HAVE SIX HOURS HA HA HA WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN I HAVE THE INTERNET, A SORT OF FUNCTIONING BRAIN AND EYEBALLS THAT WORK LOOK AT ALL OF THESE FORUMS TO GO ON HEY LET'S PRETEND TO BE A WHITE NATIONALIST OR NO LET'S READ ABOUT SOLIPSISM COOL PDF HA HA HA SIX HOURS", but basically I think that everything's going to work out in the end. Rather, I try to run away from bad thoughts before they can consume the rest of my happiness.

But like I said, I get overly enthusiastic about new prospects, but I'm easily embarrassed so I won't share them as long as they seem impersonal enough. Last summer, I thought about sitcom scripts, and how cool it would've been to become a sitcom writer, so I ended up writing nearly twenty sitcom pilots and a whole bunch of spec scripts. After a few weeks of doing that, I got bored and started to read a bunch of sci-fi novels because that sounded more interesting? I ACTUALLY SPENT AN ENTIRE DAY COMING UP WITH A SETTING, A STORY, AND CHARACTERS AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?!?! I watch the Matrix a few months later and realized that the people who thought of the idea flew to the future and implanted themselves in my brain, and then added really cheesy action scenes and the most annoying actor of all time?!

tl;dr: i hate keanu reeves and i never actually finished the republic ha ha ha

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, this is hard. I find it hard to describe myself, not for any particularly reason, but I find that when I describe myself I end up avoiding the actual aspect of describing myself and I start talking about other things? But, uh, I'm a pretty shy and lazy person. I only have enthusiasm for the things I like, and I usually only like them for a few days. I feel the same way about people. I get bored of them relatively quick, but after a small break from that certain person, I'll start to feel all right around them again, and it'll just be an endless cycle. Interaction doesn't make me tired, but it depends on how interesting the topic. I'm generally an optimistic person! If it's two in the morning, and I haven't started my homework yet, I won't think "OH NO WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN I HAVE NO TIME I WANNA SLEEP WHAT DO I DO SHOULD I MAKE CURRY RICE SHOULD I JUST GIVE UP AND START VISUALIZING MY LIMP BODY HANGING OVER THERE HMMM" but rather "I STILL HAVE SIX HOURS HA HA HA WHO NEEDS SLEEP WHEN I HAVE THE INTERNET, A SORT OF FUNCTIONING BRAIN AND EYEBALLS THAT WORK LOOK AT ALL OF THESE FORUMS TO GO ON HEY LET'S PRETEND TO BE A WHITE NATIONALIST OR NO LET'S READ ABOUT SOLIPSISM COOL PDF HA HA HA SIX HOURS", but basically I think that everything's going to work out in the end. Rather, I try to run away from bad thoughts before they can consume the rest of my happiness.

But like I said, I get overly enthusiastic about new prospects, but I'm easily embarrassed so I won't share them as long as they seem impersonal enough. Last summer, I thought about sitcom scripts, and how cool it would've been to become a sitcom writer, so I ended up writing nearly twenty sitcom pilots and a whole bunch of spec scripts. After a few weeks of doing that, I got bored and started to read a bunch of sci-fi novels because that sounded more interesting? I ACTUALLY SPENT AN ENTIRE DAY COMING UP WITH A SETTING, A STORY, AND CHARACTERS AND GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?!?! I watch the Matrix a few months later and realized that the people who thought of the idea flew to the future and implanted themselves in my brain, and then added really cheesy action scenes and the most annoying actor of all time?!

tl;dr: i hate keanu reeves and i never actually finished the republic ha ha ha

Sorry: almost forgot to respond back.:D

Hm...I'm thinking ISFP. I can't really describe why, I just get a feeling - though I think there's a high chance I'm wrong.

Perhaps somebody else is more qualified than me to answer.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alright, I feel I haven't done you enough justice by just telling you the type. You seem to have some sort of Se, in-the-moment type of personality, but it doesn't sound as strong as it would be in an ESxP. As well, there seems to be some silly, effeminate, feeler stuff going on ("silly" and "effeminate" not going together as similar, but as different adjectives :D), which is not the case for most ISTPs (from experience).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I agree, you seem ISFPish. Does this strike any chords?

ISFP Composer Producer
Theme is composing, using whatever is at hand to get a harmonious, aesthetic result. Talents lie in combining, varying, and improvising, frequently in the arts but also in business and elsewhere. With their senses keenly tuned in they become totally absorbed in the action of the moment, finding just what fits the situation or the composition. Thrive on having the freedom to vary what they do until they get just the right effect. Take action to help others and demonstrate values. Kind and sensitive to the suffering of others.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
No idea, you're too complex ;)

But the way you write is very different from the classical INxx style and your avatar looks kinda F-ish. How many tests have you done already?

I usually post descriptions from this site. They describe a type with adjectives.

ISTP
hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate, loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermetic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering

ISFP
disorganized, timid, prone to discouragement, socially uncomfortable, does not like leadership, suggestible, not self confident, not aggressive, lower energy, fearful, anxious, easily distracted, prone to discontentment, guarded, not confrontational, prone to longing for a stabilizing relationship, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, easily disturbed, fears drawing attention to self, prone to confusion, private, second guesses self, prone to quitting, underachiever, fears rejection in relationships, emotionally moody, prone to sadness, dislikes change, indecisive, modest, doubting, prone to laziness

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
OP:

From what I have gathered, Ti is basically an internal thought processing system. It takes in information and analyzes it internally and impersonally. It manifests in precisely calculating every detail, checking for accuracy, and scopes through to figure out a series of thoughts, theories, or systems. Like Te, this does focus on logic, but doesn't immediately side with shallow evidence and is more likely to question such evidence if a Ti prefrence user can find any flaws, or if it just seems "off" to them. For example, much time is taken to carefully make a post on a message board forum as accurate as possible by frequently editing it or taking a lot of time to write it all down. This is something I do frequently.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Backup explanations:

http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/91275-examples-introverted-thinking.html

Hope that gives you a better understanding.