• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP, INFP, ISTP...no idea! (I am VERY complex for an 18 year old male!)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
[MENTION=17464]surfing_usa_timez[/MENTION]

You know, you're annoying, don't you?

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why I think I'm Ti-dom (80-90% sure):

-I question almost everything, and I am always contemplating and introspecting. I have to have a period of contemplation on something before I can make an opinion (basically, I take external information (facts, opinions, insight, etc.), check for accuracy, take out what is irrelevant, mix in related internal information and form an information pool, and form an idea that doesn't conclude [or is close to conclude, or an open conclusion] Basically, I form my own little opinion based on past data I have collected and opinions I have formed, correlating with recent external data that seems accurate and makes sense to me.
-If I am in the right mindset, I like figuring out how systems work, so everything related to it can make sense to me.

This all sound like Ti. I think Ti-dom (after reading the rest). Te will also figure out systems, but the rest is pure Ti.

Why I could be Fi-dom
-I used to (and still on the off-chance) think about the consequences of something based on if it was wrong (like stealing, I told myself it was wrong just because it was hailed "wrong" by society's standards) Then again, I was told what was right and wrong when I was a kid, and I sheepishly followed along with it, considering I wasn't quite developed yet.

This is mostly Fe, not Fi.

Why I could be Se-aux:

-Very recently, I started paying attention and trying to improve my appearance (I mentioned this in the video above). Not so much physical, like working out (I actually don't really care about being in shape much) but moreso the clothes I am wearing (my style).
-I have payed attention to my surroundings and observed what trends there are, or what a group could be into (for example, when I was 15, a group of friends/acquaintances liked playing drums, so I thought it was cool; so to try to fit in, I got into drums. I was kind of a sheep then, though, so I am less likely to participate in conventional trends and just develop my own traits, taste in music, hobbies, and style).
-If I am in the right mindset, at ease (not stressed), and in a good mood, I can live in the moment, to an extent.
-Certain aesthetics can fascinate and stimulate me, but not have a strong effect on my mood.
-I want to have new experiences, and travel (but this mainly has to do with me not having many experiences in my life, in my 18 mundane years of existence)

INTPs can also be quite aware of their surroundings when using Ne; they take in the information and analyze it. As for your interest in appearance, it's naturally human (and maybe a result of Si).

Why I could be Si-tert:

-I am nostalgic, actually going way back when I was 10 years old or so (leading me once to consider the possibility of me being Si-dom, or an ISFJ, but that seems very unlikely)
-I attach certain memories to certain objects or music (this happens often, not just memories but actual thoughts in my head at a time!)
-I am sometimes reminded of a previous situation, by being in a similar situation related to a previous situation.
-Sometimes I have an experience or moment that I have been in, that stood out for whatever reason to me (peaceful, fascinating, etc.) and try to replicate it.
-I have a strong internal memory of different tastes and smells, and am reminded of experiences associated with that piece of sensory data.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm thinking INTP.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
IMO:

The chances of you being INFP based on what you have shared in this thread: less than 2%. I get no "Fi vibe" from your posts at all.

From an evidentiary perspective, it would be unlikely to find an INFP saying anything like this: "If someone is upset over something that I don't think is really a big deal, I can't relate, therefore I can't sympathize." Or this: "I sometimes dictate how I feel." Or this: "I tend to poke fun at certain morals sometimes, especially when it comes to relationships."

INTP seems most probable to me, I estimate likelihood of that around 80%.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
IMO:

The chances of you being INFP based on what you have shared in this thread: less than 2%. I get no "Fi vibe" from your posts at all.

From an evidentiary perspective, it would be unlikely to find an INFP saying anything like this: "If someone is upset over something that I don't think is really a big deal, I can't relate, therefore I can't sympathize." Or this: "I sometimes dictate how I feel." Or this: "I tend to poke fun at certain morals sometimes, especially when it comes to relationships."

INTP seems most probable to me, I estimate likelihood of that around 80%.

I was considering INFP mostly due to the fact that I have daydreamed and have kind of craved being in a relationship. But this is probably due to the fact that I have never been in one before, curiousity, and I watched a lot of TV depicting relationships in a way that struck me, so it gave me a good impression.

But other than that, yeah, I don't see any Fi-dom in me.

I've been leaning towards ISTP since I loved going out in severe weather when I was a kid, just for the pure thrill of it, and doing other stuff that involved thrills. But that could be just kid stuff. I had ADHD out the wazoo too back then, so that could have left me to desire experiences. I'm a lot different now.

So yeah, I'd say IxTP for me right now.

Nicki

Retired
You're such an INTP. You seem to generating a lot of possibilities.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
You're such an INTP. You seem to generating a lot of possibilities.

I wouldn't rule out ISTP though. Doesn't tertiary Ni generate a lot of possibilities as well? Except they focus inward and combine, instead of spread out, correct?

Nicki

Retired
I wouldn't rule out ISTP though. Doesn't tertiary Ni generate a lot of possibilities as well? Except they focus inward and combine, instead of spread out, correct?

I didn't see any Se. Hmm not really, and I agree with the last sentence.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think you're an INTP. INFP's are often religious and even if not would never say what you said about religion :) Also INFP's can be ironic but not really sarcastic - they are very un-abrasive in general.

You are DEFINITELY not an ISTP - far too much thinking going on there.

Hope this helps!
:)

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I think you're an INTP. INFP's are often religious and even if not would never say what you said about religion :) Also INFP's can be ironic but not really sarcastic - they are very un-abrasive in general.

You are DEFINITELY not an ISTP - far too much thinking going on there.

Hope this helps!
:)

There are some religious INTPs out there and some athiest/agonistic INFPs - religion doesn't have to do with type from what I know.

And ISTPs can think a lot too; Ti-dom. They just don't have Ne adding fuel to the fire and giving Ti more to break down.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I tend to ramble at times.

No shit.

I'm gonna go with Extrovert - and not just because there are 2 exclamation marks in your thread title.

ADHD is more common in extroverts. In fact, it's their default mode.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
There are some religious INTPs out there and some athiest/agonistic INFPs - religion doesn't have to do with type from what I know.

And ISTPs can think a lot too; Ti-dom. They just don't have Ne adding fuel to the fire and giving Ti more to break down.

Well spoken.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
No shit.

I'm gonna go with Extrovert - and not just because there are 2 exclamation marks in your thread title.

ADHD is more common in extroverts. In fact, it's their default mode.

Just because someone may ramble, it doesn't necessarily make someone extraverted? When I ramble it sometimes drains a part of me.

But yeah, I wouldn't rule out being an extravert (ENTP?) I do have social anxiety which may disguise me as an introvert, and tend to be energized by social situations sometimes (it boosts my confidence somewhat), but I always need time alone to contemplate. I haven't been in many social situations or have made a lot of contact with the external world as of late either, so that alone makes it harder to discern.

But it all comes down to the functions, and I think I'm Ti-dom (MAYBE Ni-dom) so that alone would make me introverted.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm ambiverted either.

KatharineML

MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Yes, I take back the religious point. It's true that it has nothing to do with type - it's more the way he talked about it, I think. More coldly than I think an INFP would? Not sure.

Re thinking. I dont think ISTP's over think things. They don't get confused.